I’m so sorry, Belinda.
我很抱歉 Belinda
I know it must have been very difficult for your father to give up you and Jacob.
我知道 你们的父亲迫不得已才抛弃你和Jacob
Last one to the swimmin’ hole’s a rotten egg!
最后跑到游泳池的是浑蛋!
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Mrs. LaHaye, what’s wrong?
LaHaye太太 怎么了?
I lost my locket. The chain must have broken.
我的项链丢了 肯定是链子断了
– Is it valuable? – Yes.
– 很贵重吗? – 是的
I’m sorry. My mother gave it to me a long time ago, and it is very dear to me.
不好意思 那是我母亲很久以前给我的 对我来说非常珍贵
Let me help you look for it.
我来帮你找一找
Thank you.
谢谢你
It’s starting to get dark out here.
天快黑了
We can look again tomorrow.
我们可以明天再找
There’s no point.
没用了
It’s gone.
已经丢了
– Some of this? – Cake? I’ll take the biggest piece I can get.
– 来点这个? – 蛋糕? 我会拿一块最大的
You oughta be out there, Sheriff.
你应该去那边跳一跳 警长
Aw, I’m not much of a dancer.
啊 我不会跳舞
It’s not how good you are. It’s just an excuse to wrap your arms around a pretty girl.
关键不在于舞技 那只是将美人抱入怀中的借口
Why don’t you ask her to dance?
何不请她跳一曲呢?
– You’re just all right! – You’re moving all right yourself!
– 你跳得不错! – 你自己也跳得不错!
Well, maybe I will.
嗯 或许我应该
I love that cobbler. I’ll see you later.
我喜欢那馅饼 再见
Mrs. LaHaye, may I have this dance?
LaHaye太太 可以跳一曲吗?
Mrs. LaHaye?
LaHaye太太?
I, um… I got some…
我 呃… 我有个…
A peddler came through town the other day, and I got this for you.
一天有个商贩来到镇里 我给你买♥♥了这个
I know it won’t replace the one your mother gave you, but maybe it might make you feel better.
我知道它无法取代你母亲送你的那件 但或许会让你感到慰藉
Zach, this looks like real gold.
Zach 这个看上去像纯金的
Well, if it isn’t, I got taken.
嗯 如果不是 那就是我被骗了
There’s enough room for two pictures… Maddy’s and Belinda’s.
里面可以装下两张照片… Maddy和Belinda的
I can’t accept this.
我不能收下
– It’s just a gift. It doesn’t mean anything. – That’s just it.
– 只是礼物而已 没有别的意义 – 就是这样的
I could only accept an expensive gift like this if it did mean something…
如果它具备某种意义 如果是来自一个我爱的人…
if it came from a man that I love.
我才能接受如此贵重的礼物
Could I be such a man?
我可以成为那个人吗?
No.
不能
I know, sweetheart.
我知道 甜心
I just never wanted to feel this way again.
我希望 再也不要有这样的感觉
It was so much easier when I didn’t feel anything.
如果我什么都感受不到 会轻松得多
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like God put us on this Earth…
不幸的是 上帝似乎没打算让我们在这地球上
to have it easy.
安逸地生活
But he did put us here to love one another.
但是 他却让我们来到世上 相互关爱
I’m so ashamed of myself.
我太惭愧了
I have two children at home to think of, and I’m acting like a child myself.
在家里 我还有两个小孩要去照顾 现在我自己却像个小孩
You’re not acting like a child.
你这并非小孩的举止
You’re acting like a woman in love.
你是一个在恋爱中的女人
I have to get home to the children.
我得回家去看看孩子们
– If there’s anything your father and I can do to help… – Thank you, Mama.
– 如果有需要我和你父亲帮助的地方… – 谢谢你 妈妈
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mrs. LaHaye?
LaHaye太太?
There’s something I… I need to tell you.
有些事情 我… 我得告诉你
You asked me a while back why I care so much about Belinda.
前不久 你问过我为什么那么在乎Belinda
See, she reminds me of someone.
瞧 她让我想起了一个人
Someone you loved?
你曾经的爱人?
Eleanor. Ellie.
她叫Eleanor Ellie
We grew up together.
我们俩是一块长大
Her daddy was the town drunk.
她的爸爸是镇上的一个酒鬼
And when he wasn’t passed out…
在他还活着的时候…
he was just full of meanness…
他卑鄙无♥耻♥…
and he took it out on her.
还常常拿她出气
Nobody did anything?
没人阻止吗?
No.
没有
Then when I finally got big enough, I… I stood up to him.
在我长大后 我… 我站起来反抗他
– What happened? – Well, let’s just say he didn’t hit her again.
– 然后呢? – 呃 可以说他再也没打过她了
Did you marry Ellie?
你娶了Ellie吗?
I was going to.
我是这样打算的
– What happened? – Bank robbery.
– 发生了事情? – 银行抢劫案
She wasn’t a threat in any way.
她根本就没有任何威胁
They didn’t have to kill her.
他们没有必要杀她
But they did, and… and they got away with it.
但是他们还是杀了 而且… 而且他们还逃之夭夭
They’re alive, and…
他们还活着 而…
Ellie’s dead.
Ellie却不在了
Just no rhyme or reason to it.
毫无道理可言
Zach, I’m so sorry.
Zach 很抱歉
I understand your bitterness toward God.
我理解你对上帝的怨恨
I felt the same way once.
我曾经也有这样的感受
My husband, Willie, was the sheriff in the town that we lived in.
我的丈夫Willie 曾经是我们那个镇上的警长
He was killed in the line of duty.
他是在值勤时被杀的
How did it happen?
发生了什么?
It was stupid really.
他死得太不值了
– Darlin’! – Couple of men in a saloon got into a fight.
– 亲爱的! – 酒吧里的几个人打起架来
Willie went in to break it up.
Willie上前去制止
Should have ended with nothing worse than a black eye or two and a broken nose…
最多也就是打得鼻青眼肿…
but…
但是…
one of the men pulled out a gun.
其中的一个人掏出了枪
He was dead by the time I got there.
我赶到时 他已经死了
I didn’t even have a chance to say good-bye.
我甚至 还没来得及说再见
I’m so sorry, Missie.
很抱歉 Missie
You must have loved him very much.
你肯定非常爱他
With all of my heart and soul.
全心全意地爱着他
We’re just about done.
我们快做完了
Sure goes fast when you’re not doing it alone.
人多力量大嘛
Grandma! Mama! Come quick!
外婆! 妈妈! 快过来!
One of the puppies won’t wake up!
有只小狗醒不过来了!
Aw. Poor little thing.
哦 小可怜
– Can I hold him for a minute? – Yeah.
– 我能抱它一下吗? – 当然
You’re all right now. You’re all right.
没事了 没事了
Belinda! How did you do that?
Belinda! 你怎么做到的?
Belinda?
Belinda啊?
Belinda? Oh, Belinda.
Belinda? 哦 Belinda
You just did an amazing thing. What’s the matter?
你创造了奇迹啊 这是怎么了?
Mama didn’t only have Jacob and me.
妈妈不止生了Jacob和我
There was a baby girl.
还有个小女孩
Jenny.
叫Jenny
I’m so sorry, honey.
对不起 亲爱的
I tried to take care of baby Jenny…
我想照顾小Jenny…
and to keep her warm and to get her milk…
让她暖暖和和的 有牛奶喝…
e… even though we didn’t have much money.
虽… 虽然我们没有钱
How old were you, Belinda?
你当时几岁 Belinda?
Eight.
8岁
That is far too big a responsibility for a little girl.
这对一个小女孩儿来说太沉重了
There wasn’t anyone else to do it.
但是其他人都不管
What happened to Jenny?
Jenny怎么了?
She got sick…
她生病了…
and we couldn’t afford a doctor.
我们又请不起医生
So one day she just…
所以有一天她…
stopped breathing, and…
停止了呼吸…
and I tried to do what Mama told me to do…
我试着照着妈妈说的…
like with the puppy…
像抱小狗一样抱着她…
but it didn’t work.
但那没有用
It’s all my fault Jenny died!
Jenny死了 都是我的错!
Belinda, listen to me. Sometimes things happen… terrible things.
Belinda 听我说 时常有事情… 可怕的事情会发生
And there is nothing that we can do about it.
我们也无能为力
You don’t understand.
你不明白
– Yes, I do. – How can you?
– 我当然明白 – 怎么可能?
Because I lost a baby too.
因为我也失去过一个孩子
Her name was Kathy.
她叫Kathy
She was so very precious to me.
她是我的宝贝

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!