在我领地的北面不远
A few yards north of my territory.
每次我偶尔的经过她家…
When I started, you know, casually riding past her building…
…我都会莫明的冒汗
…I was heading into some uncharted waters.
开始放暑假了,空手道课不是三天一次了
It was summer break.
Our next karate class wasn’t for three days.
知道在曼哈顿电♥话♥本上有多少叫特丽斯科的人吗?
Do you know how many Telescos there are
in the Manhattan phone book?
两个
Two.
– 特丽斯科 . – 一个是一家城外的肉店
-TeIescos’ . -One’s a butcher shop down in the Village.
罗斯玛利?没有,这里没有人叫罗斯玛利
Rosemary? No, there’s no Rosemary here.
– 据我所知… – 我是法兰克
-And trust me… -This is Frank.
…另外的一个也不是她家
…the other was not her either.
你好,罗斯玛利在吗?
Hi, is Rosemary there?
你这屁孩半小时前打过电♥话♥来了
You the kid that called a half an hour ago?
我还可以怎样呢,除了闲逛和期待
What was I to do? Except loiter and hope?
她家的看门人正看着我
Her doorman’s looking at me.
噢,天哪,她在那
Oh, my God, there she is.
可是我也没有什么心里准备
I didn’t have a contingency plan for if I actually saw her.
不管了,上去打个招呼再说
Just go up to her. Go, go. Say hi to her.
她好像很忙,要不改天再去吧
She looked so busy. I’ll talk to her another day.
胆小鬼,你真白♥痴♥ 怎么可以如此懦弱
Coward. You fool. How could you be so weak?
我不是懦弱,人之常情嘛
I’m not weak. I’m only human.
没什么可说,难道说“我正好路过”?太可笑了吧
What was I gonna say? ”I was
in the neighborhood”? That’s pathetic.
你明明就是懦弱,你才可笑了
No, you’re weak and you’re pathetic.
你难道想一辈子当光棍
And you’re gonna be alone your entire life.
管他呢,我宁可当光棍也不愿受这种罪
Who cares? I’d rather be alone
than endure this misery and torment.
– 看着点路,孩子 – 加布?
-Watch it, chiId. -Gabe?
噢!嗨,好吗?
Oh, hi. How’s it going?
我..刚好经过附近
I’m just, you know, in the neighborhood.
– 你住在这附近吗? – 啊,西区73街
-Don’t you Iive in the neighborhood?
-Well, 73rd and West End.
我想也可算是这附近吧
I guess it sort of depends on how the neighborhood is defined.
大家是不是觉得我很失败呢
Could I sound like any more of a loser?
呃,你们要上哪去啊?
So, what are you guys up to?
哦,我妹妹要到公园去参加一个生日派对
Well, my sister’s got a birthday party in the park.
我打算在那看看书
I’m just bringing my book.
– 要一起去吗? – 一起去?
-Wanna come? -Come?
好啊
Sure.
住手
Stop it.
– 觉得闷吗? – 没有
-Sorry you came? -Not yet.
– 泡泡 – 嗯,泡泡
-Bubble. -Bubbles, yeah.
你看看那边,像我上次所说吧 那两个小孩年纪一样大
Look. Look, there’s my point. Those two kids are the same age.
女孩子会手舞足蹈的说话…
She’s, like, talking, using her hands, telling stories…
…而男孩子就只懂拿着杯子蛋糕舔
…and he’s drooling over a cupcake.
– 他们俩不是一样大吧 – 要赌一把吗?
-They’re not the same age. -How much you wanna bet?
刚刚一大叔说那男孩比女孩小6个月
A buck says he’s six months younger than her.
– 就赌一支冰淇淋好了 – 哼,你等着替我买♥♥吧
-Buy me an ice cream? -No, you’re buying me one.
不好意思
Excuse me.
– 他是你儿子吗 – 嗯
-Is that your son? -Yeah.
– 他多大了? – 他两岁半
-How old is he? -He’s two and a half.
那小女孩呢,你知道她多大吗?
And that little girl, do you know how old she is?
她比我儿子小三个月
he’s three months younger.
这有什么了不起的
That proves nothing.
朋友们,你们看
Man, look at her.
你们见过比她更漂亮的女生吗?
Have you ever seen anyone more beautiful?
美貌与智慧于一体,正是我喜欢的类型
So smart too. She’s just my type.
嘿,从没想过自己居然有喜欢的类型
Wow, I didn’t even know I had a type.
现在要是能远离碍事的保姆,事情就好办了
Now, if I could only shake the nanny, we’d be in business.
– 要不咱们去买♥♥冰淇淋吧 – 现在?
-So should we get that ice cream now? -Now?
嗯,是啊,如果你想吃的话
Well, I mean, sure, if you want one.
– 贝迪,我们可以去买♥♥冰淇淋吗? – 行,快去快回哦
-Birdie, could we go get an ice cream? -Yeah, hurry back, now.
噢,不用了谢谢,我身上有钱
Oh, no, thanks. Unfortunately, this one’s on me.
我的第一次约会,耗费不小 吃的可是哈根达斯,宝贝们
My first date. The big spender. Haagen-Dazs all the way, baby.
不知道为什么跟她没话题了
So how come I have nothing to say to her?
她怎么不看着我呢
And why isn’t she looking at me?
我很可怕吗?还是有汗臭?
Am I that hideous? Do I smell?
– 你经常来这里吗? – 中♥央♥公园?
-You come here often? -CentraI Park?
– 嗯 – 这算是什么无聊问题
-Yeah. -What kind of question is that?
我恨死自己了
I hate myself.
我就住街对面,当然常来了,你呢?
I live across the street, you know. You?
– 我? – 你更多的是到河畔公园吧?
-Me? -Are you more Riverside?
嗯,我去河畔公园多些
Yeah, I’m more of a Riverside guy.
那才是真正的公园,不过中♥央♥公园也不错
That’s really the park. But CentraI Park’s pretty cool.
我蛮喜欢这里的
I’ve done my time here.
嘿,你知道‘草莓田地’是什么吗?
Hey, Strawberry Fields. You know what it’s named for?
– 是甲克虫的歌♥吗? – 接近了
-Some Beatles song, right? -Close.
其实它是利物浦一所孤儿院的名字…
It’s actually the name of the orphanage in Liverpool…
..约翰.列农(甲克虫成员)就是在那长大的
…where John Lennon used to pIay with his friends.
– 真的? – 嗯
-Really? -Yeah.
我从来没听说过
I didn’t know that. Neat.
我跟罗斯玛利在公园里绕 甜蜜的让人有点头昏目眩
I took Rosemary on a tour of the park that would make your head spin.
这里变成了我的公园,我的纽约
This was my Central Park, my New York.
嗯,他们当时还有上百的羊放牧在旷野
Yeah, they used to have herds and hundreds
and hundreds of sheep grazing these fields.
然后让牧羊人在狮房♥的动物园工作
And then they gave the sheepherder a job on the zoo at the lion house.
噢,牧羊人不是在绿野客栈安居乐业吗?
Oh, yeah, didn’t the sheepherder live up in Tavern on the Green?
后来是有个羊圈在背面
It was a sheepfold back then, but yeah.
看到那边的大楼吗?
See those buildings up there?
小时候,我把它当成海盗船,立志要在上面作战
When I was younger, I’d pretend
they were pirate ships, and I’d fight them.
– 我可从来不觉得你像个海盗 – 什么嘛,后来我已经醒觉了
-I never took you for a pirate guy. -Well, I outgrew that eventually.
下周我阿姨会在那结婚
That’s where my aunt’s getting married next week.
哇,是游艇会啊,不错嘛
Oh, the Boathouse. Of course.
– 小伴娘 – 嗯,我真的很期待那天
-Flower girl. -Oh, I’m so looking forward to that.
阿姨在我4岁的时候就约定让我当花童了
My aunt asked me to be her flower girl when I was 4.
只不过没人想的到…
But little did any of us know…
…七年之后她男朋友才向她求婚
it wouId take seven years for her boyfriend to pop the question.
那一定很幸福
That’s hilarious.
看我多温柔和善解人意
I was charming and suave.
这都是每个人第一次约会时应该具备的
Everything you could hope to be on your first real date.
– 也许我们应该多练练空手道 – 你是该多练练
-Maybe we should practice more karate. -You need it.
– 我只差那么一点就能到黄带了 – 是这么一点吧
-I am this close to becoming a yellow belt. -Try this close.
– 你明天有空吗? – 周末….
-What’s tomorrow like for you? -Saturday….
上午我要学大提琴
I’ve got cello in the morning.
然后下午还要去练踢蹋舞
And then the afternoon, I’ve got tap.
踢蹋舞?那练到什么时候结束啊?
Tap? What time does tap end?
不好意思啊,等练完踢蹋舞 我还得当我爸爸的印度公主
I’m sorry, after tap I’ve got this
Indian princess thing I do with my father.
天啊,看来缔造以巴和谈…
Jeez, it was easier scheduling Arab-Israeli peace talks…
…还比约会这女孩容易些
…than making a date with this girl.
– 什么印度公主啊? – 这是我跟爸爸之间的秘密
-What’s Indian princess? -It’s this Daddy-and-me thing.
你就别问了
Don’t ask.
反正可以让我爸不会因忙于工作而内疚
I just do it so he won’t feel guiIty working late all week.
– 那星期天呢? – 星期天可以
-How about Sunday? -Sunday’s good.
– 早上? – 早上家庭教师要来
-Morning? -In the morning I have a tutor.
下午怎么样?
But how about the afternoon?
– 家庭教师?哪方面的家庭教师? – 为了准备教育档案局的考试
-Tutor? What kind of tutor? -It’s for the ERBs.
我爸妈希望我明年去民族文化学院或者事三圣学院
My parents want me to go to EthicaI Culture next year, or Trinity.
私立学校?确定吗?
Private school? Really?
估计我那都不会去
I probably won’t get in anywhere.
也许我会放弃考试
Maybe I’ll throw the test.
这代表什么呢?难道是种暗示?
What exactly did that mean? Was that some kind of sign?
她要为了我放弃考试?她是不是喜欢上我了?
She’d throw her test for me? Does she ”like” like me?
我差点被你吓坏了 你跑哪去了,小妞
You nearly gave me a heart attack. Where were you, girl?
– 对不起,我们…. – 一句对不起就可以了吗
-I’m sorry. We were– -”Sorry” ain’t good enough.
你才11岁啊,这可是纽约市啊
You’re 1 1 years old. This is New York City.
你怎么能自己到处乱跑呢
You can’t go off running by yourself Iike that.
你希望贝迪到你♥爸♥妈那告状吗?
You want Birdie telling your parents on you, huh?
好了,你俩互相说再见吧
Now, you two say your goodbyes now.
– 是星期天下午吗? – 不错
-Sunday afternoon? -Sounds good.
– 可以让我到你家去吗? – 我家?
-Maybe I should come to your place? -My place?
其实至从我爸搬到沙发上睡以后…
See, ever since my dad moved onto the couch…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!