– This is very unfortunate, Mr Barrett.
我也很不开心
– I’m not exactly jumping for joy.
有许多入学学生比你穷困多了
We have many entering students in far worse straits than you.
什么比穷困更恶劣
What’s worse than destitution?
我下个月结婚
I’m getting married next month.
我们两人都要在暑期里工作
We’ll work all summer,
然后珍妮将在私校教书
and then Jenny will teach in a private school.
那只够生活
That’s a living,
不够交学费 学费太贵
but not tuition. Your tuition is pretty steep.

Yes.
我需要奖学金
I need a scholarship.
我已接到入学通知并准备就读
I have already been accepted.
我银行没钱
– I don’t have any money.
你有个富有父亲
– You have a millionaire father.
曾经有过
Had.
为何因我曾和富人有关而不利
Why should I be penalised just because I was related to a rich man?
巴雷先生
Mr Barrett,
我想本院不该涉及家庭纠纷吧
I don’t think that this office should enter into a family quarrel.
我们处境也很困难
– A rather distressing one, at that.
我明白了 谢谢你
– I see. Thank you.
也许 在学期中
Perhaps at mid- year’s.
谢谢你 耽搁你的时间
Thank you. You’ve been very generous with your time.
我们才刚读完中学课程
– We just passed my junior high school.
我不相信他喜欢我的突然贫穷
– I can’t believe he liked my poverty.
他定会喜欢
He did!
至少你们有相同之处
Now you’ve got something in common.
当我初次告诉他奥力佛巴雷
God, when I first told him Oliver Barrett…
什么
– Yeah?
他简直不相信
– He couldn’t believe it.
他不断提醒我第十一诫
He reminded me of the Eleventh Commandment.
第十一诫
– Eleventh?
不要愚弄你的父亲
– “Do not bullshit thy father.”
还有我该知道的诫律吗
Any other commandments I should know?
有的 不要紧张
Yeah. “Stay loose.”
他赞成了 他赞成吗
– So is he for it? Does he approve?
你想呢
– What do you think?
我不准 我不准你 懂吗
– I won’t allow it, do you get me?
你想使顽石点头
– You’re tilting at windmills, Phil.
别说他父亲是顽石
Stop calling his father a windmill.
他是波士顿名人 让我打电♥话♥给他
He’s a distinguished citizen…
-卡维拉里老先生 -我名叫菲尔
– Mr Cavilleri… – Phil.
-我打给他或去波士顿找他 -那是没用的 见鬼
– I’ll call his goddamn father. – It won’t do any good, goddammit!
在这里别说粗话
– Don’t use profanity in this house.
你说了
– You do.
他怎么想
– What will he think?
他会认为你发神经
– That you’ve gone mad.
为什么 因我不准父亲不认儿子
Because I won’t allow a parent to reject a child?
卡维拉里老先生
– Mr Cavilleri…
叫我菲尔
– Phil.
菲尔
– Phil.
菲尔老伯 我也不认他
Phil, sir… I reject him, too!
别那样说
Don’t talk like that.
父爱是应该珍惜和尊敬的
A father’s love is something to cherish and respect.
它是难得的
– It’s a rare thing.
尤其在我家
– Especially in my family.
打个电♥话♥给他
– Let’s get him on the phone.
不行 我父亲和我正在冷战
– We have this cold line.
他会渐渐融化的 软化
He’ll thaw and melt.
相信我 关于圣堂的事 来 打电♥话♥给他
Believe me, when it’s time to go to church…Let’s get him on the phone.
-菲尔 -什么
– Please, Phil. – What?
关于圣堂 我们不大赞成
About the church bit… Well, we’re kind of negative on it.
我指的不一定是天主教堂
I didn’t necessarily mean the Catholic Church.
珍妮是天主教♥徒♥ 她也许告诉你了
You know that Jennifer is Catholic? She may have told you that.
她的教母一直梦想
And her sainted mother always dreamed of
有个很好的弥撒 不过你们
the whole mass rigmarole, but you’re…
不论在任何教堂上
But God would bless this union
主都会祝福你们
in any church.
-菲尔 关于上帝 -什么
– Phil? – Yeah?- About the God bit. – Yeah?
我们也不大赞成
– We’re sort of negative about that, too.
对上帝
– About God?
对众人的上帝
– About anybody’s God?
我们都不信教
– Neither of us believe.
我们不会虚伪做作
And we won’t be hypocrites.
如果你们希望那样 只需告诉我谁来主持婚礼
If that’s what you wish. Just tell me who performs the wedding.
我们
We do.
你们自己主持
You mean to do it yourself?
那样 那样好极了
That’s…wonderful.
我知道 我是说那样好极了
I mean, that’s just…wonderful.
你们自己主持
Do it yourself, huh?
我想那真是好极了
I think that’s just wonderful.
但告诉我 那个字怎么说
But, tell me, is it…? What’s the word?
你是指合法吗
– You mean “legal”?
合法 对了 合法吧
legal. is that it? is it?
合法的 是说有个学校牧师
Yes. One of the college chaplains just sort of…
我是说他做证婚
He presides over it,
然后男女双方互相致词
and the couple address each other.
新娘也致词
You mean the bride speaks, too?
这是新世代
– It’s a new world, Philip.
是的 这是新世代
– Oh, yeah. It’s new, all right.
你们俩准备好了吗
Ready?
阿门
– Amen.
他们还没开始
– They haven’t started, yet.
我怎知道
How will I know?
我没参加过自助婚礼
I’ve never been to a do- it- yourself.
请听他们在此神圣场合中
Listen to the words they have chosen
选读的誓词
to read on this occasion.
阿门
Amen.
那教士说神圣
The priest said “sacred”.
他不是教士
– He’s not a priest.
对我来说他是
– He is to me.
当我们心灵屹立坚强
“When our two souls stand up erect and strong
面对面 默默无言
“Face to face, silent,
一步步的走进
drawing nigh and nigher
直至神展翼突闪火花
“Until the lengthening wings
在任何弯曲的地方
break into fire at either curved point,
世界上有什么能亏待我们
“What bitter wrong can the earth do to us
使我们在此不满足
“That we should not long be here contented?
再升高 天使会压着我们
“Think! In mounting higher, the angels would press on us
发出许多美丽的歌♥唱
“And aspire to drop some golden orb of perfect song
进入我们 深深亲密的心里
“Into our deep, dear silence
让我们留在这里吧
“Let us stay rather on earth, Beloved,
不要人们矛盾的情绪
“Where the unfit contrarious moods of men recoil away
孤立纯洁的人们
“And isolate pure spirits
愿在生一日相亲相爱
“And permit a place to stand and love in for a day
任黑暗和死亡的时刻绕在周围
“With darkness and the death- hour rounding it.”
我以身相许
“I give you my hand!
许你比金钱更宝贵的爱
“I give you my love more precious than money
在教堂或法律之前把我献给你
“I give you myself before preaching or law
你可愿许身于我
“Will you give me yourself?
与我同游人生的旅程
Will you come travel with me?
与我终生厮守
“Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?”
我 奥力佛巴雷
I, Oliver Barrett, take you, Jennifer Cavilleri,
娶你珍妮卡维拉里为妻 从今以后
to be my wedded wife from this day forward…
爱永不渝 白头偕老
…to love and to cherish till death do us part.
我 珍妮卡维拉里
I, Jennifer Cavilleri, take you, Oliver Barrett,
嫁你奥力佛巴雷为夫 从今以后
as my wedded husband from this day forward,
爱永不渝 白头偕老
to love and to cherish till death do us part.
根据麻省授给我的权力
By the authority vested in me by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
我宣布你们结为夫妻
I pronounce you man and wife.
现在我靠女人养了
Now I’m being kept.
-你不会喜欢 -已经既成事实

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!