At the time, the West couldn’t care less.
注:波黑战争时期
他们在南斯拉夫有一场白人的战争要打
They had a white war in what was left of Yugoslavia.
我最主要在利比里做我的生意
I did the bulk of my business in Liberia…
自♥由♥之地
“Land of the Free.”
一开始这里是黑人奴隶的自♥由♥之地
Originally established as a homeland for freed American slaves,
但是从那之后这些奴隶还是被这个或者另一个人统治着
it’s been enslaved by one dictator or another ever since.
最新的统治者是受过美国教育的
The latest was American-educated,
自封为总统的安德烈·巴特思
self declared president, Andre Baptiste.
尤里先生
Mr. Yuri!
我是安德烈·巴特思二世
I’m Andre Baptiste, Junior.
我的父亲想见你
My father would like to meet you.
真是荣幸
What an honor.
谢谢
Thank him.
但是我还有其他生意要做
But unfortunately I have other business.
对不起,我很忙
It’s a shame, it’s a very busy schedule.
应该说你没有选择的权利
It is not, as they say, optional.
我的父亲很容易生气
My father is easily offended.
我突然有时间了
My schedule just freed up.
巴布锑总统是我最好的客人
President Baptiste was my best customer
但是我不着急去见他
but I was in no hurry to meet him.
他消除异己的残忍♥手段路人皆知
He’d gotten a reputation for routinely hacking off the limbs of those who opposed him.
7年的内战
His seven-year civil war has been described…
被总结为纯粹为了暴♥力♥的战争
as “a relentless campaign of sadistic wanton violence.”
这就是我将要去见的安迪
That kind of sums up Andy for me.
这个转轮很有趣
The Glock is interesting.
他是合金制成的
It’s made of a polymer composite.
这样过机场安检就不会触发警铃
Many of my clients feel they can get through airport security without setting off a lot of bells and whistles.
但是我并不同意这样做
Personally I do not recommend that.
从另一方面来说
On the other hand,
如果你想要一种传统的大火力手♥枪♥
if you are looking for a traditional wheel gun,
没有一种枪可以代替
there is no substitute for the six inches
6英寸长的.357毫米马格南
of muzzle energy of a.357 magnum.
当然它从不卡壳
And of course, it will never jam.
你为什么这么做?
Why did you do that?
你说什么?
What did you say?
你必须买♥♥下它
Now you’ll have to buy it.
它已经被你用过了
It’s a used gun.
我怎么能卖♥♥掉用过的枪
How can I sell a used gun?
一把用过的枪
A used gun.
一把用过的枪
A used gun.
有趣
That’s a good one.
你知道吗?现在的年轻人没有纪律
You know there is no discipline with the youth today.
我只是想树立一个榜样 虽然这不容易
I try to set an example but it is difficult, eh?
我想这都是MTV的错
Personally, I blame MTV.
一把用过的枪
A used gun.
我想我们可以做生意了
I think you and I, we can do business.
如果说我害怕安德烈一世
If I thought I was scared of Andre Senior,
不如说我更害怕安德烈二世
I knew I was scared of Andre Junior.
有其父必有其子
Like father, like son.
就像果实从来不会掉到离树很远的地方
The guava doesn’t fall too far from the tree.
他简直是一个食人怪
He was also a cannibal.
他们说安德烈会吃掉
They say Andre would eat a victim’s heart
他的敌人还在跳动的心脏
while it was still beating
这样他可以得到超越常人的力量
to give him superhuman strength.
到蒙罗维亚就像到了另一个星球一样
Monrovia itself was like being on another planet.
蒙罗维亚星球
Planet Monrovia.
从气温来说
From the temperature,
它是最接近太阳的星球
it was obviously a planet close to the sun.
我从没见过另一个白人
I rarely saw another white man,
我从来不独自离开这个村庄
and I never left town alone.
这个村庄之外就是地狱的边缘
Outside town was the edge of hell.
我连看都不想看
I didn’t want to even gaze into it.
这就是你住的旅馆 2星级的
This is your hotel. Two stars.
你能带给我蓝博之枪吗?
Can you bring me the gun of Rambo?
第1,2,还是第3集的?
Part one, two, or three?
我只看过第一集
I’ve only seen part one.
M60
The M-60.
你想要带穿甲弹的吗?
Would you like the armor-piercing bullets?
太好了
Please.
我父亲留了一个见面礼在你房♥间里
My father left a welcoming present in your room.
慢慢享受吧
Enjoy.
我的天啊,她差点就被砍头了
My God, she nearly got her head cut off.
当我到美国时
When I get to America,
我不会住在那里
I will not live in Brentwood.
2楼
Second floor.
在全球艾滋病最流行的地方
In the most AIDS-infested region of the globe…
4人中就有1人感染
where one in four is infected…
安德烈和我开玩笑的方式
Andre’s idea of a joke was to put
就是把两个漂亮的女人放到我床上
a young lman and a young Naomi in my bed.
而且在方圆100英里内找不到避孕套
And no condom within 100 miles.
你好,尤里先生
Hello, Mr. Yuri.
好
Hi.
我们很高兴可以使你感觉高兴
We’d be happy to make you happy.
我不能,我想要做
Uh, I can’t. I’d love to.
但是我不能
But I can’t.
不要担心
Don’t worry.
我们没有病
We don’t have anything.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我们看起来像有病吗?
Do we look like it?
如果我有艾滋病呢?
What if I have AIDS?
你不担心吗?
Don’t you worry?
你担心的太多了
You worry too much.
为什么你现在担心一个
Why do you worry about something that
10年后才会杀死你的病
can kill you in ten years
今天就有很多机会你会死
when there are so many things that can kill you today?
现在
Now…
我们如何才能使你高兴
…how can we make you happy?
离开这里
By leaving.
这些武装到牙齿的儿童
These are my Kalashnikov Kids.
我的童子军
My Boy Brigades.
我知道你在想什么
I can see what you are thinking,
但是我们需要所有我们可以用的上的男性
but we need every man we can get.
即使他们还没有长大?
Even if they’re not men?
从14岁孩子的枪里射出的子弹
A bullet from a fourteen-year-old…
就像从40岁男人的枪里射出的子弹一样致命
…is just as effective as one from a forty-year-old.
也许更致命
Often more effective.
没有人可以阻止这场血浴之战
No one can stop this bath of blood.
不是血浴之战
It’s not “bath of blood.”
是浴血之战
It’s “bloodbath.”
谢谢
Thank you.
但是我喜欢这么说
But I prefer it my way.
我不会给你出的价钱
I am not going to pay your asking price.
我们并不富有
We are not a rich people. And besides,
而且市场上已经充斥着你的枪
the market is already flooded with your Kalashnikovs.
你知道在这个国家的某些地方
Do you realize in some parts of my country
你可以用一只鸡换一只枪
you can get one for the price of a chicken?
你不能只看单价
But you can’t just consider unit price.
还有其他辅助费用
You forget ancillary costs.
伪造文件
End-user certificates need to be forged and notarized,
建立空壳公♥司♥
Shell companies set up,
买♥♥保险,还有请临时工
insurance purchased, pilots and crews hired.
贿赂别人的钱也很多
Not to mention bribes.
不贿赂别人
You can’t get a nut and bolt out
你根本无法进入边界
of the Eastern Bloc without a bribe.
给那个疯子一笔贿赂
There’s one bribe for the nut,
还有一笔要给那个秃子
another for the bolt.
安迪,安迪 听我说
Andy… Andy, listen to me.
这是一个很费钱的生意
This is an expensive proposition.
“安迪”?
“Andy”?
我会付你木材或者钻石
I am going to pay you in timber or stones.