至少你…
at least you…
你会像个男人
you’d be a man
完全否认这件事
and deny the whole thing.
我以为至少你会…
I thought at least you’d…
你会跟我撒谎
you’d lie to me.
我觉…我觉得
I f… I feel
就像肩上的重担
as though a great weight
终于放下了
has lifted from my shoulders.
我…我会结束它的
I… I will put an end to it.
还会去找我的神父
And I’ll go to my confessor
向他忏悔 以求赦免
and ask for absolution.
快点 我们走 要下雨了
Come on, let’s go,it’s going to rain.
我清晨总是
I have been waking
醒得很早
in the early hours of the morning
而且就再也睡不着了
and then unable to go back to sleep.
我的胸腔
And I have
还会突然刺痛
sudden stabbing pains in my chest.
最糟的是 到了下午
Worst of all,in the afternoons I…
我就会莫名地想哭
I simply want to weep
控制不住
uncontrollably.
我想我快死了
I think I am going to die.
那最好不过
That would be best.
我们两人也就都安宁了
Then we could both have some peace.
该睡觉了 孩子们 快去
Bedtime, kids.Go.
我们要去吃晚餐 费尔米纳姨妈
We’re going to eat our dinner, Aunt Fermina.
谢谢你 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
你还能认出我吗…
Do you still recognize me…
我这个臃肿的老东西?
the fat old thing that I have become?
已经一年多了
It’s been over a year
仍然没有消息 没有线索
and not a whisper,not a hint.
没人知道她在哪里
Nobody knows where she is.
我强迫自己相信
I have made myself believe
如果她真的死了
that if she were dead
我应该会听说的
I would have heard.
让我不发疯的唯一办法
All I can do to keep myself sane
就是继续干我的老本行
is to follow my routine:
第472个 玛丽娅·弗洛丽达
472, Maria Florida…
集市上的卖♥♥花女
sells flowers in the market.
第499个 约瑟芬·翠娥拉
499, Josephine Triola…
我…我并不确定她是谁
I-I don’t exactly know who she was.
第544个 格拉提娅·费尔南德斯…
544, Galetia Fernandez…
没什么可纪念的
nothing memorable to report.
这些事毫无乐趣
Routine is like rust.
让我在这儿呆一辈子都行
I could stay here forever.
你应该早点来的
You should have come sooner.
你做得对…
You did the right thing…
给他个教训
teach him a lesson.
那个给你发电报的男人
And what happened to the man
后来怎么样了?
who sent you all those telegrams?
哦 他现在体面了
Oh, he’s very grand now.
加勒比内河航运公♥司♥的董事长
President of the River Company of the Caribbean.
嗯 你还见他吗?
Hmm.Do you still see him?
当然不
Of course not.
不过
And anyway…
他不是个人 是个鬼魂
he’s not a man.He’s a ghost.
全都是幻觉
It was all an illusion.
那你呢 伊尔德布兰达
And you,Hildebranda,
你那个已婚男人怎么样了?
what happened to your married man?
他仍维持着婚姻
He stayed married.
能让我来给您牵马吗?
Can I take care of your horse?
来得早不如来得巧
It is better to arrive in time than…
不是吗?
than to be invited, no?
-伊尔德布兰达 -胡维纳尔
-Hildebranda. -Juvenal.
-你的靴子还把脚挤得难受吗? -感谢上帝
-Are your boots still killing you? -Thank you, God.
您真慈悲
How good you are.
我得去让孩子们准备好吃饭
I must get the children ready for supper.
-走吧 孩子们 -我第一个去
-Come on, kids. -I’ll go first.
-不 我第一个 -我是第一个
-No, I’ll go first. -I’ll go first.
我第一个去
I’ll go first.
你来这儿干什么?
What are you doing here?
我知道以你的矜持
Well, I know you would be too proud
是不会自己回去的 所以我…
to return on your own,so I have…
我来接你走
I have come to fetch you.
我…我想
I… I thought
我们应该再去度一次蜜月
we might have a second honeymoon.
但第二天夜里 当那个老人正在睡觉的时候…
But the following night,while the old man slept…
-哦 上帝啊 然后又怎么样? -嘘 耐心点
-Oh, dear God, now what? -Shh, please.
嘘 费尔米纳
Shh, Fermina.
感谢上帝 谢谢您
Thank you, God.Thank you.
请原谅
Excuse me.
我已经很久没见过她了
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen her.
晚上好
Good evening.
她变了 理卡多
And she has changed,Ricardo.
但最糟的是
But, what was worst,
她丈夫好像越来越年轻了
is that her husband seemed younger than ever.
我有一个…
And I had this…
可怕的念头 她也许会比他先死
terrible thought that she would die first.
千万别这样
Heaven forbid.
但愿不会如此 这让我也意识到
Heaven forbid.And it made me realize
自己也变老了
that I have grown older too.
那些楼梯
Those stairs…
上上下下的楼梯简直能要我的命
up and down those stairs will kill me.
我不怕死 也不怕老
Uh, I’m not afraid of death,I’m afraid of old age.
所以…
So…
我想我不会常来这里的
I doubt I will be coming here so often.
为什么你对女人这么有一套?
Why are you so successful with women?
因为她们觉得我是一个…
because they see in me someone…
内疚的人
guilty.
一个渴望爱情的人 不会…
In need of love.Someone who will not…
伤害她们
harm them.
我心中的房♥间比妓院里都多 理卡多
My heart has more rooms than a whore house, Ricardo.
现在到第几个了?
What number are you on now?
准备好吃惊吧
Prepare yourself for a shock.
已经到第622个了
I’m on number 622.
不可能吧
Impossible.
我是说真的…622个
I speak the truth…622.
不久之前…
Some time ago…
我忘了确认时间…
I forget exactly when…
莱昂叔叔让我照顾
Uncle Leo asked me to keep an eye on the daughter
一个远方亲戚家的女儿 她从帕德雷港来
of some distant relation of ours from Puerto Padre.
到这里上大学
She was being sent here to college
接受师范教育
to become a teacher.
然后 渐渐的
And then,little by little,
我赢得了她的信任和喜爱
I won her confidence and affection.
自然而然地 她享受到了天堂一般的幸福
And in due course, the doors of heaven opened to her.
她的名字叫阿美利加·维库尼亚
Her name is America Vicuna.
我们每周日见面
We see each other on Sundays.
我们以坦诚的态度来面对这份…该怎么说呢
We are quite open about our,what shall I say?
“友谊”
Friendship.
因为年龄的差距
For one thing,the difference in our ages
没人怀疑我们
places us above suspicion.
有人死了
Someone has died.
不对
Huh-uh.
是为圣灵降临节敲钟
It’s Pentecost.
不 大教堂敲丧钟…
No.No, it must be a…
该是哪个大人物死了
a very big fish if they are ringing the cathedral bells.
阿美利加
America.
你得回学校去了
You must go back to college.
我的马夫会送你 我有事情要办
My driver will take you.There is something I have to do.
费尔米纳…
Fermina…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!