他们生病了。他们外出度假去休息了。
They’re sick. They’ve gone away on a holiday to rest.
现在,世界上任何一个新闻记者想要采访居里博士或夫人是完全不可能的。
Now, it’s utterly impossible for any newspaperman in the world to try to interview Dr. or Madame Curie at the present time.
我很抱歉。
I’m sorry.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
我来自格勒诺布尔的《信使报》
I’m from the Courrier, the newspaper in Grenoble.
我能见见居里夫人吗?
Do you think I could see Madame Curie?
恐怕你不能见她。他们在下面休息。
I’m afraid you can’t see her. They’re down here to rest.
这是他们五年来的第一个假期。
It’s their first holiday in five years.
你不会想打扰他们的。
You wouldn’t want to disturb them.
也许你能告诉我一些关于她的事。
Perhaps you could tell me something about her.
没有故事,我不能回去。
I can’t go back without some sort of story.
你想为你的论文准备一些目前很少有人知道的东西吗?
Would you like to have something for your paper that very few people know yet?
哦,我当然愿意。
Oh, I certainly would.
嗯,请在你们的报纸上发表一篇文章,说学校已授予居里博士和夫人一个富丽堂皇的新实验室,有许多房♥间、最先进的设备和许多助手。
Well, put in your newspaper that the university has granted Dr. and Madame Curie a splendid new laboratory with many rooms, the latest equipment, and many assistants.
这将在下周的正式仪式上交给他们。
It’s to be presented to them in a formal ceremony next week.
下个星期。
Next week.
这就够了吗?
There, is that enough?
很好,太好了。
That’s fine, that’s wonderful.
我不知道该怎么感谢你。
I don’t know how to thank you.
我可以告诉你,我很害怕见到居里夫人,但这对我很重要。
I can tell you I was scared of meeting Madame Curie, but it was rather important to me.
你看,这是我的第一个任务,如果我能得到面试机会的话会有很大帮助。
You see, this is my first assignment, and if I could have gotten the interview it would’ve helped a lot.
先生,你可以告诉你的报纸你采访了居里夫人。
Well, monsieur, you can tell your newspaper that you got your interview with Madame Curie.
夫人……再见。
Madame… Goodbye.
你是…您是居里夫人吗?
Are you… Are you Madame Curie?
是的,这是我女儿,艾琳。
Yes, and this is my daughter, Irene.
这是一辆新三轮车,所以她得炫耀一下。
It’s a new tricycle, so she has to show it off.
——现在…——妈妈,妈妈。
– And now… – Mommy, Mommy.
哦,我的宝贝来了。这是夏娃。
Oh, here’s my baby. This is Eve.
她是个好孩子吗?很好,夫人。
Has she been a good baby? Very good, madame.
乖吗,亲爱的?是的,是的,夫人。
Been a good baby, darling? Yes, oui, madame.
她喝牛奶了吗?是的。
Did she drink her milk? Yes.
那好吧……是的,夫人。
All right then… Oui, madame.
让她待在外面,伊薇特。好了,你走吧。
Well, keep her out in the air, Yvette. All right, off you go.
现在她要去花♥园♥参观了。
Now she’ll make the grand tour of the garden.
现在我失陪了。再见。再见。
And now you’ll excuse me. Goodbye. Goodbye.
你知道我在干什么吗?皮埃尔。我以为你睡着了。
You know what I’m doing? Pierre. I thought you were asleep.
不。我正在参观新实验室。
No. I’m walking through the new laboratory.
不要把它想得太大。它可能达不到你的期望。
Don’t imagine it too grand. It may not come up to your expectations.
此时此刻,我正走在长长的白色大厅里。
And at the moment, I’m walking down a long, white hall.
我听懂了吗?是的,你和我在一起。
Am I with you? Yes, you’re with me.
现在我正在检查你的工作台。
Now I’m examining your work table.
我认为它不够大。
I don’t believe it’s large enough.
如何是你的?哦,我们还没到那一步。
How is yours? Oh, we haven’t got there yet.
当我们第一次走过这里的时候,一定会很兴奋,不是吗?
It will be exciting, won’t it, when we walk through it for the first time?
是啊,能重新回去工作真是太好了。
Yes, it’ll be wonderful to get back to work again.
我们失去了太多的时间。
We’ve lost so much time.
哦,皮埃尔。我们在这里度过的时光并没有消失。
Oh, Pierre. The time we’ve spent down here hasn’t been lost.
我们恢复了力量。
We got our strength back.
是的,这是真的。我们都病了,我们两个。比我们知道的还要多。
Yes, that’s true. We were ill, both of us. More than we knew.
你知道吗,我们刚来这里的时候,我有时会有一些非常病态的想法。
You know, when we first came here, I used to have some fantastically morbid thoughts at times.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
过去的每一天都像是完全迷失了,我有一种感觉,我没有多少时间可以浪费了。
Well, every day that passed seemed so completely lost, and I had a feeling I didn’t have much time to lose.
我的日子…嗯,这……我不能浪费他们,我必须把车开得很快,以便有时间完成我想完成的一切。
That my days were… Well, it… That I mustn’t waste them, that I had to drive ahead quickly in order to have time to finish everything I wanted to finish.
真奇怪,一个人的头脑会……
It’s odd how one’s mind will…
为什么,玛丽。
Why, Marie.
多么可怕的想法。
What a horrible thought to have.
那只是因为我病得很重。
It’s just because I was so ill.
你怎么会有这样的想法?
How could such a thought have entered your mind?
亲爱的,别太当真。
Oh, darling, don’t take it so seriously.
它害怕我。
It frightens me.
哦,很抱歉我提了这件事。没什么。
Oh, I’m sorry I mentioned it. It was nothing.
那是因为我太累了。
It’s just because I was so worn out.
真的,玛丽,你知道我有多累。
Really, Marie, you know how tired I was.
皮埃尔,如果我们有一个人去,另一个人就不能单独去。
Pierre, if one of us should ever go, the other couldn’t go on alone.
不能指望我们,不是吗?
Couldn’t be expected of us, could it?
玛丽,我让你心烦了。
Marie, I’ve upset you.
会,皮埃尔?
Could it, Pierre?
你错了,玛丽。
You are wrong, Marie.
无论发生什么,如果一个去了,另一个必须留下来。
Whatever happens, if one should go, the other must stay on.
一个人必须照样工作。
One must work just the same.
但就我个人而言,除了去我们美妙的新实验室,我什么都不想去。
But I, for one, have no intention of going anywhere except to our wonderful new laboratory.
只剩一周了,想想吧。
Only one more week, just think of it.
等了这么久,只剩一个星期了。
After all this waiting, only one more week.
皮埃尔?是的,亲爱的。
Pierre? Yes, dear.
回来这里。
Come back here.
嗯?
Huh?
回来了。
Come back.
它是什么?我想告诉你一件事。
What is it? I want to tell you something.
坐下来。
Sit down.
那是什么?
Well, what is it?
它是如此困难。我就是找不到合适的词。
It’s so hard. I just can’t find the words.
皮埃尔,你为我感到骄傲吗?
Pierre, are you proud of me?
玛丽……因为我为你感到骄傲。
Marie… Because I’m so proud of you.
我太骄傲了,有时我想我要炸开了。
I’m so proud that sometimes I think I’ll burst.
你是个伟大的人,皮埃尔。
You’re a very great man, Pierre.
不是这个世界的意义,只有你。
Not the way the world means, just you.
你的善良,你的温柔,你的智慧。
Your kindness, your gentleness and your wisdom.
我爱你,皮埃尔,深深地爱着你。
I love you, Pierre, so deeply.
我从未想过…我很感激,皮埃尔。
I never dreamed… I’m so thankful, Pierre.
这就是我想告诉你的。
That’s what I wanted to tell you.
我希望你一直都知道这一点。
That’s what I hope you’ve always known.
“法国认为应该授予这对著名的科学夫妇”一项真正伟大的荣誉以奖励他们对科学和人类的贡献”
“France has seen fit to bestow upon this famous scientific couple “a truly great honor in reward for their services to science and to mankind.”
你真的被打动了吗?
Well, are you truly impressed?
“总统和巴黎大学的全体教员”将为皮埃尔和居里夫人提供”一个设备齐全的实验室”来进行多项实验
“The president and faculty of the University of Paris “will present Pierre and Madame Curie “with a fully-equipped laboratory “with which to carry on the many experiments
他们已经打开了通往。
“they have opened the gateway to.
“4月19日,6点半……”
“At 6:30 on the 19th of April…”
那是今天,你知道。
That’s today, you know.
"…那对举世闻名的夫妇将出席一个正式的实验室展示会。
“…there will be a formal presentation of the laboratory “at which the world-famous couple will appear.”
不坏吧,是吗?不坏。
Not bad, eh? Not bad.
早上好。早上好。早上好,爸爸。
Good morning. Good morning. Good morning, Father.
早上好,孩子们。早上好,皮埃尔。
Good morning, children. Good morning, Pierre.
这地方今天怎么了?
What’s the matter with this place today?
毕竟,这和其他日子没什么不同,不是吗?
After all, it’s no different from any other day, is it?
这房♥子一片混乱。一切都颠倒了,乱七八糟。
This house is in a turmoil. Everything is upside-down, topsy-turvy.
没有东西在它的位置上。你妈妈呢?我好几个小时没见到她了。
Nothing in its place. And where’s your mother? I haven’t seen her for hours.
我不知道我要怎么记住任何事。,哦……
I don’t know how I’m going to remember anything. And, oh…
我的咖啡在哪里?我迟到了。
Where’s my coffee? I’m late.
谢谢你,露西尔。
Oh, thank you, Lucille.
我不知道你妈妈去哪了。
I don’t know where your mother’s gone.
没有女人的房♥子…我——我——我不明白。
A house without a woman… I–I–I don’t understand.
玛丽吗?
Marie?
母亲的。
Mother’s in there.
嗯…她在里面做什么?
Uh… What’s she doing in there?
母亲的。母亲的。
Mother’s in there. Mother’s in there.
玛丽吗?
Marie?
如果我是你,我就不会进去,皮埃尔。
I wouldn’t go in there, Pierre, if I were you.
她今晚要穿去参加展示的一件新衣服,正在做最后一次试穿。
She’s having the last fitting on a new dress she’s going to wear tonight for the presentation.
这应该是个惊喜。
It’s supposed to be a surprise.
哦,好,好。这是个很好的主意。
Oh, good, good. That’s a very sound idea.
对,记住,我没告诉你。
Yeah, and remember, I didn’t tell you.
不,不,不。
No, no, no.
打扰一下,皮埃尔医生在吗?
Pardon me, is Dr. Pierre here?
这是他。
That’s him.
哦。居里夫人想见您。
Oh. Madame Curie would like to see you.
你喜欢吗,皮埃尔?是为今晚的仪式准备的。
You like it, Pierre? It’s for this evening, for the ceremony.
你看起来很漂亮,玛丽。
You look very beautiful, Marie.
你真的喜欢吗?
You really like it?
我做的事。
I do.
非常感谢。
Very much.
那是什么颜色的?
What color is that?