had any other
关于我的想法
thoughts about me?
我已经告诉过你了
Well, I’ve already told you,
我对你感到惊叹
I’m in awe of you.
我不是说作为一个神秘主义者
I don’t mean as a mystic.
而是
I’m…
作为一个女人
I mean as a woman.
作为一个女人
As a woman?
奇怪的问题
What an odd question.
我从未将你看做一个女人
I’ve never technically regarded you as a woman.
你之前是个骗子 对我掀过桌子
You were a charlatan who turned the tables on me,
现在我感觉谦卑而自豪
and now I feel both humbled and proud.
你为我感到自豪
You’re proud of me?
你 不是 我为自己感到自豪
You? No, I’m proud of myself
足够成熟可以承认自己这么多年来的
for being big enough to admit that I was wrong
错误和愚蠢
and foolish all these years.
之前的我相当轻蔑而粗鲁
I’ve been rather snobbish and, uh, and rude.
对他人的信仰不屑一顾
Condescending about other people’s faith.
所以你从未将我当做女性考虑
So you never thought about me as a female?
我很确定你的性别与我的不同
Well, I was always certain you were not of my sex,
如果你是想问这个
if that’s what you’re asking.
而且看起来也挺好看
And quite good to look at.
相对来说
I mean, comparatively.
我见过一些相当不吸引人的灵媒
I’ve exposed some pretty unattractive mediums,
有几个长相相当吓人
a number of horrible-looking creatures.
你意识到了吗 我在认真地考虑
You do understand, I’m seriously considering
要嫁给布莱斯·卡特莱奇
marrying Brice Catledge?
如果你不嫁那才是疯了
Well, I think you’d be insane not to.
你完全不觉得
You don’t see it as
我有点轻率
a little hasty of me?
你可以预见未来
Well, it’s you who can foretell the future,
我相信你的感应一定很乐观
and I’m sure your vibrations are very positive.
而且以常理来看 这个男人
And common sense would say that this man
是个极好的对象
is a tremendous catch for you.
以你卑微的经历 远超你的奢望
Far beyond what you could hope, given your trivial resume.
当然 现在你的名望渐涨
And of course, now that you’re emerging as a…
你确实可以保证收入不菲
As a phenomenon, you’ll always be able to do quite well,
但跟卡特莱奇家的财富比起来不足以道
financially, although nothing like the Catledge fortune.
你的大部分时间会花在
And most of your time will be spent with your…
你的基金会上 他也会是个好帮手
Your foundation, where he’ll be a great help.
所以我们共度的时光
So the time that we’ve spent together,
对你来说
has just had
毫无影响
no impact on you
毫无意义
whatsoever?
等等
I say, don’t…
你不是对我有了感情吧
You don’t tell me you’re experiencing romantic feelings for me?
如果是呢
What if I was?
那太荒谬了
Well, that’s absurd.
你想象你和我
You imagined that you and I…
你已经让我见识到人生的美好 还不够吗
Isn’t it enough you’ve opened my eyes to the joy of living?
你已经征服了我的头脑
I mean, you’ve conquered my mind.
还有必要征服我的心吗
Do you, do you also need to conquer my heart?
我只是在想 我们共度的时光
I just thought, in the time that we had spent together
你
that you…
不要误会
Don’t misunderstand me.
在我心中你的地位绝对崇高
I hold you in the highest possible esteem,
明天 我也将如此告知世界
and tomorrow, I am prepared to tell the world as much.
抱歉
Excuse me.
你在这儿 斯坦利
Ah, there you are, Stanley.
不知道你怎么样 我是起舞至天明
I don’t know about you, but I danced till dawn.
你能想象那个小灵媒居然喜欢上了我吗
Can you believe the little medium has grown fond of me?
为什么不 根据报纸的消息
Well, why shouldn’t she? According to the newspapers,
你是她最大的媒体介绍人
you’re her greatest press agent.
不 我是说 她对我动了情
No, no, I mean… I mean, she’s emotionally taken with me.
我想她觉得自己爱上了我
I believe she fancies herself falling in love with me.
但你们俩都已经有所属了
But you’re both spoken for.
我知道 这违背了一切常理
I know. It defies all reason.
她眼看就要抓住一个钻石王老五
She’s on the verge of capturing a rich young man,
虽然有点笨
dullard that he is.
而奥利维亚和我 以她的感应来说
And Olivia and I are, by her own vibrations,
是势不两立的
the acme of congruity.
似乎你也对此考虑了一番
Well, it seems you’ve given the matter some thought.
我大吃了一惊
I was rather taken aback.
她今晚确实美得令人震惊
She is looking rather stunning this evening.
确实
Yes, to be sure.
她的入场
She did make a rather
惊为天人
surprising entrance.
走吧 我得开车回普罗旺斯
Come, I’ve got to drive back to Provence,
你过几个小时就要见记者了
and you have some journalists to see in a few hours.
你最初是怎么发现贝克小姐的
How did you first discover Miss Baker?
我是为了揭穿她而来 就像我无数次做过的
I came to unmask her, as I have done countless others,
但尝试过所有可能的方法后
but after trying every which way,
我得出的结论是
came to the indisputable conclusion
她是货真价实的灵媒
that she is a genuine medium.
您怎么能确定她是货真价实的
How can you be so certain she’s authentic?
我知道所有的把戏
I know all the tricks.
魔术是我一生的追求
Conjuring is my life’s passion.
戳穿假灵媒是我的特长
Debunking fake mediums, my specialty.
她未来的计划是什么
What are her plans for the future?
她计划建立一个基金会
She plans to start a foundation
开设学校教授神秘学
and a school for teaching the occult.
这么多年一直排斥神秘学
How does it feel to be wrong
发现自己错了是什么感觉
all these years about the occult?
一方面 我感到很窘迫
Well, on the one side, I’m embarrassed,
但也感到激动 终于可以深吸一口气
but also thrilled to finally be able to take a deep breath
看到人生新的可能
and see new possibilities in life.
所以可以这么说
So, it is fair to say that you feel
你发现世界不是像你一直以来坚信的那样
the world is not as rational and predictable
有时甚至为此冒犯众人
as you’ve always so adamantly,
理智而可预见
and sometimes insultingly, claimed?
我活该被你批评
I deserve your criticism, I know.
我一直是坚信科学的理智之士
I’ve always been a rational man with a great faith in science.
我能说什么
What can I say?
我只能说 看起来
But it would appear that perhaps,
只相信人类自身
to say I believe in the dignity of man
是不够的
is simply not enough.
还是孩子时
Even as a baby, it was clear
她就显现出了自己的特别之处
from the very beginning that she was a special child.
世界范围的基金会
It’s gonna be a world-class foundation.
来自世界各地的学生
Yes, there’ll be students from all over the world.
你一定要去见见她
You have to see her.
他们是我非常好的朋友
They are very close friends of mine.
我立刻就来了 但她把我难住了
I came at once, but she stumped me,
所以我让苏魏灵先生以假名拜访
so l brought in Mr. Wei Ling Soo under an alias
意图揭穿她
to unmask her.
结果如你们所见
Now you see the result.
现在他成了她最大的粉丝
And damned if he isn’t her biggest fan.
你在这 抱歉
There you are. Excuse me.
我有一些令人心痛的消息
I have some seriously distressing news. What?
你的姑姑出了一起严重的事故
Your aunt’s been in a serious automobile accident.
发生什么了 她还好吗
What happened? Is she all right?
她现在在医院 情况危急
She’s in critical condition at the hospital.
-我得赶过去 -当然 我开车送你
– I need to get there. – Yes, of course, I’ll drive you.
要我跟你一起去吗 我认得路
Do you want me to come with you? I know the way…
雅克
Jacques.
你好 乔治
Bonjour, George.
这是斯坦利
This is Stanley.
你好吗
Yes, how do you do?
她怎么样 发生什么了
So, how’s she doing? What’s happening?
什么
What was…
请用英语