I did what I came for. Did you?
我心愿已了 是吗?
Came home, saw my pa.
回家 见我爸
Are you sure that’s who you really needed to face?
你确定他是你一定要见的人吗?
I should be on my way.
我该走了
Our doors will always be open to you, Willie…
我们的门永远为你敞开 Willie…
and our prayers will be with you.
我们为你祈祷
Mattie, wake up.
Mattie 醒醒
Come on, Mattie. Quit foolin’.
拜托 Mattie 别闹了
Mattie?
Mattie啊?
No. Mattie.
不 Mattie
Mattie, come on.
Mattie 起来
Come on, Mattie. Wake up. No.
快点 Mattie 醒醒 不
No.! Mattie!
不! Mattie!
Mattie!
Mattie啊!
Mattie! No!
Mattie! 不!
Mattie.
Mattie啊
No. Mattie.
不 Mattie
Mattie.
Mattie啊
It was my fault, Mattie.
都是我的错 Mattie
I was supposed to protect you, and I didn’t.
我该保护你的 但我没有
I didn’t want it to happen.
我没想到会这样
You slipped away, and I didn’t even know.
你离开的时候 我甚至都没感觉到
You were so brave, and I didn’t even get to tell you.
你是这么的勇敢 我还没来得及告诉你
I’m sorry, Mattie.
对不起 Mattie
Please forgive me.
请原谅我
After you. Thank you.
你先 谢谢
Grant.
哦 Grant
I’ve never seen anything like it.
我从没见过这些东西
It’s just like a real home.
看起来就像一个真正的家
It is my home.
这就是我的家
The tent goes up wherever I am.
到哪儿我都会搭起这个帐篷
I don’t see any purpose in depriving myself…
我已经习惯了这种生活方式 感觉非常舒适…
of the comforts I’ve become accustomed to.
我找不到理由放弃它
You travel with all these books?
你带着所有的书旅行?
Books… and music.
书… 还有音乐
Honor me with a dance.
赏光同我跳舞吧
You’re an excellent partner. Thank you. My father taught me.
你真是个优秀的舞伴 谢谢 我父亲教我的
Missie, I…
Missie 我…
I’m not generally a man who thinks much past the next site I’m working…
我不是那种会想很多的人 到了新的工作地方 就不会再想起过去…
but, since we’ve met, I’ve found myself daydreaming about a future with you.
但是 自从我遇见你 我便梦想着未来有你的生活
What do you see for us in your dreams?
在你的梦里 我们的未来是什么样的?
Well, I see us traveling and exploring together.
嗯 我看见我们一起旅行 探索
Midnight picnics under a canopy of the brightest stars…
夜空里漫天星辰下的午夜野餐…
or dining in the finest hotels.
或者高档酒店里宴会
A life brimming with anything and everything you could ever want.
就是想要什么就有什么的生活
That life sounds like a fairy tale.
听起来就像童话
That life could be ours.
这会是我们的生活
You would never have to turn a spade in soil again or…
你再也不需要拿着铁铲翻土…
or toil at planting your own food.
或者辛苦种植自己的食物
And if I did have to plant and plow…
如果我必须去田里耕作…
do you see yourself right there beside me?
你能否想象自己在旁边陪着我?
You’re missing my point. I wouldn’t have to be there…
你没听懂我说的 我用不着在那儿…
because no wife of mine would ever struggle…
因为我的妻子是不用到田里的…
if even for an hour, in a field.
即使是一个小时
I’m a very wealthy man.
我很有钱
What’s wrong?
怎么了?
I just always thought my first kiss should be for the man I marry.
我想我的初吻应该留给我的丈夫
Then marry me.
那就嫁给我
Missie, you don’t want to say no to a man…
Missie 你不会想拒绝…
who’s offering to save you from a life of adversity.
一个将你从糟糕生活中拯救出来的人吧
I’m saying no to a man who doesn’t think adversity…
我会拒绝一个不认为苦难…
is something to get through together.
是需要两个人共同去克服的人
It’s just not real, Grant.
这太不现实 Grant
I’ll tell you what’s real.
我来告诉你什么是现实
You’ve just given up the chance of a lifetime.
你错过了一个一生难得的机会
I can have any heart I want.
我能拥有任何女子的心
Until now.
现在不是了
I’m sorry, Grant.
对不起 Grant
I’ll get someone to take you home.
我会让人送你回家
God bless you.
上帝保佑你
Nate. Hi.
Nate 嗨
Actually, I’m Willie… Nathan LaHaye.
实际上 我是Willie… Nathan LaHaye
Willie LaHaye. You were the boy…
Willie LaHaye 你就是那个…
that stole my hair ribbons and dipped my braids in ink.
偷了我发带 把我的辫子浸到墨水里的男孩
And then when your brother…
当你弟弟…
And then you were gone.
你就走了
So, why didn’t you tell me who you were?
那么 为什么以前不告诉我你是谁?
I’ve been Nate for years to strangers.
我已经多年以Nate的身份面对其他人了
Guess I wasn’t ready to be Willie again…
我想我还没准备好做回Willie…
un… until now.
直到… 直到现在
Well, you don’t look like anything I remember.
为什么我一点都认不出你了
Oh. I was just a boy when I left.
哦 我离开的时候还只是个男孩
It’s been a while. People change.
这是相当长的一段时间 人会改变
They do.
确实
Well, how about your Pa? Have you seen him?
你♥爸♥怎么样? 你见过他了吗?
I’ve seen him…
我已经见过他…
but he’s not ready to see me.
但他还没有准备好见我
Well, you know, I wanted to thank you for all you did for my family…
你知道 我非常感激你对我家做的一切…
but you… you left without saying good-bye.
但你… 你没有说声再见就走了
Had some thinkin’ to do, some things to get right.
有些事情 有些事情要处理
I’m grateful to you and your family…
我也很感谢你和你的家人…
for helping me put down a burden…
帮助我 让我卸下心中包袱…
that I’ve been carryin’ for a long time.
我已经背负太久了
Actually, I’m… I’m headed for the West.
现在 我… 准备去西部
You’ve got land to farm?
你有自己的土地了吗?
No. Not yet. When I do claim my land…
不 还没有 如果我有了自己的土地…
it’ll be for raising cattle, not crops.
我会放牧 不会种地
I worked on a couple cattle ranches, and it’s what suits me.
我在一些牧场里干过 那很适合我
The thing is, I came by today…
那个 我今天来…
because I didn’t want to make the same mistake.
因为我不想再犯同样的错
I wanted to see you and, um…
我想见你 呃…
and give these back to you.
把这个还给你
My ribbons.
我的发带
You kept them all these years?
这么多年你一直留着?
Probably seems silly to you.
可能你觉得有点傻
No, not silly.
不 不傻
It’s sweet.
很感人
Well, anyway, that’s what I came for…
好吧 就这样 我来…
to give you those and…
给你这个…
to say good-bye.
还有说声再见
Bye.
再见
Never despise meager beginnings.
不可轻视微不足道的开端
Wait!
等等!
Willie.
Willie啊
Willie.
Willie啊
I was just wondering if, um…
我刚在想如果 呃…
Are cattle ranchers tied to the seasons the same way farmers are?
牧民和农民的季节周期是一样的吗?
No, not in the same way, I suppose.
不 不一样 我想
So, would it make a difference if you leave now or leave later?
所以你现在走或是以后再走没什么不同 是吧?
I guess not.
我想没有
After all the work you did plowing and planting our fields…
你帮我们干了那么多地里的活…
it would be a shame for you to miss the harvest and not collect your pay.
如果错过丰收时节 而且没拿到报酬那就太可惜了
And I make really good corn bread pudding…
等那些玉米去皮之后…
once the sweet corn’s shucked.
我做的玉米面包布丁非常好吃…
I’ll bet that fella Grant Thomas will really like that.
我打赌Grant Thomas那家伙一定会很喜欢
Yes, I bet he will…
是啊 我想他会的…
if he finds someone to make it for him.
如果有人会为他做
It won’t be me.
但不会是我
I guess I could postpone my trip long enough to be here for the harvest.
我想我可以推迟我的行程 等丰收之后再走
Good.
好的