We pump millions of pounds into the U.K. economy.
为英国经济注入千百万镑的资金
I think it’s time my bosses
我觉得也该让我老板
reminded one or two people of that fact.
提醒提醒某些人了
Have you or have you not invited the Ford women to your offices?
你有没有邀请福特的女工去你的办公室
Prime Minister… – I’ve just spent
首相 -我刚刚跟小福特先生
the last half-hour on the phone to Henry Ford II, reassuring him
通了整整半小时电♥话♥ 向他保证
that my government isn’t on the side of the strikers.
我们政♥府♥没有偏袒罢♥工♥者
It isn’t the question of taking sides.
这不是偏袒谁的问题
We have to grasp the nettle. Now is not the time.
我们要迎难而上 不是现在
Ten years ago, you were adamant.
十年前你可坚持维护工人利益
I wasn’t running the country then.
那时我还没治理国家
See the women if that’s what you want to do.
那些女工 你想见就去见吧
But whatever you do, do not upset Ford.
但别惹恼福特
I’ve got enough trouble with the Americans as it is.
我跟美♥国♥佬♥的麻烦够多了
It’s all right. It’s your missus I’m after. Is she in?
没事 我在等你夫人 她在吗
Rita? What are you doing here?
丽塔 你来这儿做什么
Rita?
丽塔
I need a favor.
找你帮个忙
Come in. Thanks.
请进 谢谢
Lisa? What?
丽莎 怎么了
Come inside.
进来吧
Everything all right? Want a cup of tea?
一切都好吗 要喝杯茶吗
Yeah.
好
Rita. Smile, please.
丽塔 请笑一笑
Over here, ladies.
朝这儿看 女士们
Excuse me, gotta get through.
抱歉 借过
Do you think the strike will go on? How long?
你觉得罢♥工♥会继续吗 会持续多久
Rita. Wait for me.
丽塔 等等我
Hey, Connie. Sorry I’m late.
康妮 抱歉我来晚了
You made it.
你来了
What if Mrs. Castle says “No deal”? How will you cope?
如果卡索女士说”没门” 你怎么应对
Cope? How will we cope?
我们怎么应对
We’re women. Now, don’t ask such stupid questions.
我们都是女人 别问这种傻问题了
Ladies, ladies. Come up. This way, please.
女士们 上来吧 请往这边走
Come on, this is it. All right. See you later.
来吧 好的 待会见
Stay back, please, gentlemen.
先生们 请后退
Follow me.
跟我来
Mr. Tooley. Madam Secretary.
图利先生 部长夫人
I wasn’t expecting you.
我没料到你会来
But you are meeting with the women.
但你要和女工们见面
I think it is time I heard their argument, yes.
对 我想也该听听她们的观点了
But if you would care to wait,
但如果你愿意等
I will inform you of any decisions we make.
我会把讨论结果都告诉你
I think we both want the same thing, Mrs. Castle, you and I.
我想我们的想法是一致的 卡索夫人
I think we wanna see Ford Motors employing British workers.
我们都想让福特雇佣英国工人
Ford is a vital part of our economy.
福特对我们的经济至关重要
I am well aware of that.
这点我很清楚
Then don’t make us build our cars elsewhere.
那就别逼我们到别处去生产汽车
Help us hold the line here.
帮我们把这儿恢复原状
Support our efforts to combat these constant strikes
支援我们去打败那些
which undermine our ability to build cars at a profit,
暗中破坏我们汽车生产业的罢♥工♥者
which is why we’re in business in the first place.
那样我们才能坐守业内头把交椅
Otherwise, we will take our factories elsewhere.
否则 我们会把工厂搬到别处去
Are you threatening me, Mr. Tooley?
你是在威胁我吗 图利先生
I’m trying to stop 40,000
我是在试图让四万老百姓
people from losing their jobs, Mrs. Castle.
免遭失业 卡索夫人
That’s how many workers Ford employs.
光福特工厂雇佣的工人就有那么多
Not to mention
更别提要殃及
tens of thousands of peripheral jobs sacrificed.
那成千上万的周边产业工人了
Now, I don’t think that
我想我俩谁都不想
either one of us wants to take that risk, surely.
冒这个险吧
Look, look. Eileen and Monica.
看呢 是艾琳和莫妮卡
I wonder if they can see us.
不知道她们看不看得见我们
Get me the prime minister.
帮我接通首相
Yes. Put me through to Number 10.
你好 请接首相府
Yes. Yes. Fine. Thank you.
好 谢谢
I’m afraid he’s on a plane. Won’t land until this evening.
他在飞机上 晚上才落地
Thanks for coming.
谢谢你能来
Connie, I’m so sorry. No, don’t.
康妮 对不起 别
It’s me who needs to apologize. Don’t be silly, cause you don’t.
该道歉的是我 别傻了
The Minister will see you now.
部长请你们进去
Here we go.
走吧
You all right?
你还好吗
Ready?
准备好了吗
Good afternoon. Good afternoon.
下午好 下午好
Mrs. O’Grady, I recognize you from the news.
奥格雷迪夫人 我在新闻里见过你
Rita, please. Rita.
请叫我丽塔 丽塔
Very pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到您
Well, and me, you.
我也很高兴能见到你们
Sorry. This is Connie. Connie.
抱歉 这是康妮 康妮你好
How do you do? Brenda.
您好 布兰达
How do you do?
您好
Sandra.
桑德拉
Well, I’m delighted you could all come. Please, take a seat.
我很高兴你们都能来 请坐
Would you care for a sherry?
来杯雪梨酒怎么样
Be lovely, thank you.
好的 谢谢您
Thank you.
谢谢
You haven’t got any whiskey, have you?
有威士忌吗
Here’s a woman after my own heart.
你是我的知音啊
Make that two.
来两杯威士忌
Thank you.
谢谢
Well, cheers.
来 干杯
Cheers. Cheers.
干杯 干杯
Now, I’ve been following your dispute very closely
我一直在密切关心你们的辩论
and I want to say how proud I am of the battle that you fought.
我想说 我为你们的抗争感到骄傲
I fully support the struggle for equal pay
同工同酬的想法我举双手赞成
and you will have it.
而且你们会成功的
But in time. What?
但就目前而言 怎么了
Industry’ll object,
汽车业还不同意
the lords will kick up a fuss,
上议院会掀起风然大♥波♥
the press will have a field day.
媒体也会忙得不可开交
It’s not going to be easy.
这日子可不好过啊
Well, what is what’s worth fighting for?
那现在应该怎么办呢
Return to work. Go back to your machines
回去工作
and you have my word I will push forward with your fight.
我保证将协同你们一起战斗
No. Mrs. O’Grady…
不行 奥格雷迪夫人
No, we need something solid. Something now.
不 我们现在就需要一些实质性答复
You’ve got the authority.
你掌控着权力
You know, we thought seeing you, we’d…
我们以为见到你就能…
In politics, you sometimes have to play the long game…
政♥治♥是要细水长流的
We ain’t politicians, we’re working women.
我们不是政客 我们是女工
And so are you.
您也是
Very well.
好极了
What would it take to get you back?
你们怎么样才肯复工呢
Excuse me?
什么
The “Something solid.”
你所谓的”一些实质性答复”
And mark well, I say something, not everything.
另外听好了 我说的是一些 不是全部
Well, we’d need…
我们要求
We’d need a guarantee that we’re gonna get equal pay.
我们要求保证同工同酬
And in the meantime,
而且
we need to move much closer to the male rate.
我们要缩短跟男工收入的差距
Now. At Ford.
现在 从福特公♥司♥开始
Seventy-five percent?
百分之七十五吗
Ninety.
百分之九十
Ninety.
百分之九十
At least.
至少
You’re putting me in a very difficult position.
你们让我很为难
I wasn’t too aggressive, was I?
我不算太过分 是吗
No.
不算
Mr. Tooley, that risk you were talking about,
图利先生 刚才你说有风险