What really pissed me off was, um,…
有些事情我不太理解他的做法
..When I kind of made a comment about…
觉得他不能证明这些事的合理性
..I didn’t really understand,
发表了一些我自己的看法
or didn’t feel he could justify…
像是他把自己的孩子送去私人学校
..Sending his kids to private school,
或是关于什么资助基金
or “Grant-funded”, sorry.
这是种委婉的说法
That’s a… euphemism.
然后我就收到一封来自他办公室的信
Er, and I got a letter from his office,…
上面写着 别谈论这个
..Saying “Don’t talk about that.”
基本上
And that was really the end of my,
从那以后
kind of, er,…
我就完全对他们没兴趣了
..brief flirtation with them, you know.
所以他们进场的时候
Which is why, when they got in,
有五分钟的时间
and there was this five minutes of thanking everyone
都在感谢那些帮助捧高了他的人
who helped promote him,
我并没有真正感觉到
I didn’t really feel like
我融入了这个派对
I was part of the party.
但你现在可以把这些CD
But, you know, you can get these CDs now,
放在你演奏的地方
where you can play along.
他说他一整晚都在熬夜看选举结果
He’d stayed up to watch the election all night,…
我问他怎么能坚持一整晚不睡的
..And I asked him how he managed to stay up all night.
他靠过来 说
And he leant into me and said…
肯定跟你的方法不一样
..”Probably not by the same means you did.”
那会儿我想 真是他妈的自以为是的混♥蛋♥
And at that point I thought “You fucking Smartarse.”
不过他说得没错
And he was right, you know.
这次谈话很有趣
Um, I thought that was hilarious.
那之后我对他更加钦佩了
I had a lot of respect for him after that.
就这样吧
But there you go.
虽然照片有点傻 是吧
Photograph looks a bit shit, though, don’t it?
果浆乐队 《恐惧》
*This is our music from a bachelor’s den*
*The sound of loneliness*
*Turned up to ten*
*A horror soundtrack*
*From a stagnant water bed*
*And it sounds just like this*
*This is the sound of*
我有点恐惧
l got the fear
没错
Um… That’s true.
因为我已经得到了自己想要的
Well, because I got what I wanted, I suppose,…
我以为我一生中
..What I’d been after for, er,…
大多数时间
..For the most, for the…
在追寻的东西
..The majority of me life.
而实际的现实
And, then, the actual reality of that…
让我觉得很无聊
..I… thought were rubbish.
现在是周六晚上
It’s Saturday night
我们将看到
and we’re about to discover
谁来到了《大众明星》现场
who’s got Stars In Their Eyes!
这个聪明的男孩即将成为流行巨星
He’s a bright boy turned pop star,…
今晚的现场演出 加雷思·狄金森
..Because tonight, singing live, Gareth Dickinson is…
将化身为贾维斯·考科尔
..Jarvis Cocker!
果浆乐队 《普通人》
*She came from Greece, she had a thirst for knowledge…*
对 就是那种感觉
Oh, yeah, well, you just realise that
你刚刚意识到自己成为个重要的家伙
you’ve become a knobhead
这感觉就像
It was like you’ve lived…
那之前大概32年的时间…
I don’t know how old I was, 32, or something,…
就这样浑浑噩噩过了30多年
..So you’ve lived your life up to a certain point…
突然间
..For 30 years, and then, suddenly,
你的生活
all that experience…and life that you’ve led
完全不一样了
seems to not count for anything any more.
不可能再像以前一样生活
You can’t do those things any more,…
因为会有很多人关注你
..Cos you’ve got all these people going “Urrgghhh!”
所以
at you. So, you, er…
应该说这个世界
And yet the world that’s
现在对你敞开了大门
supposedly now opened its doors to you,…
嘿 先生
..”Yes, welcome, sir,
欢迎来到名人俱乐部
welcome to the celebrity club”,…
这感觉很糟
..Just seems to be really shite.
而我应付这种状况的方法
And… So, my way of dealing with that situation…
就是尽可能地把自己灌醉
..was to get as hammered as possible.
比夫·埃弗里试镜 第二场
Biff Avery screen test, take two.
我没带她去旅馆 是她带我去的
I didn’t take her to the motel, she took me
让我来教你些规矩
I’ll tell you the unwritten law,
你这个混♥蛋♥
you dumb son of a bitch.
嘿 我去过大学
Hey, I went to college once.
只不过他们说我的脑子里只有老鼠
But all they found were rats in my head.
你有没有觉得《This Is Hardcore》
Did you find This Is Hardcore,
这张专辑很难写
the album, a struggle to write?
《This Is Hardcore》 是的 非常难
This Is Hardcore? Yeah, it was awful
那是我人生中最糟糕的时候
And it was definitely the worst period of me life
毫无疑问
Without question.
说真的
I mean, really.
那时候我真是一团混乱
Cos I was just a mess.
为什么
Why?
真的
Well, I mean,…
服用药物没什么帮助
..Taking drugs doesn’t help.
你知道的 它们从来帮不上忙
That never helps in a situation, you know.
不会有人说
You don’t often hear people say…
自从他开始服用药物以后
..”Ooh, since he’s been taking them drugs,
成了个多么好的人
he’s such a nice person.”
他不再封闭在自己的世界里了
“He’s really come out of his shell,
他很棒 他成功了
he’s really nice. He’s blossomed.”
这是达蒙对90年代精确的描述
That was Damon’s accurate line of the ’90s
那时候药物盛行
There was a blizzard going on
对每个人而言都必不可少
lt just became the accessory
对我而言
For me, running Loaded,…
洗手间取代了高尔夫球场
..The toilet became the new golf course.
所有的交易都在那里进行
It was where all the deals were being done.
我为杂♥志♥撰稿
The amount of features that
列出了人们的种种特征
I got out for the magazine…
有的坐在那里
..From sitting chopping stuff out
从桌子或者洗手间里取出药物
over a table or a toilet,…
或者叫唤着
..Or a…
好的 我就来
“Oh, yeah, I’ll be in it!
没问题 再来点
No problem. Have another line.”
那是另一个英国
It’s another English…
像是 优秀的英国人行列
sort of, classic English queue.
也可以说
You know, another great…
可♥卡♥因♥的行列
the cocaine queue.
污迹乐队 《发条葵》
你当时最喜欢什么药物
What was your favourite substance?
那时候所有的人
Well, all around that time was people
都在大量吸食可♥卡♥因♥
taking loads of coke.
可♥卡♥因♥突然就变成了
Coke suddenly did become,
被普遍接受的
I mean, suddenly huge…
非常容易得到的东西
..And very readily available.
这种药物
Well, it’s a very self-congratulatory
让人们自鸣得意
kind of a drug, you know.
啊 没错 我们在创造未来
“Ah, yes, we’re inventing the future”
*Get nothing done*
*Hey a hey ah*
*You beetlebum*
*Oh a hoo*
*Just get numb*
*Now what you done?*
*Beetlebum*
*And when she lets me slip away*
*She turns me on*
*Then all my violence is gone*
90年代中期是个兴盛的时期
The mid-’90s was a very up time.
不过
But, er,…
我不认为
..I don’t think really
有人思考过以后
anyone was thinking about the consequences.
我觉得
You know.
政♥府♥也一样
The Government as well, I think,…
都忘我地沉浸着
..Got carried away.
人们都觉得 天啊 我们有很大的改变
It was just “My God, we’ve got a change.”
整个社会风潮都变了
“A change in climate.”
污迹乐队 《发条葵》
*Hey a hey ah*
*She’ll make you come*
*Oh a hoo*

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!