Come on.
过去吧
I can’t believe it.
我简直不敢相信
Someone you know?
你认识他?
Someone I never thought I’d see again.
我从没想过能再见到他
Good afternoon, Missie.
下午好 Missie
Good afternoon, Grant.
下午好 Grant
I was worried when you didn’t show up at the restaurant.
没看到你来餐厅我很担心
It took every bit of my surveying equipment to find you.
我用了所有的方法才找到你
Actually, I hope you don’t mind, but I took the liberty of asking around in town.
事实上我希望你不要介意 我自作主张在镇上打听你
I had planned to be there. My pa had an accident and was quite ill.
我想去的 但是我爸出了意外 伤势很严重
Is he all right? He’s still recovering…
他还好吗? 他还在康复阶段…
but I think the worst is behind him.
但是最糟糕的已经过去了
Well, I’m so glad.
那太好了
This is Nate. He’s been working for my pa since his accident.
这位是Nate 自从我爸出了意外 他一直在这里工作
This is Grant Thomas.
这位是Grant Thomas
We had a mishap with some bees. I’m a mess.
我们刚跟蜜蜂出了点意外 看起来很乱
A beautiful mess. If you don’t mind my saying so.
凌乱也是美啊 请别介意我这么说
Would you like to meet my folks? I mean, my pa might be sleeping, but…
你想见见我的家人吗? 我的意思是 我爸可能在睡觉 但是…
Well, I don’t wanna disturb them with this unannounced visit.
嗯 我不想没预先通知就打扰他们
But if it’s all right, I’d like to come back and do things the right and proper way.
但是如果可以的话 我想先回去 然后较为正式地来进行这件事
Things? Yes.
这件事? 是的
I’d like to ask his permission to court his daughter, if that’s all right with you?
我想请求他同意把他的女儿嫁给我 如果你愿意的话
Yes. That would be fine with me.
没有 我没意见
Then I’ll look forward to my next conversation with him when he’s feeling up to it.
那我就期待他康复后的会面吧
It’s nice to meet you, Nate.
认识你很高兴 Nate
I’ll see you soon.
我们很快就会再见的
All right, John.
走吧 John
Mama sent me to get you. She’s got supper ready.
妈妈让我来叫你一声 她已经做好晚饭了
I’m not real hungry.
我还不饿
But thank her for me anyway. All right.
不过还是替我谢谢她 好的
I could bring you something for later. No.
晚点我可以给你带点吃的过来 不必了
But you, uh… you can do something for me.
不过你 呃… 你可以为我做件事
Give this to your pa. He’s gonna need it to get around.
把这个交给你♥爸♥ 他走动时会需要这个的
A sturdy piece of oak.
一截坚硬的橡木
I know how much he’ll appreciate it.
他会非常感激的
Good night.
晚安
Whoa. Whoa.
吁 吁
Good to see you up.
见到你能起身走动了真好
I just wanted to thank you for making this fancy cane for me.
我只想谢谢你为我做了这个奇特的手杖
Mighty thoughtful of you. I know what a chore it can be to get around at first.
你真的非常体贴 我知道刚开始走动时会有多麻烦
You had some experience with a bum leg yourself?
你自己也有过腿脚不便的经历吗?
My pa. He needed a cane for months.
是我爸有过 他曾有几个月要依赖手杖
Best if I get the horses brushed and fed.
我最好去刷一下这些马儿 再给它们点吃的
All right then.
好的
How was your walk?
散步感觉如何?
Felt good to get out for a while. Thanks to you.
出去走一会儿感觉真好 托你的福呐
I went back to that spot in the woods where I had my accident.
我走回到林子里我出事故的那个地方
Woods are nice and green this time of year.
每年的这个时节 林子都是翠绿而茂盛的
Yep. Fella could get lost in those trees if he wanted to.
对 小家伙们极容易在那些树木间迷失方向
Willie.
你叫Willie
How long have you known?
你知道多久了?
Boy does a lot of growing and changing in his teen years.
男孩在成长的那几年会改变很多
When you told me about your pa’s leg, well, that kind of confirmed it for me.
当你和我说到你♥爸♥的腿时 嗯 那让我更确认了
My middle name’s Nathan. Nate.
我的教名是Nathan 也就是Nate
Been using it for years ’cause I thought if I changed my name I could change my past.
那名字已经用了好多年了 因为我想如果改掉自己的名字 我就能改变自己的过去了
Hmm.

How’s that working out for you, son?
那对你来说有用吗 孩子?
Most days it seems like the past is breathing down my neck…
大多数时候 过去好像紧追着我不放…
reminding me I’m Willie.
提醒着我 我是Willie
Even in a roomful of folks who call me Nate.
即使是在满屋子称呼我Nate的人中间也是如此
Your family had a lot to deal with…
你的家人有许多需要处理的事…
and it must’ve been awful hard.
而且那肯定是非常艰难的
When a tragedy…
当悲剧…
happens…
发生的时候…
a real family pulls together.
一个真正的家庭会齐心协力
I mean, mine ripped apart.
我想说的是 我的家庭却是分崩离析
My ma, she…
我妈 她…
grieved herself crazy, and she went back East.
悲痛不已 然后回到了东部
My pa, he just quit. So I left home six years ago.
我爸 就只是撒手了 所以我在六年前离开了家
I imagine you got your reasons for coming back now.
我想你现在找到了回来的理由了
I got some things that need to be said.
有些事情我需要说出来
Then I came close to going home, and I couldn’t face my pa.
然后我都差不多回到家了 却没办法面对我爸
Not after I left like I did.
在那样逃离后 我无法面对
And then you found… Aaron and me.
然后你就发现了… Aaron和我
Yes, you did.
是的 你发现了我们
I saw your pa today, son.
今天我看见你♥爸♥了 孩子
I don’t know what happened between you two.
我不知道你们之间发生过什么
I do know you’re never going to step out of the shadow of your past until you see him.
我只知道你只有见到他之后 才能够走出你过往的阴影
Did you… Did you tell him about me?
你… 你有和他说起我吗?
That’s not up to me.
这不应该由我决定
He probably doesn’t even wanna see me.
也许他根本就不想要见到我
I saw a man with a face full of regret.
我看见了一个满脸悔恨的人
Seeing you. Talking to you.
远远地看着你 和你说话
That might help him put his past to rest.
那也许能帮他放下他的过往
I suppose you think I’m a coward for running the way I did.
我想你肯定认为我是个懦夫 我就那样跑掉了
The way a man grieves, that’s a personal thing.
你是那样伤心 那是你个人的事情
But I do know there are times…
但我的确认为有些时候…
when a man can be driven to take a trip in search of answers.
一个人会被迫去进行一次找寻答案的旅行
And if that man doesn’t find the answer he’s looking for?
要是那个人没有找到他要找寻的答案呢?
Most often we’re not looking for answers. We’re in need of comfort.
很多时候我们并不是在找寻答案 我们只是需要安慰
And for me, the only trip worth taking is when I kneel to pray…
对我来说 唯一值得进行的旅程就是当我跪下祷告时…
All the comfort I could ever ask for is right there.
所有我要找寻的安慰都在那里了
In God.
在我们信仰的上帝那里
You’ll be fine, son.
你会好起来的 孩子
Oh, yes. Of course.
哦 好的 当然好的
What’s your business here?
你来是有什么事吗?
Pa, it’s me, Willie.
爸 是我 Willie
Oh, my.
哦 我的天
I guess you would be old enough to have whiskers by now.
我想你现在已经大到长出络腮胡了
Yes, sir.
是的
I’m gonna make some coffee. You want a cup?
我要去冲点咖啡 你也来一杯吧?
Coffee would be good.
咖啡很不错
Maybe I’ll fix some eggs.
也许我该弄点鸡蛋
I found your parents to be very gracious about our lunch together.
我觉得你父母对我们一块吃午餐这事显得很通情达理
Back East, young women must often be accompanied by a chaperone.
在东部 年轻女士通常都要由一个伴护人陪同的
Mothers and sisters are too busy with their tasks of the day…
妈妈们和姐♥妹♥们♥都忙于家务和农活…
to spend time chaperoning.
没有时间来陪同的
If you don’t mind my saying so, Mr. Thomas…
如果您不介意的话 我想说 Thomas先生…
the entire town is very happy…
全镇人都非常高兴…
that your family’s bringing the railroad right past our doors.
因为你们家把铁路带到了我们家门口
Glad to hear we have the support of the community.
知道我们拥有公众的支持真让人高兴
Oh, um, the cook is preparing that special chicken dish that you requested.
哦 嗯 厨师正在准备您点的那道鸡肉特色菜
Well, whenever you’re ready for your first course, just signal me.
那么 您什么时候要上第一道菜了 请示意我吧
Very good. I thought you were a surveyor.
很好 我以为你是个测量员
I am. When your family owns the business…
我是的 当你的家庭经营事业…
it’s only smart to know every aspect of it.
唯一明智的做法就是去了解那项事业的每个方面
I hope you find everything to your satisfaction.
我希望这一切都让你满意
Well, everything’s so lovely…
嗯 一切都是那么令人愉快…
the table linens, the crystal, the beautiful Aubusson china.
这些餐布 这些水晶杯 这些漂亮的Aubusson瓷器
You know the pattern? Her Majesty’s Filigree.
你认得这些图案? 皇家的金银丝工艺
See, the scroll designs along the rim give it elegance…
看 这些沿着边缘的卷绕图案让它看起来很典雅…
and the raised accents make it unique.
而浮雕的突出又让它很别致
I spend an exorbitant amount of time reading.
我花了大量的时间阅读这方面的书籍
Hey! Hey!
嘿! 嘿!
I believe that’s our lunch. Pardon. Sorry, sir.
我想那是我们的午餐 我失陪一会儿 抱歉 先生
Excuse me.
请借过一下
I’m terribly sorry.
我真是非常抱歉
Here you go, sir.
这给你 先生
Thank you.
谢谢
A connoisseur of knowledge and a chicken-wrangler.
一个鉴赏行家和一个捉鸡人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!