我们已经见过了。
We have already met.
居里博士很亲切。
Dr. Curie is gracious.
他同意让你在他的实验室工作。
He consented to let you work in his laboratory.
我非常感激。
I am very grateful.
嗯,当然可以。我不知道,呃…你不——你不坐下吗,小姐?
Um, of course. I had no idea that, uh… Won’t–Won’t you sit down, mademoiselle?
哦,请原谅我。
Oh, you will excuse me, please.
我担心我的孙子们要开始娱乐了。
I fear my grandchildren are about to entertain.
你要喝茶吗?
Would you care for tea?
谢谢,我刚喝了一些。哦。
Thank you, I’ve just had some. Oh.
这是咖啡。
It’s coffee.
居里博士,我非常感激能有幸在您的实验室工作。
I appreciate very deeply, Dr. Curie, the privilege of working in your laboratory.
他们打得太烂了,你不觉得吗?
They play incredibly badly, don’t you think?
非常严重,居里医生。
Very badly, Dr. Curie.
当然,我不是法官。
Of–Of course, I’m no judge.
佩罗教授是一位优秀的科学家。
Professor Perot is an excellent scientist.
早上好,居里医生。
Well, good morning, Dr. Curie.
早上好,大卫。
Good morning, David.
炉子已经拆掉了我要开始设置室温读数。
The furnace is taken down and I’m beginning to set up for room temperature readings.
我已经为你准备好了硫酸盐。
I have the sulfates all ready for you.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
还没人到吗?
Um, no one has arrived yet?
在实验室?是的。
Here at the laboratory? Yes.
没有,先生。您在等人吗?
No, sir. Are you expecting someone?
佩罗教授的一个学生将在这里做一些研究。
Well, there’s a pupil of Professor Perot’s who’s going to be doing some work here.
很短的一段时间。是的,先生。
For a short time. Yes, sir.
她的名字叫玛丽亚……嗯…这是有趣的。我应该记得,我被介绍给她两次。
Her name is Maria… Uh… That’s funny. I ought to remember it, I was introduced to her twice.
嗯…·斯卡洛多斯卡。
Um… Sklodowska.
她是一个女孩。
She’s a girl.
哦。
Oh.
我,我没及时发现。
Well, I–I didn’t find out in time.
一直在和女人斗争,大卫。
Always the continual struggle against woman, David.
当我们想把我们所有的思想都放在那些使我们远离人性的工作上时,我们总是不得不与妇女作斗争。
When we wish to give all our thoughts to some work which estranges us from humanity, we always have to struggle against woman.
是的,长官,我觉得女科学家特别没有吸引力,长官。
Yes, sir. And women scientists are particularly unattractive, I find, sir.
女人为了生活而热爱生活。
Woman loves life for the living of it.
在抽象研究的世界里,她是个危险,让人分心。
In the world of abstract research, she’s a danger, a distraction.
她是科学的天敌。
She’s the natural enemy of science.
毫无疑问,先生。
There’s no doubt of it, sir.
女性和科学是不相容的。
Women and science are incompatible.
有天才的女人很少。
Women of genius are rare.
真正的科学家不会和女人有任何关系。
No true scientist can have anything to do with women.
没有,先生。
No, sir.
总之,大卫,把她放在那边那个角落里。
Anyway, David, put her over there in that far corner.
是的,先生,如果你能,不失礼地,告诉她沉默对实验室工作有多重要。
Yes, sir. And if you can, without being rude, inform her how important silence is to laboratory work.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我真希望她不要吹口哨。
I do hope she doesn’t whistle.
大卫,你能去楼上的储藏室看看有没有磁力计吗?
Oh, uh, David, would you mind going to the storeroom upstairs and see if there’s a magnetometer?
她做实验需要一个。
She’ll need one for her experiments.
哦,是的,先生。
Oh, yes, sir.
我,嗯…非常抱歉,先生。
I, uh… I’m very sorry, sir.
嗯。
Hmm.
请原谅。你在找什么东西吗?
I beg your pardon. Are you looking for something?
是的,我在找居里博士的实验室。
Yes, I am looking for Dr. Curie’s laboratory.
你正在寻找……但是你不是…我是说,你不可能…请原谅我。
You’re looking… But you’re not… I mean, you can’t be… Excuse me, please.
哦,不,你不明白。你看,我是居里医生的助手。
Oh, no, you don’t understand. You see, I’m Dr. Curie’s assistant.
哦。那也许你能给我指路。
Oh. Oh, then perhaps you can direct me.
嗯,我当然可以,我当然可以。好。。。就这样。非常感谢。
Well, I certainly can, I certainly can. Well… Just this way. Thank you.
好吧,你觉得怎么样?
Well, now, what do you think of that?
我一开始就直接撞到你了。
I ran straight into you the first thing.
居里医生让我照顾你,确保你得到你想要的一切。
You know, Dr. Curie has asked me to look out for you, be sure that you have everything you want.
所以我就自己动手吧。
So I’ll just take everything into my own hands.
哦,我们到了。
Oh, here we are.
她来了,居里医生。一开始就撞上了她。
Here she is, Dr. Curie. Ran straight into her the first thing.
哦。
Oh.
早上好,小姐。早上好,居里博士。
Good morning, mademoiselle. Good morning, Dr. Curie.
这次我们见面的气氛没有那么混乱了。
This time we meet in rather a less confused atmosphere.
是的。嗯,应该是这样的。
Yes. Well, that’s as it should be.
22、对工作有兴趣的人应该是孤独的。
People interested in work should be alone.
你见过我的助手了吗?是的。
You have met my assistant? Yes.
我想我没听清他的名字。
I don’t think I quite caught his name.
大卫。大卫·格罗斯。
David. David Le Gros.
我相信大卫会把你妥善安置好。
Uh, I’m sure that David will see that you are properly installed.
非常感谢你,居里博士。
Thank you very much, Dr. Curie.
我对这次机会的感激之情无以言表。
I appreciate this chance more than I can say.
没关系,没关系,小姐。
Not at all, not at all, mademoiselle.
我希望你能过得舒服些。
And I do hope you’ll be quite comfortable.
这边走。
Over this way.
我们为你挑了个特别好的地方,就在这里。
We picked out an especially nice place for you right over here.
你一个人待在这个角落里。
You’re going to have this far corner all to yourself.
当然,如果我们早点知道你们要来的话,我们会为你们安排好的,但是我们马上就会处理这件事。
Of course, we would have had it fixed up for you, had we known sooner that you were coming, but we’ll take care of that right away.
你觉得这适合你吗?
How do you think this is going to suit you?
哦,太棒了。
Oh, it is excellent.
我知道你是佩罗教授的学生。是的。
I understand you’re a pupil of Professor Perot’s. Yes.
我也跟他学过。很棒,不是吗?
I’ve studied with him, too. Wonderful, isn’t he?
是的,他是。
Yes, he is.
我再给你点光。请别打扰。
Oh, I’ll give you a little more light. Please, don’t bother.
居里医生希望你舒服点。
Dr. Curie wants you to be comfortable.
对不起,居里医生。
I’m sorry, Dr. Curie.
这里有一些纸和铅笔。
Here’s some paper and pencil.
你可以把需要的东西列一个清单,我上去看看能不能给你弄一个磁力计。
You can make out a list of all the things you need and I’ll go up and see if I can get a magnetometer for you.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
我可以把外套脱了。
I can take my coat off.
你没理由要这么做。你的帽子吗?
Oh, there’s no reason why you should. Your hat?
我帮你把它们挂在碗柜里。
I’ll hang them up in the cupboard for you.
对不起,居里医生。
I’m sorry, Dr. Curie.
让我来帮你。噢,谢谢你。
Let me help you. Oh, thank you.
我的办公室就在楼上。
You know, my office is just upstairs.
如果有什么需要帮忙的,请随时来找我。
I hope you won’t hesitate to call on me if I can be of any assistance.
你很善良。
You’re very kind.
你确定一切都好吗?相当。谢谢你!
You’re sure everything’s all right? Quite. Thank you.
不客气。
Not at all.
如果你想了解我们的设备,我很乐意为你解释。
If there’s anything you’d like to know about our equipment, I’ll be glad to explain it to you.
我想给你点建议,告诉你这附近该去哪儿吃饭。
I wanted to give you some advice on where to eat around here.
有一家很不错的小餐馆…真的,先生,我觉得我们不该在这里谈。
There’s a very nice little restaurant… Really, monsieur, I don’t think we should talk here.
但我窃窃私语。我只是觉得你应该知道该去哪。
But I’m whispering. I just thought you ought to know where to go.
是的,但是……我今天就带你去。
Yes, but… I’ll take you there today.
这是最好的办法。请不要麻烦。
That’ll be the best way. Please, don’t trouble.
哦,不麻烦。一点也不麻烦。
Oh, no trouble. No trouble at all.
我会回来找你的。
I’ll come back for you.
晚上好,小姐。晚上好,居里博士。
Good evening, mademoiselle. Good evening, Dr. Curie.
真是个凄惨的夜晚,不是吗?是的,不是吗?
Miserable evening, isn’t it? Yes, isn’t it?
对了,大卫上周给你买♥♥你要的望远镜秤了吗?
Oh, uh, by the way, did David get you the telescope scale you were asking for last week?
哦,好的,非常感谢。他终于找到了。
Oh, yes, thank you very much. He finally located it.
好,好。嗯,晚上好。
Good, good. Well, good evening.
但是你没有伞,小姐。
But you have no umbrella, mademoiselle.
没有,居里医生。
No, I haven’t, Dr. Curie.
我很抱歉。我没有意识到。也许我能帮你。
I’m sorry. I didn’t realize. Perhaps I can help you.
哦,我不想麻烦你。
Oh, I don’t want to trouble you.
请允许我。一点也不麻烦。一点也不麻烦。
Allow me. No trouble at all. No trouble at all.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
你很善良。
You’re very kind.
一点也不,小姐。
Not at all, mademoiselle.
我能再问你一个同样的问题吗,居里博士?
May I ask you another question, Dr. Curie, in the same connection?
这也许是件简单的事,但它,它让我困惑。
It’s a simple matter perhaps, but it, it puzzles me.
是的,小姐?
Yes, mademoiselle?
在对称性lq和2lq中…啊哈。
In the symmetries L sub Q and 2L sub Q… Uh-huh.
...你只包括那些旋转它们是2 / Q的整数倍。
…you include only those rotations which are integral multiples of 2 pi over Q.
但是2乘以K / Q排除了单位变换,如果K不是整数。
But 2 pi times K over Q excludes the identity transformation, if K is not an integer.
是的,对于有限K,这是适用的。啊哈。
Yes, for finite K, that applies. Uh-huh.
但是在l_∞的极限下,困难就出现了。
But in the limit L sub infinity, a difficulty seems to arise.
我不明白为什么。这很简单。
I don’t see why. It’s quite straightforward.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!