Are you really here with me?
你真的在这儿陪着我吗?
I’m here. And you’ll never leave me?
我真的在这儿 你永远都不会离开我?
Never.
绝不
Promise? Promise.
你发誓? 我发誓
How can I be certain?
我为什么要相信你?
Because the two shall become one.
因为我们必须不离不弃
What a wonderful life you’ve given me, Clark.
你给了我一段多么美好的人生 Clark
What a wonderful life we’ve made together.
我们共同创造了一段多么美好的人生
Lord, we’re grateful that the soil is warm and ready to be planted.
感谢上帝 赐予我们温暖而富饶的土地
And we ask that this season’s crop be bountiful.
我们祈求您让这个季节有个好收成
We thank you for this nourishment before us.
我们感激您赐予我们眼前的食物
Bless it to our bodies and bless this day. Amen.
保佑我们身体健康 保佑今天安然无恙 阿门
Amen.
阿门
Hey, where’s Missie?
嘿 Missie呢?
I thank you again and again for the honor you’ve done me in your proposals…
承蒙不弃 向我求婚 我真是感激不尽…
but to accept them is absolutely impossible.
但要我接受 是绝对不可能的
I mean, my feelings in every respect forbid it.
我感情上怎么也办不到
Now, can I speak any plainer?
难道我说得不够明白吗?
Hyah! Hyah!
驾! 驾!
And I think I’m old enough to be riding by myself to school.
我觉得我已经到了可以自己骑马去上学的年龄了
Charlie’s a good horse, and he don’t like standing around all day with nothing to do.
Charlie是匹好马 它不喜欢成天无所事事
How do you know he don’t like standing around?
你怎么知道它不喜欢成天无所事事
From Charlie. Hyah!
Charlie自己说的 驾!
Hey. That was Missie…
嗨 那不是Missie吗…
on Charlie.
骑着Charlie
I believe it was.
我想没错儿
Hyah!
驾!
Take your seats and get out your reading primers.
都坐下 然后把你们的初级读本拿出来
Quickly, please.
稍微快一点 好吗
All right. Daniel, please start reading from the top of page 25.
好的 Daniel 请你从第25页开头开始读
Just makin’ sure the teacher made it here safely.
我只是想确定一下老师是否平安到达
Well, here I am, safe and sound.
嗯 我在这儿了 平安到达且毫发无伤
I would appreciate it, though, if you made sure that Arnie and Aaron got here on time.
但是如果您能确保Arnie和Aaron以后能按时上课的话 我将不胜感激
It’s disruptive to the rest of the class when they enter late.
他们迟到会打扰到其他同学上课
Well, I think they’re gonna be here on time from now on.
呃 我想他们从今往后都会按时到达
You have a very nice day, Miss Davis.
祝你一天顺利 Davis小姐
All right, Daniel. Yes, ma’am.
好的 Daniel 是 女士
Get on up. Ho.
停下 吁
How you doin’, Zeke? Gettin’ by.
你还好吗 Zeke? 就那么回事儿
I just took the boys to school. Late again.
我刚送儿子们去上学 又迟到了
I’ll tell you, though, I wish they’d stay young forever.
可是我要告诉你 我希望他们能永远年轻
How old’s that boy of yours now?
你儿子现在多大了?
He’ll be 10 on his next birthday.
他再过一个生日就10岁了
And the younger one? Arnie? He’s seven.
小的那个呢? 你说Arnie? 他7岁了
He’s got it in his head, though, that one of these days…
可是他已经想了很久 有一天…
he and Aaron are going to swap places and he’s gonna be the older brother.
他可以和Aaron换一下位置让他当哥哥
Yeah, well.
没错 嗯
Boys sure are full of big ideas.
男孩们肯定都会满怀壮志
Yeah.
是啊
Any word from your boy?
你儿子有音讯吗?
Well, like you said…
嗯 就像你说的…
boys are full of big ideas.
男孩们总是满怀壮志
Lunch.
该吃午餐了
No. Get your own.
不 吃你自己的
I was wondering if you’d do me a favor, Clara.
如果你能帮我一个忙 我将非常高兴 Clara
I’m just not hungry today, but I don’t want my lunch to go to waste.
我今天一点都不饿 但是我不想浪费我的午餐
Maybe you’d eat it for me? I’d like to help you, Miss Davis.
你可以替我吃了它么? 我很愿意帮助你 Davis小姐
Thank you, Clara.
谢谢你 Clara
I’ll be stepping out for a few minutes.
我出去一下
Charlotte will be in charge while I’m gone…
我不在的时候Charlotte负责管理班级…
and she’ll report to me the names of anyone breaking any class rules in my absence.
她会向我报告是谁趁我不在时破坏了班规
Anyone.
任何一个人
I got it level.
我对准了
Give the men a break for lunch. I’ll be back.
让大家休息一下吃午餐吧 我马上回来
You’re the boss. All right, that’s lunch.
你是老板你说了算 好吧 午餐时间到了
Is this a private lunch or can anyone dine here?
这是私人午餐呢 还是可以有人加入一起享用?
I hope I didn’t startle you.
我希望我没吓着你
No.
没有
I’m Grant Thomas.
我是Grant Thomas
Missie Davis.
我是Missie Davis
Well, Missie Davis…
嗯 Missie Davis…
I have surveyed hundreds of miles of land west of the Mississippi…
我在密西西比西部考察了上百英里…
but today is the first time I’ve ever seen anything as pretty as you…
但今天是我在我测量仪的取景器里第一次看见…
in the viewfinder of my transit.
你这样迷人的风景
I was picking berries.
我刚正摘葡萄
Not a very substantial midday meal, if you don’t mind my saying so.
恕我直言 这可不是正儿八经的午餐
Did you say you have a transit?
你刚说你有测量仪?
Yes. It’s a device used to measure the…
没错 它是用来测量…
Horizontal and vertical angles of the land.
地表水平和垂直方向的角度
That’s right. And you have one close by?
完全正确 你的仪器就在附近吗?
Would you like to see?
你想去看看么?
Would you like to look? Mmhmm.
你想看看吗? 是的
Allow me. Thank you.
请让我来吧 谢谢
That’s amazing. Hmm.
太不可思议了 嗯
What are you all doing here?
你们在这儿都做些什么?
Follow me.
跟我来
We work for the Continental Railroad Company. It’s our job to survey the lines…
我们为欧洲铁路公♥司♥效力 我们的任务就是勘测路线…
to find the best and shortest routes for the men who lay the tracks.
为建造铁路的人找到最好且最短的路程
That’s a Vernier solar compass. It shows us which direction is true north.
那是微调太阳罗盘仪 它能告诉我们哪个方向才是正北方
I’ve read about equipment like this.
我曾经看到过关于这些器材的介绍
I know you said you’re not hungry, but…
我知道你说你并不饿 但是…
maybe you’d consider joining me for lunch.
你是否愿意考虑与我共进午餐
I’m sorry. I really have to go. I’m late.
抱歉 我真的要走了 我要迟到了
Late?
迟到?
Thanks.
谢谢
Are you sure you have to go? I’m afraid so.
你确定要离开吗? 我想是的
But it was nice to meet you, and good luck with all your work here.
但是认识你真的很开心 祝你在这儿一切顺利
Let me in.
让我进去
Let me in.
快让我进去
I know you’re responsible for this, Brian Murphy.
我知道是你干的 Brian Murphy
Get off this door. I’m giving you one last chance.
快开门 我给你最后一次机会
Fine, have it your way. I’m leaving and coming back with your pa.
好吧 这是你自己的选择 我现在就要去把你♥爸♥找来
I’m sorry. I assure you it isn’t my desire to startle you every time we meet.
对不起 我保证我不是真心想每次见面都要惊吓到你
No. It’s fine. I was just about to go in and teach a class.
不 没关系 我刚正准备进去上课
I’m the teacher.
我是老师
Well, I don’t mean to hold you up, but you left this.
嗯 我并不想打扰你 但是你落下了这个
Thank you.
谢谢
I understand now why you couldn’t accept my invitation for lunch.
我现在理解为什么刚才你不能接受我的邀请一起吃午餐了
So maybe you’ll accept my next invitation to dine with me for lunch?
那么你是否愿意接受我下一个共进午餐的邀请呢?
A week from Saturday? It’s not a school day.
下周六? 那天不用上课
Unless you have a steady beau. No.
除非你有男朋友 不
No, you won’t dine with me? No. I mean, no, I don’t have a steady beau.
不 你不愿接受我的邀请? 不是 我是说 没有 我没有男朋友
Oh. Yes. I would be delighted to dine with you.
哦 好的 我很高兴能和你一起吃饭
Wonderful. I hear the hotel dining room has the best food in town.
太好了 我听说旅馆的餐厅是镇上最好的
I could arrange for transportation.
我会安排接送你
Oh, no. That’s all right. I’ll meet you there.
哦 不用了 没关系 我可以自己去那儿见你
Around noon? Noon would be perfect.
在中午? 中午是最好的时候
Better get back to my class.
现在我最好还是回去上课
All right. Good-bye.
好的 再见
Good-bye.
再见
And this handsome and mysterious stranger rides up on this mighty steed…
这个骑着骏马 英俊而神秘的陌生人…
and sweeps me off my feet.
弄得我心烦意乱
Missie Davis, you are making that up. I’m not.
Missie Davis你就编吧 我才没编呢
It really happened. His name’s Grant Thomas, and he works for the railroad.
这是真的 他叫Grant Thomas 他在铁路公♥司♥工作
On the crew? Yes, but he’s different from the other men.
也是一名打工者? 没错 但是他和那些人不一样
I mean, he was well-dressed and self-assured.
我是说 他穿着考究而且自信沉稳
They treat him like he was the boss.
他们对他就像是对待上司一样
He even had his own tent filled with food.
他甚至还有自己单独的帐篷 里面还有很多美食
Looks like you’re imagining a little more than just food.
看起来你期待的不只是食物哦
He invited me to dine with him at the hotel.
他邀请我去旅馆一起用餐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!