Wood-burning fireplace.
嗯,我看到了
Yeah, I noticed.
其实,我根本就不知道 我们要找什么样的房♥子
I didn’t know what we were looking for exactly.
你觉得怎样
What do you think?
我蛮喜欢的
I like it.
很好,很不错
It’s nice, amazing.
但是有一点我是知道的
But I knew one thing for certain.
嗯
Yeah.
这绝对是我所见过最浪漫的树梢景观
It was the most romantic treetop view I ever saw.
我们沿着哈森河骑车回家,穿越67个街区
We came home up the bike path along the Hudson. Sixty-seven blocks.
是我短短的有生之年中最艰巨的旅途
The most physically grueling experience in my short life on this planet.
不过我一点都不觉得
But I barely felt it.
我完全没感受到可笑和滑稽
I never felt so ridiculously wonderful.
在纽约这条的路线,我一定会铭记于心
This was New York the way I always want to remember it.
这里像是万事皆有可能,到处充满希望
A place where anything is possible. The city of dreams.
– 这个是什么地方? – 噢,这个啊
-What’s this? -Oh, this?
你不知道吗?
You don’t know about this?
这个是纽约市最小的公园
It’s the smallest park in New York City.
以前有个委员死了 留下了他的市政厅…
Some commissioner died and left his whole townhouse…
…后来废弃成了公园
…to be knocked down for a park.
为什么我没听说过
How come I didn’t know about this?
像你这些住百老汇的人是不会来这边的
Nobody on your side of Broadway ever comes over this way.
所以西区一直很荒凉
That’s what’s so cool about West End.
– 你经常来这吗? – 其实,我….
-Do you come here a lot? -Actually, I….
我已经很久没来了
I haven’t been here in quite a while.
嘿,小家伙
Hey, Mini Me.
你们在我的公园干什么
What are you doing in my park?
不是吧,卡瑞.凯阵 怎么能现在出现呢
Oh, no way. Not Daryl Kitzens. Not now.
这里是公共公园
It’s a public park.
她在干嘛,居然挑衅他
What’s she doing? Inciting him?
难道她不知道野兽吃软不吃硬
Didn’t she know that wild animals need to be placated?
其实这公园能容下我们一起玩的
I think this park’s big enough for all of us, right?
我在开什么玩笑
Who were we kidding?
一个空手道白带和一个空手道黄带…
A white belt and a yellow belt…
…面对来自P.S.87(学校)的卡瑞.凯阵
…facing off against the Darth Maul of P.S. 87.
我们这回麻烦大了
We were gonna get creamed.
你们走错地方了吧,小家伙
You picked the wrong park, little man.
混出我的公园
Get the hell out my park.
你死定了!
You’re dead!
走吧,快逃,快逃,快点
Come on. Run, run, hurry.
上车,走,走,走
Hop on. Go, go, go.
他追上来了,他追上来了!
He’s coming, he’s coming!
快点,他追上来了!
Go faster, he’s coming!
– 要转红灯了 – 扶稳了
-Make the light. -Hold on.
一天的冒险之旅让我俩无法平静
We were both still flushed from our day of adventure.
– 呃..再见了 – 再见
-Well, good night. -Good night.
我应该跟达里尔拼一拼…
I could do battle with Daryl Kitzens…
…为什么我不在她面前表现一下呢
…so why can’t I just lean in to her?
勇敢点,你这个懦夫!
Do it. Do it, you wimp. Do it!
今天很开心
That was fun.
嗯,是的
Yeah, it was.
害怕他找到我们吗?
Scared he’s gonna hunt us down?
看来这个夏天余下的日子都要少点露面了
I just have to keep a Iow profile for the rest of the summer.
然后秋天的时候转学到一个军事学校去
And, of course, transfer to a military school in the fall.
我只需要躲一周左右就行了
I just have to keep a low profile for one more week.
一周?
A week?
呃,下周日,参加完婚礼后 我就要去夏令营了
Well, next Sunday, after the wedding, I’m going to camp.
夏令营
Camp?
多长时间啊?
For how long?
– 六个星期 – 六个星期?
-For six weeks. -Six weeks?
她还不如说她快要死了
She might as well have said she’s dying.
– 一定很好玩 – 嗯
-That’s fantastic. -Yeah.
– 我该回去了 – 嗯
-I better get inside. -Yeah.
– 再见 – 再见
-Good night -Good night.
她都要去夏令营了,我还没吻过她
What if she goes to camp and I never get to kiss her?
情况就是这样,显而易见
That’s the way it’s gonna be. It’s so obvious.
每一次机会出现,我都只会说:
Every opportunity I have will go the same way:
“再见” “再见”
”Good night. ” ”Good night. ”
不行,下次一定不可以这样
No, I will not let that happen.
我要在她登上开往缅因州的巴士之前吻她
(注:缅因州-美国东北某州)
I will kiss her before she gets on that bus to Maine.
我一定会的,我一定会的!
I will, I will, I will!
加布
Gabe?
就是他,他回来了,谢天谢地啊
如果他们不臭骂你一顿,就让我来
That’s him, there he is. Oh, thank God. If they don’t kill you, I’m gonna.
原来马克斯今天没有去游乐园
So it turns out Max Kovinsky didn’t go to Six Flags after all.
他生病了
He got sick.
我妈在路上碰到了她妈妈…
My mother actually ended up running into his mother at the Fairway…
…当然,她聊了起来
…and, well, they got to talking.
什么?
What?
加布,过来,过来
Gabe, come here. Come here.
以后不许在我们不知道的情况下到任何地方
Don’t you ever go anywhere again without us knowing where you are.
你听到了吗?你把我们吓坏了
Do you hear me? You had us scared half to death.
至于给我的处罚 不许打电♥话♥,不许看电视…
My punishment? No phone, no TV…
…48小时内不许离开家门半步
…no leaving the apartment for 48 hours.
这是长时间来,我爸妈第一次达成的共识
It was the first thing my parents agreed on in a long time.
– 求求你 – 我有必要给罗斯玛利妈妈打个电♥话♥吗?
-Please. -Do I have to call Rosemary’s mother?
不,什么电♥话♥也不要打
No, don’t call anyone.
你不知道不能离开附近九个广场街区吗?
I thought we had an understanding on the nine square blocks.
– 我知道 – 那我就得那么做
-We do. -That’s the only way that this can work.
看来我必须牺牲自己博取同情…
I had to throw myself on the mercy of the court…
…以换取继续上空手道班的许可
…to get special permission to go to karate class.
做什么都可以,整个夏天我负责刷碗
I’ll do anything. I’ll wash dishes for the rest of the summer.
我保证
I promise I will.
无论如何我都不可以不上空手道班
It just wasn’t an option to miss that class.
你今天真是吓坏我们了
You scared the hell out of us today.
– 我知道,对不起 – 嗯,知道对不起代表什么吗?
-I know, I’m sorry. -Yeah, what does sorry mean?
对不起代表以后不会重犯
Sorry means I’m not gonna do it again.
– 嗯,不会重犯 – 对
-Right, never again. -Right.
– 对吗? – 对
-Right? -Right.
– 爸爸 – 嗯?
-Dad? -Yeah?
你…
Are…?
你打算搬出去吗?
Are you gonna move out?
这是早晚的事情,加布
Eventually, yeah, I am, Gabe.
呃…我….
Well, I….
– 我替你找了套房♥子 – 你什么?
-I found an apartment for you. -You what?
这就是为什么我今天出去了 是替你找房♥子去了
That’s where I went today. To look for an apartment for you.
– 你希望我搬出去吗? – 不,不,当然不想
-Do you want me to move out? -No, no, of course not.
不过,你也知道,要开始新的生活 就需要有实际行动
But, you know, maybe we can’t get our lives started again until you do.
你从哪来的鬼主意
Where do you get such big ideas?
– 不知道,反正我是这么想的 – 那套房♥子在什么地方?
-I don’t know. I just get them. -So where is this apartment?
格卢夫街,是套双卧室的房♥子
It’s a two-bedroom on Grove Street.
格林威治村?
In the Village?
– 嗯,有燃木的壁炉 – 不好
-Yeah, wood-burning fireplace. -No way.
– 为什么 – 离你太远了
-Why not? -It’s too far from you, champ.
我不会搬到离这超过三或四个街道的地方
I wouldn’t move more than…a three- or four-block radius from you.
等上大学了,你才可以远离爸爸
You’re gonna have to go college to get farther away from me.
– 行吗? – 好的
-Okay? -Okay.
– 睡吧 – 嗯
-Go to sleep. -All right.
那,你跟罗斯玛利到底怎么了?
So, what’s the deal with this Rosemary?
罗斯玛利?
Rosemary?
为什么这么问?
How do you mean?
没什么,我只不过是….
Nothing, I’m just not used to….
我们一起练空手道,爸爸
We do karate together, Dad.
她是我的练习伙伴
She’s my sparring partner.
– 嗯,不错 – 我没有主动选她啊
-Okay, great. -I didn’t even pick her.
明白了,孩子
Whatever you say, kid.
那天晚上,我做了这样一个梦
That night, I had this dream.
好球,耶!
All right, yeah!
– 我这有空档,伙计 – 加布
-I’m open, man! -Gabe.
我这有空档,加布
I’m open, Gabe.
这边来