我等待这个机会 已经有51年
I have waited for this opportunity for 51 years,
9个月零4天了
nine months and four days.
在这段时间里…
That is…
我一直爱着你 从我第一眼见到你
how long I have loved you from the first moment I cast eyes on you
直到现在
un… until now.
弗洛伦蒂诺·阿里萨…
Florentino Ariza…
给我滚出去!
get out of here!
滚开!
Get out!
“弗洛伦蒂诺·阿里萨
“Florentino Ariza,
你是个讨厌的 没有血性的人
you are a dreadful,insensitive human being.
你怎么敢在我所爱的丈夫去世那天
How dare you enter my house
闯进我家里来?
on the day my beloved husband died
还发泄了一通荒唐可笑的感情?
and utter such monstrous,ridiculous sentiments?
你使我极其愤怒
You have put me in a mortal rage,
让我极不情愿地想起了你
which has caused me to think about you without wanting to.
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
我不愿意想起你 离我远点”
I do not want to think about you.Stay out of my life.”
走 驴子 走!
Go, donkey, go!
你好 亲爱的 我们别浪费时间
Hi, dear.Let’s not waste time.
我不想看电影
I don’t want to see a movie.
你知道我想干什么吗?
Do you know what I want to do?
在你回家之前 我有话要跟说
Before you go home,I have something to tell you.
靠边停 停下 谢谢
Pull over.Pull over, please.
我要结婚了
I’m going to get married.
撒谎 老年人哪还会结婚
It’s a lie.Old men don’t get married.
她是谁?
Who is she?
-你想哭吗? -不!
-Do you want to cry? -No!
我不知道她是谁
I don’t know who she is.
但不管是谁 她都毁掉了我的生活
But whoever she is,she has ruined my life.
阿美利加 你得…
America, you must…
我不想听 弗洛伦蒂诺
I don’t want to hear it,Florentino.
我警告你
I’m warning you.
“请允许我澄清
“Please allow me to wipe the slate clean.
只有在物质世界里年龄才是真实的
Age has no reality except in the physical world.
一个人的本质
The essence of a human being
可以抵抗时间的流逝
is resistant to the passage of time.
我们内心的生命是永恒的
Our inner lives are eternal,
也就是说 我们的精神仍然年轻旺盛
which is to say that our spirits remain as youthful and vigorous
就和我们壮年时一样
as when we were in full bloom.
请把爱情想成一种优美的状态
Think of love as a state of grace…
它并不是一种手段
not the means to anything,
而是万事万物 有始有终
but the alpha and omega.
自生自灭
An end in itself.
请把爱情想成一种优美的状态
Think of love as a state of grace…
它并不是一种手段
not the means to anything,
而是万事万物 有始有终
but the alpha and omega.
自生自灭
An end in itself.”
送信人在等着答复
The messenger is waiting for a reply.
妈妈 那是什么?
Mother, what is it?
有人想来拜访我
Someone wants to call on me.
谁?
Who?
堂·弗洛伦蒂诺·阿里萨
Don Florentino Ariza.
那个掌管航运公♥司♥的人?
The man who owns the riverboats?
你知道人们怎么说他吗?
You know what they say about him?
不知道
No.
他们说他从来不找女人
They say he has never had a woman.
事实是 他们说
In fact, they say
他有着完全相反的兴趣
his tastes are quite the opposite.
据说他有间秘密办公室
They say he has a secret office
到了晚上 他就把在码头上找来的男孩子往那儿带
where he takes boys he picks up on the docks at night.
我根本不相信
I simply don’t believe that.
他还是个少年时 我就认识他了
I’ve known him since he was a boy.
他是个正经人
He’s an honorable man.
这世上的一切都改变了
Everything in the world has changed.
我没变 你呢?
I haven’t.Have you?
都到这时候了 又有什么关系呢?
What does it matter now?
我刚过72岁
I’ve just turned 72.
是啊 我们这两个老人 随时都可能被死神带走
Yes, we are two old people about to be ambushed by death.
你信上帝吗?
Do you believe in God?
不信
No.
但我对祂充满敬畏
But I am afraid of Him.
你的一些信件 对我来说是莫大的慰藉
Some of your letters were a great comfort.
很高兴你接受了它们
I’m glad to know you received them.
其中…我所最喜爱的
What… what I most admired about them
是它们的简洁明了
was their simplicity.
对我有很大的帮助
They helped me a great deal.
哪方面的?
In what way?
它们使我
They helped me
重新获得了某种平静
regain some kind of peace.
你想象不到听到你这样说
You cannot imagine how happy
我是多么高兴
I am to know that.
但你说的那些话 我并不完全认同
But I don’t agree with everything you say.
除了回忆 我们没有其他的相似之处
We have nothing in common except memories.
我们的年轻岁月已经一去不返了…
The young people we were are banished…
都是海市蜃楼
that was all an illusion.
我不这么想
Not for me.
我想这个会让你开心
I thought this might amuse you.
这该是50年前了
That must be 50 years ago.
至少是
At least.
我有话要说
I have something to say.
以我的经验 这句话意味着
In my experience,when anyone says that,
你要说些让人不痛快的话了
it’s bound to be unpleasant.
跟你约会的那个男人 这么频繁的来访
These frequent visits from the man you are seeing
是很不合适的
are unseemly.
奥菲利娅 这跟你没关系
Ofelia, it’s none of your business.
他来陪伴妈妈
He is company for Mama.
-他给她带来安慰 -安慰?
-He consoles her. -Consoles her?
他所谓的安慰
All he needs to do to complete his consolation
就是爬到她这个寡妇的床上去吧
is to climb into her widow’s bed.
奥菲利娅
Ofelia.
但难道你不相信
But don’t you believe
爱情会为一切正名?
that love justifies anything and everything?
我们这种年纪谈爱情就够可笑了
Love is ridiculous at our age.
在他们那个年纪 简直就是恶心
But at theirs,it’s revolting.
我唯一难过的就是
The only thing that hurts me
没有足够的力气
is that I don’t have enough strength
好好揍你一顿
to give you the beating that you deserve
你如此大胆放肆 心术不正 实在该这样收拾你
for being so insolent and evil-minded.
但你最好现在就离开这房♥子
But you will leave this house right now
我以我母亲的坟墓起誓
and I swear to you on my mother’s grave
只要我还活着 你就别想再踏进来一步
that you will not set foot in it again as long as I live.
奥菲利娅 妈妈 不要…
Ofelia, Mama,let’s not…
那个可怜的人 他的人生50年前就被毁了
Life crippled that poor man 50 years ago
因为他那时太年轻 而你现在你又想把一切重演 因为我们太老了
because he was too young and now you want to do it because we are too old.
我最想做的就是走出家门
What I’d like most is to walk out of my house
一直走 一直走
and keep going,going, going,
再也不回来
and never come back.
那你…你可以乘一艘船
Well, you…you could take a boat.
我或许会
I might.
我或许会这么做
I might just do that.
我正好有一艘
I have one.
“新忠诚号♥”
The New Fidelity.
它…它就快启航了
It’s…it’s leaving soon.
逆流而上行驶五天
It’s eight days up-river,
再用五天返回
and five days on the return.
旅行对烦躁的心情很有好处
Travel is good for the troubled spirit.
壮丽的风光
Splendid vision of the Earth,
随着我们的旅程
passing, changing…
在眼前展开 变幻
as we travel by.
请进
Come in.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!