As far as the rest of the world was concerned, the real world…
…铁幕依旧存在
…that iron curtain was still solid.
只有在我们穿上那白色长袍时…
But when we put on those white robes…
…情况就不大一样了 我们会像一对匹敌的对手
…we could see past our many differences and fight like equals.
这还有一个小问题
There was just one tiny problem.
其实我的空手道练的很烂
I pretty much sucked at karate.
我们一起祝贺罗斯玛利…
We all congratuIate Rosemary TeIesco…
…成为我们班第一个黄带
…on being the first in the class to earn her yellow beIt.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
说一个我的认知所受到的打击吧
Talk about an assault to everything I knew about the world.
女孩比男孩早熟
Girls mature faster than boys.
那完全是胡说,男孩子更早熟
That’s completely made up. Boys are much more mature.
这不是胡说,加布,这是事实
This isn’t a matter of opinion, Gabe. There were studies.
女孩们总是跑在前头 我在我妹妹的班上也看到这种情况
Girls speak first, they waIk first. I see it in my IittIe sister’s class.
同年级的男孩都显得迟钝
The boys her age all seem retarded.
为什么我不能在一个星期内拿到黄带
There’s absolutely no reason I shouldn’t be able to get my yellow beIt in a week.
– 你没有认真对待 – 我已经很认真了
-You don’t take it seriously. -I take it seriously.
你没有掌握要旨,只是想自然而然
You’re not focused. You think you’re this natural.
– 也没有多练习 – 我练习了
-You don’t practice. -I practice.
– 什么时候? – 一直
-When? -All the time.
你应该和我一起练习 你可以变得更好的
You should practice with me. You’d get better.
– 好啊,一起练习吧 – 时间,地点
-Fine, Iet’s practice. -Name the time.
– 我无所谓,今天下午吧 – 行
-I don’t care. This afternoon. -Fine.
太棒了
Great.
噢,差点忘了,我有事要办
Oh, I forgot. I have this one errand.
我答应了要去当花童,得去试衣服
I’m supposed to be this flower girl
in a couple of weeks, and I have this fitting.
不过那最多也就是五分钟的事情,我保证
But it’s gonna be, Iike, five minutes. I promise.
经典的女生技巧,诱惑
Classic female move. The bait and switch.
我妈妈曾经将我骗进很多和这个差不多的服装店
My mother’s tricked me into many a shoe store with that one.
还有比买♥♥衣服更讨厌的事么?
Is there anything worse than dress shopping?
说真的
I’m serious.
我宁可用老虎钳将我的脚趾甲一个一个的拔下去…
I’d rather have my toenails peeled off
one by one with pliers…
…也不在服饰店待上五分钟
…than spend five minutes in a dress store.
到底怎么了?为什么会这样?
Okay, what’s going on here? What the heck is this?
我的天啊 在我的心窝里产生了一种奇怪感觉
My God, what’s this feeling in the pit of my stomach?
她变了什么一个人?
Who is this–?
让我感觉眼前一亮
This amazing creature before me?
觉得怎样?
What do you think?
绝对是最漂亮的花童
You are going to be the prettiest fIower girl there.
必定也是年纪最大的一个
I’m definitely gonna be the oldest one.
谁…?
Who–?
– 谁的婚礼? – 我小姨的
-Who’s getting married? -My mom’s sister.
噢,真棒
Oh. Cool.
说起来有点尴尬 她已经怀孕有七个月了
It’s kind of weird because she’s, like, seven months pregnant.
那一瞬间,罗斯玛利超越了瓦内萨…
In that one moment, Rosemary Telesco leaped past Vanessa Muir…
超越了麦迪逊
…past Madison Shaw.
我看着罗斯玛丽…
I looked at Rosemary and just felt so…
…思绪一片混乱
…confused.
她不过是个小女孩
She’s a girl.
我一直认为女孩子没什么了不起 和她们说话从不会紧张
I’m supposed to despise girls, not feel nervous talking to one.
也不会张口结舌
Not be all tongue-tied.
而且这是罗斯玛利 在幼儿园我们就认识了
I mean, this was Rosemary Telesco. I knew her since kindergarten.
是块石头,那个…我没事
Just a little rock. I mean, it’s– It’ll be fine.
我一时没抓紧手把而已,真的
Just gonna grab my scooter. I’m really cool, honestly.
她把我带到她家练习空手道 我才明白了一件事
As she took me to practice karate at her place, one thing became clear.
罗斯玛丽去P.S.87(学校) 因为她的父母相信公共教育体系
Rosemary went to P.S. 87 because her parents believed in public education.
而享受公共教育体系…
See, believing in public education…
…可不是我家能够承担的豪华生活
…wasn’t really a luxury my family could afford.
不要去陶斯(地名),不要离开我
Don’t go to Taos. Not without me.
特丽斯科夫妇,也就是她父母…
Mr. and Mrs. Telesco, her parents…
…在圣达菲(美国地名)投资这类每天播放的肥皂剧…
…they, like, started this soap opera, Santa Fe, that’s on, like, every day…
…由此可见他们挺有钱的
…so you know they had a few bucks.
噢,你看看,你看看!
Oh, Iook at that. You see that?
我就猜到你俩会在一次,我没猜错吧!
I knew your folks were gonna keep them together. Didn’t I say it?
– 到我卧室来练习吧 – 好的
-Let’s go practice in my bedroom. -Okay.
– 你要我和一起么,凯特? – 只要你想我就愿意
-Will you have me, Kate? -What do you think I’ll say?
拜托!他不适合你 回到你的卡车上去
Come on. He is no good for you. Get back in the truck.
如果空手道讲究的是集中力。。。
If karate is all about focus…
– 很好 -那我的全部集中力都放在了这屋子里
-Good one. -my focus was all over that pink room.
在她的私人天地,和她在一起
I mean, there I was, in the inner sanctum, alone with her.
闻着她的香味
Smelling her smell.
是什么味道?草莓?
What is that? Strawberry?
– 其实你为什么学习空手道? – 我?
-So, what made you take karate? -Made me?
因为卡瑞.凯阵(人名)
DaryI Kitzens.
– 卡瑞.凯阵让你学习空手道? – 嗯,你见过这个家伙么?
-DaryI Kitzens made you take karate? -Yeah, have you seen the guy?
他是个神经病
He’s insane.
卡瑞.凯阵是曼哈顿西区最可怕的小混混
Daryl Kitzens is without a doubt the scariest kid in the Upper West Side.
他上五年级,但实际上是七年纪生
He’s a fifth grader but he’s supposed to be in seventh.
他是个巨人
He is a giant.
蹲了两次班
Held back two grades out of his first five.
按照这个速度,离开高中恐怕要27岁
At the rate he’s going, he’ll graduate from high school at age 27…
…他常欺负其它的同学
and will have terrorized an entire generation of Upper West Siders.
你是不是害怕他欺负你?
Are you afraid he’s gonna beat you up?
不,不,不,当然不怕
No. No, no. Of course not.
我不过是想武装自己以防万一
I just, you know, wanna be ready when that day comes, you know.
开什么玩笑?其实我很害怕
Who was I kidding? I was petrified.
凯阵经常出没在百老汇72号♥街地铁口
Kitzens hangs out a lot in front of the subway station on 7 2nd and Broadway.
去年10月以来,我就没敢从那经过
I haven’t walked past that corner since October.
– 我们还得多练习啊 – 嗯,是啊,来吧
-Well, we should practice more. -Yeah, sure, Iet’s go.
我们开始练练老师教的必杀技吧
We need to start working on those maneuvers he taught us.
下次吧,已经挺晚了
Well, I kind of meant some other time. It’s getting kind of late.
噢,说的也是,挺晚了….
Oh, yeah, that sounds great. It’s getting kind of Iate anyway, so….

Yeah.
我♥干♥嘛这么说呢?
How could I have said that?
好,别只顾面子了,要积极主动
Okay, just shake it off. Keep it together.
– 你没事吧? – 没…没看到门
-Are you okay? -That’s the– The door.
看看,她家的环境多好 外面公园环绕应有尽有
Look at her, living this perfect life up here,
with a view of the park and everything.
她真是深藏不露
Yet she’s so humble.
忽然间,罗斯玛利的世界对我充满着诱惑
Suddenly, Rosemary’s whole world seemed very attractive to me.
她的父母,她父母的成就…
Her parents, with all their success…
那个从小照顾她的保姆…
the nanny who’s been with her since she was born…
还有那个从北♥京♥孤儿院领养的3岁小妹妹
and the adopted 3-year-old sister rescued from an orphanage in Beijing.
而我呢,我家却在上演一场回不了头的闹剧
And me, my family’s on a one-way ticket to The Jerry Springer Show.
– 嗨 – 嘿
-Hi. -Hey.
– 找莱斯利吗? – 是的
-Is Leslie around? -Yeah.
莱斯利,你约的人来了
Les, your date’s here.
她马上就来,我是她的…
She’s coming. I’m her…
…丈夫
…husband.
只许多玩20分钟哦,然后就去睡觉 知道了吗?宝贝
Only 20 more minutes of video, okay, hon? Bedtime soon.
– 知道了 – 晚安
-All right. -Good night.
– 阿当,罗尼,罗尼,阿当 – 哦,哦
-Adam, Ronny. Ronny, Adam. -Yeah, yeah.
– 你们都认识了吧,那就好了 – 嗯,我们认识了
-You guys met? Okay, good. -Yeah, we met.
我们可以…?
Shall we…?
看到了么,这婚姻闹剧…
See, this divorce thing…
– 玩的开心点 – 谢谢
-You guys have fun. -Thank you.
…所有的人都无法承受
…it’s a very difficult situation for everyone.
这不是任何人的错,你明白吗?
This isn’t anybody’s fauIt, you know.
这不是任何人的错
It’s not anybody’s fault.
只是我跟你♥爸♥爸有太多的分歧
It’s just that your father and I are a Iot more different than we thought.
的确他们俩很不一样
They’re just very different people.
虽然我只有9岁 却要像大人一样承担
Even though I was just 9 and a half, I totally took it like a man.
我不会说我是单亲孩子
Now, I’m not saying I’m some latchkey kid.
因为我不想让人觉得我父母不负责任
I mean, I don’t wanna make it seem like my parents are irresponsible either.
在这一年里,我经常在市区溜达
But for a year now, I’ve been able to roam the city.
呃,事实上不是市区 而只是九个广场街区
Well, okay, not really the city. Nine square blocks.
北至天文馆,西至河畔公园…
The planetarium to the north, Riverside Park to the west…
…东至中♥央♥公园,南至72号♥街
…Central Park to the east. And 7 2nd street to the south.
这里头的街区,全都属于我
In those blocks, I own this town.
罗斯玛利就住在公园边上的81号♥街
Rosemary lived on 81 st Street, near the park.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!