The advantage of being raised in the West and educated by a woman from the East.
这就是在西部成长又由一个来自东部的女人教养的好处了
Um, my mother died when I was just a child…
嗯 在我还是个孩子的时候我母亲就去世了…
and my father ended up marrying a woman from the East.
然后我爸后来和一个来自东部的女人结婚了
Oh, no! Oh, I’m so clumsy.
哦 不! 哦 我真是笨手笨脚
No, no. Not at all. Missie. No, Missie.
不 不 没关系的 Missie 没事 Missie
I know they’re expensive. I can pay him back. Missie. Missie.
我知道这些都是很贵的 我要赔给他 Missie Missie
The crystal is mine… as are the plates.
这些水晶杯是我的… 这些碟子也是
They are easily replaced. Now sit.
很容易就能换新的 现在你先坐下
They’re yours? I wanted the table to be perfect…
这些是你的东西? 我希望桌上能够完美…
so I had my man, John, bring them over this morning.
所以我让John在今天早上把这些带过来了
Don’t worry another moment. I have 20 more crystal glasses just like that one at home.
别再担心了 我还有20个和这个一样的水晶杯在家里呢
Twenty more. Yes.
还有20个 是的
And I would happily let you crack each and every one…
而且我会很高兴地让你打碎每一个…
if you’ll dine with me 20 more times.
如果你愿意再和我进餐20次
Maybe next time we’ll have to have a picnic instead.
也许下次我们就不得不去野餐了
You can leave all your crystal at home.
这样你就能把所有的水晶杯留在家里了
I’m already planning the menu.
我已经安排好菜单了
This is potatoes with scrambled eggs.
这是土豆炒鸡蛋
Just like you always used to have.
和你以前爱吃的一样
Oh, that wasn’t me. That was Matt…
噢 那不是我 那是Matt…
Mattie.
Mattie
I hate to waste good food.
我讨厌浪费好好的食物
You know, Pa, I could probably eat some of this.
不过 爸 我可以吃一些这个的
Just don’t do me any favors, Willie.
不要帮我 Willie
It ain’t gonna break my heart if you don’t eat the eggs.
你不吃这些鸡蛋也不会让我心碎的
Really, Pa, I could eat some of that.
是真的 爸 我可以吃一些的
Well, you’re gonna eat nothin’ now.
好了 你现在什么也不用吃了
I mean, six years since I seen or heard from you.
我想说 我已经6年没有见过你 也没有你的消息了
I guess I’m entitled to forget a few things.
我想我有资格忘记一些事情吧
Oh, Pa.
噢 爸
I’m sorry I left like I did.
我很抱歉我就那样离开了
Well, at least your ma had the guts…
嗯 你妈至少还有勇气…
to tell me to my face she was leavin’.
来当面告诉我她要离开
You know what happened to her? No.
你知道她出了什么事吗? 不知道
Then I guess you’re a lot like your mama.
我猜你和你妈妈很像
Well, I’m here now.
好了 现在我在这里了
I came back to set things right.
我回来挽回一切了
I hope you could… What can I do? I could pretend none of this ever happened?
我希望你可以… 我可以做些什么? 我可以假装这一切都没有发生吗?
I’m not asking you to pretend nothin’, Pa.
我并不是要你假装没事 爸
I’m asking you to forgive me. You want me to forgive you?
我是想要你原谅我 你要我原谅你?
Maybe you should forget you still have a son.
也许你应该忘记自己还有一个儿子
Yes. We’ll take three of those, okay? Yes.
好 我们买♥♥3个吧 好吗? 好的
Yes, please.
好 麻烦你了
That will be fine.
这样就行了
We’ll try these ones.
我们要试试这些
My goodness.
我的上帝
You make him sound like a fictional hero from one of your novels.
你说得他就像你小说里虚构的英雄
Grant is educated… and handsome…
Grant很有教养… 而且英俊…
attentive.
又专注
He’s traveled all over for his job…
因为工作 他到处旅行…
and seen places I’ve only read about.
然后见识过那些我只在书里读到过的地方
Just remember…
但你要记住…
that God has written his own story for you.
上帝已经为你写好了他的故事
And it’s not the feelings of your heart that it should be based upon…
那故事并不会以你心中的感觉为基础…
but… rather the thoughts of your heart that you need to hear…
而是… 会以那些你必须听见的你心中的想法为基础
that inner voice that tells you…
那来自内心的声音会告诉你…
that this man will care for you no matter what…
不管发生什么 这个男人都将关爱你…
that he’ll still want to kiss you when you’re old and gray…
当你衰老失去美貌时 他依然愿意吻你…
tend to you when you’re sick, honor you.
当你生病时 他还是愿意亲近你 尊敬你
And if the thoughts of my heart say yes, he is the one?
那如果我心底的想法承认的话 他就是对的人了?
Then you should trust your instincts and pledge your heart to him…
到那时你应该相信自己的直觉 并且将自己的心许诺给他…
because a man like that is as rare as a diamond in the rough.
因为那样的一个男人就和天然的钻石一样罕见
Like Pa.
就像爸
Yes. Like your pa.
是的 就像你♥爸♥
Aaron said he saw you packin’ up your horse.
Aaron说他看见你在收拾打点你的马儿
You plannin’ on goin’ somewhere?
你计划着要去哪里吗?
Took your advice. I saw my pa.
接受了你的建议 我和我爸见面了
I figured that’s where you were.
我估计你是和他见过面了
According to him, I ruined his life.
他认为 我毁了他的生活
I’m sorry that it didn’t work out the way you hoped, Willie.
我很遗憾事情没能像你希望的那样解决 Willie
I really thought your father was ready to make amends with you.
我真的以为你♥爸♥已经准备好要补偿你的
He’ll never be ready to do that.
他永远不会准备好的
He’ll never forgive me.
他永远不会原谅我
You’re his son.
你是他的儿子啊
Not anymore.
再也不是了
You wanna talk about it?
你愿意谈一谈吗?
Talkin’ about it don’t change anything.
谈一谈也不会改变什么
Sometimes, just talkin’ it through…
有时候 只要全部讲出来…
it’ll help you see things in a whole different light.
能够帮助你用一个完全不同的视角看待事情
There ain’t no light in the world that’d make this better.
这世上再不会有什么视角能让这事好起来了
Can’t hurt to try.
试试也无妨嘛
Unless you’re afraid.
除非是你在害怕
I used to set traps for Pa.
我曾经帮我爸设捕兽陷阱
Mattie was always after me to let him come along.
Mattie总是缠着我要让他一起来
I didn’t want him to. I just figured he’d slow me down.
我并不想让他来 我认为他会拖慢我的
I didn’t want him to.
我不想让他来的
I just figured he’d get in the way.
我只是认为他会妨碍我
But Mattie had a way about him.
但是Mattie对他很有办法
He knew just how to get Ma and Pa to let him have his way.
他知道怎么样让爸妈同意
When are we gonna set the first trap, Willie?
我们要什么时候才设第一个陷阱呢 Willie?
When I find the right place.
等我找到了合适的地方就设
When are we gonna eat the food Mama sent? When we get hungry.
我们什么时候才吃妈妈准备的食物呢? 等我们饿了的时候
How do you know when it’s the right time for the traps?
你怎么知道什么时候才适合设陷阱呢?
Can’t you hush up for just two seconds?
你就不能闭嘴吗?
I can’t concentrate with you yammering on and on.
你不停的废话让我都没办法集中精力了
I don’t know how I lost track of the day.
我不知道那天是怎么迷路的
Guess I was just so intent…
我一心想着…
on gettin’ those traps… set so Pa would know…
想着把那些陷阱… 设好 这样爸就会知道…
what a good trapper I really was.
我是一个多么棒的捕兽者
Thinkin’ back, I don’t know how I couldn’t see…
现在想想 我不知道为什么没有觉察到…
how tired and worried Mattie was.
Mattie当时是多么的疲劳和恐惧
I’m cold, and it’s getting dark.
我觉得很冷 天马上就黑了
Don’t you think we’d better head back?
你不觉得我们该回去了吗?
I got one more trap to set.
还要再设个陷阱
Mama’s gonna be worried.
妈妈会担心的
Hush. Gotta make this last trap count.
嘘 最后一个也得能一击即中
Pa’s dependin’ on me.
爸可指望着我
It was like a curtain dropped over the sun.
夜幕瞬间把太阳遮住了
One minute, I could see where I was goin’…
前一分钟 我还能确定前进的方向…
and the next minute it got so dark…
一转眼 眼前就一片漆黑…
I couldn’t make out the right way to go.
就找不到正确的路了
I’m so sorry, Mattie. I should have listened to you.
实在是抱歉 Mattie 我该听你的
There’s no way I can get us home in the dark.
这么黑我们没法找到回家的路
May… Maybe Pa will come find us.
可… 可能 爸会来找我们
Maybe. More than likely, we’ll just have to wait out the night…
可能吧 不过我们更可能要在这里过夜…
set out home at first light.
等天一亮我们就回家
I’m awful cold, Willie.
我快冷死了 Willie
Here. Stay close to me, and I’ll…
过来 靠紧我 我会…
I’ll keep you wa… warm.
我会让你感觉暖… 暖点
Thanks, Willie.
谢谢 Willie
“Thanks, Willie.”
“谢谢 Willie”
The kid was shiverin’ and shaking in the cold, and he says thanks.
他冻得浑身发抖 然后和我说谢谢
Then what happened?
然后呢?
Then…
然后…
Then he, uh…
然后 他 呃…
You know.
你知道
I was right.
没错
Talkin’ about it doesn’t change anything.
再说也改变不了什么
Plowin’s about done.
耕作就要结束了
I think it’s time I moved on.
我想我该继续前进了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!