Vincent, before the children?
你知道你在说些什么啊?
Do you realize what you said?
是的,母亲,但是我必须说实话
Yes, Mother. But I must say what I feel.
我不是一个无神论者,我确实信仰上帝
I’m not an atheist. I do believe in God.
一个充满爱心的上帝,父亲,我也相信 有多种服侍上帝的方式
A God of love, Father, and I believe there are many ways to serve him.
有的人在布道坛上服侍上帝,有的人通过书籍或绘画
One man does it from a pulpit, another through a book or a painting.
我们不讨论这些事情
Let’s not discuss it.
对不起,父亲,我只是想告诉您我的观点
I’m sorry, Father, but I was just telling you my opinion.
你早上在田野里开心吗,文森特?
Did you have a good morning in the fields, Vincent?
还是老样子
Like any other.
你感觉画得有进步吗?
Do you feel the drawing’s going well?
你这么拼命地工作,而且…
You work so hard and…
我注意到你反复地修改那些画…
I can’t help noticing you go over and over your drawings…
而且有时候还把它们扔掉
and often as not, you throw them away.
母亲的意思是,我们不愿意看到你这么累自己,文森特…
What Mother means is, we’d hate to see you keep struggling, Vincent…
到头来却发现,它只不过是另一次失败
only to realize in the end, it was just another failure.
也许他可以去拜访在海牙的表哥莫瓦 他是一个成功的艺术家
Maybe he could visit Cousin Mauve in The Hague. He’s a successful artist.
让他看看你的画,我相信他会乐意帮助你的
Ask him his opinion of your drawings. I’m sure he’d be glad to help you.
我现在还不能给莫瓦看我的作品 当我准备好了,我会去找他的
I’m not ready to show my work to Mauve. When I am, I’ll go to him.
不好意思,文森特
I’m sorry, Vincent.
-洋洋怎么样? -他很好,谢谢你
– How’s Jan? – He’s all right. Thank you.
你来了,我很高兴,凯
I’m glad you’re here, Kay.
提奥,请再寄些画纸来,还有墨水
Please, Theo, send more paper and drawing ink.
你上个月寄来的,我很快就用完了
I’m afraid I quickly used up what you sent last month.
我在日复一日地作画时发现…
As I work at my drawings day after day…
过去似乎高不可攀的东西…
what seemed unattainable before…
现在渐渐可以做到了
is now gradually becoming possible.
我在慢慢地学习观察和测量
Slowly, I’m learning to observe and measure.
我在大自然的面前,不再那么一筹莫展
I don’t stand quite so helpless before nature any longer.
来啊,洋洋,你这个小坏蛋
Come on, Jan, you rascal.
我知道我的风格仍然有些粗糙和僵硬的东西
I know there’s still something harsh and stiff in my style.
虽然,说实话,我相信今年夏天凯在这里…
Although, to tell the truth, I believe the presence of Kay here this summer…
使我的作品开始变得柔和起来
is beginning to have a softening influence on my work.
你该睡午觉啦,来吧
Time for your nap, now.
好好睡吧 盖好毯子
There we go. Cover you up.
我刚把他放下,他就睡着了 谢谢你
He fell asleep almost as soon as I put him down. Thank you.
真是个好孩子
He’s getting to be such a boy.
他非常喜欢这里的夏天
It’s been a wonderful summer for him here.
这个夏天很美
It’s been a wonderful summer.
-你今天怎么样?顺利吗? -有你在我身边,永远是顺利的
– How did it go today? Well? – When you’re with me, it always goes well.
我很高兴,文森特
I’m glad, Vincent.
你工作得这么勤奋
You work so hard.
我看到你房♥间里半夜还亮着灯
I see your light on often, halfway through the night.
要学的东西太多了,不仅是绘画方面的,还有关于人的
There’s so much to learn, not only about drawing, but people.
他们的感受和思想,他们生活的世界
How they feel and think, the world they live in.
在你能够画他们之前,你也必须了解这些
Before you can paint them, you have to know that, too.
所以,我阅读所有我能找到的书籍
So I read everything I can get my hands on.
狄更斯、佐拉、米什莱
Dickens, Zola, Michelet.
你知道米什莱是怎么说的吗?
You know what Michelet says?
“找到自己价值的人才是幸福的…
“Blessed is the man who’s found his worth…
“有一个自己爱的女人才是幸福的 ”
“and one woman to love.”
-我需要爱,凯 -你当然需要
– I need love, Kay. – Of course you do.
我需要自己的爱,可以溶入我的生活的爱
I need it to be myself, to be able to breathe it.
我想要一个家,我想要孩子
I want a home. I want children.
沃思也是这么想的,他把洋洋和我作为他的生活的中心
Vos felt the same way. He made Jan and me the center of his existence.
-其它的东西他都不管… -别谈沃思了,他死了
– Nothing else counted for him… – Stop talking about Vos. He’s dead.
而我们活着,凯,活在现在,现在
And we’re alive, Kay. In the present. The present.
-我爱你,凯 -不
– I love you, Kay. – No.
听我说,我们两个都是孤单的人
Listen to me, we’re both alone in the world.
我们彼此需要,听我说,我们要有一个家
We need each other. Look, we’ll have a home.
我们会幸福,我向你保证
We’ll be happy. I promise you.

No.
看在上帝份上,不要害怕 我只是说,我想和你结婚
In God’s name, don’t be frightened. I’m only saying I want to marry you.
做你的丈夫,做洋洋的父亲
To be your husband, and a father to Jan.
不!绝不!绝不!
No. Never!
不,绝不,绝不
No. Never.
我告诉你,提奥,这件事吓坏了我
I tell you, Theo, this thing threatens me.
爱是如此强烈、如此真实的东西…
Love is something so strong, so real…
不可能让它熄灭…
that it’s as impossible to quench it…
一个人为了爱不惜付出生命的代价
as it is for a man to take his own life.
我必须再次看到她的脸 再次对她讲话
I must see her face again and speak to her once more.
-我想见凯小姐 -恐怕她出门了,先生
– I’d like to see Miss Kay. – I’m afraid she’s out, sir.
不行,您不能进来,先生 家里人在吃晚饭
No, you can’t go in there, sir. The family’s at dinner.
他硬闯进来,先生
He pushed his way in, sir.
我现在明白为什么人们抱怨你不懂礼貌
I see now what people mean when they complain about your bad manners.
-凯在哪儿? -她不在这里
– Where’s Kay? – She’s not here.
她去看朋友了
She’s visiting friends.
-文森特,请坐吧 -她刚刚还坐在这里
– Vincent, please, sit down. – She was just sitting here.
你难道连“no”这样简单的意思都不明白吗?
Can’t you understand a simple word like “no”?
凯把你的信原封退回,你难道不明白那是什么意思吗?
Don’t you realize what it meant when Kay returned your letters unopened?
拜托了,我可以和凯讲话吗?
May I speak to Kay, please?
亲爱的,请让我和他单独谈好吗?
My dear, will you leave us alone, please?
你一定要不顾一切固执己见吗?
Must you persist in the face of everything?
理智一点儿,文森特 即便凯答应了你的爱…
Try to be reasonable, Vincent. Even if Kay returned your love…
你指望用什么养活她一家呢?
how could you possibly hope to provide a home for her?
你已经很久没有收入了
You haven’t earned money in a long time.
-你甚至没有… -如果一个人有了爱,他就有了生活
– You don’t even have… – If a man loves, he lives.
如果他有了生活,他就会工作 如果他工作,他就可以养家
If he lives, he works. If he works, he has bread.
你认为我是个流浪汉吗? 我一生都将身无分文吗?
You think I’m a tramp? I’ll be penniless all my life?
-这不仅仅是钱的问题… -听我说!
– It’s not just a question of money… – Listen to me!
我所要求的,仅仅是有机会向凯表明我的爱
All I ask is a chance to show Kay my love.
帮助他了解她为什么必须爱我
To help her understand why she must love me.
你一定恋爱过 你知道一个人承受极度的痛苦…
Surely you’ve been in love. You know what agonies a man can suffer…
极度的痛苦?难道你这么弱不禁风…
Agonies? Are you such a weakling…
甚至不能承受一点儿失恋的悲痛?
that you can’t stand the little pain of a disappointment in love?
有必要为了它呻♥吟♥吗?
Do you have to whimper about it?
你知道什么是悲痛?
What do you know about pain?
我见过的极度痛苦,是你做梦都无法想象的
I’ve seen agonies that you’ve never dreamed of.
我把手放在火上多久,我就同凯谈多久好了
Let me talk to Kay for as long as I can keep my hand in this flame.
文森特!
Vincent!
你疯了吗?
Have you gone out of your mind?
-你听到我呻♥吟♥了吗? -听我说,我的孩子
– Do you hear me whimpering? – Listen to me, my boy.
我可以满足你的愿望,让你同凯讲话,只不过…
I’d let you talk to Kay to your heart’s content, but for one thing.
她拒绝再见到你,永远不要
She refuses to see you again, ever.
我不相信
I don’t believe it.
她说你的固执让她厌恶
She said that your persistence disgusted her.
有些东西是不能一厢情愿的
There are some things that can’t be controlled by wishes.
爱就是其中之一
Love is one of them.
对不起
I’m sorry.
但是,她是说我让她厌恶了吗?
But did she say I disgusted her?
是的
Yes.
-这是她的原话? -是的
– Did she actually say that? – Yes.
那好吧,我也对不起
All right, I’m sorry, too.
-我要走了 -你打算住哪儿?
– I’ll be going. – Where are you staying?
-你就在这里过夜好吗? -不了,谢谢您
– Would you like to spend the night here? – No, thank you.
-既然凯不在家… -我给你的手包扎一下
– If Kay leaves the house… – Let me take care of your hand.
-你要照顾好自己,文森特 -向你家里问好
– Take care of yourself, Vincent. – Our love to your family.
-晚安 -晚安,孩子
– Good night. – Good night, boy.
好啦,我们走吧
Come on. Let’s get out of here.
那好,如果你想坐在这儿,随你的便吧
Come on. If you want to sit here, that’s all right.
再来点儿酒?
More wine?
-赊帐吗? -不
– On credit? – No.
您没事儿吧?
You all right?
我不舒服,我累了,不要管我
I’m sick. I’m tired. Just leave me alone.
一切都烂透了,现在我明白为什么人们要跳河了
Everything’s rotten. Now I understand why people drown themselves.
-不要那么说 -为什么不?
– Don’t say things like that. – Why not?
-自杀是很可怕的事情 -您知道什么?
– Suicide’s a terrible thing. – What do you know about it?
您究竟是干什么的?干活儿的?
What are you, anyway? A working man?
-是的 -看您讲话可不像
– Yes. – You don’t talk like one.
谢谢您的白兰地
Thanks for the brandy.
我是洗衣服的,在我有力气揉搓的时候

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!