Grandma! Grandpa!
外婆! 外公!
– Hey! – Hey, sweetheart.
– 嘿! – 嘿 宝贝儿
Hey there.
你们好啊
Mama, Papa, this is Belinda.
妈妈 爸爸 这位是Belinda
Welcome to the family, Belinda.
欢迎来到我们家 Belinda
We hope that you’ll come to think of us as your grandparents.
我们希望 你能把我们当成你的祖父母
– I’m not your granddaughter. – We’re not trying to take the place of your grandparents.
– 我可不是你们的外甥女 – 我们不是想代替你的祖父母
We just think a child can’t have too many people who love her.
我们就是觉得 一个孩子不会有足够多爱他的人
Do you have grandparents back in New York?
你在纽约有祖父母吗?
No. And I don’t need none either.
没有 我也不需要有
Well, I think it’s just about time to sit down to supper.
好吧 看来吃晚饭时间到了
– Belinda. – What?
– Belinda – 干什么?
We say grace first, Belinda.
我们要先祈祷 Belinda
Do you know what that is?
你明白吗?
Of course I do. We had to pray over our food at the orphanage.
当然明白 我们在孤儿院时 也要饭前祈祷
– I don’t know why. – Well, it’s important.
– 我不明白为什么 – 其实 这很重要
We’re very fortunate. A lot of people go hungry.
我们很幸运 因为有很多人还在挨饿
Bet I know that a lot better than you do.
我敢说 我比你们要清楚这点
Let’s bow our heads and pray.
我们来低头祈祷
Dear Lord, we thank you for everything that you’ve given us…
主啊 感谢您给我们的一切…
especially for the new member of our family…
特别是我们家的新成员…
Belinda.
是Belinda
– Amen. – Amen.
– 阿门 – 阿门
– Amen. – Yeah!
– 阿门 – 噢!
Let’s go!
我们走!
We’re gonna go play with the puppies down in the barn. Do you wanna come?
我们要去谷仓里逗逗小狗 你要来不?
No.

Well, if you change your mind, you’re more than welcome to join us.
好吧 如果你改变主意了 我们非常欢迎你加入我们
Getting big there, boy.
来吧 孩子
– Come here. – I’ll beat you to the barn!
– 到这来 – 我要比你抢先到谷仓!
For the life of me…
即使要我的命…
I don’t know what possessed me to take in that child.
我也不明白是什么力量驱使我收养这个孩子
I sure didn’t need any more responsibility.
我肯定没有那么多责任的
Then why did you?
那你为什么要这么做?
Well, I didn’t intend to.
呃 我没想这样
But when I rode past the church that day, something stopped me.
但是当我坐马车经过教堂时 有种力量让我停住
Then when I heard Pastor Joe say, “Will someone take this child?”
然后我听到牧师Joe说 “有人要收养这个孩子吗?”
It was as if another voice came out of me saying, “I will.”
此刻好像是另一种声音从我心底涌出 “我愿意”
Maybe it was another’s voice.
也许就是另一种声音吧
You think God was speaking through me?
你觉得是上帝在通过我说话?
I think God knew that Belinda needs you.
我觉得上帝明白 Belinda需要你
And maybe, for some reason that you don’t understand yet, you need her.
或许 是出于某些你尚不理解的原因 你还需要她呢
Look at her play! She’s so cute!
你看她玩的样子! 太可爱了!
– I think he makes a nice hat. – Snowball!
– 我觉得 它肯定能当一顶漂亮的帽子 – 好像雪球!
There you go.
给你
Come here, boy! Come over here! Get over here!
过来 孩子! 过来啊! 快过来!
I told you.
我告诉过你
You tryin’ to get away?
你要逃跑?
Is that it? You tryin’ to get away?
是不是? 你要逃跑?
Answer me, boy! Come here, boy! Better get over here!
回答我 孩子! 过来 孩子! 赶紧过来啊!
You think you can just run away ’cause you don’t like your chores?
你觉得你因为不喜欢干家务活 直接逃跑就行吗?
Huh? I can make you work as hard as I want!
啊? 我想让你干多苦就有多苦!
– Get in there! Take your punishment! – Ow! Ow! Why?
– 进去! 接受惩罚吧! – 哦! 哦! 为什么?
That’s rising nicely.
起床挺早啊
If I get the berries, can I use your oven to bake some pies?
如果我采摘莓果 我能用你的烤箱烘烤派吗?
Pies? Of course.
派? 当然可以
Is that one of your favorites, berry pie?
莓果派是你的最爱吗?
Not mine.
不是我的
My mother’s.
是我母亲的
Belinda’s gonna bake us some fruit pie.
Belinda要为我们烘烤水果派
That’s nice.
很好
– What’s the matter, Clark? – I gotta take care of somethin’ for the Fletcher widow.
– 怎么了 Clark? – 我要帮寡妇Fletcher个忙
Go back inside, Belinda.
回去啊 Belinda
– What are you gonna do? – What I have to.
– 你要干什么? – 做我不得不做的事
– I’m coming with you. – Fletcher widow’s horse broke loose.
– 我也去 – 寡妇Fletcher的马受伤倒地了
He fell in a gully and broke his leg. She asked me to put him down for her.
它掉进沟里 摔断了腿 她让我帮忙处理掉它
– You’re gonna shoot an innocent animal? – Because it needs doing.
– 你要杀无辜的动物? – 因为需要这样
Now please, go back inside.
请你回去吧
What if the horse’s leg can be fixed? Shouldn’t you at least try?
马腿或许能治愈好吧? 你难道不起码试一试?
Why is everybody so cruel? Why doesn’t God stop you?
为什么大家这么残忍♥? 为什么上帝不阻止你?
– Please don’t kill it! Please! – Child, listen to me.
– 别杀它! 求您了! – 孩子 听我说
I’ll check his leg. If I can save his life, I will.
我会检查它的腿 如果我能救它 我会救的
But if the bone is shattered, would you rather I leave him to be eaten alive by coyotes?
如果是粉碎性骨折 你希望我让他被土狼活生生地吃掉吗?
Wait here, child.
等着 孩子
Belinda, your food is getting cold.
Belinda 饭快凉了
What’s the matter?
她怎么了?
Can I?
我能给她送过去吗?
Lindy?
Lindy啊?
I brought you some food.
我把食物送过来了
– Maddy? – Yes?
– Maddy? – 嗯?
Thank you.
谢谢
You’re welcome.
不客气
Do you think there’s enough berries for a pie?
这些莓果足够做派吗?
Not hardly. Don’t you know nothing?
不一定 你什么也不懂吗?
I know a bunch of things. I just don’t know how to make a pie.
我懂得很多 我只是不知道怎么烘烤派
We need a lot more berries. So quit talking and start picking.
我们需要更多莓果 别讲话了 赶紧采摘吧
Which ones are the better, the squishy ones or the hard ones?
哪种莓果更好 软的还是硬的?
Maddy!
Maddy啊!
Help!
救命!
Maddy!
Maddy啊!
Maddy, are you okay? Oh, my gosh.
Maddy 你还好吗? 噢 天啊
No. My arm hurts real bad.
不好 我的手臂伤得很严重
We have to get you into town. Can you stand? Can you stand up?
我得带你到镇上去 你能站起来吗? 能站起来吗?
– What happened? – I fell.
– 发生了什么事? – 我摔了
I can see that.
我看出来了
Here.
来吧
Let’s take you over to Mrs. LaHaye’s.
我们带你回家
What happened?
发生什么事了?
Maddy, are you okay?
Maddy 你还好吧?
Apparently, he fell.
显然 他摔了
I tore my clothes. I’m sorry, Mama.
我把衣服扯破了 对不起 妈妈
It’s all right, sweetheart.
没关系 宝贝儿
– Will you take him inside? – Sure. Come on, little fella.
– 你能把他抱进去吗? – 行 来吧 小家伙
Come along, Belinda.
过来 Belinda
I don’t think it’s too bad. It bled a lot, but it’s not broken.
我认为伤得不重 流了很多血 但是没有骨折
– Thank you, Sheriff. – I didn’t do anything.
– 谢谢你 警长 – 我没帮上什么忙
She managed to get him into town.
是她把他带到镇上
Thank you, Belinda.
谢谢你 Belinda
I’ll go get a towel and a bowl of water.
我去拿一条毛巾和一碗水
Sweetheart, does it hurt?
宝贝儿 疼不疼?
Yeah.

What is it?
怎么了?
Nothing.
没事
I’d best be going.
我得走了
You’re a very brave boy.
你真是个勇敢的孩子
Missie told me about how you took care of Maddy.
Missie告诉我 你是如何照顾Maddy的
How did you know how to get the bleeding to stop?
你是怎么知道止血方法的?
My mama taught me stuff.
我妈妈教我的
She used to be a midwife, so she knew all about fixing people.
她当过助产士 她懂得如何处理意外
At the orphanage there were 300 kids and only one nurse…
在孤儿院有300个孩子 但是只有一个护士…
so I helped out.
所以我也会帮忙
Did you like doing that?
你喜欢那样的工作吗?
Yeah.
是啊
It made me feel good.
那样让我感觉很好
Belinda, have you ever thought about becoming a nurse?
Belinda 你想过当护士吗?
Me, a nurse? I don’t think so.
我 当护士? 没有
Why not?
为什么不呢?
Someone like me can’t do something like that.
我这样的人不适合干那个
What do you mean, someone like you?
什么叫做 你这样的人?
You know.
你懂的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!