为什么要对我苦苦相逼
Why are you being so hard on me?
-都下午四点了 -总有人要给你点颜色
– It’s 4 p.M. – Someone has to do it.
大♥师♥ 你打算什么时候开始创作你的杰作
When do you begin your great work of art, Raphaella?
-不画了 -不画了 什么 为什么
– Never. – “Never”? What? Why?
我是个失败者
I’m a failure.
乔在纽约当作家
Jo is in New York being a writer,
而我是个失败者
and I’m a failure.
二十岁就下这个定论 为时尚早吧
That’s quite a statement to make at 20.
罗马褪去了我所有的虚荣心
Rome took all the vanity out of me,
巴黎让我意识到我永远成为不了天才
and Paris made me realize I’d never be a genius,
我放弃了所有不切实际的艺术梦想
so I’m giving up all my foolish artistic hopes.
为什么放弃 你那么有才华和热情
Why give up? You have so much talent and energy.
有才华和天才是两回事
Talent isn’t genius.
光有热情也当不了天才
And no amount of energy can make it so.
要么才华横溢 要么彻底放弃
I want to be great or nothing.
我才不要当个平庸的画匠
And I will not be some commonplace dauber,
我也不想再尝试了
and I don’t intend to try anymore.
什么样的女人才能进入天才俱乐部
What women are allowed into the club of geniuses anyway?
勃朗特三姐妹那样的吗
The Brontes?
十九世纪的三位英国作家
著有《简·爱》《呼啸山庄》《艾格妮丝·格雷》
-没有别人了吗 -我想是吧
– That’s it? – Yes, I think so.
又是谁来决定谁是天才呢
And who always declares genius?
-我想是男人吧 -这样就能减少竞争了
– Men, I suppose. – Cutting down the competition.
你这安慰人的说辞可真够高深的
That’s a very complicated argument to make me feel better.
那你好些了吗
Do you though? Do you feel better?
我确实觉得 在男男女♥女♥之中
I do think, male or female,
-我只是中庸之辈 -“中庸之辈”吗
– I am of middling talent. – “Middling talent”?
那我能否当你最后一幅画像的模特
Then may I ask your last portrait be of me?
-好吧 -既然你已经放弃了
– All right. – Now that you’ve given up
你荒谬的艺术梦
all your foolish artistic hopes…
你准备以什么谋生
What are you gonna do with your life?
完善我的其他才能
Polish up all my other talents
然后成为社交圈的装饰物
and become an ornament to society.
我猜你接下来要提弗莱德·沃恩了
Mm, that’s where Fred Vaughn comes in, I suppose.
-别取笑我 -我只是说了他的名字
– Don’t make fun. – I said his name.
-你还没订婚吧 -没有
– You’re not engaged, I hope. – No.
但如果他优雅地单膝跪地 你会答应的吧
But you will be if he goes down properly on one knee?
很有可能 是的
Most likely, yes.
他很富有 比你还富有
He’s rich. Richer than you, even.
我知道社交圈的女王没钱就没法过日子
I understand queens of society can’t get on without money,
不过你作为你母亲的女儿说出这话
although it does sound odd
听着还是有点怪异
from the mouth of one of your mother’s girls.
我一直清楚自己会嫁给有钱人
I’ve always known I would marry rich.
我为什么要以此为耻呢
Why should I be ashamed of that?
这没什么可耻的
There’s nothing to be ashamed of,
只要你是爱他的
as long as you love him.
我觉得我们有权决定我们要爱的是谁
I believe we have some power over who we love.
而不是随随便便就和一个人在一起
It isn’t something that just happens to a person.
我想诗人们可不这么认为
I think the poets might disagree.
我又不是诗人
Well, I’m not a poet.
我只是个女人
I’m just a woman.
作为女人 我没法自己挣钱
And as a woman, there’s no way for me to make my own money.
不足以维持生计或养家糊口
Not enough to earn a living or to support my family.
如果我有了自己的财产 当然我并没有
If I had my own money, which I don’t,
我一旦结婚 这笔财产就会
that money would belong to my husband
属于我的丈夫
the moment we got married.
如果有了孩子 财产就会归他所有 而不是我
If we had children, they would be his, not mine.
那就是他的财产了 所以别坐在这里
They would be his property. So don’t sit there and tell me
告诉我婚姻不是经济命题 本就是如此
that marriage isn’t an economic proposition, because it is.
可能对你来说不是 但于我而言就是如此
It may not be for you, but it most certainly is for me.
是弗莱德 能麻烦你帮我解开扣子吗
That’s Fred. Can you unbutton me, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
我看上去怎样 看着还好吗
How do I look? Do I look all right?
你看上去很美
You look beautiful.
你很美
You are beautiful.
弗莱德
Fred!
我想你了
I’ve missed you.
这是弗莱德·沃恩 这是他的姐姐凯特
This is Fred Vaughn and his sister, Kate.
你们应该认识布鲁克先生
Of course you know Mr. Brooke.
这是梅格 艾米 贝丝和乔
This is Meg, Amy, Beth and Jo.
-很高兴认识你们 -真优雅
– So pleased to meet you. – Oh, how elegant.
我是艾米·马奇 记住这个名字
I’m Amy March. You remember that name.
我以后会去伦敦找你的
I’m gonna come find you one day in London.
我一定会记住
I certainly will.
-没打中船 -真会说话
– That missed a boat. – That’s very kind.
不好意思
Sorry.
我知道你所不知道的事
I know something you don’t know.
快告诉我
Tell me this second.
梅格是不是把手套到处乱放了
Has Meg perhaps mislaid a glove?
-在布鲁克先生那里 -对
– Mr. Brooke has it! – Yes.
-你怎么知道的 -我看见了
– How do you know? – I saw it.
-在哪里 -在他的口袋里
– Where? – In his pocket.
-一直在他那吗 -对
– All this time? – Yes.
-是不是很浪漫 -不 这很可怕
– Isn’t it romantic? – No, it’s horrid.
-我还以为你会高兴的 -知道有人
– I thought you’d be pleased. – At the idea of anybody
会来把梅格带走吗 才不会 谢谢你了
coming to take Meg away? No, thank you.
等有人来把你带走 你就会好受多了
You’ll feel better about it when somebody comes to take you away.
我倒想看看谁愿意一试
I’d like to see anyone try it.
我也想看看谁愿意一试
I would like to see someone try as well.
“我们不会如此深爱地球
“We could never have loved the earth so well
出自英国作家乔治·艾略特的小说
《弗洛斯河上的磨坊》
若不是我们于此度过童年
if we had had no childhood in it,
若不是我们
if it were not the earth
曾用稚嫩手指采摘的鲜花
where the same flowers come up again every spring
年复一年地在春天里 在地球上绽放
that we used to gather with our tiny fingers.
怎样的新意才能值得如此甜美的轮回
What novelty is worth that sweet monotony
在这样的轮回中人们熟知并深爱一切
where everything is known and loved
因熟知而深爱”
because it is known?”
写得多好啊
How great is that?
我喜欢听你读书 乔
I love to listen to you read, Jo,
但我更喜欢
but I just love it better
听你读自己写的故事
when you read the stories you’ve written.
我没什么新故事可读了
I don’t have any new stories.
为什么
Why not?
我还没写出新的
Haven’t written any.
你有纸有笔
You have a pencil and paper.
就坐在这写点什么吧
Sit here and write me something.
我写不出来
I-I can’t.
我再也写不出来了
I don’t think I can anymore.
为什么
Why?
因为
It’s just…
反正没人想听我的故事
no one even cares to hear my stories anyway.
为我写点什么吧
Write something for me.
你是一名作家
You are a writer.
在你还没出名 拿不到稿费时就是了
Even before anyone knew or paid you.
我病得很重 你要照我说的做
I’m very sick, and you must do what I say.
像妈妈曾教导我们的那样
Do what Marmee taught us to do.
为他人奉献
Do it for someone else.
如果你要徒步去佛蒙特州的话
If you’re walking to Vermont,
新罕布♥什♥尔州的基恩市有一位苏埃尔夫人
there’s a Mrs. Sewell in Keene, New Hampshire,
她会为你提供食宿
who will give you room and board.
给你
There you are.
你回家去找女儿们吧 这里有我就行
You should go home to the girls. I can take care of this.
不用 我得待在这
No, I need to be here.
我这一生一直以祖国为耻
I’ve spent my whole life ashamed of my country.
无意冒犯 但你应该依然如此
No offense meant, but you should still be ashamed.
我明白 正是这样
I know. I am.
-你好 先生 -你好 夫人
– Hello, sir. – Hello, ma’am.
你有儿子在军中吗
Do you have sons in the Army?
是的 夫人 我有四个儿子
Yes, ma’am. I had four.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!