It’s really no problem. She loves to cook, don’t you?
真的不麻烦 她喜欢做饭 是吧
Let me take your hat and coat. Thank you.
我帮你拿大衣和帽子吧 谢谢
Come through, have a drink.
进去吧 咱们喝一杯
I’ll run you back when we’re finished.
吃完饭我送你回去
Thank you. It was delicious.
谢谢 很美味
Lovely. Thank you.
谢谢你 亲爱的
Can you bring some brandy glasses back in with you?
回来时倒两杯白兰地
Absolutely. Lisa? Do you mind if I call you Lisa?
当然 丽莎 我能叫你丽莎吗
You must have quite a head on your shoulders.
你头脑一定很聪明
Peter tells me that you read history at Cambridge?
我听彼得说你在剑桥念的历史专业
Yes, I did. Do you mind if I ask
是的 我想问问
what do you think of our little problem over at the factory?
你对我们工厂这事 有什么想法
Do you think maybe he’s a bit too much velvet glove?
你会不会认为他太温和
Not enough iron fist? Oh, not at all, no.
不够强硬? 不 完全不
No, quite the opposite actually. Look at Vauxhall.
恰好相反 拿沃克斯霍尔[汽车商]说吧
They don’t have any problems with the unions
他们和工会就没有矛盾
that seems to me because General Motors has
因为通用公♥司♥的管理层
a more collaborative approach to management.
更团结工会
Whereas at Ford, you…
相比之下 福特公♥司♥
Well, you only deal with the unions because you have to.
你们是迫于压力 才和工会打交道
You tolerate them. And as a result, they’re more entrenched
你们对工会很不耐烦 所以他们有戒心
and they’re aggressive in their dealings with you.
工人运动才会这么激烈
Well, ha-ha, that’s a very
你的观点
progressive point of view.
很激进
Don’t you think?
你不觉得吗
Cheese. What?
奶酪 什么
We have some Stilton. Why don’t you get that out?
还有些斯第尔顿奶酪 拿点来吧
Right. Some grapes.
好的 还有葡萄
Yes, good idea. That’ll be terrific, thank you.
好的 好主意 太棒了 谢谢
Come on, girls. There’s a cauliflower or cabbage for everyone.
姑娘们 每个人一个花菜或卷心菜
Cauliflower again? Haven’t got anything else?
又是花菜 就没有别的吗
Blimey, he must love you.
天哪 他一定爱上你了
I’ve never had real pineapple.
我从来没见过真正的菠萝
Let her know it’s yours. Go on, Mum.
告诉她这是你买♥♥的菠萝 继续继续
Sandra, here’s your strike pay. Thanks.
桑德拉 罢♥工♥补贴 谢谢
Three quid? Yeah, I know it’s not much.
才三英镑 是的 我知道钱不多
It’s all the union can afford, I’m afraid.
工会只能付这么多
Better than nothing.
总比没有好吧
I’ll take it back if you don’t want it. No.
不想要就给我哦 不 我要
Oh, all right then.
好的
Sandra, cauliflower or cabbage?
桑德拉 你要花菜还是卷心菜
I’m fine, thanks. Come on, take one.
我不用了 谢谢 来吧 选一个
No, I’m all right.
我真的不要
I’ve gotta go, actually.
我得走了
So I’ll see you all later. See you.
大家再见 再见
See you later.
再见
This one’s for Connie, you seen her? I haven’t.
这个给康妮 你见到她了吗 没
I’ll give it to her. Monica?
我拿给她吧 莫妮卡
Oh, is that Connie’s? I’ll take it.
这是康妮的吗 我拿给她吧
No, Rita, it ain’t all your responsibility.
丽塔你不用这么揽活
Yeah, I know. I wanna see her anyway.
我知道 反正我想见见她
Is that real pineapple? You bet.
这个是真的菠萝吗 是的
Can I have some? Go on, help yourself.
我能吃一点吗 随便拿
See you. See you.
再见 再见
Bye. Later, Rita.
再见 再见 丽塔
Come on, girls, get stuck in.
来吧 姐♥妹♥们♥ 吃菠萝了
There you go. My God.
来吧 我的天哪
So sweet. Yeah, it’s just like him.
真甜 就和他一样
Connie? Connie, are you there?
康妮 康妮你在家吗
Got you a present.
给你带了礼物来
It’s from Brenda’s fella.
布兰达的男朋友送的
Makes a change from potatoes, eh?
总吃土豆 换换口味吧
Albert’s been in touch. There’s a meeting down the union.
艾伯特来信了 和工会有个会
Sounds important. Thinks we should both be there.
好像很重要 他觉得我们俩应该参加
No, I don’t think so.
我不这样想
What are you talking about?
说什么呢
Connie?
康妮
George is ill, Rita. You know that.
乔治生病了 丽塔 你知道的
He’s touched.
他也被卷进去了
The strike’s just whipping everything up.
罢♥工♥潮席卷了一切
I’ve gotta put him first.
我要以他为重
Look, Connie, I know it’s hard…
听着 康妮 我知道这很难
No, you don’t.
不 你不知道
I’m not his wife anymore.
我已经不是她老婆了
I’m more like his sister or his…
我现在是他姐姐 甚至是…
But I’m his.
但我是属于他的
That’s all he’s got left.
他只能靠我了
Connie, I ain’t saying you gotta give up on him.
康妮 我没叫你放弃他
You’ve got a life too, you know.
你也有自己的生活
You gotta live it.
你得过你的生活
Or the war’s gonna end up destroying two people.
不然你们俩都会被这场战争摧毁
George. George. Shh, shh.
乔治 乔治
It’s all right, it’s all right, I’m here, I’m here, I’m here.
没事的 我在这儿
It doesn’t matter. I’ll change it, come on.
没事 我会换床单 起来吧
Oh come on. What the hell do you care?
来吧 你干嘛管我呢
I know what you’re up to. You’re gonna put me away!
我知道你想干什么 你想离开我
George. Stop it. Stop. Stop. Stop.
乔治 别这样 别这样
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
Monty, this is Mr. Tooley,
蒙蒂 这位是图利先生
He’s from… Good afternoon, Mr. Taylor.
他从… 下午好泰勒先生
Go break the strike, please. As soon as possible.
请尽快解散罢♥工♥
I’m not sure you appreciate whose side I’m on.
你不知道我是哪一方的吧
Oh, yes, I do. I’ve been going through your file here.
我知道 我看了你的资料
File?
资料?
You seem to be on your side, Mr. Taylor.
你是只顾自己啊 泰勒先生
I beg your pardon? I don’t have to listen to this.
你说什么 我没必要听你扯淡
Yeah, that’s it, keep walking
是呀 有种你走啊
and in six months’ time, your union won’t exist.
再过六个月 你的工会就不存在了
Industry cannot afford to
你要男女工薪平等
pay women the same rates as men, gentlemen.
我们可承担不起 先生们
That is a fact. If it is forced to,
这是事实 如果非要这样做
it will collapse, under the weight of the extra wages.
汽车业就会因为额外开支而垮台
Its workers will get laid off.
工人就会失业
Their union subscriptions will disappear
失业了就没钱捐给工会
and so will the unions which collect them.
工会筹不到钱就会解散
That means you, Monty.
那样的话 你蒙蒂
You would no longer have
就没有任何理由
any reason to visit these gentlemen via the…
在 什么名 博尼酒店是吧
What is it? Berni Inn, is it?
还有女王头像 首相乡间别♥墅♥
The Queen’s Head? The Chequers? Wow, that’s a lot of restaurants.
这样高级的酒店和他们会面了
Not to mention the all-expenses-paid trips to the party conferences
更别想公费去巴黎
to the union conferences. In Paris, no less.
参加什么党派会议 工会会议了
The Gallic rank and file. Good on you, Monty.
咱在法国有分会吗 蒙蒂你还真牛
These women get what they want and you’re fucked.
女工要如愿 你就完了
I’d start thinking less about what your union can do for you
你就少揩点工会的油
and a little more about what you can do for your union.
多帮工会干点事吧
Go break the strike.
去解散罢♥工♥
Please.
拜托了
Personnel files, gentlemen.
个人资料 先生们
Everyone’s got a weakness, you just have to find it.
每个人都有弱点 你只需要找到它
Hello?
喂
Yeah, hello, yes. Yeah, it is.
喂 好的 是的
It’s all right. I got your note. Thank you.
好的 我收到了你的通知 谢谢
Sorry, I was busy when you came round.
对不起 你来的时候我正忙着
What?
什么
Really?
真的吗
Hello, Gordon. You all right?
高登 你好吗
Yeah, I’m all right. You all right? Yeah, I’m all right.
我还行 你好吗 还可以
Yeah? Course you are. Well, you don’t have to work, do you?
当然了 你又不用工作