Listen, Joe. Joe.
喂 Joe Joe
You don’t wanna give your… your plan away like this.
你不想这样… 这样解决问题
He took my family.
他毁了我全家
Hey. You gonna help me, LaHaye?
嘿 你要帮我对吗 LaHaye?
Yeah. I’m gonna help you inside…
是啊 我进去帮你…
to some coffee and a good long nap.
我们喝点咖啡 睡个午觉
It’s all right.
别怕
You got one bad man left in town, Willie.
镇上有个坏蛋 Willie
Soup’s gettin’ cold.
汤要凉了
– Stubborn. – Yep.
– 这么固执啊 – 是啊
Must be hundreds.
有好几百本书吧
My mother had them shipped over from her home in Boston.
我母亲把它们从老家波士顿海运过来的
Father always said she lived and breathed books.
父亲常说她 活在书的气息中
“The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.”
“莎士比亚全集”
– Have you read much Shakespeare? – Missie had me read Romeo and Juliet.
– 你读过很多莎士比亚的书吗? – Missie让我读过”罗密欧与朱丽叶”
– It’s so romantic, isn’t it? – Well, I read it a few years ago.
– 特别浪漫 是吧? – 嗯 我几年前读过
And at the time, I was more interested in the poison and the dagger.
那时候 我对毒药和匕♥首♥更感兴趣
Well, perhaps if you read it now…
是啊 如果你现在读的话…
– you would be more interested in romance. – Maybe so.
– 或许你对浪漫更感兴趣 – 也许吧
If you read it now, you would see that…
如果你现在读 你会明白…
though they’re young, they both knew their own hearts.
尽管他们很年轻 他们却明白自己的心意
They knew that theirs was true love.
他们明白他们拥有真爱
You can borrow it if you’d like.
如果你喜欢 可以借去看
– Really? – I don’t see why not.
– 真的吗? – 我没有理由拒绝
I mean, I’m gonna see you again, aren’t I?
我是说 我们还要见面的 是吧?
I’m afraid that some of those are too fragile to be let out.
我得说 有些书借出去 恐怕容易被弄坏的
Jeff and I were out riding, and I wanted to show him the library.
Jeff和我出去骑马了 我想带他参观我们的图书室
It’s… it’s like nothin’ I’ve ever seen.
这里… 我从来没见过这么棒的地方
Well, as you can see, this is also my office. I have work to attend to.
是啊 你也知道 这是我的办公室 我有工作要忙
Father, there are just a few more titles I’d like to show Jeff.
父亲 我还有几本书要给Jeff看
I’m afraid it’s gonna have to wait, Colette.
恐怕你们得等等了 Colette
– But, Father… – It’s fine.
– 但是 父亲… – 没关系
Your father’s a busy man.
你父亲很忙
– Good-bye, sir. – Good-bye.
– 再见 先生 – 再见
I am so sorry about that. My father’s not usually so rude.
真抱歉 我父亲不是总如此无礼的
Don’t worry about it.
别担心
– I’ll bring you the book next time I see you, okay? – No. Better not.
– 我下次见你的时候 就把书给你 行吗? – 别 别这样
It might upset your father.
这会惹火你父亲的
I have been upsetting my father…
我在穿着上能够自己决定时…
since I was old enough to tell him what dress I wanted to wear.
我就已经把他惹火了
You sound like a girl who likes to be contrary.
你听起来像是个爱唱反调的女孩子
I’m a woman who knows what she wants.
我是个明白自己需求的女人
And what would that be?
那会怎么样呢?
I’d like to spend more time with you.
我想花更多时间与你相处
Uh, unless you don’t want to.
呃 除非你不愿意
I… I’m sorry if I’m coming off like a spoiled brat.
我… 我很抱歉 我表现得像个被宠坏的孩子
– I… – No.
– 我… – 没事
No, I’d like that.
不 我喜欢那样
Colette.
Colette啊
Please, sweetheart, come on in. Have a seat.
宝贝儿 过来坐下
So, are you in the habit of, uh, spending your time with strange young men?
那么 你是不是习惯于 呃 和陌生小伙子相处?
He’s hardly a strange young man, Father.
他怎么能是个陌生小伙子呢 父亲
I met him with you at the LaHayes’ ranch.
我和你在LaHaye家的牧场见过他
You been spending time with him ever since?
后来你就经常和他来往?
I’ve seen him a couple of times.
我见过他几次
Is being at home so tedious…
在家就这么无聊吗…
to where you have to spend your time with the likes of him?
以至于花时间和那样的人相处?
You just have to give him a chance.
你得给他个机会
He knows books and ranching and horses.
他会读书 会干农活还懂养马
You’ll like him once you get to know him.
一旦了解 你一定会喜欢上他的
That’s hardly somethin’ that’s likely to happen, baby.
亲爱的 这好像不大可能
‘Cause you’ll be goin’ back to school…
因为你要回学校上学…
and he’ll be goin’ back to doin’ whatever it is that he does.
他也要回去做他该做的事
You’re home late.
你回来晚了
I didn’t mean to wake you.
我不想吵醒你的
You didn’t.
你没吵到我
I’m just lying here thinking.
我只是躺在这里思考
Willie.
Willie啊
Have you been able to cry ever since Kath’s?
Kath那件事发生后你哭过么?
No.
没有
Come on in, Sheriff. Mr. Doros been expecting you.
请进警长 Doros先生在等你
Boys.
各位好
Sheriff LaHaye.
是LaHaye警长啊
Hope you brought your appetite. Pull up a seat.
希望你有好胃口 请坐吧
All right. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
I may have some pressing issues that, uh, will need your attention shortly.
我有些亟待解决的事情 需要你解决一下
Seems that Henry and Melinda Klein have me between a, uh
好像Henry和Melinda Klein他们跟我发生了点 嗯
Shall we say a rock and a hard place?
怎么说呢 让我进退两难的事情?
Henry and Melinda are good friends of mine.
Henry和Melinda是我的好朋友
I’m sure they’re good people.
我相信他们是好人
But they gotta pay their debts just like everybody else.
但是他们必须像其他人那样还债
Had a bad spell last year.
去年收成不好
See, Klein borrowed a lot of money from me…
你看 Klein用他的土地和家畜作担♥保♥…
using his land and his livestock as collateral.
跟我借了一大笔钱
They’ve missed several payments.
他们几次没还款了
– How much does he owe? – Enough.
– 他欠你多少钱? – 很多
He needs to pay me, or you need to remove him from the premises.
他必须还我钱 不然你就要把他赶出他的房♥子
Like Joe Paxson?
像Joe Paxson一样?
I know about that ruckus with him in town.
我知道他在镇上引起的骚动
Drunken fool.
“笨蛋酒鬼”
The man lost everything.
这个人一无所有了
Even had to send his wife and daughter away ’cause he couldn’t provide for ’em.
他甚至不得不送走他的妻女 因为他养不起她们了
You know, when I was a boy…
你知道吗 我还记得…
I could remember goin’ for days without anything in my stomach.
小时候我接连几天食不果腹的日子
And when I did have a meal…
而当我终于有吃的时候…
hell, I couldn’t even enjoy it…
我感觉更加痛苦…
because I was too busy worrying about where my next meal would come from.
因为我忙着考虑下一顿在哪里 而食不知味
All because I had a father that was weak.
这一切都因为我有个软弱的父亲
He’d built everything up…
他建立了家庭…
only to let someone come in and take it from him.
却又让别人夺走了一切
I’m not my father, LaHaye.
我不像我父亲 LaHaye
You’re sitting in the biggest house for a hundred miles.
可是 你拥有方圆几百里最大的房♥子啊
You know, the gap between me…
你要知道…
and the chance of poverty will never be big enough to suit me.
我绝对不会满足我现有的财富
And if that means tossing people like Paxson off his land, then so be it.
如果赶走Paxson那样的人能满足我 就赶走他们吧
And I refuse…
而且我拒绝…
to let life take a sucker punch at me.
被生活击倒
See, we all make choices, LaHaye.
LaHaye 我们都要做选择
You know, take you, for instance.
比如你
You made the choice to become sheriff…
选择做警长…
keep food on your table for your family.
来养家糊口
Now, Paxson…
而Paxson…
he chose to raise cattle…
他选择养牲口…
which ended up on another man’s table.
结果那些牲口却到了别人的餐桌上
– What? – Oh, yeah.
– 什么? – 哦 对了
When you get back to the jail…
等你回监狱了…
you can thank Joe Paxson for that steak.
你可以谢谢Joe Paxson给的牛排
Lunch was on him.
这顿是他请的
Gotta get back to town.
我要回镇上去了
Oh, Sheriff.
哦 警长
Aren’t you forgettin’ something?
你没忘了什么吗?
Now, those papers…
现在这些文件…
They give me the legal rights to claim Henry Klein’s property if he should default.
让我能在Henry Klein拖欠债务的情况下 合法得到他的一切财产
If he’s got the money to pay me, well, that’s fine.
如果他有钱还我 那当然没问题
If not, then you do your job, Sheriff…
如果没有 就请你履行你的职责 警长…
and you give him notice.
你要通知他
Seven days, and they vacate the premises…
七天内 搬出他的房♥子…
leaving all their possessions including livestock behind.
并且留下他所有的财产还有牲口
Well, you tell Doros…
好吧 你去告诉Doros…
I’ll pay him when I drive the cows to market.
我卖♥♥了这些牛就还钱给他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!