can be observed and recorded
都将在此被观察与记录
not only for posterity,
这不仅为后人留下研究资料
but for the ongoing refinement of the Initiative as a whole.
同时也为了计划的整体进行
As Karen DeGroot herself has written,
正如Karen Degroot自己所写
Careful observation
细致的观察
is the only key to true and complete awareness.
是得到完整真知的唯一途径
Your tour of duty in The Pearl will last three weeks
你们在珍珠监察站内的任务为期三周
and during this time you and your partner
在此期间 你和你的同伴
will observe a psychological experiment in progress
会观测到一个正在进行的心理学实验
Your duty is to observe
你们的任务是观察
team members in another station on the island.
岛上另一站点的队员
These team members
这些成员
are not aware they are under surveillance
并不知晓其身处被监视状态
or that they are subjects of an experiment.
也不知道其身为实验对象
Working in eight-hour shifts,
你和你的同伴将按八小时制轮流值班
you and your partner will record everything you observe
记录下所观测到的所有情况
in the notebooks we’ve provided.
并在我们提供的笔记本上记录下来
What is the nature of the experiment, you might ask?
这一实验的目的何在? 你们可能对此产生疑问
What do these subjects believe they are accomplishing
这些实验对象努力完成每项任务
as they struggle to fulfill their tasks?
是为了达成什么目的?
You, as the observer, don’t need to know.
作为观测者的你们无需了解
All you need to know
你们只需记住
is the subjects
这些实验对象
believe their job is of the utmost importance.
相信其任务的重要性
Remember, everything that occurs,
记住 发生的每件事
no matter how minute or seemingly unimportant
不管多么小或看起来多么不重要
must be recorded.
都要记录
Each time a notebook is filled
一旦一本笔记本记满了
with the fruits of your diligent observation,
你们辛勤观测的结果
roll it up, and place it in one of the containers provided.
卷起来 把它放进准备好的容器里
Then simply place the container
然后只需把该容器
in the pneumatic tube
放进气动导管里
and presto,
然后…嗖的一下
it will be transported directly to us.
我们就能拿到你们的报告了
At the end of your eight-hour shift,
每次八小时轮岗时间到了之后
proceed to the Pala Ferry,
去巴拉渡口
which will take you back to
你会被带回…
On behalf of the DeGroots, Alvar Hanso,
谨代表 Degroots Alvar Hanso
and all of us here at The Dharma Initiative
以及全体达摩启动计划成员
thank you.
谢谢你们
Namaste
向你们致敬…
and good luck.
并祝你们好运
Would you like to watch that again?
想再看一遍吗?
No.
不了
No, I’ve seen enough.
不 我看够了
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
I’m taking this back with us.
我要把这些带回去
Why?
为什么?
Because they may be important.
因为这些可能很重要
Important?
重要?
I’m sorry.
等一下
Weren’t you just watching the same thing I was?
你刚才不是跟我一起看了那段影片吗?
Yes, John
是的 John
and I believe the work you have been doing
我相信你一直在做的工作
is more important now than ever.
十分重要 我愈加坚信这一点
What work?
什么…工作?
Pushing the button.
按那个按键
That’s not work.
那不是工作
That’s
那是
a joke.
一个笑话
Rats in a maze
竹篮打水
with no cheese.
一场空
It is work, John.
那是工作 John
We are being tested.
我们在被考验
Tested?
考验?
The reason to do it, push the button,
按那个按键的原因…
is not because we are told to do so in a film.
不是因为在影片里他叫我们这么做
Oh, well.
好吧
Well, then, what is the reason
那么原因是什么呢…
Mr. Eko?
Eko先生?
We do it because we believe we are meant to.
我们做是因为我们相信自己注定要做
Isn’t that the reason you pushed it, John?
你不也是因为这才按按键的吗 John?
I was never
我从来没有…
meant to
注定…
do anything!
要去做任何事
Every single second of my pathetic little life
我那可悲的卑贱的生命里的每一秒钟
is as useless as that button!
都跟那个按键一样毫无意义
You think it’s important? You think it’s necessary?
你认为这很重要? 你认为这有必要?
It’s nothing. It’s nothing.
这些什么都不是 什么都不是
It’s meaningless.
这些毫无意义
And who are you to tell me that it’s not?
你又凭什么告诉我这些?
That’s flight 815 leaving from gate 23.
这是815号♥航♥班♥ 从23号♥门登机
Thank you.
谢谢
What are you doing here?
你来这儿干嘛?
I had to see you.
我要见你
Look, your father said… I know.
听着 我父亲叫我别来… 我知道
He doesn’t want me talking to you
他不想让我和你说话
nd I know you probably think I’m crazy,
我知道你或许觉得我疯了
but I have a message for you and I promised to deliver it.
可我答应要给你带个口信
A message?
口信?
He says you were a good priest.
他说你是个好神父
Who says that?
谁说的?
Yemi
Yemi
Speaking about my brother
别拿我弟弟的名字…
is not a joke,
开玩笑
so you should be very careful what you say next.
当心你说的话
I saw him when I was between places.
当我在 另一个空间徘徊时 我见到了他
He said that you would come and see me.
他说你会来看我
He said even though you were pretending,
他说尽管你极力伪装
you’re a good man.
你仍是个好人
Who put you up to this?
这是谁叫你说的?
Did your father tell you to do this?
是你父亲吗?
He wants you to know he will see you soon.
他要我告诉你你们很快会见面的
He said that even though you don’t have faith in yourself
他说尽管你对自己没信心
he has faith in you.
他对你却很有信心
Why are you doing this to me?
你干吗这样对我?
What do you want? Why are you doing this to me?
你想要什么? 你为什么这样做?
Is everything…
你们…
all right?
没事吧?
He has faith in you.
他相信你
One day you’ll believe me.
总有一天 你会相信我的
This cross was worn by my brother Yemi.
这个十字架是我弟弟Yemi的
Yemi was a great man,
Yemi是个了不起的人
a priest
一个牧师
a man of God,
上帝的仆人
and because I betrayed him, he was shot and died.
因为我背叛了他 他被枪杀了
He was placed on a plane
他被放在一架飞机上
which took off from an airstrip in Nigeria,
从尼日利亚的跑道起飞
half a world from here.
远在地球的另一边
Then the plane that I was on
然后 我坐的飞机
crashed on this island.
在这个岛上坠毁了
And somehow, here,
不知何故 就在这儿
I found my brother again.
我又找到了我的弟弟
I found him in the same plane that took off from Nigeria,
我在那架从尼日利亚起飞的飞机上发现了他
in the same plane that lies above us now
就是现在我们上面的那架
that has concealed this place.
掩盖住这个地方的飞机
And I took this cross from around Yemi’s neck
我从Yemi脖子上取下这个十字架
and put it back on mine.
戴在自己脖子上
Just as it was
就像
on the day I first took another man’s life.
我第一次杀人的那天一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!