我也不知道从那来的勇气
I’m not sure how I got the courage.
也许是因为雪梨.坦普尔(女孩身上裙子的品牌)的诱惑
Maybe it was the buzz in the Shirley Temple.
也许是因为罗斯顿.哈里斯…
Maybe it was Loston Harris…
…这个公认的优秀歌♥手的歌♥声
…the greatest singer this little town has ever known.
而且我知道如果关系不更进一步的话…
But I knew our relationship had to get to the next step…
…我跟罗斯玛利就只能永远是空手道的伙伴
…or Rosemary and I would just remain karate friends forever.
我从来都没发觉…
Never had I been so keenly aware…
…原来我的手可以出那么多的汗
…of the ability of my palm to manufacture sweat.
但我已经决定要一直拉着这女孩的手
But I was determined to hold that girl’s hand for every single second.
这是什么意思?她讨厌我?
What does this mean? Does she hate me?
觉得我太放肆了?我是不是太急了点?
Is she grossed out by me? Am I pushing everything way too fast?
我终于理解了这些荒谬的情歌♥了
All those ridiculous songs about love, I finally understood.
不用到下一个地方了 我们在这下车走回去
Forget the second stop. We’re gonna waIk from here too.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了,你们俩就在这道别吧…
Well, you guys say your good nights now…
…我跟你♥爸♥爸要去买♥♥点牛奶和早点
and Daddy and I are gonna get some milk for breakfast tomorrow, okay? So….
晚安,特丽斯科夫人
Good night, Mrs. Telesco.
– 谢谢你赏面哦,加布 – 我谢才对
-Oh, thank you for coming, Gabe. -Oh, thank you.
你父母人真好
Your parents are cool.
可别人都说我早晚会讨厌他们
Everyone says I’m gonna hate them in a few years.
– 你觉得会吗? – 或许吧
-Think you will? -Probably.
要是人人这么说的话
If people say so.
是时候了
This is the time.
我知道,她也知道
I know it. She knows it.
天哪,也许她父母也知道
My God, even her parents know it.
我还不把握机会吻她?
Why can’t I kiss her?
怎么还不行动呢?难道怕若虱子?
What’s stopping me? Is it cooties I fear?
周末是我阿姨的大好日子
So, big wedding this weekend.
对哦,我都忘了
Yeah, right. I forgot about that.
我希望你也来
I wish you could come.
不然一定很无聊
It’s gonna be really boring.
嗯,我也很想看你当花童的模样
Yeah, I really want to see you do your fIower-girl thing.
我已经为那天准备好了
Part of me is sure I’m gonna tr–
我?我做的对吗?
Did–? Did I do it right?
我不知道,我也没什么可以参照的
I don’t know. I’ve absolutely nothing to compare it to.
天啊,我是不是太放肆了
My God, was I even close?
我…我该走了
I– I should go.
嗯
Yeah.
– 晚安 – 晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
嘿,今晚玩的开心吗?小罗密欧
Hey, how was your night, little Romeo?
不错,非常好
It was good. It was great.
还行吧,我觉得
Fine, I think.
我脑子里一片空白
But I had no idea.
那一瞬间的画面反反复复的呈现眼前
I kept playing the moment over and over and over in my head.
会不会太快?太主动?太放肆了?
Was it too fast? Too hard? Too gross?
她其实想不想我吻她呢?
Did she actually want me to kiss her?
我该走了,我该走了,我该走了
I gotta go. I gotta go. I gotta go.
是不是我吓跑她了
Or did I scare her away?
这下糟了,我的心窝感受到一种新的感觉
I had it bad. This new feeling deep in the pit of my stomach.
可能就是相思症
This horrible lovesickness.
也可能是所谓的虱子效应
Maybe this is what cooties are.
第二天,我麻木了
By the next day, I was a wreck.
我故意不给她打电♥话♥
I purposely didn’t call her.
其实,除了想冷静一下以外
还因为我知道能在空手道班见到她
Okay, except for one hang-up. Because I knew I would see her in karate.
我提前了10分钟到
I got to class 10 minutes early.
– 嘿 – 嘿
-Hey. -Hey.
我知道自己为什么提早来了
Okay, I knew what I was doing here early.
可他却是为了什么呢?
But what was he?
不过有一点可以肯定
One thing was clear.
有些事应该在此事此地来个了结
This business had to be settled right here and right now.
斯雷保
Staples.
想一下倒是挺简单
If only life was so simple.
三点零九分了,她怎么还没来
Three-oh-nine. She’s not even coming.
她不会不想见我吧
She doesn’t even wanna see me.
她退学了?她讨厌我?
She’s blowing off class. She hates me.
拳头要像锤子一样
Your fist should be like a hammer.
她来了,她出现了,她还是喜欢我
She came. She’s here. She loves me.
– 不好意思,我来晚了
– 特丽斯科小姐,快进去练习吧
-Sorry I’m late. -Miss Telesco, nice of you to join us.
等等,那代表什么?
Wait a minute. What was that?
那是微笑吗?又好像有点不高兴
Was that a smile? Or is she, like, mad at me?
为什么会不高兴呢,我不过吻了她一下
Why would she be mad at me? I only kissed her.
我吻她有错吗?我到底在想什么?
Why the heck did I kiss her? What was I possibly thinking?
估计没多少的事比看着心爱的女人 跟另外一个男人扭打在一起更痛苦
There are very few things more painful than watching
the woman you love…grapple with another man.
事实上,应该说
Actually, I take that back.
这是最痛苦的事
There are no things more painful.
加布,你已经被抛弃了
The answer lies within you, Gabril, and you alone.
你一定要找回你的力量
You must find your strength.
你的集中力,和你的决心
Your focus. Your determination.
可怜的大卫,他完全是无辜的
Poor David Betanahu. He was just an innocent victim in all this.
却因我的感情问题受到了牵连
Collateral damage in this love affair.
一,二,三,四
One, two, three, four.
我的视线无法离开她
I couldn’t take my eyes off her.
– 高踢 – 她喜欢我
-High block. -She loves me.
– 中拳 – 她不喜欢我
-Middle punch. -She loves me not.
– 侧踢 – 她喜欢我
-Side kick. -She loves me.
不喜欢我,喜欢我
Loves me not. She loves me.
不喜欢,喜欢,不喜欢
Not. Not. Loves. Not.
3点51分,我已经陷入疯狂了
By 3:51, I had descended fully into madness.
– 有谁要参加黄带测试吗? – 我!
-Who wants to take their yellow-belt exam? -Me!
啊,加布,你暂时还没到那程度吧
Ah, Gabe, the moment of reckoning is upon us.
嗯,也许我是有点冲动 但我只是想回到她身边
Okay, maybe I was a little overeager. But it was my only way back to her.
幸运的是,在我的背后 有专家中的专家支持我
Luckily, I had the great master of masters in my corner.
很好,很好
Very nice, very nice.
– 让我看看你的前手冲吧 – 加布,换脚
-Let’s see your maete zuki now. -Gabriel, switch.
打,打,扫
Hit, hit, sweep.
很好,很好
Very nice. Very nice.
你进步了很多
You’ve come a long way.
非常好,加布,非常好
Excellent, Gabriel. Excellent.
好,轮到劈板了
Now, time for the break.
阻隔在我跟我深爱的女人之间…
All that stood between me and the woman I loved…
…就只剩一片半寸厚的木板
…was a half-inch piece of plywood.
一鼓作气,加布,一鼓作气
Be the board, Gabe. Be the board.
那一刻,我变的坚韧无比
At that moment, I was the board.
疼死我了,疼死我了,我的天啊
The pain! The pain! Oh, my God!
之后的事我就想不起来了
I don’t remember much after that.
– 加布 – 靠,他们说我晕过去了
-Gabe. -Damn. They said I blacked out.
嗨
Hi.
我想你以后不再练空手道了吧
I guess this is the end of karate, huh?
我是个定位球手
I’m a place-kicker.
只要肯努力,万事可成功 我坚信这句话,加布
If you work hard, you can achieve anything. I really beIieve that, Gabe.
或许吧
Whatever.
嘿,我一收到信息就赶过来了 到底怎么回事?
Hey, I came as soon as I got the message. What happened?
他考黄带时受了点挫折
He went a little too hard for his yellow belt.
回家路上给你买♥♥冰淇淋吃,怎么样?
Sounds like we’re gonna need some ice cream on the way home, huh?
不用了,谢谢
No, thanks.
就这样么?
Was this it?
这就是我跟罗斯玛利的结局?
Was this the end for me and Rosemary?
我们俩之间就仅有两周半而已吗?
Two and a half weeks was all the time we were going to be allowed?
我不打算给她打电♥话♥ 那样显得很懦弱
I was not gonna call her. That would be weak.
晚上我下定了决心不再懦弱
And I resolved that night to be weak no longer.
喂
Hello.
– 喂,是伯顿夫人吗? – 不,我是加布
-Hello, Mrs. Burton? -No, this is Gabe.
被误会是妈妈也无所谓,因为打来的是她
Who cares if she thought I was my mother? It was her.
– 喂 – 妈,是我的电♥话♥
-Hello? -No, Mom, I got it.
– 那是谁? – 妈,是我的电♥话♥,快挂上
-Who is it? -Mom, I got it. Hang up now.
好吧,小王爷
Okay, hon.
– 嘿 – 嘿,你的手没事吧?
-Hey. -Hey, how’s your hand?
我的手?没事,已经不疼了