It’s all right, I’ll plate your tea up in the morning
没事 早上我会把茶倒好
and then if I’m back late, you can just heat it through.
要是我回来晚了 你就热一下
Apparently, you go to a Berni Inn on the way there.
我知道你途中会去伯尼餐馆
That’s snazzy? Yeah.
我老婆还真前卫 是啊
It’ll be all right, won’t it?
会顺利的吧
Yeah, of course.
当然
We don’t have to do anything. The men will do all the talking.
我们不用开口 男人们会说的
No, I mean, it’s not too posh in there, is it?
我是说 这地方是不是很高级
I’m wearing the right stuff? No, you’ll be fine.
我穿着得体吗 不错的
I’m so glad you’re here.
很高兴你能来
After you, ladies. Gentlemen.
女士们优先 先生们好
Thank you.
谢谢
Here you are, sir. Lovely.
给 先生 真好
Do you ever worry about your waist?
不会吃胖吗
You’re joking.
你开玩笑吧
That steak. Bearnaise sauce.
看那牛排 还有蛋黄酱
It’s Monty. He always insists on coming here.
蒙蒂总坚持来这儿
As long as the union’s paying.
只要工会买♥♥单
Rita. Yeah.
丽塔 在
Word of advice.
给你些建议
When we get there, don’t let them lure you in.
到了那 别被他们诱惑
If they seem to be asking you a question,
如果他们问你问题
keep your head down. I’ll handle it.
把头低下 我来回答
Above all, if I nod, you nod. Got that?
总之 我点头 你就点头 明白?
Right.
明白
That nice, was it? It’s lovely, thank you.
这儿不错是吗 很不错 谢谢
I couldn’t eat another thing.
我都撑得不行了
Mr. Dawson. I’m sorry, we weren’t expecting you until…
道森先生 抱歉 这么早来吗
It’s quite all right. It’s no problem.
没事 没关系的
Oh, and there’s four of us. You might need an extra chair.
对了 我们四个人 要加个椅子
Right.
好的
Two teas.
两杯茶
On a previous occasion,
之前的情况是
in a free vote, the girls agreed to the new grading structure.
女工已经投票同意新的分类制度
They did not agree,
可她们不同意的是
however, as to where they would end up on it.
把她们定为无技术工
Which is why we’re sitting round this table.
所以我们才在这谈
Look, I understand what the girls are saying. I just don’t…
我明白女工的意思 我只是不…
I’d rather you didn’t speak for the girls, Mr. Hopkins.
最好别代表她们 霍金斯先生
None of us here knows what’s in their heads.
我们没人明白她们的意思
The fact remains there’s a formal grievance procedure in place
事实上 是有正式申诉程序的
and the machinists’ case will be heard.
机械工的不满会得到处理
What we can’t do is let them jump the queue.
但我们不允许插队
Peter, look,
彼得 听着
You know me. I ain’t got no ax to grind with Ford.
你懂我的 我对福特很忠心
Am I right or am I right? You’ve always been fair.
没错吧 你一向很公正
Exactly. Ah, we’re all men of the world.
没错 我们都饱经世故
Let’s cut to the chase, shall we?
就直入主题吧
We’ll reconvene in two weeks’ time.
两周后我们再谈
Monty. Listen.
蒙蒂 听好了
We’ll reconvene, we’ll come back down here again for the day
到时我们回来再谈
and then at that point you can guarantee
那时你要保证
to look into the girls’ complaint.
好好处理女工的投诉
The thing is, Monty… That way
现在的问题是 蒙蒂 那样的话
you can go back to your bosses and say that the strike’s off
你就可以去告诉老板 罢♥工♥取消了
because of how you’ve handled today’s negotiations.
因为我们今天谈判成功
We can go back to the girls
我们也可以回去告诉女工
and say they’re now your number-one priority
几个星期后
in a few weeks’ time.
你们会优先处理这事
That seems very fair.
公平合理
I’m not so sure the girls’ll be too happy.
我觉得她们不会同意
The girls will be fine.
她们没问题
As long as they know they’re
只要她们知道
not being fobbed off by the management.
管理层没有忽视她们
The union’s setting the terms. That’s what’s important.
工会表态 这才是重要的
Bollocks. What?
胡扯 什么
I’m sorry, Albert, but it is.
对不起 艾伯特 但就是胡扯
Three hours we’ve been sat here.
我们坐这儿3小时了
“That’s what matters to the girls”?
你”为了女工好”吗
How you qualify to talk about that, I do not know.
你没资格说这话
Here. Have a look at this.
看下这个
There.

You put them together. Go on.
你把它们拼起来吧
It’s Ford property, I believe. Oh, stop it.
这是工厂的料子吧 闭嘴
We have to take these different
我们要把各类布料
pieces and work out how they go together.
想办法缝成一块
Because there ain’t no template, is there?
因为没有模板
We have to take them and sew
我们只好徒手作业
them all freehand into the finished article.
一针一线缝出成品
The same with the door trim and God knows what else.
就像制♥作♥车门饰板一样
That is not unskilled work, which is how you’ve regraded us.
这是技术活 你们却说没技术含量
Christ, you need to take an exam to get on our line.
我们进厂还得测手工呢
Please, miss, l… No, it’s Mrs. O’Grady.
小姐 请 叫我奥格雷迪太太
Mrs. O’Grady, I understand your grievance…
奥格雷迪太太 我理解你的不满
Well, I really don’t think you do. It’s not difficult, though.
你才不理解呢 事情很简单
We’re entitled to semi-skilled and the wages what go with it.
你们硬说我们技巧差 压低工资
Why do you bring this to the meeting…
你为什么要说这个
Hang on. I haven’t finished.
慢 我还没说完
And as regards to this queue-jumping business, well,
说到我们插队投诉
we put this complaint in months ago, didn’t we?
我们几个月前就投诉了吧
It’s just you’ve done nothing about it.
是你们坐视不管
And we all know why.
我们都知道原因
That’s because women have never been on strike before, isn’t it?
因为女工从未罢♥工♥ 对吧
You just thought you could forget it and we’d all go away.
你们觉得搁一阵 我们就会放弃
Well, I’m sorry, but it isn’t gonna be that easy
不好意思 没那么容易
because we’re not going anywhere.
我们绝不放弃
We’re gonna do what we said we would.
我们说到做到
No more overtime and an immediate 24-hour stoppage.
停止加班 立即停工24小时
And where it goes from there, well, it’s up to you.
接下来干什么 就看你们了
If you’ll excuse me,
话已至此
I’ve really got to be going. Thank you very much.
我告辞了 非常感谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Good afternoon, gentlemen. Thank you.
午安 先生们 谢谢
You think I like looking stupid?
你当我傻吗
I didn’t know what she was gonna do.
我不知道她会这么做
You didn’t know they were in her handbag, pull them out?
你不知道她准备了布料吗
Look at his face. Oh, don’t worry, you were great.
看那德行 别担心 你棒极了
Thank you very much, Albert. Thank you very much.
我谢谢你全家 艾伯特
I knew, I knew. It’s up here, you see.
我就知道 真聪明 看到了吧
I wanted clever, Rita, that’s why I picked you.
我选聪明人 丽塔 所以我选了你
Oh, stop it. When you pulled out these cuttings,
别说了 你拿出碎布的时候
oh, that was amazing.
真是棒极了
It was. I never expected that, that you’d come prepared.
真的 我没料到你有准备
Oh, no, he was right. I was nicking them.
不 他说对了 确实是我偷来的
Yeah, Eddie uses them to
我们去露营的时候
patch the tent up for when we go camping.
埃迪用它补帐篷
All the same. Listen, don’t worry about Monty,
都一样啦 听着 别担心蒙蒂
I’ll handle him. Don’t worry.
我来对付他 别担心
Can I have them back? Oh, yeah.
能还给我吗 当然
Cheers.
谢谢
What are you gonna say to them?
你准备怎么跟她们说
You tell them. You what?
你说吧 什么
This is your bloody fault.
这可是你造成的
All right. Hold that.
好吧 拿着
Right.
好吧
Everybody out.
大家罢♥工♥ 走
I could do with a cup of tea.
我要喝杯茶
I could do with something a lot stronger than that.
我可得来杯酒
Now, I realize this is my first day in the job
我意识到这是我上岗的第一天
and it may be that I am missing something here,
我可能记得不太准

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!