I’m going to have to take it.
我确实得冒险了
And from Whitehall we’re
我们在政♥府♥大厅向您直播
getting news that talks between Mrs. Castle
卡索夫人与福特罢♥工♥女工的谈话
and the striking Ford machinists are nearing a conclusion.
已接近尾声
And a statement is expected in the next few minutes.
政♥府♥将在几分钟后发表一份申明
Intense interest here…
这里充满了紧张的气氛
Really nervous, huh?
好紧张啊
Just a moment please, minister. Yes, of course.
请稍等 部长夫人 好的
That’s Biba, isn’t it? I saw that in a magazine.
衣服是芘芭的对吗 我在杂♥志♥上看到过
Yeah. I have to give it back at the end of the day.
是的 今晚得还回去
Is that C&A? Yes.
你穿的是C&A[平价品牌]吗 对
Why pay more? That’s what I say. Well, exactly.
干嘛在衣服上多花钱 没错
I’ve got the same one at home. Have you really?
我家里有件一样的 真的吗
They’re ready for you now, minister.
部长夫人 可以开始了
Girls?
姑娘们
Rita? Rita?
丽塔 丽塔
Ladies. No, after you.
女士们 不 您先请
Oh, no, no. After you.
不 你们先请
Oh, gosh.
天啊
Come on, then. Thank you.
来吧 谢谢您
Rita, is it a positive result?
丽塔 是好消息吗
Now, ladies, can I help?
好了 姑娘们 要我帮忙吗
Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you very much.
先生们 非常感谢
I am delighted to announce
我很高兴地宣布
that following our talks this afternoon,
经过我们下午的讨论
the 187 Ford machinists
福特工厂的一百八十七名女工
will be going back to work on the first of July.
将在七月一日复工
They will receive an immediate pay rise of 7 pence an hour.
她们的时薪将涨到7便士
Which will put them at 92 percent of the male rate.
等于男工时薪的百分之九十二
However… However, this is not all.
然而…然而 这还不是全部
As a result of our discussion,
经过讨论 我宣布
I can confirm that the government is in
政♥府♥一定会支持女权
full support of the creation of an Equal Pay Act.
制定同工同酬法案
And by the autumn of this year,
我保证 今年秋季
I guarantee appropriate legislation
就将提请国会立法
to ensure that that act becomes law. Thank you.
将该制度合法化 谢谢
More support from the back there.
那边还有支持者呢
Hello. You’re welcome.
你好 不用谢我
To celebrate, they let us have the canteen, and we had a party.
工厂借出食堂 让我们开派对庆祝
I don’t remember much of that. No, I remember you didn’t, no.
我记不清了 我记得你那时不在
And I thought to myself, there is some of the old spirit
一些悠久的精神品质
that gave us the success of the suffragettes.
造就了女权运动者的成功
We are on strike. All of you?
我们参加了罢♥工♥ 你们全部吗
All of us. All us machinists, anyway.
对 机械女工都参加了
So no car seat covers for Fords?
没人为福特缝车座了吗
No, not from us, anyway.
对 反正我们不缝
You’re still staying out? Yeah.
还在罢♥工♥吗 对
You’re not going back at all? No.
你们绝不回去吗 对
Nobody expected us to come out on strike. Nobody.
没人料到我们会罢♥工♥
What we’re fighting for, we’ll stay there until we get it.
我们不达目的誓不罢休
Women don’t make a habit of coming out on strike for nothing.
女工罢♥工♥绝不妥协
Well, we didn’t think we were that strong.
我们没觉得自已有那么强大
We didn’t think we would bring Fords to a standstill.
也没想到能让福特停产
It was all down to us. Us ladies.
不过天降大任呗 就靠我们啦
And we are ladies, whatever anybody else may say.
可我们是淑女哦 不是泼妇
We are ladies.
我们是淑女
Everybody out!
大家罢♥工♥ 走