We’ve got to make a Parisian out of you.
你有的是时间去寻找答案
You’ll have lots of time to get your answers.
明天,我们先从毕沙罗开始
Tomorrow, we’ll start with Pissarro.
问题在于如何让光线来叙述绘画作品
It’s the problem of translating light into the language of paint.
这些树叶,如果是你唯一看到的东西…
Those leaves there, if they were the only thing in sight…
它们就只有一种颜色 - 它们自己的颜色
they’d have one color, their own.
但是,阴影和四周一切事物的反射…
But the shade and reflection of everything around…
天空、大地、水,让树叶有了其它的颜色
the sky, the earth, the water, give them more than their own color.
所以,当你们描绘大自然时,不要死盯着一个点
That’s why, when you paint from nature, don’t fix your eye on any one spot.
要把每一样东西尽收眼底
Take in everything at once.
最重要的是不要胆怯
And above all, don’t be timid.
要相信你的第一印象
Trust your first impression.
你一直在做的一切,我们大家一直在做的事情,都过时了…
Everything you’ve been doing, what we’ve all been doing; obsolete…
我们所有的人,每画一笔都小心翼翼…
the whole lot of us guessing with every brush stroke…
倾注大量的颜料 组成随意的图案…
pouring rivers of paint into haphazard combinations…
而实际上,我们画的所有东西 都可以通过数学方法来实现
when actually, everything we’re after can be achieved mathematically.
你在说什么呢?又是修拉?
What are you talking about? Seurat again?
你真的认为数学公式可以画画吗?
Do you really think a painting can be done by formula?
可以画吗?已经在画啦,就在巴黎…
Can be? Is being done, right here in Paris…
通过精确、科学的方法
through precise, scientific methods.
我不用画布来配色
I don’t mix my colors on canvas.
我在赏画人的眼睛中配色
I mix them in the eye of the spectator.
一旦你接受了光线在人的视网膜中 可以停留一段时间这个现象…
Once you accept the phenomenon of the duration of light in the human retina…
请原谅,可这是一幅阳光明媚的户外景色啊
Excuse me. But this is a sunlit exterior.
而你为什么要在室内 就着煤气灯画呢?
Now, why do you paint it indoors by gaslight?
-我是说,你怎么能掌握画中的色彩呢? -为什么不能?
– I mean, how can you judge your colors? – Why not?
算啦,修拉,别让他受罪了
Come on, Seurat, put him out of his misery.
-我劝过他,但是他还是呆在暗处 -好吧,伯纳德,到这儿来
– I’ve tried, but he’s still in darkness. – All right, Bernard. Come here.
我所做的一切,都是事先计算好的…
Everything I do is worked out in advance…
象数学一样精确,使用准确的科学方法
with mathematical accuracy, through precise scientific methods.
在我拿起画笔前…
I know exactly what colors I’m going to use…
我准确地知道要使用什么样的颜色
before I pick up my brushes.
我的调色板按光谱的顺序,布置得井井有条
And my palette is methodically prepared in the order of the spectrum.
你自己看吧,蓝色、蓝紫色、 紫色、紫红色…
As you see, blue, blue-violet, violet, violet-red…
红色、橘红色、橘黄色…
red, red-orange, orange-yellow…
提奥
Theo.
-早上再说不行吗? -不行啊,求你了,我需要你的帮助
– Can’t it wait till morning? – No, please, I need your help.
穿上
Here.
-这次是什么? -你看这个
– What is it this time? – Look at this.
是的,有点儿意思了
Yes, it’s coming along.
光的感觉非常好
It’s got a very good sense of light.
-怎么了?你脸色很不好 -你能卖♥♥掉它吗?
– What’s the matter? You look terrible. – Will you be able to sell it?
我会试试看
I’ll try.
这些新画家的画很难卖♥♥,即便是有点儿名气的
It’s hard to sell any of the new painters, even the ones with some sort of name.
你知道在古拜尔画行…
You know how Goupil’s begrudges me…
我在里屋为这些新画家腾一点儿地方,画行都不愿意
the little space I can get for them in the back room.
那你为什么不离开古拜尔画行? 自己单干嘛
Then why don’t you leave Goupil’s? Set up for yourself.
-为什么和那种白♥痴♥浪费时间? -文森特,不要告诉我怎么生活!
– Why waste time with idiots like that? – Vincent, don’t tell me how to run my life!
我很不容易才有了现在的地位
It’s taken me a long time to get where I am.
也许还不理想,但是对我来说,我的工作还是有价值的
It may not be ideal, but, to me, what I’m doing seems worthwhile.
而你却不能让我省心 我连续六个月睡不好觉
And you don’t make it any easier. I haven’t had any sleep for six months.
来了客人,你却侮辱人家
When people come to the house, you insult them.
难道我没有权利表达自己的观点吗?
Don’t I have a right to express my opinion?
这是我的家 你没有权利侮辱我的客人!
This is my home. You have no right to insult my guests!
也许我一开始就不该来巴黎
Maybe I shouldn’t have come to Paris in the first place.
文森特,我们仅有的东西 就是我们可以彼此给予
Vincent, all we’ve got is what we can give each other.
你知道卖♥♥掉你的画会让我多么欢喜
You know how much joy it would give me to sell your paintings.
我只要有机会,就把你的画拿给人看
I show them whenever I get a chance.
但是,你或许应该拿些画给另一个画商
But perhaps you should take some to some other dealer.
要尽可能多地展示你的画
The more your work’s seen, the better.
去找彼尔 唐基吧 我会告诉他你的事情的
I’ll talk to him about you.
Go to P猫re Tanguy.
-为什么要… -看看他能帮你做什么
– Why should… – See what he can do for you.
而且要让他看看你过去的作品,不要只拿新的东西
And show him some of your old work, not just the new stuff.
这么说,你也认为新的作品毫无价值了?
Is that your way of saying the new work’s no good?
文森特,既然你是这种情绪,我不想和你争论
Vincent, I’m not going to argue with you when you’re in this mood.
-什么情绪?我只不过是要… -晚安
– What mood? All I’m trying… – Good night.
-提奥! -晚安!
– Theo! – Good night!
文森特,新作品很好,全都很好
Vincent, it’s all good, all of it.
重要的是,这些作品有一天会大放光华
The important thing is that one day it could be sublime.
而在那个时刻和现在之间,你可以为我做一件事情
Between then and now, there’s one thing you could do for me.
一件小事,那是我全部的请求
A little thing, that’s all I ask.
让我睡上一夜吧
Let me get a night’s sleep.
还是老样子 自从我一年前离开这里,什么都没有改变
It’s still the same. Nothing’s changed since I left here a year ago.
说得对
That’s right.
你那时候欠我112法郎,现在还是一样!
You owed us 112 francs then and you still do!
-唐基,让你老婆走开 -回后面去
– Tanguy, remove your wife. – Get in the back.
这个人绝对正确,唐基
This man is absolutely correct, Tanguy.
你不能把画家和木匠混为一谈
You cannot handle painters and woodpeckers, too.
事实是,我亲爱的朋友们,你们不是画家
The fact is, my dear friends, that you are not painters.
你们是图腾艺术家
You are tattoo artists.
你们是用色点工作的化学家
You are chemists with little pots of paint.
你们用染色的跳蚤覆盖画布
You cover canvases with colored fleas.
你们忙着模仿彼此的雕虫小技…
You are so busy imitating each other’s tricks…
你们忘记了绘画的真正含义
you’ve forgotten what painting is about.
你们全都叫我恶心
You all make me sick.
什么不叫您恶心呢,保罗,除了您自己的作品?
What doesn’t make you sick, Paul, besides your own work?
您真的想知道?那个
Would you really like to know? That.
看看这些:这清澈,这平静
Look at that. The clarity, the calm.
日本人绘画就像我们呼吸一样简单
The Japanese paint as simply as we breathe.
-也许他们的颜料是用钱买♥♥的 -他是谁?
– Maybe they pay for their paints. – Who is he?
保罗 高更
Paul Gauguin.
你要到世界的另一头,才能找到你喜欢的东西吗?
You have to go halfway around the world to find something you like?
我连离开这个店都用不着 看看这个,还有这个
I don’t have to leave this shop. Look at that. And that.
-还有这个,还有这个 -塞尚
– And that, and that. – Cézanne.
-是的,塞尚 -是的,塞尚
– Yes. Cézanne. – Yes. Cézanne.
滞销画大王
King of the unsaleables.
或许,这是您所说的绘画…
I suppose you call this painting…
把画给我!
Give me that painting!
是的,手法直截了当,充满热情
Yes. It’s direct, it’s vigorous.
-你叫什么? -文森特·梵高
– What’s your name? – Vincent van Gogh.
他有要表达的东西,并且表达得很成功 提奥的兄弟?
He has a statement to make and he makes it. Theo’s brother?
很高兴认识你,这是诚实的作品
Glad to know you. It’s honest.
没有模仿任何人,丝毫没有
It owes nothing to anybody. Nothing.
因为它无从模仿 没有情调,没有价值…
Because it has nothing. No tone, no values…
-没有色彩关联 -没有空间感
– No color relations. – Sense of space.
这些小人们又发动攻击了 我的朋友,我们去喝一杯?
The little men are at it again. My friend, will you join me in a drink?
-那112法郎怎么办? -夫人,回厨房♥去吧
– What about the 112 francs? – Lady, go back to your kitchen.
回去
Get back.
你知道,头顶的太阳侵入你的身体,进入你的血液
You see, down there the sun invades you, gets into your blood.
我并不是说马提尼克岛不是天堂
Not that Martinique was a paradise.
我饥肠辘辘,而且发着烧,能活着出来真是幸运
Between hunger and fever, I was lucky to get out alive.
但是如果可能,我明天就回去
But if I could, I’d go back there tomorrow.
-你来巴黎多久了? -一年多
– How long you been in Paris? – Over a year.
你怎么能忍♥受? 我在这里无法工作,它让我窒息
How can you stand it? I can’t work here. It strangles me.
-你打算去哪儿? -不列塔尼
– Where would you go? – Brittany.
我在那儿有个住的地方 那不过是个窟窿,不过那是我唯一付得起钱的地方
There’s a place up there I can stay. It’s just a hole, but it’s all I can afford.
你不会想巴黎的朋友们吗?
Wouldn’t you miss your friends in Paris?
朋友?也许会想个把女人吧
Friends? A woman or two, maybe.
像我这么晚开始的人,都会珍惜时间…
When you start as late as I did, you find yourself measuring…
不要把时间随便用在什么人、什么事情上
who and what you give your time to.
朋友,舒适的生活,家庭
Friends, comforts, family.
如果它们打扰了工作所需要的宁静,你就和它们一刀两断…
If they interfere with your peace to work, you cut them off…
而且你会在后半生 不断地揣摩那是否值得
and you spend the rest of your life wondering if it was worthwhile.
如果他们疯到去买♥♥印象派的绘画作品…
If they’re mad enough to buy Impressionist paintings…
那只能证明他们是野蛮人
it only proves that they’re savages.
自从文森特来这里住后,我从没有看到这地方这么整齐
I haven’t seen the place looking so neat since Vincent came to stay here.
他中了什么邪,把房♥间收拾成这样?
What got into him, cleaning it up like this?
我真希望他不在家
I do hope he’s out.
如果他在家,什么生意也做不成
Never would get any business done if he’s in.
那是什么?
What is it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!