Which would be the actual
我相信 同志 这会为我们争取到
final and binding position, I believe, comrade.
实际的 有最终法律效力的结果
After which, it’d be out of our hands.
这之后 一切就容易了
That’s right, Monty.
是的 蒙蒂
As I say, we’re expecting full support.
正如我所说 一旦表决 我们稳赢
We gotta get down to Eastbourne
得抢在他前面
and talk to them first before he does.
去伊斯特本出席会议
“Actual final and binding position, comrade.”
“实际的有最终法律效力的结果 同志”
Cheeky sod.
真无♥耻♥
That Monty is a sly one though, isn’t he?
蒙蒂就是只老狐狸
I can’t wait to see his face when we turn up down there.
我等不及看他见我们时的表情了
See you tomorrow. We can deal with him, Con.
明天见 我们能对付他的 康妮
We can deal with anyone. That’s right, comrade.
谁都挡不住我们 说得好 同志
No! No, George!
不 不 乔治
No!
不
Connie! Connie!
康妮 康妮
Connie.
康妮
George! Connie! Connie, let me in!
康妮 康妮快开门
It’s okay. Dear God.
好 上帝呀
May the blessing of God Almighty,
愿万能的主保佑你
the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
愿圣父 圣子 圣灵
be with you always. Amen.
永远与你同在 阿门
Amen.
阿门
I’m so sorry, Connie.
我很遗憾 康妮
No, you’re not.
你才不遗憾呢
What?
什么
You thought he was a millstone.
你一直觉得他是我的包袱
You thought he was keeping me back.
觉得他拖我后腿
Hey, Con, that’s enough.
康妮 够了
I should’ve been there.
我不该去开会
I’m all right. It’s all right.
我没事 没事的
I know.
我知道
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
This is a surprise.
怎么是你
Yes, I’m sorry. I’m sorry it’s so late.
很抱歉 我来太晚了
I nearly didn’t come at all. It’s all right.
我差点来不了呢 没关系
I…
我
Sorry, yeah. Do you want a cup of tea?
抱歉 想来杯茶吗
To be honest, I’m not feeling chatty today. I’m sorry.
说实话我今天真没心情聊天
No, it’s fine, really.
没关系
I really don’t want to keep you. It’s just, um…
我也不想打扰你 只是…
Mr. Clarke’s been asked to leave the school.
克拉克先生已经被学校辞退了
We won. They’re getting rid of him.
我们赢了 他被炒了
Right. Of course, yeah. Oh, that’s great.
对 这真是好极了
I just… That’s brilliant.
我只想说… 棒极了
Well, I wanted to tell you.
我就想告诉你这事
Well, cheers. Thanks.
真好 谢谢
Anyway, I’m sorry to bother you.
无论如何 很抱歉打扰你
Not at all, thanks.
没关系 谢谢
I’m married to Peter Hopkins.
我老公是彼得·霍金斯
Sorry, what? At the factory.
抱歉 你说什么 就是福特那高层
I had a feeling that you didn’t know.
我猜你不知道
And I didn’t know who you were. With the strike.
我那时也不知道 你就是罢♥工♥领袖
Sorry, I don’t understand.
对不起 我不明白
I’m sorry, if you’ve come here to tell me to back off,
抱歉 如果你是想劝我放弃
I wasn’t joking. I’ve had a hell of a day and…
我今天过得很糟 我没开玩笑
Oh, no. Oh, no.
不 不
Keep going. Please, keep going.
请继续 不要放弃
Do you know who I am? Who I actually am?
你知道我是谁吗 了解我吗
No.
不知道
I’m Lisa Burnett, I’m 31 years old.
我是丽莎·伯内特 三十一岁
I have a first-class honors degree
我在世界一流大学
from one of the finest universities in the world.
以一级荣誉毕业
And my husband treats me like I’m a fool.
我老公却当我是个傻瓜
And when I was studying for my degree,
在攻读学位期间
I was very, very happy.
我非常快乐
And mostly because of the work. Because I loved reading
大概是因为我专心于工作
about all these extraordinary people making history.
钟情阅读伟人们改变历史的事迹
And…
而且…
And I just wondered what it felt like.
我想知道这是怎么样的一种感觉
So let me know, will you,
所以等你成功后
when you finish doing it?
请告诉我你的感想 好吗
I don’t know.
我不知道
Don’t give up.
别放弃
Don’t let me down.
别让我失望
Rita, wait! Where are you going?
丽塔 等等 你去哪儿
Eastbourne. I left you a note.
伊斯特本 我给你留了张条
I thought you changed your mind. I gotta go.
我以为你不去了 我必须去
Rita? Look, Rita, just stop.
丽塔 快停下
What, Eddie?
干什么 埃迪
Just listen to me. Just…
听我说
We’ve gotta sort this out.
我们一定要说清楚
Eddie… No, no, no, we have, right? Just…
埃迪… 不 已经说清了不是吗
Look, I know it ain’t been good between us lately,
最近咱俩关系不是很融洽
which I ain’t about to make worse, I promise you.
我不想火上浇油
Eddie… Just listen to me.
埃迪…你听我说
Look, if I ain’t appreciated what you’ve done recently…
我不是很赞成你最近做的事
Gotta catch a bus. I really am sorry,
我要赶车啦 我很抱歉
but you ain’t been perfect either.
但你也不是十全十美
This really ain’t the time,
现在说这些真的不是时候
Eddie. Yes, it is, because it needs saying.
埃迪 就得现在说
I know you reckon I ain’t bothered about the important things.
我知道 你觉得我不关注正事
And I drift along and I’m
整天混日子
more interested in fiddling with motorbikes
捣鼓摩托车 用坐垫布料做帐篷
or making tents out of seat covers, but, you know, I try my best.
但我已经尽力了
You know? I have a go.
知道吗 我一直在克制自己
Of course, I like a drink,
我喜欢喝酒
but I ain’t out on the beer every night
但我不会每晚喝个酩酊大醉
or screwing other women or…
也没去乱搞女人
And I’ve never once raised me hand.
而且我从不打人
Ever. Or the kids.
即使孩子也没打过
Christ. What?
老天 干什么
Why you looking like that?
你为什么这样看我
Right. You’re a saint now,
你自以为是圣人了
is that what you’re telling me, Eddie?
对吗 埃迪
You’re a bleeding saint?
就因为你我平等
Because you give us an even break?
你♥他♥妈♥就成了圣人吗
What are you saying?
你说什么呢
That is as it should be. Jesus, Eddie.
本就应该如此 埃迪
What do you think this strike’s all been about?
你觉得这场罢♥工♥意义何在
Actually you’re right. You don’t go on the drink.
你说得没错 你不酗酒
Don’t gamble, you join in with the kids,
也不赌博 还陪孩子玩
you don’t knock us about. Lucky me.
你不打我们 我真幸运啊
For Christ’s sake, Eddie, that’s as it should be!
老天啊埃迪 本来就该这样
You try and understand that.
你想想 你明不明白
Rights, it’s not privileges. It’s that easy. It really bloody is.
没错 这不是特别优待 根本就不是
Didn’t think you were coming.
没想到你会来
伊斯特本市
全国工会会议
Very good, gentlemen. Can I call on Monty Taylor,
先生们 有请福特公♥司♥达格南厂工会高层
Senior Convener, Ford Dagenham?
蒙蒂·泰勒先生
Thank you, I shall try to be brief. If you would.
谢谢 我尽量长话短说 请
The great achievements of civilization
人类文明的伟大成就
depended on slow progress.
是在缓慢进步中孕育而成
Step by step.
一步步发展而来
Hence, I am here because I feel that my union, in backing
我在此发言 是因为我认为我们工会…
these lovely, brave ladies,
…坚定支持那些可爱勇敢的女士
these Boadiceas in hairnets,
支持那些带着发网女王
on their way to a fight for equal pay, no matter what.
支持她们勇敢斗争 争取平等待遇
But we have to think about the trade union struggle as a whole.
但工会斗争中 我们要以大局为重
Therefore, gentlemen, I ask you
因此 先生们 请考虑下