我当然选钻石
I’ll take the stones.
我可不能把一棵树装进我的手提箱里
It’s kind of hard to get a tree trunk into my hand luggage.
我知道你在计划反击
I know you’re planning a new offensive.
如果你能推迟计划一周
If you can delay a week,
我可以给你装甲车
I can get you armored personnel carriers.
它可以有效的减少你的伤亡人数
They’d greatly reduce your casualties…
还可以给你在战场上的优势
…and give you a significant strategic advantage.
你知道他们叫我战争之王
You know, they call me the Lord Of War.
我想你才是
But perhaps it is you.
不是战争之王,应该叫军阀
It’s not “Lord Of War,” it’s “Warlord.”
谢谢,但是我喜欢这么说
Thank you, but I prefer it my way.
钻石在西非是最常用的货币
Conflict diamonds are a common currency in West Africa,
也叫做血之钻石
also referred to as “blood diamonds”
因为这些钻石往往都被用于资助流血战争
since bloodshed is what they generally finance.
在20世纪末期
By the late ’90s, my wealth had caught up
我的财富已经和我说谎时讲的差不多了
to my lies about my welth.
也许比我说谎时讲的还要多
Even surpassed my lies.
我甚至有财力去收藏艺术品
I could even afford to become a patron of the arts.
哇,真不敢相信
It’s just that I can’t believe it.
这当然很棒
Well, of… of course, it’s wonderful.
我只是…
I just…
只是没想到这么快发生
I didn’t expect it to happen so soon.
是…那…也很好
Yes. Well, that wou-that would be great, too yeah.
太好了,真谢谢你
It’s wonderful. Thank you so much.
是…尤里…好…谢谢…再见
It’s… Yuri. Okay, thank you. Bye.
刚电♥话♥里是那个艺术商
Yuri, that was the dealer on the phone.
我卖♥♥了第一张画
I just sold my first painting.
哇,真是太棒了
Aah! That’s fantastic.
谁买♥♥了?
Uh, who bought it?
一位要人
It’s someone important.
不愿透漏姓名
They want to remain anonymous.
真棒! -对呀!这次外出都好吗?
This is so wonderful! – How was your trip?
哦…差不多啦…
You know, same old, same old.
尼奇呢?
Where’s Nicki?
他睡了,撑不住了
Oh, in bed, I’m sorry. He couldn’t stay up.
不要紧
That’s best.
第一副画耶!
My first painting!
我正式成为艺术家啦!
I’m officially an artist!
值得干一杯 -谁说不是?
This calls for a drink. – What doesn’t?

Hi.
尤里,这是…呃…
Yuri, this is uh…
小蜜糖
Candy.
小蜜糖!当然咯!
Candy. Of course.
我弟弟的朋友都是…
Any friend of my brother’s is a…
我弟弟的朋友
friend of my brother’s.
好漂亮哦!你的…一切
You have a beautiful… everything.
他当然是
Yes, he does.
是…我当然是
Yes, I do.
我要去看看尼奇
I’m going to kiss Nicki goodnight.
老弟,还好吗?
How are you, brother?
你知道的…
Well, you know,
我是家里的败类
still the resident family fuckup.
嗯…呃…总得有一个吧
Yeah. Well, I guess someone has to do it.

Well.
艾娃知道你在干嘛,对吧?
Hey, Ava knows, right?
我可不想说
I never want to say anything,
她不需要了解 她懂的
She doesn’t have to know. She understands.
她是一个幸存者,跟我一样
She’s a survivor, like me.
她也许是
She may be a survivor,
但她绝对跟你不一样
but she’s not like you.
她不知道你怎么负担得起这一切
Really She doesn’t know how you pay for all this
我们从不提这事儿
We don’t talk about it.
卖♥♥♥车♥的会告诉你车有危险?
How many car salesman talk about their work? Huh?
卖♥♥香烟的会吗? 每年他们的商品
How many cigarette salesmen? Both their products kill more people
比我的枪害死更多人
every year than mine.
起码我的商品还有安全栓呢
At least mine has a safety switch.
那些人不会把工作上的事带回家
If those guys can leave their work at the office,
我也不会
so can I.
天啊…妈的…你真行!
God damn, you are good!
真的
You really are.
你差点让我相信了
You almost had me convinced.
你能…
Could you…
帮帮我吗?
could you help me out with…
为什么?
Why?
什么?
Why?
为什么?
Why?
什么为什么?
Why what?
为什么?
Why?
为什么?- 我不知道
Why? I don’t know.
为什么?- 我不知道
Why… I don’t know.
什么?
Why what?
为什么你老闯祸?
Why’re you so fucked up all the time?
我就是这样,不知道为什么
Because I am. I don’t know.
我不清楚艾娃知道多少…
I didn’t know how much Ava really knew…
还是装做看不见
and how much she ignored.
她从不问我为何一个做运输业的
She never questioned how a guy in the transport business
能买♥♥得起18克拉的耳环
could afford to give her 18 carat diamond earrings.
我想她也不希望知道答案
I guess she didn’t want to hear the answer.
她似乎对我
Mostly, She seemed content
养家的能力很满意 她也认为我对她
that I was a good provider and as far as she was concerned,
很忠实
loyal.
虽然我有在外逢场作戏
Despite the other women…
但每次做♥爱♥
I always made love to Ava
我都把她当成我唯一的女人
as if she was the only one.
我不是说生意都很顺利
I’m not saying I didn’t have setbacks.
没有枪子儿跑得快
It’s not called gunrunning for nothing.
怎能叫军♥火♥贩子
You gotta be fast on your feet.
有时军♥火♥还没运到 革命战争就已经爆发了
Some revolutions blow over the guns even get there.
对我们来说和平比什么代价都大
There’s nothing’s more expensive for an arms dealer than peace.
协议停火?停火是什么意思?
Truce? What do you mean, truce?
军♥火♥已经在途中了
The guns are already on their way.
和平谈判!
Peace talks.
好啦…算了…
All right, forget it.
我转运到巴尔干半岛
I’ll re-route the shipment to the Balkans.
当他们说要打仗时
When they talk about war,
他们总是信守承诺的
they keep their word.
有了新一代的军♥火♥商
Of course, a new breed of gunrunner
当然就要有新一代的警♥察♥
requires a new breed of cop.
亨利,走派克街
Henry, take Park Avenue.
带他们去新泽西逛逛
Take ’em on a tour of New Jersey.
尤里…有人朝我们的垃圾箱走来
Yuri, there are men going through our garbage cans.
大概是记者
Well, it’s probably just some reporters
找错人了吧
looking for somebody else.
我总觉得他们不是小报的记者
I have a feeling they don’t work for the tabloids.
尤里…
Yuri…
我该担心什么吗?
is there anything I should be worried about?
没…没事
No, nothing.
没事?
Nothing?
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
长官
Sir.
我现在是最好的,还活着的死亡军♥火♥贩
I was now the best merchant of death alive.
虽然我没有一架私人飞机 但我有一整队飞机
I didn’t own my own plane, I owned a fleet.
我每周至少一次运货去利比里亚,拉利昂和象牙海岸
Running guns into Liberia, Sierra Leone, or the lvory Coast at least once a week.
大部分时间我使用假证件
Most trips I had phony paperwork.
如果赶时间
The deadline was tight
我就只有冒险
and I had to cut corners,
干脆简单到连证件也省了
I had no paperwork at all.
我也不担心
But I wasn’t overly concerned.
非洲大部份地区没有雷达
There was hardly any radar over most of Africa

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!