它是一种非常深的红色。
It’s a very deep red.
你应该有某种,呃,一个小装饰品,对吧?
You ought to have some kind of, uh, a–a little ornament, hadn’t you?
哦,无稽之谈。
Oh, nonsense.
是的,是的,你应该去。明亮的东西。
Yes, yes, you should. Something bright.
我见过女人穿它,很好看。
I’ve seen them on women and they look nice.
现在你让我觉得不自在了。
Now you’re making me self-conscious.
不,我只是在想,真可惜,晚礼服太适合你了。
No, I was just thinking, what a pity, evening dress becomes you so.
但是你在那里。我们只是没时间,对吧?
But there you are. We just haven’t had the time, have we?
哦,看那个。我们美好的一天毁了。
Oh, look at that. Our beautiful day ruined.
我打算和孩子们在公园里度过这一天。
I was going to spend the day in the park with the children.
好了,我得走了。我今天有很多事情要做。
Well, I must be off. I have a hundred things to do today.
我答应要去学院,还要到出版社去看看论文的校样,还有其他没完没了的事情。
I promised to go to the institute, I have to look at the proofs of my paper at the publisher’s, and endless things.
我要早上从实验室出来,把一切打扫干净,重新开始工作。
I want to clean everything up and start fresh from the laboratory in the morning.
你不能迟到。你必须给自己穿衣的时间。
You mustn’t be late. You must allow yourself time to dress.
夫人,夫人,别针。
Madame, madame, the pins.
哦。
Oh.
也许,有一天,我会得到一套新西装。
Perhaps, one day, I’ll get a new dress suit.
你知道我拿到博士学位后就有了吗?
Do you know I’ve had mine since I got my doctor’s degree?
我看起来很糟糕,不是吗?
Looks bad on me, doesn’t it?
不,皮埃尔,不。你穿什么都很帅。
No, Pierre, no. You look very handsome in anything.
谢谢你,玛丽。
Thank you, Marie.
再见。再见,亲爱的。
Bye. Goodbye, darling.
佩罗六点会来接我们。
Perot is calling for us at 6:00.
我将在这里。
I’ll be here.
别忘了你的橡皮。不。
Don’t forget your rubbers. No.
或者你的雨伞。哦,哦,哦。
Or your umbrella. Oh, oh, oh.
再见。再见,皮埃尔。
Goodbye. Goodbye, Pierre.
皮埃尔……
Pierre…
先生。夫人。
Monsieur. Madame.
有什么要我给您看的吗,先生?
Is there something I can show you, monsieur?
我想给一位女士买♥♥副耳环。
Uh, I would like to buy a pair of earrings for a lady.
我们今晚要去参加一个聚会。是的,先生。
We’re going to a party tonight. Yes, monsieur.
你有什么特别的想法吗?
Did you have anything special in mind?
嗯,我见过一些女人戴着我认为非常漂亮的耳环。
Well, I have seen women wearing earrings that I thought were very pretty.
当然,我想买♥♥一件能配这位女士礼服的衣服。
Of course, I would like to get something to match the lady’s gown.
我能问一下礼服的颜色吗,先生?
And may I ask the color of the gown, monsieur?
它是深红色。
It’s dark red.
这是一件很特别的礼服。
It’s rather a special gown.
当然不是低,但是…你觉得这些怎么样,先生?
Uh, not low, of course, but… What would you think of these, monsieur?
紫水晶。它们非常可爱。
They’re amethysts. They’re very lovely.
是的,不是吗?这些是什么?
Yes, aren’t they? And, uh, what are these?
这是石榴石。真的吗?
Those are garnets. Really?
他们俩都很可爱,不是吗?我几乎不知道…这取决于女士的脸型。
They’re both very lovely, aren’t they? I hardly know… It would depend on the shape of the lady’s face.
它是椭圆形还是圆形?
Is it oval or round?
我会说她的脸是椭圆形的。
I would say that her face was oval.
是的,是的,椭圆形。
Yes, yes, oval.
她是金发还是…哦,金色,绝对。
And is she blond or… Oh, blond, definitely.
不要太金发。我是说,她不能…嗯…只是金发,她的头发是金色的。
Not too blond. I mean, she can’t… Well… Just blond, and her hair is sort of gold, you know.
黄金?是的。
Gold? Yes.
她的眼睛是灰色的,非常平静和灰色。
And her eyes are gray, very calm and gray.
她的颜色非常非常可爱。
And her coloring is very, very lovely.
皮肤光滑,色泽细腻。
Sort of smooth skin and nice, delicate coloring.
,嗯…嗯…我不知道这对你是否有帮助,但我相信这位女士很漂亮。
And, uh… Well… I don’t know whether it would be of any help to you, but I believe the lady is quite beautiful.
当心!
Look out!
它是可爱的。亲爱的,你看起来真漂亮。
It’s lovely. You look very beautiful, my dear.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
因为我的长相而受到表扬是很不寻常的。
It’s rather unusual to be praised for the way I look.
我相信,如果你愿意的话,你完全可以得到这样的赞美。
I’m sure you could have had that praise in a great measure if you had wished it.
谢谢你,父亲。
Thank you, Father.
我不明白为什么皮埃尔偏偏在今天迟到。
I don’t understand Pierre being late, today of all days.
你知道皮埃尔的。
Well, you know Pierre.
我带了些酒来。哦。
I brought in some wine. Oh.
我想在你走之前我们可以去新实验室喝一杯。
I thought we might all have a drink to that new laboratory before you go.
你想得真周到,神父。
Oh, that was thoughtful of you, Father.
那一定是佩罗教授,皮埃尔不在这里。
That must be Professor Perot, and Pierre not here.
我让他进来。
I’ll let him in.
皮埃尔?
Pierre?
居里夫人,我很遗憾地通知您您的丈夫在街上遭遇车祸。
Madame Curie, it is my painful duty to inform you that your husband has been the victim of a street accident.
他当场死亡。
He was instantly killed.
他不可能忍♥受任何痛苦。
He can have suffered no pain.
她好些了吗?
Is she any better?
只是相同的。我都没法让她跟我说话。
Just the same. I can’t get her to even speak to me.
我害怕。
I’m frightened.
她在里面吗?是的。
Is she in there? Yes.
如果我打扰了,请原谅。
Forgive me if I intrude.
我是皮埃尔的老朋友,您的老朋友和老师。
I do so as Pierre’s old friend, as your old friend and teacher.
请注意听我说的话。试着听我说。
Please try to attend to what I say. Try to hear my words.
想想皮埃尔会希望你怎么做。
Think what Pierre would wish you to do.
他希望你现在过什么样的生活。
How he would want you to live now.
我相信他会希望你继续他和你的工作。
It is my belief that he would wish you to continue his work and yours.
我的朋友,我知道实验室对皮埃尔有多重要。
My friend, I know how much the laboratory meant to Pierre.
我知道如果他知道那不是你的命他会有多难过。
I know how much it would hurt him if he knew it wasn’t to be yours.
他的梦想是有一天你能和他一起站在那里。
It was his dream that someday you and he would stand there together.
我知道当你这么多年都在一起的时候想要独自生活对你来说很难。
I know it is hard for you to think of going on by yourself when you have done everything together so many years.
但我们还是要继续工作。
But one must go on working just the same.
你必须在自己的内心找到力量来完成皮埃尔和你自己的工作。
You must find somewhere within yourself the strength to carry on Pierre’s work and your own.
嗯?
Hmm?
十年前,你经常告诉我,当你还是我班上的学生时,我说的一些话给你留下了深刻的印象。
Ten years ago, you told me so often you were impressed by something I said when you were a student in my class.
我谈到了牛顿和伽利略,我说过,可能你们中没有人能达到这么高的高度,用指尖抓住一颗星星。
I spoke of Newton and Galileo, and I said that probably none of you would ever reach so high to catch a star on your fingertips.
我错了。
I was wrong.
我真切地看到了你们攀向知识的高处,用指尖抓住一颗星星。
I have truly seen you reach into the high place of knowledge and catch a star on your fingertips.
玛丽,还有更多的星星。
Marie, there are more stars.
是的,她现在很出名了。
Yes, she was famous now.
这个脆弱、固执、热切的女人已经坚持她伟大的事业25年了。
This frail, stubborn, eager woman had carried on her great work for a quarter of a century.
居里夫人。
Madame Curie.
即使是现在,经过25年的深入研究,我们仍然感到还有很多工作要做。
Even now, after 25 years of intensive research, we feel there is a great deal still to be done.
我们已经有了许多发现。
We have made many discoveries.
皮埃尔·居里在他的笔记中发现了他的建议,在他对我表达的思想中,帮助我们找到了这些建议。
Pierre Curie, in his suggestions we have found in his notes, and in thoughts he expressed to me, has helped to guide us to them.
但我们之中没有人能做得太多,然而我们每个人,也许,每个人都能捕捉到一些知识的闪光,这些闪光虽然本身不够谦虚,却可以为人类的真理之梦增添一些光彩。

But no one of us can do much, yet each of us, perhaps, can catch some gleam of knowledge, which, modest and insufficient of itself, may add to man’s dream of truth.
正是借着黑暗中的这些小蜡烛,我们才逐渐看到了我们面前塑造宇宙的伟大蓝图的模糊轮廓。
It is by these small candles in our darkness that we see before us, little by little, the dim outlines of that great plan that shapes the universe.
我和其他一些人一样,因为这个原因,认为科学有伟大的美,用它伟大的精神力量,迟早会清除这个世界上的罪恶,它的无知,它的贫穷,
And I am among those who think that, for this reason, science has great beauty, and with its great spiritual strength will, in time, cleanse this world of its evils, its ignorance, its poverty,
疾病、战争和心痛。
diseases, wars and heartaches.
寻找真理的明光,寻找未知的新路,即使人的眼光比现在敏锐得多,神圣的奇迹也永远不会让他失望。
Look for the clear light of truth, look for unknown, new roads, even when man’s sight is keener far than now, divine wonder will never fail him.
每个时代都有自己的梦想。
Every age has its own dreams.
那么,离开昨天的梦想吧。
Leave, then, the dreams of yesterday.
你,拿着知识的火炬,建造未来的宫殿。
You, take the torch of knowledge and build the palace of the future.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!