It’s an extraordinary labor of love
关于一位伟大艺术家的卓越作品
about a great artist,
并且各个部门都需要运用到
and involves a lot of extraordinary artistry to make
很多非凡的艺术技巧
in every department of this film.
导演这样一个规模的电影
It was a big lesson in directing a production on this scale
对我 以及对联合导演休来说
for me, but also for Hugh,
都是一堂非常有意义的课
who had joined me as co-director.
我有点像是从一个
I think I kinda went from
富有创造力 时而很有控制欲的制片人
being a creative and at points controlling producer
偶然间成了一名导演
to an accidental director.
我作为导演与多洛塔的合作
Me joining Dorota as director
渐渐地不仅仅局限于
just sort of organically flowed out of the experience
制♥作♥电影 或是写电影剧本
of the production and of the writing of the script.
最难的部分绝对是在弗罗茨瓦夫的拍摄
Definitely the hardest part was the Wroclaw shoot.
我觉得这部分难主要是因为
I think it was particularly hard
在推进工作的同时我们还要思考
because we were working out as we were going along
这种类型的电影具体要如何做
how this type of film making would actually be done.
毕竟我们做的是一个全新的类型
After all, we were doing something new,
所以我们不可能打电♥话♥给有经验的人
so we couldn’t phone someone up who’d already done it
去询问他们的意见
and ask for their advice.
我们没有任何类似操作手册的东西
We couldn’t read any how to manuals.
我们只能自力更生
We just had to find out for ourselves.
我们不能保证一定会成功
We had no proof that it would work out,
我们只能相信自己的直觉
we just had to trust our instincts
但愿能够成功
and hope for the best.
让梵高的作品动起来
It’s trying something incredibly new and exciting
是一次全新且激动人心的尝试
by having moving images of the paintings of Van Gogh.
但愿我们这群人会因此被人们铭记
And hopefully we will all be remembered for it.
我们在弗罗茨瓦夫拍摄第一镜时
So one of the scary things that came out of Wroclaw
最可怕的事之一就是 我们意识到
first shoot was we realized that the actors,
演员们表演对应戏份所需时间
when they were acting out the parts,
是我和多洛塔演完所有部分
took almost twice as long as me and Dorota
所需时间的两倍
when we had acted out all of the parts.
剧本通读会
听着 孩子
Listen son,
恐怕这封信永远到不了提奥·梵高手上了
I’m afraid you’ll never deliver that letter to Theo Van Gogh.
几乎在三个月的时间里
Practically in the space of three months
我们不得不把我们三年来精心打磨的剧本
we had to cut over a quarter of the story from the script
删掉超过四分之一
that we’ve been carefully working on over three years.
而且我们需要招募更多画师
And also we needed to recruit more painters.
可以看到我们新添了十五个绘画工作台
You’ll see that now we have another 15 PAWS units

2015年1月
每一间内都有一位动画师
and inside each one we have a painting animator
正在画电影中他们负责的第一镜
doing their very first shot on Loving Vincent.
我们一见到成品 一见到上色后的样子
Once we saw the material, once it had been painted,
就立马重燃了对这个项目的激♥情♥
we got that whole enthusiasm back for the project.
我们意识到我们真的在做
We realized we actually were doing something
很特殊的事
that was special.
我们从第一镜中
And we cut together this little trailer of material
剪出来了预告片素材
from that first shoot.
有人把我们剪的这个预告片
And someone took this trailer that we did,
放到了他们脸书的主页上
they put it onto their Facebook page
传播非常迅速
and it went viral.
至爱梵高
Loving Vincent.
今晚 一部史无前例的
Finally tonight, it’s never been done before.
纯手绘故事长片
A fully hand-painted feature film
让梵高的作品重获新生
now giving new life to Vincent Van Gogh’s works.
该电影对细节的把控非常到位
The attention to detail so extraordinary,
完成这部作品本身
The finish product, is turning into a masterpiece
就是一项杰作
in its own right.
24小时内 已经有两百万的浏览量
Within 24 hours, two million people had seen this.
三个月的时间 视频的播放量已经达到两亿
Within three months, 200 million people had viewed this.
我们在山穷水尽的境况中
We went from a situation that seemed hopeless
看到了希望
to a situation where it was like,
我们有信心继续完成这部电影
we can go ahead and we can make this film.
我们的时间并不充裕 但至少
We didn’t have enough time but at least we finally
我们有了足够的资源去完成这部电影
had a promise of resources to make the film.
贝思纳尔格林
4号♥棚入口
4月27日-5月11日
伦敦片场
三磨坊工作室
开始
And, action.
尽管我绝大部分的经历
Even though for most of my life
多洛塔·科别拉
都和动画制♥作♥和绘画有关
I’ve been working with animation and painting,
但我一直很期望能和演员一起工作
I always wanted and dreamed about working with actors.
当我真的成为其中一员的时候
And suddenly when I found myself on that set,
我才意识到我有多享受这件事
I realized how much I enjoy it.
我们在伦敦的拍摄 最大的问题是时间
For the London shoot, the biggest issue was time, really.
我们想在11天的时间里
It is that we were trying to shoot
让主演们拍摄一共60分钟
over 60 minutes of material
在30个不同场景里的素材
with our main actors in the space of 11 days
以这样的拍摄速度
doing up to 30 setups, which is a speed of shooting
可能最后只能拍出肥皂剧一样的东西
which maybe you get on soap operas.
我们想要把这部电影
The concept of this film
拍成一个由梵高的画作
was from the very beginning
和他肖像画中的人物所讲述的故事
that it will be a story told by Vincent’s paintings
这是我们从一开始就有的想法
and the characters of his portraits.
肖像画是依据真实的人所画出
Therefore, I though that it’s important that these portraits
所以我认为
who were real humans
画里的人物也应该由有血有肉的人来塑造
before they were painted, should be portrayed by real humans now
因为画里的人有真实的情感
because they had real emotions,
演员要捕捉这种情感
emotions that the actors follow
并依据剧本将其表现出来
and show based on the script.
我知道他们要按照梵高画作的风格
I knew that we were all going to be turned into sort of
来为我们设计造型
Van Gogh style paintings,
西尔莎·罗南
饰演”玛格丽特·加歇”
但我当时并不太清楚
but I didn’t quite know how
你们要怎么做到这一点
you guys were gonna go about doing that.
这个想法非常新颖
The concept was new and it was something
是前所未有的
that hadn’t been done before.
这就是我想加入的原因
That’s why I wanted to do it.
这就是我想要和你们一起完成它的原因
That’s why I wanted to do it with you guys.
我很想知道
Just… I was really interested to see
整个过程会是怎样的
what the process was gonna be.
我们要在一个巨大的绿幕前面拍摄
We’re working to enormous green screens,
艾莉诺·汤姆林森
饰演”爱德琳·拉武”
除了那些耗资几百万美元的美国大♥片♥
the type that you usually don’t see
你可能很少能见到这样大的绿幕
unless you’re on a huge multi-million dollar American movie.
矢车菊每年的这个时候都开得很好
The cornflower is lovely this time of year.
乔·斯塔基
饰演”傻男孩”
真的很漂亮 对吧
It’s really quite pretty, isn’t it?
这里的布景太让人惊讶了
Amazing, the scenery around here
我就住在这条路的拐角处
and I just live down the road around the corner
大概在那后面的一个地方
sort of back over there somewhere.
我在来之前对梵高所知甚少
I knew very little about Van Gogh before starting this.
除了小时候在学校里学到的
Only what I had leanred in school as a kid.
我知道他耳朵的事情
I knew about his ear,
我觉得这应该是关于他最出名的事情了
I think that’s probably the most famous thing.
但是我完全不了解有关他
But I had absolutely no idea about him
是否自杀的猜测
supposedly killing himself,
或是关于他真正死因的
or that there was ever any question around
种种疑问
how exactly he died.
我很想在剧本里
It’s been fascinating to explore that in the script
以及不同人物的不同自白中
and also to read different accounts
找到答案
from the different characters.
这一点非常有意思
It’s really interesting.
我很喜欢电影制♥作♥时
I always like when the technical side of film
技术和艺术的碰撞
meets the artistic side.
所以这是一段非常棒的经历
So it’s been a great experience
所有的演员也都很出彩
and the cast have been amazing.
我的天
Oh Jesus Christ.
克里斯·奥多德
饰演”邮差鲁兰”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!