...我们很可能会听到一遍又一遍。
…we may well expect to hear again and again.
对你来说,回顾和回忆这些人物总是很有趣的……嘘!
It will always be interesting to you to look back and try to recall the personalities… Shh!
...你那些成名的同学。
…of your classmates who have won fame.
巴黎大学是学习之母,她的孩子来自世界各地。
The Sorbonne is the mother of learning, and her children come from all the corners of the earth.
他们来了,他们得到了滋养,然后他们回到他们的家乡,把他们所得到的东西传授给别人。
They come, they are nourished, and then they return to their homeland to impart what they have received to others.
法国不会被他们夺走的东西耗尽。
France is not depleted by what they take away.
事实上,他们所学的东西丰富了整个世界。
The whole world is, in fact, enriched by what they learn.
尤其是法国,她得到的比她给予这些非常认真的学生的更多。
And France, in particular, gains more than she gives to these very earnest students.
奖学金委员会主席康斯坦教授已经审阅了所有奖项,并将宣读成功候选人的名字。
Professor Constant, chairman of the committee on scholarship, has gone over all the awards and will read the names of the successful candidates.
我很荣幸向大家介绍康斯坦教授。
It is my pleasure to introduce Professor Constant.
被授予学位的人的名字将按功绩顺序排列。
The names of those who have been awarded degrees will be read in the order of merit.
物理硕士学位,首先是玛丽·斯克罗多夫斯卡。
For the degree of Master of Physics, first, Marie Sklodowska.
居里博士哦,。哦,你好,大卫。
Oh, Dr. Curie. Oh, hello, David.
她不是美好的吗?物理第一名。
Isn’t she wonderful? First place in physics.
你知道我们实验室里一直有这个吗?
Did you know we had that all the time in the laboratory?
是的,非常令人满意。
Yes, it’s very gratifying.
我就知道她很聪明。
Oh, I knew she was bright.
你没见过斯克罗多夫斯卡小姐吧,大卫?哦,是的,我看见她了。
You haven’t seen anything of Mademoiselle Sklodowska, have you, David? Oh, yes, I saw her.
我和她谈得很愉快。祝贺她和一切。
I had a nice talk with her. Congratulated her and everything.
她直接回家了。有些东西要收拾。
She went straight home. Had some packing to do.
包装吗?她星期二要去波兰。
Packing? Well, she’s leaving for Poland Tuesday.
哦。
Oh.
好了,再见,居里博士。很高兴见到你。
Well, goodbye, Dr. Curie. Awfully glad I ran into you.
再见,大卫。
Goodbye, David.
居里博士啊,。
Ah, Dr. Curie.
您好,教授。可爱,不是吗?
How do you do, Professor? Lovely, wasn’t it?
包装…是的,是的,是不是很可爱?
Packing… Yes, yes, wasn’t it lovely?
进来。
Come in.
进来。
Come in.
居里博士。你好!
Dr. Curie. How do you do?
嗯…我在毕业典礼上没看到你。我到处找你。
Uh… I–I missed you at the graduation exercise. I–I looked all over for you.
你在那里吗?是的。
You were there? Yes.
那么你听说吗?是的,我,嗯…我祝贺你,小姐。谢谢你!
Then you heard? Yes, I, uh… My congratulations, mademoiselle. Thank you.
你知道,我,我…从没想过我会……我是说,我甚至害怕我可能甚至不…我…哦,我……我很高兴你能去。
You know, I was, I was… Never dreamed that I would… I mean, I was even afraid that I mightn’t even… I… Oh I… I am glad you were able to go.
请坐好吗?呃,谢谢你。
Won’t you sit down? Uh, thank you.
我见到了大卫,他告诉我你周二就要去波兰了。
I met David, and, uh, he told me that you were leaving for Poland on Tuesday.
是的。我明白了。
Yes. I see.
那你还没有重新考虑吗,小姐?
Then you haven’t reconsidered, mademoiselle?
恐怕不是。当然,当然。
I’m afraid not. Of course, of course.
我希望,也许,你可以。
I hoped, perhaps, you might have.
你在收拾行李吗?
Um, you were packing?
是的。哦,是的。是的,当然。
Yes. Oh, yes. Yes, naturally.
既然你周二就要走了,我估计没时间做我想做的事了。
Well, then, uh, since you are leaving so soon on Tuesday, I presume there’d be no time for, uh, something I had in mind.
嗯…也就是说,嗯…我的父亲,他是一个医生,你知道的。
Uh… That is, uh… My father, he is a doctor, you know.
他很矮,说也奇怪,但很聪明。
He’s very short, oddly enough, but intelligent.
我妈妈也是个同性恋。
And–And my mother is quite gay.
我想你会喜欢认识他们俩的。
I think you would enjoy knowing both of them.
但当然,这是不可能的,因为你将忙着打包和做这样或那样的事情。
But of course, that would be impossible because you’ll be busy packing and doing one thing or another.
我本来想请你下来的,但我忘了。
Uh, I had meant to ask you down before, but it slipped my mind.
不过,我还是觉得让你带点巴黎乡村的东西去也不错。
Still, I thought it might be nice for you to take away with you something of the Paris countryside.
既然上次见到你时我们谈到了乡下,我想也许你愿意和我一起去那儿度周末。
And since we were speaking of the country the last time I saw you, I thought perhaps you might like to come with me to spend the weekend there.
不远,但是…不过,我明白了,这是不可能的,因为就像我之前说的,你会忙着收拾行李,为你的旅行做准备。
It’s not far, but, uh… Still, it’s impossible, I see, because as I said before, you’ll be busy packing and preparing for your journey.
是的,从表面上看,这个想法很荒谬。
Yes, the idea’s preposterous on the face of it.
这个想法一点也不荒谬。
The idea’s not preposterous at all.
我很愿意来。
I should like to come, very much.
你会吗?
You would?
是的。谢谢你!
Yes. Thank you.
好吧,然后……嗯…嗯,然后。
Well, then… Uh… Well, then.
我讨厌那个女孩。
I hate that girl.
尤金。
Eugene.
我还是讨厌那个女孩。你在波兰是做什么的?
I still hate that girl. What do you do in Poland, anyway?
把时间都花在这个愚蠢的游戏上?
Spend all your time at this stupid game?
你不必介意我丈夫。他从不对任何人♥大♥喊大叫,除非他喜欢他们。我也是这么想的。
You mustn’t mind my husband. He never shouts at anyone unless he likes them. That’s what I thought.
他一直在对我大喊大叫。
He’s been shouting at me all my life.
你为什么看起来这么沮丧,皮埃尔?
Well, what are you looking so gloomy about, Pierre?
这是你的照片。是的,对不起。
It’s your shot. Yes, excuse me.
我听说你星期二要去波兰。是的,先生。
I hear you’re going to Poland on Tuesday. Yes, monsieur.
优秀的国家,波兰。谢谢你!
Excellent country, Poland. Thank you.
当然,他从未去过那里。
Of course, he’s never been there.
不去也能知道那是个很棒的国家。
Don’t have to be there to know it’s an excellent country.
你还在等什么?打吧,打吧。
Well, what are you waiting for? Hit it, hit it.
我想这是你能做的最好的选择了。
Well, I daresay it’s the best thing you can do.
你可以在那里继续你的学业。
You can go on with your studies there.
不过,当然了,你在这里做不到。
Though, of course, not to the degree you could here.
但不管是什么,你都会做得很好。
But you’ll do well, whatever it is.
谢谢你,夫人。
Thank you, madame.
我不是在恭维你。
I’m not paying you compliments.
我只是在告诉你我从你脸上看到的。
I’m only telling you what I see in your face.
从人们的脸上就能看出来。看看我的丈夫。
It’s all there in people’s faces. Look at my husband.
一个好男人,一个好医生。
A good man, and a good doctor.
看皮埃尔。一个诗人,但是一个有头脑的诗人。
Look at Pierre. A poet, but a poet with brains.
实验室里的诗人。
A poet in a laboratory.
看着我。又胖又笨,但是个很好的老人。
Look at me. Fat and foolish, but quite a good old soul.
这是真的。我为什么要介意?
It’s true. Why should I mind?
看那边的米肖先生和夫人。
Look at Monsieur and Madame Michaud there.
还有年轻的米肖先生。
And young Master Michaud.
算了吧。
Well, let that pass.
但是,看看你的。
But then, look at yours.
固执,决定,固执。
Stubborn, determined, obstinate.
当然,还有聪明。
And of course, intelligent.
还有一件事我说不太清楚。
And then there’s something else that I can’t quite give a name to.
的,是吗?不,那是错的。
Fiery, is it? No, that’s wrong.
火焰般的。那更近一点。火焰般的。
Flame-like. That’s a little nearer. Flame-like, then.
像火焰一样的东西。
Something like a flame.
赢了?当然,我赢了。
Won? Sure, I won.
但你认为我能从中得到什么满足呢?
But what satisfaction do you suppose I get out of it?
你没注意听。
You were not paying attention.
打败那些不注意的人是没有好处的。
There’s no credit in beating anyone who doesn’t pay attention.
我试过了,爸爸。那你就是个傻瓜。
Why, I tried to, Father. Then you’re just plain stupid.
把他单独留下。
Leave him alone.
不,先生,那孩子得学会集中注意力。
No, sir. That boy’s got to learn to concentrate.
如果他不集中精神,他将一事无成。
He’ll never get anywhere if he doesn’t concentrate.
你听说过一条物理学的基本定律吗?很奇怪,它被称为居里定律。
Did you ever hear of a fundamental law of physics known, oddly enough, as Curie’s Law?
纯粹的运气。我不知道皮埃尔是怎么发现的。
Sheer luck. I don’t know how Pierre ever stumbled onto it.
一定要安静,尤金。
Do be quiet, Eugene.
槌球总是使我口渴。
Croquet always makes me thirsty.
想要喝点什么吗?谢谢你,父亲。
Want a drink? Thank you, Father.
是的,先生,槌球总是让我口渴。
Yes, sir. Croquet always makes me thirsty.
是的,先生,它能让人口渴。
Yes, sir. It stirs up the thirst in a man.
快打完槌球后再喝点柠檬水更爽了。
Nothing like a good drink of lemonade after a fast game of croquet.
你不这样认为吗,皮埃尔?
Don’t you think so, Pierre?
在那里。
There.
我想你在这里会很舒服的。
I think you’ll be comfortable here.
哦,我相信我会的。
Oh, I’m sure I will be.
这是雅克在家时的房♥间。
This was Jacques’ room when he was home.
皮埃尔的哥哥,你知道的。
Pierre’s brother, you know.
哦,他来了。
Oh, there he is.
在哪里?不,不,那是皮埃尔。
Where? Oh, no, no, that’s Pierre.
哦,不,真的吗?
Oh, no, really?
另外两个当然是医生和我。
The other two are the doctor and me, of course.
看来疯狂的群体。
Crazy-looking group.
我觉得这很迷人。
I think it’s charming.
好吧,我希望你休息得好。
Well, I hope you rest well.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
谢谢你让我度过愉快的一天。我一直很快乐。
And thank you for the lovely day. I’ve been very happy.
非常欢迎,亲爱的。
You’re very welcome, my dear.
如果你愿意推迟回波兰,我们希望你能在这里和我们住一段时间。
If you should care to postpone your return to Poland, we’d love to have you stay here with us for a time.
你真好。我很想留下来,但我已经给我父亲写了信,他在等我。
It is kind of you. I’d like very much to stay, but I’ve already written to my father and he’s expecting me.
母亲,跟斯克罗多夫斯卡小姐谈留在巴黎是没有用的。
It’s no use, Mother, to talk to Mademoiselle Sklodowska about staying on in Paris.
她似乎决心要回到波兰,显然,就她而言,科学是要被遗忘的。
It seems that she is determined to return to Poland, and apparently, as far as she is concerned, science is to be forgotten.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!