Poor.
贫穷
Plain old poverty can’t keep you from doing something you really want to do.
物质贫穷不能阻止你去做想做的事
Only poverty of spirit can do that.
只有精神贫穷才会这样
My mama always wanted to be a nurse.
我妈妈一直想当个护士
She never got the chance to.
她从未有过机会
Your mama was never able to pursue her dream.
你妈妈从未追求过梦想
I think she’d be very proud if you were able to do something she couldn’t.
我觉得 假如你能实现她做不到的 她会为你感到骄傲的
No matter how early we leave, we are always running late.
无论我们几点出发 我们总是迟到
Is that why we’re always running?
因此我们总是跑吗?
What’s the matter with you, boy?
你怎么了 小子?
We ain’t got money to go wasting on your clumsiness!
我们可担不起因为你的笨拙而浪费的时间!
– Hello, Mr. Pettis. – Mrs. LaHaye.
– 喂 Pettis先生 – LaHaye太太
Jacob only tripped. It was an accident.
Jacob被绊倒了 这是个意外
Money’s tight, Mrs. LaHaye. Couple more “accidents” might well put me in the poorhouse.
但是资金紧张啊 LaHaye太太 再发生更多”意外”的话 我就得进救济院了
And you might want to keep an eye on your own young ‘uns.
你也得好好管管你的孩子了
Let’s go.
我们走
Ready? Set? Go!
各就各位? 预备? 开始!
Run!
跑啊!
– Go, Sam! – You have to win!
– 加油 Sam! – 你要赢!
Go! Go! Go! Go!
加油! 加油! 加油! 加油!
Can I play?
我能加入吗?
– Course not. – Why not?
– 当然不行 – 为什么不行?
Nobody likes you. That’s why.
没人喜欢你 这就是原因
You’re just a no-account orphan.
你只是个没用的孤儿
You take that back, liar!
闭嘴 你撒谎!
All right. That’s enough.
别打了 够了
Get up.
起来
I said, that’s enough.
我说了 别打了
Now, someone wanna tell me what happened here?
有人能告诉我 发生了什么事吗?
How about you and I go over here and talk?
我们去那边谈如何?
It wasn’t my fault! I didn’t start it!
不是我的错! 我没惹事!
I know that Stevens boy well enough to be pretty sure he did or said something mean.
我明白Steven家的孩子肯定做了或者说了无礼的话
You wanna tell me what that was?
你能告诉我 他说什么了吗?
Must have been pretty bad if you don’t wanna say.
你不说 看来很难听吧
He just…
他就是…
He wouldn’t let me play, is all.
他不让我玩 仅此而已
It’s hard being the outsider.
当个外人确实很尴尬
I imagine your whole life’s pretty hard right now. But you can’t give up.
我现在明白了 你的人生是多么艰难 但是你一定不要放弃
I can run faster than all of them.
我比他们跑得都快
I bet you can. Why don’t you go back there and show ’em? Go on.
我相信你能 你为什么不过去 让他们见识见识? 去吧
Go!
加油!
I can outrun any of you.
我比你们跑得都快
No, you can’t. You’re a girl.
不可能 你只是个女孩子
Yeah, and you’re a stupid bully, but I can still outrun you.
是啊 你是个愚蠢的恶霸 但我还是比你跑得快
You wanna get beat bad? Come on in.
你想输得很惨吗? 来吧
Once around the old oak.
绕过橡树跑回来
Ready? Set? Go!
各就各位? 预备? 开始!
Come on!
加油!
Recess is over. Everybody back inside.
课间结束了 进教室了
– Next time I want you on my team. Okay? – Good job.
– 下次我支持你 好吧? – 干得好
Why do I get the feeling that something just happened and you were a part of it?
为什么我总感觉 只要有事情发生 你就参与其中呢?
Nothing I couldn’t handle, ma’am.
我无法掌控一切 太太
If I were you, I’d keep an eye on that Belinda.
如果我是你 我就要特别留意Belinda
If she does run, you’re not gonna catch her.
如果她跑了 你可抓不住她
Hey, Mr. Bartender!
嘿 Bartender先生!
I’ll see you.
再见
– Come here, darlin’!! – Read ’em.
– 来吧 亲爱的!! – 看看吧
– Sheriff. – Evening, Sheriff.
– 警长 – 晚上好 警长
– Pleasure doin’ business with ya… – Lyin’ cheat!
– 很高兴跟你合作… – 作弊!
I brought food.
我给你带了食物
– It smells really good. – You gotta hide it from ’em.
– 闻起来真香 – 你得把食物藏起来
I’ll put it under my bed.
我会把它放在床底下
I’ll try to bring something better tomorrow night.
我明晚会带更好的食物过来
I hate it here, Lindy. He hits me, and she yells at me.
我讨厌这里 Lindy 他打我 她冲我吼
I don’t want to stay. Can’t I come live with you?
我不想待在这 我难道不能过去和你住吗?
I don’t know how Mrs. LaHaye would feel about that.
我不知道LaHaye太太会怎么想
And even if she were okay with it…
即使她没意见…
Mr. And Mrs. Pettis probably wouldn’t let her take you.
Pettis夫妇也不可能让她把你带走
I miss you somethin’ awful.
我想死你了
Let’s run away from here right now.
我们现在就逃跑吧
Jacob, you know we can’t leave.
Jacob 我们不能离开
Even if we could leave…
即使我们可以离开…
how would Papa find us?
爸爸怎么能找到我们?
Least this way, the orphanage can tell him we were sent here.
起码这样 孤儿院会告诉他 我们被收养了
I promise I’ll get you out of here, Jacob.
我向你保证 我会把你带出来的 Jacob
It just can’t be tonight.
只是今晚不行
You’re gonna leave me again?
你又要离开我了?
I’ll never leave you longer than I have to.
我会尽量少离开你的
I’ll be back tomorrow. Okay?
我明天再来 行吗?
At least you’re safe, thank God.
感谢上帝 你还安全
Look, it is late and we are both exhausted…
听着 现在很晚了 我们都很疲惫…
so we will talk about this in the morning.
所以我们明天白天再谈论此事
Now go to bed, Belinda.
睡觉去 Belinda
Last night wasn’t the first time you sneaked out, was it?
昨晚不是你第一次溜出去 是吧?
I want to know where you went and why you stole food.
我想知道你去了哪里 还有你为什么偷食物
Members of a family need to trust each other.
家人之间要互相信任
– So? – I don’t understand.
– 所以呢? – 我不明白
What do you want?
你要干什么?
I have to stay here.
我不得不留在这儿
If you don’t want me, I can find work somewhere.
如果你不要我 我在别的地方也能找活干
I’m a hard worker. All I ask for is food and a bed.
我能努力干活 我要求的只是食物和床
Belinda, I want you.
Belinda 我需要你
My family wants you.
我们家需要你
And I’m not gonna send you to work when you should go to school and be a child.
你应该上学 做孩子的时候 我不能派你去干活
I ain’t been a child for a long time.
我好久没当过孩子了
I’m worried about her safety.
我担心她的安全问题
I’ll keep a close watch over her, of course, but I can’t stay up all night, every night.
当然 我会小心留意她 但是我不能每天晚上都起来啊
And if she’s determined to sneak out, she’s going to just do it.
如果她决定要溜出去 她就去了
Instead of trying to stop something you can’t stop, just let her go and…
与其去阻止你无法阻止的事 不如由她去…
– Let her go? Have you lost your mind? – You didn’t let me finish.
– 由她去? 你疯了啊? – 你得听我把话说完
Let her go and follow her. See what this is all about.
由她去 然后跟在她后面 看看究竟是怎么回事
It may be nothing. She could be sneaking out just to prove she doesn’t have to stay with you.
没准什么事也没有 她溜出去就是为了证明 她不必总和你们待在一起
– Or… – Or it could be something serious.
– 或者… – 或者是更严重的事
Something dangerous, even.
甚至是危险的事情
There’s only one way to find out.
只有这一种方法可行了
Shh.

What are you doing here?
你来这儿干什么?
Same thing you are. Finding out what that little girl’s doing.
跟你一样 查明小女孩在做什么
Brought peaches.
给你带了桃子罐头
Oh, boy. Ain’t had nothing like this in a long time.
啊 很久没吃过这样的东西了
– How are you doing? – He hit me again.
– 你还好吗? – 他又打我了
I didn’t do nothin’.
我没有做错什么
I just didn’t move fast enough when Mrs. Pettis told me to fetch somethin’.
只是Pettis太太叫我拿东西时 我动作慢了点
Jacob, I’ll get you out of here just as soon as I can.
Jacob 我会尽快把你救出来的
I hope that’s soon, Lindy.
我希望不要太久 Lindy
Good night, Jacob.
晚安 Jacob
Belinda, why have you been sneaking out to see Jacob?
Belinda 你为什么鬼鬼祟祟地去见Jacob?
And why are you bringing him food?
为什么又要带给他吃的?
We need the truth now, Belinda.
快实话告诉我们 Belinda
It’ll be better for you to get it all out.
把一切都倾述出来 你会感觉好些的
Jacob looked thinner than when I saw him the last time.
Jacob比我上次见他时瘦了一些
Are Mr. And Mrs. Pettis treating him right?
Pettis夫妇对他怎么样?
– We need the real story. – It’s not a story! It’s true!
– 我们要知道故事的真♥相♥ – 这不是故事! 是真的!
They’re being real mean to Jacob!
他们对Jacob很吝啬!
What’s Jacob’s last name?
Jacob姓什么?
Is it Marshall?
是Marshall吗?
Is Jacob your brother?
Jacob是你的弟弟吗?
Belinda, why did you keep this a secret?
Belinda 你为什么从来不说?
At the other towns the train stopped at…
在另一个城镇 火车靠站时…
I saw brothers and sisters having a real hard time.
我看见那些兄妹们 生活非常艰苦

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!