Most folks only want one kid.
很多人只想要一个孩子
And others feel bad about breaking up families…
而其他人又不忍♥心拆散一对兄妹或姐弟…
so they don’t take any kid.
所以他们干脆一个也不要
I would have taken both of you, Belinda.
我当时应该收容你们俩 Belinda
You say that now, but you know you wouldn’t have wanted more than one kid.
你现在这样说 但你知道自己只想要一个孩子
Jacob had a better chance on his own.
Jacob会有更好的机会
Why?
为什么?
‘Cause he’s younger.
因为他年纪小
Folks want younger kids.
人们想要年幼的孩子
Once you get to be around my age, it’s harder to find people that’ll take ’em.
一旦到了我这年龄 就很难找到收养的人了
You need to go to bed.
你该上♥床♥睡觉了
But I promise you, Belinda…
但是我向你保证 Belinda…
we will go over there first thing tomorrow morning and I will talk…
明天一大早 我们就去那儿 我会跟他们说…
Mrs. LaHaye, may I speak to you outside, please?
LaHaye太太 可以出来说句话吗?
Go to bed.
上♥床♥去
Why did you stop me? I was going to tell her that we’ll go get her brother out of there.
你为什么阻止我? 我本打算告诉她 我们会救出她的弟弟
That’s why I stopped you. I didn’t want to get her hopes up.
所以我得阻止你 我不想让她太抱希望
So you think that I won’t do what I said?
你认为我会只说不做吗?
No. I know you’ll try to do exactly what you said.
不是 我知道 你会像你承诺的那样去做
But when Mr. And Mrs. Pettis took Jacob, they got legal guardianship.
但是Pettis夫妇领养了Jacob 他们有合法监护权
And unless we can prove that he’s being seriously hurt, no court will interfere.
除非我们可以证明他是遍体鳞伤 否则法庭不会出面干涉
– So you’re not going to do anything? – I’ll check the situation out.
– 你只是袖手旁观吗? – 我会查明真♥相♥
But I gotta be careful how I handle this.
但是我得小心处理啊
– I don’t wanna make Hank so mad that he takes it out on Jacob. – Well, I’m going with you.
– 我可不想激怒Hank 他会拿Jacob出气的 – 嗯 我跟你一起去
– No, you’re not. – You can’t stop me.
– 不 你不要去 – 你阻止不了我
You be in my office at 8:00 sharp.
你明早8点整来我办公室
– I won’t wait a minute longer. – I’ll be there.
– 过时不候 – 我会去的
Belinda Marshall…
Belinda Marshall啊…
you are an amazing girl…
你是一个令人惊奇的女孩…
and I love you very much.
而且我非常爱你
Just wanna see the boy, Hank.
只是想看看那孩子 Hank
– We know you’ve been mistreating him. – You watch your mouth!
– 我们知道你总是虐待他 – 你说话小心点!
Let us see the boy, and we’ll leave.
我们看见了孩子 就离开
Come on out here, boy.
小子 站出来
You just stay right here.
就站在这里
Jacob, I’m Sheriff Tyler, and this is Mrs. LaHaye.
Jacob 我是Tyler警长 这位是LaHaye太太
Lindy’s foster mama?
是Lindy的养母吗?
Yes. Your sister’s very worried about you, Jacob.
是的 你的姐姐非常担心你 Jacob
She believes that Mr. And Mrs. Pettis aren’t feeding you enough…
她认为Pettis夫妇没有让你吃饱…
and that they’re working you too hard.
而且让你干太重的活
Is that true, Jacob?
Jacob 是真的吗?
– Don’t be afraid of him. We won’t let him hurt you. – Has he laid a hand on you?
– 不用怕他 我们不会让他伤害你的 – 他打过你吗?
Are they feeding you enough?
他们让你吃饱了吗?
You said you were going to bring him to church. Why haven’t you done that?
你说过 会带他去教堂的 后来为什么却没有?
That’s enough. You got your answers, Sheriff. Now git.
闹够了 你们得到答案了 警长 现在可以走人了
Hyah!
驾!
Hyah!
驾!
– I wanted to ask them why they aren’t sending Jacob to school. – No law says they have to.
– 我要问问他们 为什么不送他去上学 – 法律没有这样规定啊
– But… – Even parents, let alone guardians…
– 但是… – 即使是亲生父母都不见得送孩子上学…
don’t have to send their kids to school.
更何况是监护人
That’s just wrong.
那是不对的
Jacob needs an education if he’s going to have any kind of future.
如果Jacob想有点前途 他得上学读书
Unless we can persuade Pettis of that…
除非我们说服Pettis…
Jacob’s future’s on that farm.
否则农场就是Jacob的前途
You don’t understand how desperately Belinda and Jacob love each other…
你不知道 Belinda与Jacob是如此的深爱着彼此…
what it means to be separated from someone you love that deeply.
也不知道与自己深爱的人分开 意味着什么
I don’t think you’ve ever felt that way about anyone in your life…
我看 你从未体验过这样的感受…
or else you wouldn’t let that happen.
否则 你不会置之不顾的
Whoa!
吁!
Did you see Jacob? Is he okay? Is he gonna come live here?
你看见Jacob了吗? 他还好吗? 他会来这儿住吗?
Belinda, I’m sorry.
Belinda 很抱歉
Sheriff Tyler and I talked to Mr. Pettis, but Jacob gonna have to stay there for now.
我和Tyler警长去找了Pettis先生 但Jacob还得先留在那里
Our papa’s gonna come for us, and he’s gonna get Jacob away from that terrible man!
我们的爸爸会来接我们 而且会从那个魔鬼那里救出Jacob!
And he’s gonna take both of us home with him!
他会把我们俩都带回家
For those of you in the second grade primer, please open your books to page 13.
二年级的同学们 把书翻到第13页
For the rest of you, you can continue doing your multiplication tables.
其他的人继续学习乘法表
Belinda.
嗯 Belinda
Will you open your book to page 13?
可以把书翻到第13页吗?
I would like for you to read aloud.
请大声地读出来
“The T… Tales…
“关…关于…
“Of Pete…
“关于Pete…
Peter Ra… Ra…
Peter 兔…兔…
Rabbit.
兔子
You’re doing very well. Go on.
读得很好 继续读
– I can’t read it. – You could try.
– 我不会读 – 你可以试试
I don’t want to!
我不想试!
All right, class. That’s enough for today.
好了 孩子们 今天就到这吧
We will pick up tomorrow where we left off.
明天接着上
You’re excused.
大家可以走了
She doesn’t want to be part of a family.
她不想融入这个家庭
She really resents me. Maybe even hates me.
她真的很讨厌我 甚至恨我
You and I didn’t take to each other at first. Remember?
最初 你和我也不喜欢对方啊 记得吗?
– And I am so ashamed about how I resented you. – It’s perfectly natural.
– 我很惭愧 自己曾讨厌过你 – 这很正常
You’d lost your mama and didn’t want me to take her place. Just like with your papa and me.
你当时失去了妈妈 不希望我来取代她的位置 正如你♥爸♥爸与我一样
I’d lost my husband and didn’t want Clark to take his place.
我那时没了丈夫 不想Clark来取代他的位置
But then you fell in love with Papa and things changed.
但是 你爱上了爸爸 一切都改变了
I fell in love with both of you.
我深爱上你们俩
Belinda has so much anger in her.
Belinda胸中有太多怒火
She’s had it much harder than I did.
她比我那时倔强得多
Which is exactly why she needs you.
所以她正需要你
Even if she’s not ready to admit it right now, she needs what you have to give.
即使她现在不肯承认 她仍需要你的呵护
But I have so little to give. I can barely keep enough food on the table for Maddy and me.
但我能够给予的实在太少 连我和Maddy的基本生活都难以维持
Those other parents that adopted those children…
那些收养了其他小孩的家长们…
they have so much to offer.
他们可以让小孩衣食无忧
You will leave Belinda a legacy of character…
你将馈赠Belinda一种品质…
and of a love for others, and of faith.
关爱他人和心怀信念的品质
That’s a beautiful legacy.
真是个美丽的馈赠
That’s the kind of legacy that lasts.
这才是能历久不变的馈赠
Well, we’ve gone through all the books at school…
呃 学校里的书我们都看过了…
and all the books here…
家里的书也看过了…
and you can’t seem to find anything that you’re interested in.
你似乎找不到让你感兴趣的事物
There must be something that you want to be able to read.
肯定有些书是你愿意读的
Well…
呃…
when my pa dropped me and Jacob off at the orphanage…
在爸爸把我和Jacob送到孤儿院时…
he pinned this letter to my dress.
他把这封信 用针别在我的衣服上
– I was supposed to give it to ’em, but I kept it. – Why?
– 我本该把它给他们 但是我自己留着了 – 为什么?
These are his last words to us. They’re important.
这是他最后离别的话 意义非凡
I just know it’s gonna say how much he loved us and wanted to keep us…
我知道 他要说他是多么的爱我们 又是多么想把我们留在身边…
and how he’ll come back for us someday.
而且在将来某天 他会回来接我们
– Will you read it to me? – Oh…
– 你能读给我听吗? – 噢…
Belinda, this letter is private.
Belinda 这封信是个人隐私
It’s between you children and your papa.
只属于你们和你们的爸爸之间
I can teach you how to read it.
我可以教你怎么去读
Okay, I’ll learn how to read.
好的 我会学的
But will you just read it to me now?
但是 你现在能读给我听吗?
All right.
好吧
“To Whom It May Concern…
“敬启者…
“This is to certify that the biological father…
“此证明为Belinda和Jacob Marshall的生身父亲…
“and only legal guardian of Belinda and Jacob Marshall…
“和唯一合法监护人…
“freely and of his own will…
“自愿地…
“requests that the Children’s Aid Society…
“请求儿童救护学会…
“provide a home for his minor children until they are of age.
“为他的未成年子女提供一个住所 直至他们成年
“Samuel Marshall promises…
“Samuel Marshall在此承诺…
“not to…
“不会…
“interfere…
“干涉…
“in any arrangements…
“任何…
“the Children’s Aid Society may make for them.
“儿童救护学会为他们做出的安排…
Sincerely…”
真诚的…”
Uh, your father put his mark.
呃 你父亲按了手印
Is that all?
就这些吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!