I… I was the only one, wasn’t I?
你总是能逗我开心
How wonderful you make me feel.
瞧瞧是谁出来放风了
Well, look who’s strolling the grounds this morning!
怎么没在屋里埋头苦练
Why aren’t you in your room, practicing?
心情太激动 坐不住
I’m too excited to lock myself away.
你和布莱斯在忙什么
What are you and Brice up to?
布莱斯去巴黎了 待一个礼拜
Brice is away for the week, in Paris.
我和母亲准备去游泳
Mother and I are going swimming.
你一定对游泳不感兴趣
I’m sure swimming isn’t your favorite pastime.
胡说 我接受邀请
Nonsense. I accept your invitation.
让我去买♥♥件游泳衣
Just need to buy a bathing suit,
咱们泳池见
and I’ll, uh, meet you by the pool.
我们不去游泳池
We’re not going to the pool.
我们更喜欢下海游
We prefer to swim off the rocks.
下海 那更棒了
The rocks? Even better.
敢于冒险 青春只有一次
Live dangerously, I say. You only live once.
如果命大的话
Or maybe two or three times,
说不定还能死里逃生两三次
depending on your supply of ectoplasm.
你游得不错
You are a much better swimmer
比想象的好多了
than I would have imagined.
我还是个跳舞高手呢
I’m also a much better dancer.
真的吗 下次一定请我跳一支舞
Really? You must take me dancing sometime.
没准我会的
Perhaps I shall,
生活不再令人厌倦 不再陈腐贫乏 不再一无是处
now that life is no longer weary, stale, flat and unprofitable.
哪里听到过这句话
Oh, that’s from something.
是狄更斯说的吗
Is that Dickens?
可怜的孩子
Oh, dear, poor thing.
女士 你家的神童还有好多要学的呢
Madam, your wunderkind has much catching up to do. Huh?
难道不是狄更斯吗
Isn’t that Dickens?
就是狄更斯
That’s Dickens.
贝多芬的交响曲作品里
The Seventh is actually one of my favorites
第七交响曲是我的最爱之一
of Beethoven’s symphonies,
如果你没听过
but if you haven’t heard them,
反正弦乐四重奏真是棒极了
the string quartets are sublime.
尤其听到后头 第15章和第16章
Especially the late ones, the 15th and the 16th.
当然 欣赏这些需要很高的学识基础
Of course, they are rather intellectually demanding,
不过学识这样东西
but that’s the thing about intelligence.
永远不能灰心丧气
You must never despair.
你努力就能学好
Yours can be raised.
今天真是不同寻常
You know, it’s extraordinary.
这些花儿 我闻了不下百遍
I have smelled these flowers 100 times,
然而直至此刻 我才真正知其芳香
and yet I have never really smelled them until now.
可惜了
What a pity.
人世间被你认定愚蠢的众生
All the rest of the human race that you consider boobs,
都知道花儿芳香 唯独你不知
smelling flowers and you all left out.
等等 没错
Now, wait. Yes.
他们是闻到了 但却不明所以
They… They’ve enjoyed, but mindlessly,
他们享受花香时 是盲目的
They… They’ve enjoyed, but mindlessly,
因为他们从未思索过
because they never thought.
从未停下来
They never… They never stopped
认真考虑过 人生看起来是如此残酷
for a moment to consider what a rotten deal it all appears to be.
一出生 没有犯下任何罪行
To be born, to have committed no crime,
却已被判了死刑
and yet to be sentenced to death.
但留意我说的是 看起来是
Ah, but notice I say, “appears to be.”
埃尔文 你好 是我 斯坦利·克劳福德
Alvin, hello. It’s Stanley Crawford.
魏灵·克劳福德
Yes, Wei Ling Crawford.
你好吗
How are you?
很好 好极了
Good, splendid.
听着 埃尔文 我这有一个绝无仅有的故事
Listen, Alvin, I have the story of a lifetime for your paper
我想让你先报道
and I wanted you to have it first.
不是 算是
No… Well, yes, it is a…
算是一场秀
It’s a theatrical piece, but it’s…
但是不仅于此
It’s much more than that, much more.
是科学
It’s science, it’s…
是哲学 是宗教
It’s philosophy, it’s religion.
布莱斯今天晚上就从巴黎回来了
Brice is coming home tonight from Paris.
这一周过得好快
The week went so fast.
你决定要接受布莱斯的求婚了吗
Have you decided to accept Brice’s marriage proposal?
他确实逼得很紧
He is pushing me very hard.
如果我是你的话我肯定答应
Well, I’d grab it if I were you.
答应才是符合逻辑的选择
I mean, it’d be logical.
没受过教育的无名小卒
An uneducated nobody
来自某个名字很荒谬的城市
from some ridiculous-sounding city,
有天赋 惊人的天赋 但没有自己的成就
gifted, miraculously, through no achievement of your own,
现在培养出了高端的品位
and now you’ve developed a taste for high living…
游艇 汽车
Yachts, motorcars.
要知道 斯坦利
You know, Stanley,
我并不像你说的那么饥不择食
I’m not quite as desperate as you make me out to be.
实际上有不少
There have actually been a number of,
富裕的男士爱上了我
I don’t know, substantial men who have fallen in love with me.
真的吗
Really?
我是看不出来你的出身
Well, you could’ve fooled me.
不过 以你的能力
Although, with the ability you have,
人确实会不由自主地对你感到好奇
one does automatically become intriguing…
你的外貌也确实不差
And you do have agreeable features,
但我肯定 是你的天赋
but it’s your gift, I’m sure, which is…
我不会说迷人 但确实令人印象深刻
Well, l wouldn’t say charming, but it is impressive.
甚至是你 刚也说了我的外貌不差
I mean, even you just said I have agreeable features.
不止是不差
They’re more than agreeable.
前提是光线打得恰到好处
Provided the light hits you just so.
我能问问那是一天中的什么时候吗
Can I ask what time of day that might be?
以防万一我需要以最佳状态参加工作面试
Just in case I ever need to look my best for a job interview?
黄昏 你在夏天大约8:20的时候最美
Dusk. You’re prettiest at about 8:20
当天色渐弱的时候
in the summer, when the light is fading.
我懂了 天色要渐弱才行
Oh, I see, the light must be fading,
这样我就不会太显眼
so that I’m not too visible.
正是 我在想我变消失大象的魔术时
Exactly. I’m thinking when I do the vanishing elephant trick,
应该按我给大象打光的方法来给你打光
you must be lit precisely as I light the elephant.
我想还是算了
I don’t think I’ll pursue that.
你来参加舞会吗
You coming to the ball, at the palace?
当然去
Of course I am.
我一生都想参加那样的舞会
My whole life I’ve wanted to go to a ball like that.
你有舞伴吗
Do you have a date?
确实有
I do, indeed.
我要和南法最迷人的女士一起去
I’m going with the most charming woman in the south of France.
瓦妮莎阿姨
My Aunt Vanessa.
我喜欢她
I like her.
我要起舞纵饮
I am going to dance and drink
享受你为我的人生带来的一切
and enjoy all the things you have brought to my life.
也许你我甚至可以共舞一曲
Maybe you and I can even have a dance together.
你不是说我们可以共舞一曲吗
Didn’t you say that we might have a dance together?
你的心灵感应告诉你我的脚疼死了
Ah, your mental vibrations told you my feet are killing me.

Please, be my guest.
她很感谢你的支持
She so appreciates your support.
瓦妮莎阿姨
Aunt Vanessa?
你是今晚唯一一个
You know that you’re the only person tonight
没有对我的外表做出评论的人
who hasn’t made a comment on my appearance.
我还没有回过神来 苏菲
I’m overwhelmed, Sophie.
我做梦都想不到你会如此美丽
I never dreamed you could look this beautiful.
这还差不多
That’s more like it.
你一定想尽了千方百计才达到这种效果
You must have moved mountains to achieve this effect.
谢了
Thanks.
而且这还没有加上
And this is all without the added benefit of the lighting
你给你的大象打的光
that you give your elephant.
明天我要召开关于你的记者招待会
You know, tomorrow I’m doing that press conference about you.
告诉我 斯坦利
Tell me, um, Stanley.
除了我的天赋
Apart from my gift,
改变了你的人生的天赋
which has changed your life so…
你有没有
Have you not, in the…
在我们共同度过的时光里
In the time that we’ve spent together,
有没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!