我可怜的父亲努力两辈子也无法画出的画
couldn’t dream of painting in two lifetimes.
我父亲把自己锁起来 然后用好几个小时模仿他的作品
My dad would lock himself away and copy them for hours.
父亲说我在文森特画作品的时候
Father told me I was distracting Vincent
让他分心了
from important work.
问我如果阻止伟大作品诞生
Asked if I really wanted to be responsible
是不是想承担后果
for preventing masterpieces from being born?
我当然不想
And, of course I didn’t.
所以当文森特叫我的时候 我开始假装
So I started to not be in or not be well
不在或者不舒服
when Vincent called.
不久后 他们吵了一架
Soon after that, they had an argument,
吵得很凶
a terrible row.
不是因为我 不过可能是我的退出
It wasn’t about me, but maybe my withdrawal
让事情恶化了
had soured things.
我父亲下一次看见他的时候
The next time my father saw him,
他的腹部已经中弹了
he had a bullet in his belly.
你现在满意了吗
Are you satisfied now?
你可以指责我
You can blame me.
你也可以指责我父亲
You can blame my father.
你不应该受责备
You’re not to blame.
你跟这没关系
You’ve not part in it.
他是被其他家伙射中的
He was shot by some boys.
叫瑞内·萨克坦的家伙
Some boy named Rene Sacretain.
我是认真的
I’m serious.
我看得出来
I can see that.
瑞内是个蠢货没错 但他不是杀人犯
Rene is an idiot for sure, but he’s not a murderer.
一个喝醉了还有带着把枪的蠢货
An idiot who drunk, who had a gun,
他整个夏天都带着这把枪到处走
who walked around all summer with it
还在人群面前显摆他的枪 他也欺负过文森特
waving it in people’s faces, who bullied Vincent,
他在文森特死的那天见过他
who was seen with Vincent on the day of his death,
而且文森特的东西也不见了
and his stuff disappears.
那些东西不会自己消失
He didn’t disappear it himself, so there must have been
所以肯定是某个人干的
someone else.
一定是的
It must’ve been.
不管是孤独的文森特与成天酗酒的年轻人来往
So lonely Vincent resorts to hanging around
最终导致中枪身亡
with drunken teenagers, and he gets shot.
还是他在他孤独的一生中绝望饮弹
Or, he shoots himself in despair at his lonely life.
结果都一样
The result is the same.
如果我当时不那么做的话
Either way, instead he could’ve been
他还会完好如初地在这里画画
at our place painting if I’d behaved differently,
如果当初他和我父亲没有吵架
if him and my father hadn’t argued.
但是 难道你一点也不在乎
But, don’t you care that some bastard
那些谋杀了他的杂种就此逍遥法外
may have gotten away with murder?
你只是想对他的死因一探究竟
You want to know so much about his death,
但是你了解他的一生吗
but what do you know of his life?
我明白他为了证明自己有一技之长
I know that he tried hard to prove
所以非常努力
he was good for something.
确实如此
Yes, he did.
正因如此 我去他的坟墓看望他的时候带去了鲜花
That’s why take flowers to his grave.
我还能为他做的也只有这些了
That’s all I can do for him now.
他一定会喜欢这绽放的极致之美
He would appreciate the delicate beauty of their bloom
甚至会欣赏根茎上的每一片叶子
even each blade of their grassy stems.
对他来说 生活中的所有细节都未曾细小或卑微
No detail of life was too small or too humble for him.
他欣赏与热爱这些细节
He appreciated and loved it all.
他们放你出来了
Let you out of jail did they?
大概是因为我迷人的气质吧
On account of my winning personality.
所以你朋友文森特可以不再因此丢脸了
It’s like trying to out disgrace your friend Vincent.
我在朝这方面努力
I’m working on it.
你就是那位一直等着要见我的年轻人了
You must be the young man who’s been waiting to see me.
是的 我叫阿曼德·罗林
Armand Roulin.
伟大的南方大亨的约瑟夫·罗林公子
Son of the great Joseph Roulin, giant of the South
有着思妥耶夫斯基一般的风采
with Dostoevsky soul.
什么
What?
文森特这么称赞你的父亲
That’s what Vincent called your father.
对你父亲的事 文森特对我知无不言
He told me all about him.
是吗
He did?
是的 还有你母亲
Yes, and your mother,
她唱的摇篮曲
whose lullaby
甚至可以让冰岛渔民的灵魂安睡
could sooth even the souls of Icelandic fisherman.
罗林家族的阿曼德 过来请坐
Come now, Armand of the Roulin clan, take a seat,
请随意
be welcome.
露易丝 上点喝的
Louise, drinks.
你想喝什么 红酒吗
What’ll you have, wine?
不用麻烦了 谢谢
No, thank you.
我昨晚喝多了
I had my fill last night.
那就喝点茶吧
Ah, tea then.
我家有最好的做茶的诀窍
I have just the recipe.
露易丝 你知道该上什么茶 动作麻利点
Louise, you know the one, chop-chop.
小伙子 我听说你这两天
So young man, I hear you’ve been making
在干一些大事 借此出名
something the name for yourself these past two days.
请相信我 我意不在此
Believe me that wasn’t my intention.
我只想送一封信
I just wanted to deliver a letter.
我知道 一个死人给另一个死人写的信
From a dead man to a dead man I understand.
没错 但是我出发的时候并不知道这件事
Yeah, well I didn’t know that when I set out.
一个我在巴黎遇到的人认为
A guy I met in Paris thought you might have
你可能知道西奥遗孀住在哪里
the address for Theo’s widow.
我有理由让她收到这封信
Seems right the family should have the letter.
我父亲也这么认为
That’s what my father reckons.
听起来你父亲非常有责任感
Your father sounds like a responsible man.
我很同情这件事
I sympathize.
我必须要照看伟大艺术家的身体健康
I have to look after the health of great artists.
压力很大
It is a burden.
他们的灵魂多有不安
They are not peaceful souls.
我自己也是个艺术家 所以深有同感
I understand because I am an artist too.
也正因如此 他们无条件信任我
That is why they trust me.
文森特也是同样信任你吗
And, Vincent trusted you too?
是的
Yes, he did.
现在问这些还有意义吗
Does it mailer now?
我希望你可以告诉我
I was hoping you’d tell me.
你到底想问什么
Tell you what exactly?
文森特死前六周曾经写信给我父亲
Vincent wrote to my father six weeks before he died,
信中说到他已经感到了完全平静
and he said he fell absolutely calm
精神状况也十分祥和
and in a normal state.
所以我来这里的原因是希望你可以解释
So I came here hoping you could explain
为什么他从平静安详逐渐走向了饮弹自杀
how he went from absolutely calm and in a normal state
的深渊
to suicidal.
不过我想我已经知道了这一切的前因后果
But, I reckon I know the answer to that.
是吗
Oh do you now?
你清楚抑郁症吗
You’re familiar with melancholia are you?
一般般
I wouldn’t say so.
患者会从认为生活是无与伦比的美好快乐
Sufferers can change from feeling life
逐渐改观为生活就是在绝望低谷里无修无眠的挣扎
is a wondrous joy to being stuck in a pit
而这一切 不过仅仅需要六个小时
of despair within six hours.
所以六周时间内 你可以想象他内心可能遭受的翻天覆地的变化
So think what changes are possible within six weeks.
我认为原因并非如此
But, I don’t reckon that’s it.
拉武家的女孩说他在这里很开心
Ravoux girl said he was happy here.
多么显而易见 她完全有资格做出诊断
She’s obviously qualified to make such a diagnosis.
她每天都能看见他 她说他那段时间心平气和
She saw him everyday, said he was calm
精神状况也很正常
and seemed normal.
可能他确实看起来如此 或者确实如此
Maybe he did seem that way, maybe he was that way
但仅限于开始几天
in the beginning.
是他
There he is.
他来了
He’s arrived.
离开精神病院给了他全新的希望
Leaving the asylum had given him fresh hope.
对于他的日常工作
He didn’t want for much just his work
他并不奢望太多
from day to day.
很高兴见到你
It’s good to meet you.
交到一个好朋友
Find a little friendship.
听说了很多你的事迹
I’ve heard so much about you.
一切都会好起来的
All will be well.
后来呢 他交到朋友的吗
And, did he find a little friendship?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!