我去找她
I’ll go get her.
早上好 Locke先生?
Good morning, Mr. Locke?

Yeah.
我是Rose Nadler 办公室主任
I’m Rose Nadler, the office supervisor.
有什么需要帮忙的?
What can I do for you?
呃 Nadler女士 您能帮我的是
Uh, what you can do, Ms. Nadler,
别让我回答 我是什么动物 这种问题
is to spare me the question about what kind of animal I am
并且希望您给我一份工作
and hopefully place me in a job.
没问题
Absolutely.
你想做什么样的工作?
What kind of placement are you looking for?
我看到你们这儿
Well, I see here
需要一个工地协调员
that you have a listing for a site coordinator.
建筑工地协调员
Construction site coordinator.
呃 我不太确定这职位适合您
Uh, I’m not sure that’s a good match.
– 如果您关心的是工作经验的话 我有很多… – 工作经验不是问题
– Well, if experience is the issue, I have… – Experience isn’t the issue.
瞧 Reyes先生告诉我
Look, Mr. Reyes told me
如果我过来 你们就会给我安排好
if I came down here, I would be taken care of.
Reyes先生是我的老板 如果他那样说
And Mr. Reyes is my boss, so if he said that,
我就会这样做
I can make it happen for you.
如果你想做建筑 你就做吧
If you want to work construction, you got it.
– 谢谢 – 我还没说完
– Thank you. – I’m not finished.
明天我会让你到工地去
I will send you down there tomorrow,
后天
and then the day after,
你再来我的办公室
you will be back in my office.
听着…
Look…
Locke先生 我们还是比较现实一点吧
Mr. Locke, let’s try to be a little more realistic.
你又对现实有多了解?
And what do you know about realistic?
我患了癌症
I have cancer.
晚期
Terminal cancer.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
当大夫第一次告诉我时
When the doctors first told me,
我很难接受
I had a hard time accepting it.
但最终 我接受了事实
But eventually, I got past the denial part
并且我准备好好珍惜 剩下的一分一秒
and I got back to living whatever life I’ve got left.
所以…
So…
要不我们帮你找一份
How about we find you a job
你适合的工作?
you can do?
你看书么?
Do you read?
你说啥?
Excuse me?
你看不看书?
Books. You read books?
当然 谁不看书?
Sure. Who doesn’t?
我最喜欢的是斯坦贝克的 “人与鼠”
My favorite’s Steinbeck, “Of Mice and Men.”
你听说过么?
You know that one?
没 跟我不是一个年代
Nope. A little after my time.
讲的是两个人George和Lennie
It’s about these two guys, George and Lennie.
Lennie反应有点慢
Lennie’s kind of slow,
会给George惹麻烦
causing George problems.
所以George带他走进森林
So George walks him out in the woods,
叫他朝那边看 并且描绘说
tells him to look out yonder and picture
他们将来要在那儿 住漂亮的小房♥子
the pretty little house they’re gonna live in one day.
之后他朝Lennie脑袋后面开了一枪
and he shoots Lennie in the back of the head.
好吧 听起来不是个大团圆结局
Well, that doesn’t sound like a happy ending.
的确
It isn’t.
– 你在想什么呢 James? – 我在寻思如果我朝你
– What’s on your mind, James? – I’m wondering what would happen to you
脑袋后面开一枪 你会怎么样
if I put a bullet in your head.
嗯 要不我们试试?
Mm. Why don’t we find out?
你到底是什么东西?
What are you?
我是个被困住的人
What I am is trapped.
被困住了很长一段时间
and I’ve been trapped for so long
以至于 我都忘了自♥由♥的感觉
that I don’t even remember what it feels like to be free.
也许你能理解
Maybe you can understand that.
我被困之前 我是一个普通人 像你一样 James
But before I was trapped, I was a man, James, just like you.
我才不信
I have a hard time believing that.
好吧 随你信不信 但那是事实
Well, you can believe whatever you want, but that’s the truth.
我知道什么是 快乐
I know what it’s like to feel joy,
痛苦 愤怒 恐惧…
to feel pain, anger, fear…
什么是被背叛的滋味
to experience betrayal.
我也知道 失去深爱之人的感觉
I know what it’s like to lose someone you love.
如果你要开枪 就动手吧
If you wanna shoot me, shoot me.
但是你已经离得很近了 James
But you’re so close, James.
现在回头 太可惜了
It would be such a shame to turn back now.
为什么一开始 你们要把他带到雕像那儿去?
Why did you have to bring him to the statue in the first place?
因为那儿的人们
Because the people there
需要知道他们的敌人长什么样
need to see the face of what they’re up against.
那又怎么样能阻止他们的敌人
And what’s to stop what they’re up against
变模样呢?
from changing his face?
他现在变不了了
He can’t. Not anymore.
这条路他走不通了
He’s stuck this way.
有没有人想说些什么?
Does anyone want to say anything?
都没人认识他吗?
Didn’t any of you know him?
好吧 我认识他
All right, I knew him.
John Locke是一位…
John Locke was a…
信徒 他有自己的信仰
a believer. He was a man of faith.
他…
He was…
我永远成为不了…
a much better man…
他那样的人…
than I will ever be…
我非常抱歉 杀害了他
And I’m very sorry I murdered him.
这鬼葬礼是我参加过的
This is the weirdest damn funeral
最诡异的了
I’ve ever been to.
你好 Shephard医生办公室
Hello. Dr. Shephard’s office.
喂?
Hello?
需要找谁?
Can I help you?
不 我谁都不找
No. No, you can’t.
你在跟谁打电♥话♥?
Who was that on the phone?
呃 没人
Mm, no one.
没人?
No one?
John 我刚才确实听到你在讲电♥话♥
John, I just heard you talking on the phone.
我 呃
I was, uh,
我刚才是打给Shephard医生的
I was calling Dr. Shephard.
好啊 不错啊 你准备什么时候去见他?
Well, good for you. when are you gonna see him?
我不打算见他
I’m not gonna see him.
– 呃 我… 不懂 你为什么不打算… – 我被解雇了 Helen
– Well, I… I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t you want… – I got fired, Helen.
来了!
Coming!
女士? 我是大洋航♥空♥快件员
Ma’am? Oceanic courier.
这是之前我们弄丢的行李
I’m delivering your lost luggage.
好的
All right.
麻烦您在这签个字
Sign here to accept the delivery.
– 谢谢 – 好的 谢谢
– Thanks. – Okay, thanks.
好吧 John
Okay, John.
现在跟我谈谈吧
Now talk to me.
你为什么被解雇了?
How did you get fired?
我跟Randy撒谎了 我没去参加悉尼的会议
I lied to Randy. I didn’t go to the conference in Sydney.
什么?
What?
Helen 把箱子打开
Open the case, Helen.
这… 这些是干嘛的?
W… What are these for?
我的徒步旅行
My walkabout.
你… 你… 的什么?
Your… y… your what?
徒步旅行
My walkabout.
内地的一次冒险
An adventure in the outback
在野外生存
Man against nature.
但他们不让我去
But they wouldn’t let me go.
所以… 我坐着向他们喊
And… and I sat there yelling at them,
对着他们吼
shouting at them,
别跟我说 什么事情我做不了
that they couldn’t tell me what I can’t do.
可他们说得对
But they were right.
我受够了想象
I’m sick of imagining
能站起来之后的生活 Helen
what my life could be out of this chair, Helen,
受够了想象…
what it would be like to…
能站起来和你结婚
walk down the aisle with you,
因为这根本不可能发生
’cause it’s not gonna happen.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!