并伴有极度恐惧
accompanied by symptoms of extreme terror.
您需要我打开窗子吗?
Would you like me to open the window?
窗外的景色很美
The view is lovely from here.
病人的总体状况:良好
General condition of patient: Fair.
没有暴躁行为
Non-violent.
他请求将画具…
He has requested that his painting equipment…
和其它私人物品…
and other personal effects…
放在他的房♥间里
be placed in his room.
请求得到批准
Request granted.
真美啊
It’s beautiful.
但是这个割草的人?他是想象出来的吗? 田野里没有人啊
But the mower? Is he imaginary? There’s no one in that field.
那只是一个象征性的人物,正在酷暑中拚命完成他的工作
That’s just any man struggling in the heat to finish his work.
它代表死亡
It’s the figure of death.
-那好像不是让人悲伤的死亡啊 -你说得对,嬷嬷
– It doesn’t seem a sad death. – It’s not, Sister.
刚好是在光天化日之下…
It happens in the bright daylight…
太阳将大地万物 笼罩在纯金般的光辉之中
with the sun flooding everything in a light of pure gold.
作画似乎是有益的…
It would appear that painting is beneficial…
甚至是必要的…
perhaps even necessary…
可以帮助这个病人生活好起来
for this patient’s well-being.
当然,前提是…
Provided, of course…
他不能沉溺于…
that he is not permitted to indulge…
过度的工作和情感作用中…
in those excesses of work and emotion…
从而引发以往的危机
that induced his former crisis.
您兄弟最近的这次发作,是迄今为止最为严重…
This latest seizure was the most severe…
而且是时间最长的一次
and prolonged that your brother has suffered to date.
在我们夜以继日地看护…
As a result of constant attention…
和观察下…
and observation…
他目前的身体情况 基本上恢复了正常
he is today approaching physical recovery.
他现在向我们表达了出院的愿望…
He now expresses the desire to leave this institution…
并希望到北部居住
with the intention of taking up residence in the north.
既然您支持他的…
And since you support him…
这一请求
in this request…
我们将在他适于旅行时
he will be discharged…
立即让他出院
as soon as he is considered fit to travel.
-文森特 -你好,乔安娜
– Vincent. – Hello, Johanna.
-看到您真是太好了 -您终于来了
– It’s good to see you. – It’s about time.
您和我想得一样漂亮
You’re just as pretty as I thought you’d be.
你不觉得他气色很好吗,提奥?
Don’t you think he looks well, Theo?
-他看上去比我好 -孩子呢?
– He looks better than I do. – Where’s that baby?
-我什么时候才能看到他? -他睡觉呢…
– When do I get to see him? – He’s asleep…
不过,既然他也叫文森特,你可以进去
but since he’s your namesake, you can go in.
你们拦不住我的
You try and keep me out.
我给他带了一点儿小礼物,希望他喜欢
I brought him a little present. I hope he likes it.
-这是你的侄子 -他长得真像梵高
– There’s your nephew. – He’s a real van Gogh.
维丽米在这里的时候,她说他最象父亲
When Willemien was here, she said he looked more like Father than anyone.
不对,他也象乔安娜,瞧这双小手…
No, there’s some of Johanna in him. Look at those hands…
-瞧他多有礼貌啊 -等他饿了你就知道了
– and see how well-behaved he is. – Just wait till he gets hungry.
文森特!你没事儿吧?
Vincent! Are you all right?
快来坐下
Come sit down.
你会没事儿的
You’ll be all right.
我没事儿,就是头晕了一下
I’m fine. I was dizzy for a moment.
-你累了 -我给您弄点儿咖啡
– You’re tired. – I’ll get you some coffee.
谢谢,乔安娜
Thanks, Johanna.
我没事儿,真的,路上累了
I’m all right, really. It was a long trip.
我有最好的消息等着你呢
I left the best news until you got here.
-你那副“红色葡萄园”的画 -怎么了?
– Your painting of The Red Vineyard. – What about it?
它卖♥♥了400法郎
It sold for 400 francs.
买♥♥主是谁?
Who bought it?
一个画家,安娜·博格,她住在布鲁塞尔
A painter. Anna Bock. She lives in Brussels.
很好啊,我很高兴…
That’s fine. I’m glad…
提奥,我真不知道,我给你寄了这么多东西
Theo, I had no idea I’d sent you so much stuff.
太占地方了
It certainly adds up.
我让你都转不开身了
I’ve hardly given you room to move around.
我们还有地方,还可以在这里塞几个人
We still have some space to squeeze a few people in here.
事实上,我在考虑今晚请请你的朋友们
As a matter of fact, I was thinking of asking some of your friends over tonight.
-保罗在什么地方? -他在不列塔尼
– Where’s Paul? – He’s in Brittany.
但是还有劳德雷克、毕沙罗、伯纳德,他们都想见你
But Lautrec, Pissarro, Bernard, they want to see you.
你的第一副画售出了,我们应该庆祝一下
We ought to celebrate your first sale.
还是你想以后再庆祝?
Or would you rather leave it till later?
不,就今晚吧
No, make it tonight.
我想我最好尽快在奥维尔安顿下来
I think the sooner I get settled in Auvers, the better.
我在那里,离你们也不太远
It isn’t as if I were going a long ways off.
你们周日都可以过来看我嘛
Why, you can all come out and see me on Sunday.
那边的事情,都和加歇大夫安排好了吗?
Is everything set there with Dr. Gachet?
-他知道我要去了? -毕沙罗把所有事情都安排好了
– Is he expecting me? – Pissarro made all the arrangements.
他们两个上个礼拜都在这里
They were here together last week.
-他们看见我的新画了吗? -加歇激动得不得了
– Did they see my new things? – Gachet got so excited.
最后我让他拿了几副,他才肯走
He wouldn’t leave until I’d lent him a couple.
-你有没有向他解释我的情况? -是的,文森特,我说了
– Did you explain to him about me? – Yes, Vincent, I did.
他似乎很有信心
He seems very confident.
谢谢,乔安娜,地道的荷兰饼干
Thanks, Johanna. Good Dutch cookies.
我真搞不懂你,提奥,家里有这么好的荷兰厨师…
I don’t understand you, Theo. With such fine Dutch cooking in the house…
你知道,你也该长点儿肉啦
you know it’s about time you put some flesh on those bones of yours.
我的确抱有很大希望,文森特 加歇医生名声很好…
I’m really very hopeful, Vincent. Dr. Gachet’s got a very good name…
他说…
and he says that…
加歇医生,说真的,那是我必须知道的
Dr. Gachet, you see, that’s what I have to know.
会有某种先兆吗? 我来得及…
Will there be a warning? Will I have time to…
关于你发病的事情,您想听听我的意见吗?
About those seizures of yours, do you want my opinion?
把它们彻底忘掉 对自己说那些都结束了…
Forget them, completely. Tell yourself you’re finished with them…
然后投入到勇敢和欢乐的工作之中
and work boldly and joyously.
文森特,你不知道你是多么幸运
Vincent, you don’t know how lucky you are.
能画出那样的松柏…
To have done one painting like that cypress in there…
还有你兄弟给我看的那些向日葵…
or those sunflowers that your brother showed me…
我宁可少活10年…
I’d give 10 years of my life.
-酒不好吗? -我现在很少喝酒了
– Don’t you like your wine? – I don’t drink much these days.
是的,对一位画家来说,工作是唯一的良药
Yes, for a painter, work is the only medicine there is.
而这里是最好的工作环境
And this is the place for it.
进来
Come in.
塞尚的,看出来了吗?
Cézanne’s. Do you recognize it?
他就在这个房♥间画的…
He painted it right in this room…
那是这所房♥子
and that is this house.
他在街对面画的
He painted that from across the street.
是的,事实上,这里的每一副油画…
Yes, as a matter of fact, there’s hardly a canvas here…
都是在这所房♥子里完成的 或是在周围100码以内完成的
that wasn’t done right in this house or within 100 yards of it.
杜米埃的这副画你看过吗? 真是个奇观
Have you seen this Daumier? It’s a wonder.
很有力度,不是吗?
Strong, isn’t it?
是的,杜米埃来过很多次
Yes, he came here many times, Daumier.
他是个怪癖的人
He was a strange one.
现在你知道,我为什么说…
So, you see, when I tell you…
我了解艺术家的气质…
that I understand the artistic temperament…
马奈去世前,他们请我参加会诊
When Manet was dying, they called me in for consultation.
他们想要截肢
They wanted to amputate.
我说不行,不行,对那样一个人不行
I said no. No, not for a man like that.
但是他们不听
But they wouldn’t listen.
-午饭准备好了,大夫 -好的,特蕾莎
– Lunch is served, Doctor. – Good, Therese.
现在可以上桌了 我们一会儿要出门
You can put it on the table now. We’ll be right out.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
-基约曼 -很美,对吗?
– Guillaumin. – It’s a beauty, isn’t it?
如果你喜欢,我带你去看他画这副画的地方
If you like, I’ll take you out and show you where he painted it.
我在阿尔时还想让他也去哪
I wanted him to join us at Arles.
-看,这里翘了 -是吗?
– Look, it’s warped. – Is it?
你最好把它框起来
You better have it framed.
我本想把它买♥♥下来的 - 我会的 我明天就把它框起来
I was meaning to take it in. I will. I’ll do it tomorrow.
亲爱的提奥,我见到了加歇医生
Dear Theo, I’ve seen Dr. Gachet.
他是一个令人愉快的人 他的房♥子里有一些不错的画
He’s a pleasant man. He has some good paintings in his house.
他想让我给他画像
He wants me to do his portrait.
但是…至于他对我的帮助…
But as for his helping me…
我恐怕我们务必不要期待太多
I’m afraid we mustn’t hope for too much.
瞎子给瞎子带路时…
When the blind lead the blind…
两个人都会掉进沟里
don’t they both fall in the ditch?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!