In the radio room.
所有的电♥信♥联络
And every so often,
我经常
I’d get this flashing light on my console–
能看到信♥号♥♥灯在我的控制台上闪烁
An incoming call.
有一个电♥话♥打进来
We were under strict orders never to answer it.
我们被严令不许接听那个电♥话♥
So? what’s that got to do with me?
那么你说的和我有什么关系
Those calls came from your girlfriend.
是你女朋友打来的
What happened?
发生了什么事
Oh, uh, you’re back.
你醒了
And… you were out almost 75 minutes.
你刚刚昏迷了大约有75分钟
Out?
昏过去了?
Oh, yeah. yeah, yeah. you just… whew.
是的
You went catatonic right in the middle of a sentence.
你刚说话的时候突然就摊在了地上
I had to carry you to the chair.
我只好把你扶到椅子上
So I take it you were– you were in the future again? aye.
我想你刚才又回到了未来 是吧
For how long? I don’t know. five minutes?
多长时间 我不知道 五分钟?
Why does this keep happening?
为什么这种情况总在发生
Uh, in your case,
我猜想你的请况
I’m guessing the progression is exponential.
应该症状呈指数级加重
Each time your consciousness jumps,
每一次你的意识穿梭时空
It gets harder and harder to jump back.
都会变得更难以回到初始状态
I would be careful crossing the street if I were you.
如果我是你的话 过马路一定小心翼翼
What happened to her? she died.
她怎么了 死了
Yeah, I can see that. how? brain aneurysm, probably. I don’t know.
我知道她死了 怎么死的? 也许是脑动脉瘤 我还不确定
I’m going to do an autopsy later.
我待会给她验尸
Is that gonna happen to me?
我也会死吗
The effects seem to vary from case to case, but, uh…
不同的个体受到的影响应该会有区别 但是
Answer me!
快告诉我!
If this keeps happening, am I gonna die?
如果这种状况持续下去 我会不会死掉
I don’t know.
我不知道
I think…
我想
Eloise’s brain short-circuited.
Eloise是脑梗阻
The jumps between the present and the future–
在现在和未来之间的频繁穿梭
She eventually–she couldn’t tell which was which.
她最终不能分辨出现在和未来
She had no anchor. wh-what do you mean, “anchor”?
她没有能支撑自己穿梭时空的东西 什么是anchor
Something familiar in both times.
可以将两个时点联♥系♥起来的东西
All this–see this? this is all variables.
所有这些 看到了吗 它们都是变量
It’s random. it’s chaotic.
随机的 混乱的
Every equation needs stability, something known.
所有的方程都需要稳定性 一些已知量
It’s called a constant.
就是常量
Desmond, you have no constant.
Desmond 你没有常量
When you go to the future, nothing there is familiar.
当你穿梭到了未来 你对熟悉所有的事物都不熟悉
So if you want to stop this,
如果你想阻止它再次发生
Y–then you need to find something there,
就要在未来找一样你珍视的事物
Something that you really, really care about…
它一直深藏在你的内心深处
That also exists back here…
同时存在于现在这个时点
In 1996.
1996年
This constant…
这个常量
Can it be a person?
它可以是一个人吗
Yeah, maybe.
对 可以
But you have to make some kind of contact.
但你一定要和这个人取得联♥系♥
Didn’t you say you were
你刚才不是说你在一艘
Off on a boat in the middle of nowhere?
不知道在什么方位的船上吗
Uh… who are you calling?
你在给谁打电♥话♥
I’m calling my bloody constant.
我在给我珍惜的常量
The number you have dialed
你所拨♥打♥的号♥码
Has been disconnected.
无法接通
You okay?
你还好吗
You look a lot older now, huh?
你看上去老了不少 是吧
Welcome back, Desmond.
欢迎回来 Desmond
I need to call Penny. calling your girlfriend is not our priority.
我要给Penny打电♥话♥ 给你女朋友打电♥话♥可不是当务之急
Listen, brother, I don’t know you, but–
听着兄弟 我不大认识你 但
But you seem to know me,
你貌似认识我
So–so if you and me are friends,
如果我和你是朋友
Then I need your help. I need to call Penny now.
那么我需要你的帮助 我现在就要给Penny打电♥话♥
Whoa! you boys are gettin’ way ahead of yourselves.
小伙子们 你们可根本没弄清楚情况
Two days ago, someone sabotaged all the equipment.
两天前 有个人毁掉了所有的设备
We lost all communication with the mainland.
我们与陆地失去了所有的联♥系♥
I probably could’ve fixed it, but then…
我当时有可能修好它 但后来
Then I went nuts.
我成了疯子
Where’s the radio room?
信♥号♥♥室在哪儿
It’s one deck up. I’ll take you there. come on.
在上面一层 我带你们去 快点
And how do we get out of here?
我们怎么才能离开这儿
Through the door.
门开了
Looks like you guys have a-a friend on this boat.
貌似你俩在这船上还有朋友
Your nose, brother.
你的鼻子 兄弟
It’s clear.
现在没人
Let’s–
我们走
“the black rock” set sail
“the black rock”从朴次茅斯港出发的
From portsmouth, english, march 22, 1845,
英国船 1845年3月22日
On a trading mission to the kingdom of siam
前往暹罗(泰国旧称)进行交易
When she was tragically lost at sea.
不幸在海中走失
The only known artifact of this journey
这次旅行留下来的唯一见证物
Is the journal of the ship’s first mate,
就是船上第一大副的日记
Which was discovered among the artifacts of pirates
它是七年后在马达加斯加岛的
On the sainte marie, Madagascar, seven years later.
海盗船的遗物中被发现
The contents of this journal have never been made public,
日记的内容从来没有被公开过
Nor are known to anyone outside the family of the seller,
或者被出♥售♥人家族以外的其他人所知晓
We open the bidding on lot 2-3-4-2
我们以15万英镑起拍这件
At 150,000 pounds.
编号♥2-3-4-2的拍品
150,000, sir.
这位先生 出价15万
160,000? do I hear 160,000?
16万? 有人出16万吗?
160,000, sir. 170,000, sir.
16万 17万
180,000 on the phone.
有人致电出价18万
200,000 pounds.
20万
220,000 pounds.
22万镑
240,000.
24万
260,000 pounds, sir.
26万
280,000.
28万
On the phone, I have 300,000– 320,000.
有人致电出价30万 32万
340,000 pounds.
34万镑
360,000. 380,000. 380,000 pounds…
36万 38万 38万英镑…
This auction’s by appointment only, sir. do I hear 400,000 pounds?
拍卖♥♥是要提前预约的 先生 有人出价40万镑吗?
Yeah, listen, pal, I just need to speak
哥们 是这样子的 我只是想
To the gentleman over there just for a moment, okay? I’m sorry, sir.
和那位先生说句话 不好意思 先生
Sold… for 380,000 pounds to bidder 7-5-5. thank you.
成交… 38万镑售予755号♥买♥♥主 谢谢
Just for a minute, all right? look–
只要一点时间 好吗? 听着…
Mr. widmore. desmond?
Widmore. Desmond先生?
Can I have a word, sir? I’m sorry, mr. widmore. he–
能和你说句话吗 先生? 对不起 Widmore先生 他…
No, no, it’s fine. …possession of charles dickens when he died.
哦 没事… 这是Charles Dickens死时的财产
Walk with me. we open the bidding on this lot…
跟我来 我们开始竞拍此件物品…
Your word. let’s have it.
说吧 想说什么
I need to get in touch with penny.N513
我要和Penny联♥系♥
I don’t know how to reach her,
我不知道如何联♥系♥她
And her number’s been disconnected.
她的号♥码已经无效了
There was a time when if you’d have asked her to marry you,
曾经有段时间 如果你向她求婚的话
I’m certain she would’ve said yes.
我确信她一定会答应的
Fortunately…
但幸运的是…
Your cowardice won out instead.
你的怯懦赢得了上风
I take it you’ve had second thoughts.
我将此视为你又改变主意了
And you’d like her to give you another chance.
你希望她能再给你一次机会
Why do you hate me so much?
为什么你这么恨我?
It’s not me who hates you.
恨你的不是我
Here’s her address.
这是她的地址
I’ll let her tell you herself.
让她自己告诉你吧
I know. it’s getting harder.
我知道 越来越难了
It starts happening faster, too.
而且这种情况开始更快出现了
Come on. let’s move.
来吧 行动吧
Hey, how did this happen to you?
喂 这怎么会发生在你身上的?
We were anchored here, waiting for our orders,
我们在此下锚 等待命令