就像贝利的旧自行车 卖♥♥出去了 – 这很好
like Bailey’s old bike, and sells it. – That’s nice.
也许你应该去易趣
Maybe you should go on eBay.
我想如果我需要一辆旧自行车 贝利的爸爸会把它卖♥♥给我
l figure if l need an old bike, Bailey’s dad will sell it to me.
不是买♥♥ 是卖♥♥
Not to buy. To sell.
去赚钱
To make money.
你没有旧东西吗
Don’t you have any old stuff?
我有草莓豆腐点心 像新的一样
l have strawberry Tofutti Cuties, like new,
在原包装盒里
in original box.
我是说婴儿的东西
l mean the baby’s stuff.
我们应该在易趣上卖♥♥掉婴儿用品
We should sell the baby stuff on eBay.
我们可以把婴儿床卖♥♥了
We can sell the crib.
婴儿床的价格正好是1311美元
The crib cost exactly $1 ,31 1 .
爸爸告诉我的
Dad told me.
所以我打赌 这婴儿床能卖♥♥二千美元
So l bet we can get $2,000 for the crib.
甚至可能是一万美元 – 不 我们不会
Maybe even $1 0,000. – No, we wouldn’t.
易趣就是这样运作的
That’s how eBay works.
拿走所有你不再需要的旧东西 人们会给你钱
Take all the old stuff you don’t need anymore, and people give you money for it.
我们在易趣上婴儿床卖♥♥不到一万美元 好吗 威廉
We wouldn’t get $1 0,000 for the crib on eBay, okay, William?
我们也可以卖♥♥婴儿车 我打赌我们能为婴儿车卖♥♥五千美元
We can sell the stroller too. l bet we can get $5,000 for the stroller.
不是这样的 你不可能把所有的钱都花在用过的东西上
That’s not how it works. You’re not going to get all that money for something used
你可以用更少的钱买♥♥到新的
when you could get it new for a lot less.
这根本说不通
That doesn’t even make sense.
但它没用过 我们从来没用过
lt’s not used, though. We never used it.
贝利的爸爸说
Bailey’s dad says…
威廉 我真的不想谈论卖♥♥婴儿用品的事 好吗
William, l really don’t want to talk about selling the baby’s things, okay?
但这就是它的用途
But that’s what it’s for.
威廉 闭嘴 闭嘴 别再提易趣了 好吗
William, shut up! Just shut up about eBay, okay?
请离我远点儿 去看电视什么的 离开我
Leave me alone, please. Just go watch TV or something. Leave me.
我回家了
l’m home.
在这里
ln here.
泰国菜
Thai.
太好了
Great.
我能帮你吗
Can l give you a hand?
我自己来
l got it under control.
是吗?
Yeah?
嗨
Hello.
你们今天做了什么
So what’d you guys do today?
哦 建了一个冷聚变反应堆
Oh, built a cold fusion reactor
用棒子和橡皮筋做成的
out of swizzle sticks and rubber bands.
事实上 我们有一件小事
We had a little thing, actually.
爸爸 爸爸 – 嘿
Dad, Dad! – Hey.
我很想你 – 我也很想你 威尔
l missed you so much. – l missed you too, Will.
谁愿意帮忙摆餐具
Who wants to help set the table?
艾米莉娅叫我今天闭嘴 她对我大喊大叫
Emilia told me to shut up today. And she yelled at me.
真的吗 发生什么事
Really? What’s going on?
威廉建议我们在易趣上卖♥♥掉婴儿用品
William suggested that we sell the baby’s things on eBay.
婴儿床和婴儿车
The crib and the stroller.
好吧
Okay.
我们不需要卖♥♥这些东西 我们不用的任何东西都可以
Well, we don’t have to sell those things. Anything that we’re not using is okay.
比如 我们可以卖♥♥掉我以前的超级小子 因为我不再用他们了
Like, we can sell my old MEGA Bloks, ’cause l don’t use those anymore.
是啊 但你没说你旧的超级小子 你说了宝宝的事
Yeah, but you didn’t say your old MEGA Bloks.You said the baby’s things.
等一下艾米 威尔你真的想把宝宝的东西卖♥♥了吗
Just a minute, Em. Will, did you really want to sell the baby’s things?
什么 我刚告诉过你
What? l just told you.
请等一下 艾米
A minute, Em, please.
威尔
Will?
嗯 我想做易趣 我在想我们不用的东西
Well, l wanted to do eBay, and l was trying to think of things we aren’t using.
所以我想 宝宝死了 她不会再使用她的东西了
So l figured, the baby’s dead. She’s not gonna be using her stuff anymore.
我不是故意让艾米莉娅这么生气
l didn’t mean to make Emilia so mad.
看 艾米莉娅为宝宝的事非常伤心
See, Emilia is so sad about the baby
她觉得卖♥♥宝宝的东西很难
that it’s hard for her to think about selling the baby’s things.
你是对的 我们不再需要它们了 但她也是对的
And you’re right. We don’t need them anymore, but she’s right too.
我们不会卖♥♥掉婴儿的东西
We’re not gonna sell the baby’s things.
好吧 爸爸 我很抱歉
Okay. l’m sorry, Dad.
我知道你不是有意要伤害任何人的感情
l know you didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings.
我知道 艾米莉亚也知道
l know it. And Emilia knows it.
她也很抱歉
And she’s sorry too.
对吧 艾米莉娅
Right, Emilia?
我知道我得把她的房♥间打扫干净
l know l have to clear her room out.
我还不能收拾她所有的东西
l just can’t pack up all her stuff yet.
没关系
lt’s okay.
我不是要供在那里什么的
l’m not building a shrine or anything.
我知道 没关系
l know. lt’s okay.
很抱歉我说了 闭嘴
l’m sorry l said ”shut up.”
我去看书 好吗
l’m gonna read, okay?
好
Okay.
晚安 -晚安
Good night. – Good night.
我很高兴来到这里
l’m so happy to be here.
哦 格林利夫小姐 我们很高兴你能来
Oh, we’re delighted to have you, Miss Greenleaf.
这是你开始职业生涯的好机会
This is a great opportunity for you to start your career.
我太激动了
l’m so excited.
从我记事起 我父亲就一直跟我说弗里德曼·塔夫脱的事
l’ve been hearing about Friedman Taft from my father since as long as l can remember.
你父亲是律师吗
ls your father a lawyer?
韦斯特切斯特的法官
A judge in Westchester.
前纽约律师协会主席
President of the New York Bar Association, formerly.
哦 对 是的 就在这里 哦 哦
Oh, right, yes. That’s in here. Oh, oh!.
哦 你没事吧 – 玛丽莲
Oh, are you okay? – Marilyn.
我的脚踝 杰克 是的
My ankle! Jack, yes.
稍等一下
Just need a minute.
我捏的时候疼吗
Does it hurt when l squeeze?
哎哟 对
Ouch! Yes.
哦 你能不能扶着它 – 门吗
Oh, could you just grab that – door?
对 – 谢谢 好吧 慢慢地 玛丽莲
Yeah. – Thanks. Okay, slowly, Marilyn.
慢慢地 慢慢地 慢慢地
Slowly, slowly, slowly.
我觉得自己很蠢 杰克
l feel so stupid, Jack.
好的 你去吧
Okay. There you go.
好吧
All right.
好吧 – 顺便说一下 我是新同事 艾米莉娅·格林利夫
All right. – l’m the new associate, by the way, Emilia Greenleaf.
杰克伍尔夫 – 很高兴见到你
Jack Woolf. – Nice to meet you.
同样
Same.
格林利夫小姐 你在1818房♥间 谢谢你
Miss Greenleaf, you’re in room 1 81 8. Thank you.
我去拿点冰 好吗
l’ll get some ice, okay?
冰 是的 拜托了
lce, yes, please.
他当然结婚了 他是高级合伙人
Of course he’s married. He’s a senior partner.
他们一直是结婚的 你期待什么
They’re always married. What’d you expect?
我只是 我想我几个月前就会好起来的
l just…l thought l’d get over this months ago.
但是 当我在他身边的时候 我还是很无力
But l’m still, like, weak when l’m around him,
他甚至都不知道我还活着
and he doesn’t even know l’m alive.
他不知道我还活着 什么 你参加的是陈词滥调的奥♥运♥会吗
”He doesn’t know l’m alive”? What, are you in the cliche Olympics?
哈哈 你们这些街头律师没有律师助理吗
Ha-ha. Don’t you street lawyers have paralegals?
没有 朋友更便宜
No, friends are cheaper.
很抱歉 我迟到了 伙计们
l’m sorry l’m late, you guys.
嗨 – 我找不到出租车
Hi. – l couldn’t find a cab.
天啊 我真希望纽约有人来
God, l wish someone here in New York
会发明一种类似火车的东西 你知道 它会进入地下 带你去不同的地方
would invent something kind of like a train, you know, that would go underground and take you places.
不 那是疯话
No, that’s crazy talk.
哈里斯不想让我再坐地铁了 哦 认真的吗
Harris doesn’t want me taking the subway anymore. Oh, seriously?
还发媒体新闻
Press packets?
你真以为这个贫民窟的家伙在乎媒体吗
You really think this slumlord cares about bad press?
如果她逃跑 我就给她拿啤酒
lf she bails, l get her beer.
哦 不 我不喝酒
Oh, no. l’m not drinking.
我不能 或者抽烟
l can’t. Or smoke.
或者吃金枪鱼 – 天啊明迪 你怀孕了吗
Or eat tuna. – Oh, my God. Mindy, are you pregnant?
八周了
Eight weeks.
哦 太好了 你还担心
Oh, that’s great. And you were worried.
是的 明迪 太棒了 说到点子上了
Yay, Mindy, that’s wonderful. Yay to the bump.
哦 天哪 我告诉过你吗
Oh, my God. Did l tell you?
我差点碰到你那家伙的妻子
l almost met your guy’s wife.
什么 – 是的
What? – Yeah.
好吧 既然我怀孕了 我就从生育转为妇产管理
Well, since l’m pregnant, l moved from fertility to OB/G YN.
奥尼尔医生还推荐了卡罗琳•苏尔
And Dr. O’Neal recommends Carolyn Soule.