那个人 他总是在外面惹麻烦
He’s always out for trouble, that one.
这拳是替我父亲打的
That’s for my father.
散了吧 好戏结束了
Shows over.
这里是怎么回事
What’s going on here then?
先生
Sir.
你刚才是在跟阿曼德那个小伙子打架吗
Was that young Armand I saw you fighting with?
是的先生
Aye sir.
为什么打架
Over what?
为了那个红发疯子 他以前认识的那个画家
Over crazy red, that painter guy he used to know.
真的吗
Really?
这个是他掉的 先生
He dropped that, sir.
我会收着它的
I’ll take it in.
休息会吧 士兵
At ease, soldier.
你又惹上麻烦了
Causing trouble again I see.
你的这封信掉在了外面
You dropped your letter outside.
这不是我的信
It’s not my letter.
是文森特的
It’s Vincent’s.
是写给西奥·梵高的
It’s to Theo Van Gogh.
是文森特的弟弟 对吗
That’s Vincent’s brother, isn’t it?
是的 文森特把这封信丢下了
Yeah, Vincent left it behind.
他以前的房♥东格诺清理房♥间的时候发现的它
His old landlord Geno was having a clear out and found it.
然后他转交给了我的父亲 父亲告诉我
So he gave it to my father and father told me
我得去送信
I have to deliver it.
好像这事归我管一样
Like it’s my business.
我的工作是打磨金属 不是送信
My job is to bash metal into shape not deliver letters.
您可真是把这当自己家了
Help yourself why don’t you?
呃 他又不喝了 不是吗
Well he doesn’t need it, does he?
我不懂给一个死人送信有什么意义
I don’t see the point in delivering a dead man’s letter.
你的父亲只是想表示他的尊敬
Your father just wants to pay his respects.
为什么呢
What for?
别人又为我们做了些什么
What did that nobody ever do for us?
当我父亲拒绝签署请♥愿♥书的时候
Making my family hated when my old man refused
我们全家都受人憎恨
to sign that petition.
将文森特逐出镇子的请♥愿♥书
To throw him out of the town-
我签了
– I signed it.
签就对了 他是个疯子
And, that’s well and good, he was mad.
他没有疯
He wasn’t.
他是个有意思的人
He was an interesting man.
当他的一个朋友 高更来的时候
Things only got strange when that friend of his
事情变得更加奇怪了
Gauguin came.
文森特十分热忱于将他的黄色小屋
Vincent was all enthusiastic for his yellow house
变为画家的旅馆
to become this hostel for painters.
而高更会是旅馆的主人
And, Gauguin would be the master.
椅子在哪里
Where’s the chair’?
好 很好
Yeah, perfect.
但是 当他终于到达的时候
But, when he finally came,
他们迅速地从亲密的朋友
they quickly went from firm friends to being
变成争吵不断的敌人
at each other’s throats.
不 不 不 你不能走
No, no, no you can’t go.
不 你不能就这么走了
No, you can’t go.
冷静 文森特
Calm down, Vincent.
贝弗莉
Beverly.
你好 文森特
Hello Vincent.
我给你带了一个礼物
I brought you a gift.
你跟谁打架了吗
Have you been fighting?
好好照顾它
Take good care of it.
噢 你真好
Oh sweet.
你没事吧
Are you alright?
有趣的人
Interesting man?
我印象里的他并不是这样
That’s not how I remember him.
那个疯子割了自己的耳朵
That nutcase has cut off his ear.
你的父亲把它缝回去了 不是吗
Your dad sewing it back on is he?
不 他是在帮忙
No, he’s helping.
这说得通 两个酗酒的疯子
Well that figures one drunk and crazy
当然会互相帮助
helping another.
有本事再说一遍
Go on say it!
说啊
Say it again.
审判是在下周
The trial’s next week.
我以为他输了之后
Did not think there were any left
他们就不会再回来了
not after him losing.
噢 他们又回来了 爬着回来的
Oh they’re back, crawling back in.
晚上好先生们 你们看到我儿子了吗
Evening gents, have you seen my son?
啊 洛林先生 是的 他在里面
Ah Mr. Roulin, yes you’ll find him inside.
他本应该坐火车去巴黎的
He’s meant to be on a train to Paris.
他看起来并不像是要计划着
He don’t look like he’s planning on going anywhere
去哪里的样子
right now.
我们会见分晓的
We’ll soon see about that.
那他有麻烦了
He’s in trouble.
那个孩子自找的
The boy looks for it.
晚上好 约瑟夫
Evening Joseph.
你为什么不直接邮递它呢
Why can’t you just post it?
我试过 这封信因无法寄送被退回来了
I did, the letter got returned as undeliverable.
呃 如果你的邮政服务都不能找到他的话
Well if your postal service can’t find him,
那么你为什么觉得我可以呢
what makes you think I can?
积极一点 儿子
Just use your initiative son.
像西奥·梵高这样重要的人物
An important man like Mr. Theo Van Gogh
打听打听就知道了
ask around.
但是 如果我找到他了 我该说些什么
But, what do I say when I find him?
通常来说要以“我很抱歉你痛失亲人”为开头
It’s customary to start with I’m sorry for your loss.
先帮你醒醒酒
Let’s got you sobered up.
我现在不能去 太晚了
I can’t go it’s too late.
真是个美好的夜晚
It’s a nice night.
你要去致以最深切的慰问
You’re to convey deepest condolences
代表我本人 你母亲 还有你的兄弟
from myself, your mother, and your brother.
噢 别忘了小玛茜
Oh, and don’t forget Little Marcel.
她也是他的朋友
She was his friend too.
她才十个月大
She was 10 months old.
婴儿就像动物 儿子
Babes are like animals son.
他们从人的外形就可以了解到他们的内心了
They can know the heart of a man just by the size of ’em.
不可能
No, they can’t.
他们不像成年人一样易变
They’re less fickle than grown-ups.
看看格诺就知道了
Just look at Geno.
他笑呵呵地拿了文森特一年的钱
He takes Vincent’s money with a smile for a whole year
然后签署了驱逐他的请♥愿♥书
and then signs a petition condemning him.
嘿 你不要说格诺留着这封信
Hey, mind you say that Geno had the letter
整整两年
for two years.
我不想让西奥先生觉得是我们不去送信
I don’t want Mr. Theo thinking that we been sitting on it.
告诉他格诺根本不想把这封信
Tell him how Geno didn’t even bother
交给我 直到他听说
handing it over to me until he heard
文森特已经
that Vincent had…
自杀了
Killed himself?
你为什么觉得这件事这么难以置信呢
Why do you find that so hard to believe?
你看到事情的经过了
You saw what happened here.
他精神上崩溃了
He had a breakdown.
很多人都会这样
It happens to people.
软弱的人
If they’re weak.
再活得久一点你就知道了
Live longer, you’ll see.
生活甚至可以把最强大的人击倒
Life can even bring down the strong.
他割了耳朵之后 没有人愿意和他来往了
After the ear, nobody would even give him a chance.
就连孩子们都欺负他
Even kids were tormenting him.
滚开这里
Get out of here!
走啊 滚开
Go on, get out of here!
我们是王
We are the kings.
我觉得他纵容孩子们追自己追到家里
I call it weak letting kids chase him
是很软弱的
into the nuthouse.
还有他的邻居们 还有警♥察♥ 还有律师
And his neighbors, and the police, and the mayor,
还有整个镇子
and the whole town!
都跟一个病人作对
Against an ill man!
他甚至到圣雷米的疗养院接受了治疗
He even checked himself into Saint Remy to get better
那确实有用
and so he did.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!