加拉帕戈斯群岛度假
travel through the Galapagos.
可是你不喜欢度假
But you hate holidays.
你会把所有时间用在房♥间里练魔术
You’ll spend your whole time in your room practicing card tricks,
而不是去看乌龟
and you’ll never see the big turtles.
而且你一直很喜欢法国南部
And besides, you’ve always loved the south of France,
你还可以去看望你的瓦妮莎姑妈
and you could visit your Aunt Vanessa.
可那个女人要是知道
But if this woman knows
她被伟大的苏魏灵盯着
she’s being watched by the great Wei Ling Soo,
她一定会找借口推脱的
she’ll make some excuse not to perform.
什么头疼啦 房♥间里有阻力啊什么的
The usual headaches, resistance in the room…
她不会知道你是苏魏灵的
She’ll never know you’re Wei Ling Soo.
那张中国面具之下 没人知道你的真实身份
No one knows who you are under all that chinoiserie.
你可以扮成任何一个人
You can pose as anyone you like.
她要是连你也骗过去了 那她可真厉害
Well, if she’s fooled you, she must be very good.
可是她骗不了我
But she won’t fool me.
我等不及要见识一下这个人的伎俩了
I can’t wait to see what gimmickry she’s employing,
撕下她的伪装 扔到她脸上
unmask it, and throw it back in her face.
威斯敏斯特市
威斯敏斯特市
威斯敏斯特市
贝尔格雷夫住♥宅♥区
贝尔格雷夫住♥宅♥区
贝尔格雷夫住♥宅♥区
要推迟我们的度假吗
Postponing our holiday?
我实在忍♥不住
I can’t resist.
你鬼迷心窍了 斯坦利
You’re driven, Stanley.
别生气 奥利维亚 不会很久的
Don’t get angry with me, Olivia. It won’t be for long.
好吧 你去吧
Oh, okay, go.
你总是那么了解我 奥利维亚
You’ve always had the measure of me, Olivia.
从我们第一次共进晚餐起
Ever since our very first dinner,
还有我把你的红宝石戒指从你手上变没了
when I made your ruby ring disappear from your finger,
放到你那颗半熟的鸡蛋里去
and reappear in your soft-boiled egg.
如果你记得的话 我很快就戳穿了你的把戏
If you recall, I quickly figured out how you did it.
是的 你真厉害
Yes, you were very impressive.
那不过是简单的逻辑感和直觉罢了
Oh, it was simply a matter of logic and common sense.
你把戒指藏在手心里
I mean, you palmed the
借用撒盐来分散我的注意力
ring and distracted me by spilling the salt.
我想一定是我的聪慧吸引了你
I believe it was my clear thinking that attracted you to me.
没错 你的逻辑感和直觉和我一样敏锐
Yes, your logic and common sense equal mine,
而且你又长得这么美
but you have the added quality of being beautiful.
你说过很多次了 斯坦利
Mmm, you’ve said it several times, Stanley.
我们是天生一对
We’re a match made in heaven.
真是个惊喜 我最喜爱的侄儿
What a serendipitous pleasure to be surprised
和霍华德·博甘竟然来看我了
by my favorite nephew and Howard Burkan!
小霍华德
Little Howard.
-请叫我”博甘大♥师♥” -好
– Uh, “Burkan the Great,” If you please. – Of course.
在我所有侄子和侄女里 斯坦利
Of all my nephews and nieces, you’re the only one, Stanley,
你是唯一一个力求完美的
who isn’t boring to the point of perfection.
您说得一点儿都没错
Oh, I couldn’t agree more.
你的性子要是能更温和一些
If only you had a slightly milder disposition,
也许你就会有很多朋友了
you might actually have friends.
我就是他的朋友 还是唯一的一个
Oh, l am his friend. Notice I use the singular.
是的 他是想说只有他能受得了我
Yes, he means he can tolerate me.
你在公众面前也许是博甘大♥师♥
You may be Burkan the Great to your public,
可在我面前 你永远是那个小霍华德·博甘
but to me, you’ll always be little Howard Burkan,
用剪刀把我最喜欢的围巾
who took my favorite scarf,
剪成两段的那个小家伙
cut it in half with a pair of scissors,
挥动着他的魔杖
waved his magic wand over it,
也没能把那条围巾变回原样
and it didn’t come back together.
我那时候才刚学
I was just learning the trick.
她永远都不会忘记这件事的
No, she never got over that.
你们这次突然拜访又是因为什么
And to what do I owe this unannounced visit?
我来这儿拆穿一个骗子的把戏
I’m here to expose yet another fraudulent spiritualist,
我告诉过您 有时间我会顺道来吃黑香肠的
and I thought I’d warn you I’ll be dropping by for black pudding.
没错 卡特莱奇一家要在家里举办通灵会
Oh, yes, the Catledges are holding seances up at their place.
他们显然是遇上了什么灵媒
They’ve apparently met some gifted medium.
整个蓝色海岸都在传言
It’s the talk of the Cote d’Azur.
法国尼斯和土伦间的地中海海岸地带
她叫苏菲·贝壳 是个美国人
She’s a little American called Sophie Baker,
她非常厉害
and apparently she’s very sharp,
不过斯坦利一定有办法对付她
but Stanley will get the measure of her.
我等不及了
I can’t wait.
-欢迎 -欢迎
– Welcome! – Welcome…
-你们能来真是太好了 -欢迎你们
– How lovely to see you. – Bienvenue.
乔治 卡洛琳 斯坦利
George, Caroline, Stanley.
你好
How do you do?
你好 斯坦利
Oh, hello. Stanley.
我的荣幸
A great pleasure.
乔治 我真高兴
George. Charmed.
我就是为了乔治和卡洛琳来的
Of course, George and Caroline are the reason I’m here.
他们不像卡洛琳的妈妈和弟弟那样
They’re a great deal less gullible
轻易就上当受骗
than Caroline’s mother and brother,
他们希望我能够揭开那个
and had hoped that I would be able
号♥称是灵媒的骗子的真面目
to reveal the medium as a fraud.
她连霍华德·博甘都瞒了过去
When she fooled Howard Burkan,
我们意识到我们有麻烦了
we knew we were in trouble.
可当他说他和苏魏灵
But then when he said he was best friends
是好朋友的时候
with Wei Ling Soo…
我们简直高兴坏了
We’re great admirers. Who isn’t?
霍华德告诉你了吗 那女人叫苏菲·贝壳
I don’t know if Howard told you, her name is Sophie Baker.
你以前听说过她吗
Have you heard of her or…
从来没有 不过
No, I have not, but these
这种低级的骗子经常会换名字
sleazy fraudsters change identity every month.
我忘记说了 她和她妈妈现在也在这里
And I omitted to mention she’s here with her mother.
这已经能说明很多问题了
Ah, now, that says a lot. Yeah.
那个女孩通灵的时候你们有盯着她妈妈吗
I hope you kept your eyes on her mother during the seance,
她有没有把灯光调暗
or did she dim the lights too low?
卡洛琳 当时你在她旁边
Caroline, you were next to her.
她抓着我弟弟的手 就让桌子升起来了
She held my brother’s hand, and she actually made the table rise.
我找过了人们常用的那些工具
Well, I looked for the usual devices, of course.
也许她抬了抬手腕 可我什么都没找到
I thought maybe, wrist lifts, but they weren’t there.
她许诺会试着和我父亲的灵魂建立联♥系♥
She’s promised to try and make contact with my father,
我父亲已经过世一年了
who died a year ago.
就像我说的 你母亲和你弟弟
As I was saying, your mother and your brother
都是这个骗局里的受害者
are the victims of a dishonest ruse,
正如你们所想
as your good sense tells you.
这世上根本没有鬼神之说
There is, of course, no spirit world,
就算以前有 现在也没了
and even if there were,
可以肯定的是
you can be sure that some
那些美籍吉普赛人不可能受上天庇佑
little American gypsy would not be the one blessed
解开其中的玄机
to unlock its secrets.
只有最低级的傻瓜才会信以为真
Only a low-grade halfwit would fall for any of this.
你不是在说她母亲和弟弟是傻瓜吧
But you’re not implying that her mother and brother are halfwits?
我还没有见过他们
Well, l haven’t met them yet.
我相信他们和大多数人一样
But I’m sure they’re like most people,
只是渴望一个不可能存在的世界
desperate for a little hope in a world that has none,
才会将一切信以为真
and willing to believe anything.
我们该怎么介绍你呢
Who shall we say you are?
就说我是斯坦利·塔普林吧
Introduce me as Stanley Taplinger.
我是你们在进出口生意上的老朋友
I’m an old friend in the import-export business.
好的 塔普林先生 请上楼去吧
Understood. Mr. Taplinger, up to the house.
走吧 霍华德
Come on, Howard.
这是什么声音
What is that dreadful noise?
我弟弟 他在为苏菲练习唱小夜曲
My brother. He practices serenading Sophie.
你的眼睛很美
Both thine eyes are cute, too
它们对我做了什么
What they do to me
让我听到内心的声音
Hear me holler
我选择了一个美好的姑娘
I choose a sweet lollapaloosa
在你身上
In thee
你的亲切 你的高尚
Thou sweet, thou grand…
霍华德
Howard.
布莱斯 真高兴又见到你了
Brice, good to see you again.
我来为你介绍我的朋友斯坦利·塔普林
Can I introduce you to my friend Stanley Taplinger,
他会在这儿住一阵子