Hey, Mr. Bartender!
嗨 Bartender先生!
I’ll see you.
再见
– Come here, darlin! – Read ’em.
– 到这来 亲爱的! – 看看吧
– Sheriff. – Evening, Sheriff.
– 警长 – 晚上好 警长
– Pleasure doin’ business with ya… – Lyin’ cheat!
– 很高兴跟你合作… – 作弊!
Oh, my God!
哦 天呐!
Mama, it’s getting late.
妈妈 时间不早了
Come here by Mama.
到妈妈这儿来
Do you think…
你觉得…
Pa and Kathy are watching over us?
爸和Kathy在看着我们吗?
Yes, sweetheart, I do.
没错 宝贝 我想是的
Is there anything you want to say to them before we go?
趁我们离开之前还有什么话想对他们说吗?
I love you, and I miss you every day.
我爱你们 每一天都非常想念你们
Why don’t you go on ahead? I’ll be there in a minute. Okay?
你先走 我马上就来 好吗?
It seems wrong to leave you here, Willie.
也许不该把你留下 Willie
And I know that you and Kathy will look after each other.
我知道你和Kathy会互相照顾对方的
And no matter how far away I am…
无论我走多远…
you will always be in my heart.
你永远都会在我心里
I’ll see you again.
我会再来看你的
Pa and I are going to Pennsylvania to see my sister and her husband.
爸和我打算到宾夕法尼亚去看望我姐姐和姐夫
– Who are you going to visit? – We’re not visiting anyone.
– 你们准备去看望谁? – 我们谁都不看
We’re going to live with my grandpa and grandma.
我们打算和我外公外婆住一起
You’re leaving home?
你们要搬走?
My pa was the sheriff of Tettsford Junction.
我爸曾是Tettsford Junction的警长
He got himself killed a couple years back.
他在几年前牺牲了
Gosh, I’m sorry to hear that.
天呐 听到这些真难过
Oh, look, Maddy.
哦 快看 Maddy
Hyah!
驾!
Hyah!
驾!
Whoa!
吁!
– Whoa! – Maddy!
– 吁! – Maddy!
Hey, Pa!
嘿 爸!
– I missed you! – Oh, I missed you so much!
– 我真想你! – 哦 我太想你了!
– Come here, young man! – Grandpa!
– 过来 小伙子! – 外公!
Grandma!
外婆!
My, my, my, Maddy. How you have grown.
我的宝贝Maddy 你都长这么大了
And looking more like your father with every year.
而且越来越像你父亲了
Do you really think so, Grandma?
你真的这么认为吗 外婆?
I really do, sweetie.
当然 宝贝
I bet you’re hot and thirsty.
我知道你现在一定又热又渴
– There’s fresh-churned buttermilk inside. – All right!
– 屋里有刚做好的新鲜牛奶 – 太好了!
Welcome home, Missie.
欢迎回家 Missie
It’s good to be home, Mama. I just wish…
回家的感觉真好 妈妈 我只是希望…
I know. I know.
我知道 我都知道
Let’s see what you do now. Your move.
现在看看你该怎么办 该你走了
Yeah, right. King me!
是的 没错 我赢了!
– Somebody’s been practicing. – Yes, I have.
– 看来有人一直在努力练习 – 没错 的确如此
Your father found you a house in town.
你父亲给你在镇上找了一个房♥子
It’s small and it needs some work…
不大而且需要修葺一下…
but it’s near the school and the rent is reasonable.
但是就在学校附近而且租金也不贵
Good. On my teacher’s pay I can’t afford much.
好的 就凭我那点教师薪水也付不起太贵的
I really wish you’d reconsider staying with us…
我真的希望你能再考虑考虑和我们住一起…
at least for a little while.
起码住一小段时间
– Do you need the help, Mama? – No.
– 你需要帮忙么 妈妈? – 不
I really appreciate you and Papa wanting to help me and Maddy.
我真的很感激你和爸爸一直想要帮助我和Maddy
But I need to stand on my own two feet right now.
但是我现在需要靠自己的力量生活才行
Maddy needs to see that even though his daddy’s gone…
Maddy也需要明白虽然他爸爸去世了…
he still has one parent strong enough to take care of him.
可他仍然有一个非常坚强的妈妈可以照顾好他
The other day…
那天…
Maddy asked me what color his father’s eyes were.
Maddy问我他父亲的眼睛是什么颜色的
He couldn’t remember.
他记不清了
Maddy might forget details like that…
Maddy或许忘记了那些细节…
but he won’t forget the things his father did with him or the things Willie taught him.
但他永远都不会忘记他父亲为他做过的事 或Willie曾经教会他的东西
I’m starting to forget little things about Willie too.
我也开始渐渐忘记一些关于Willie的事情了
Like that last morning when we said good-bye.
比如那天早晨我们道别时
Did I kiss him? I think I did, but I don’t remember.
我亲他了吗? 我想我亲了 但我记不起来了
It’s only been three years, Mama.
这才刚过去三年 妈妈
Just like with Maddy, you’ll remember the things that mattered…
就像Maddy一样 你会一直保留着最珍贵的回忆…
like how much you and Willie loved each other.
比如你和Willie有多么相爱
No one will ever love me that way again.
再也不会有人像他那样爱我了
And I will never love anyone else.
我也再不会爱上任何人了
I can’t imagine being truly happy again.
我甚至都不去想象重新快乐起来
That’s how I felt when my first husband died.
那也是我在第一个丈夫死后的感受
And then I met your father.
然后我遇见了你父亲
See, I feel if I were to love someone else…
知道吗 我觉得如果我再去爱别人…
that I would be betraying Willie in some way.
我就在某种程度上背叛了Willie
Willie would want you to be happy.
Willie一定希望你过得快乐
Whoa. Whoa.
吁 吁
It’s gonna take a bit of work, but I can help you out with that, Missie.
它还需要稍微修理一下 但是我会帮你搞定的 Missie
That’s all right, Pa. It’s gonna be just fine.
太好了 爸 它一定会很不错
Maddy. Look what I found.
Maddy 看看我发现了什么
It’s our Christmas star.
这是我们的圣诞之星
I promise you, Maddy, I will make this into a nice place.
我对你保证 Maddy 我会把这儿变得很舒适
It won’t be like home though.
可是这儿不像家
Do you know what makes a house a home?
你知道是什么让一个房♥子变成一个家吗?
No.
不知道
Home is where you’ll always have a place…
家就是一个能让你无限停留…
where you will always feel loved…
永远都能让你感受得到爱…
and where you will never, ever be alone.
永远都不会让你无依无靠的地方
It might not seem like it now, Maddy, but…
可能它现在看起来并不像家 但是 Maddy…
this place will come to feel like home.
它会给你带来家的感觉
Come here.
过来
O Lord, how manifold are your works.
仁慈的上帝 你创造了万物
We thank you for the sun and the rain…
我们感激你赐予阳光和雨露…
which help nourish the crops…
滋养了庄稼…
and help them grow into sustenance for our minds and bodies.
并且为了我们的健康而让它们成熟
In wisdom you have made them all. Amen.
你用智慧创造了这一切 阿门
– Amen! – I have an announcement.
– 阿门! – 我有事要公布
I received this notice from the Children’s Aid Society of New York.
我从纽约儿童救护学会收到了这个通知
And it says, Wanted: Homes for children.
上面说 寻找: 儿童之家
A company of homeless children from the East will arrive on Friday.
有一队来自东部无家可归的孩子们将在星期五到达
These children are of various ages and of both sexes…
这些孩子年龄层次不齐 性别不一…
having been thrown friendless upon the world.
但都已经无依无靠了
We seek good homes with decent families who will love them as their own.
我们在寻找一些愿意把他们当自己孩子看待的善良家庭
Distribution of these children will take place right here at the church.
这些孩子的领养仪式将会在这个教堂举♥行♥
I know I can count on all of you to open your hearts to these precious children of God.
我知道你们会对这些受上帝眷顾的孩子们敞开心扉的
God bless you all.
上帝保佑你们!
Pastor Joe! Hi!
Joe牧师! 你好!
– Well, I’ve heard a lot about you, Missie. – Oh. All good, I trust.
– 嗯 我听说了很多关于你的事情 Missie – 哦 都是好事 我相信
Your father thinks the world of you.
你父亲把你看做他的全部
Seems we’re neighbors.
看来我们是邻居
My husband and I are just two farms away from your new house.
我丈夫和我就住在离你新家两块地远的地方
All right. See you tomorrow morning!
好的 明早见!
– Pastor. – Ah, Mrs. Pettis.
– 牧师 – 哈 Pettis太太
– Morning, Sheriff. – Sheriff.
– 早上好 警长 – 警长
We missed you at Sunday services today.
我在今天的主日崇拜上没见到你
Clara!
Clara啊!
– He should be comin! – That’s his choice.
– 他应该去的! – 他有权自己决定
I know. I know.
我知道 我知道
– We’ll see ya. – Bye.
– 再会 – 再会
Sheriff Tyler couldn’t be bothered to attend church.
Tyler警长不该不来教堂礼拜的
Again.
再一次
Well, he’s pretty busy keeping the peace.
嗯 他为了维持治安东奔西走 非常忙
We should be going, Mrs. Pettis.
我们该走了 Pettis太太
Well, it looks like your husband had a reason for not showing his face in church as well.
嗯 看上去你丈夫也找到不来教堂的理由了
There is much work to be done on the farm…
农场里有太多的活要干…
and we can’t afford hired help.
况且我们又付不起雇佣金
If my husband doesn’t do the work, we don’t eat come winter.
如果我丈夫不干的话 我们就没法维持到冬天
Good day, ma’am. I’m Sheriff Tyler.
你好 太太 我是Tyler警长
Hello, Sheriff. I’m Mrs. LaHaye.
你好 警长 我是Lahaye太太