Every time you win, diesel!
每次都是你赢 柴油机!
I know.
当然了
Hello! Mommy’s home.
嗨! 妈妈回来啦
The jester’s cap was something that truly disturbed Brad.
小丑帽是真正令布莱德困扰的
All day long the boy ate, played and napped in it.
一整天孩子吃东西 玩耍 甚至是睡觉都带着它
But the moment his mother stepped in the house he had no more use for it.
但是只要他妈妈踏进家门 帽子对他就没有意义了
As if the entire day up to that point
就好像在这一刻之前
had been a pointless and somewhat useless charade.
一天中所经历的一切 都是一场毫无意义的游戏
You got some sun today, didn’t you?
你今天晒到了 是吗?
Did daddy forget the sunscreen again?
爸爸又忘了带防晒霜吗?
What are you doing?
你干什么呢?
That’s his full name. What’s your favorite thing about him?
那是他的全名 你喜欢他哪里?
Um…
呃…
I like to come over to his house.
我喜欢去他家
Hmm.

I think I’m gonna finally break down and get a cell phone.
我想我最终还是会克制不住买♥♥个手♥机♥
Really? Mmm.
真的吗? 是
Why?
为什么?
I have no way of reaching you when I’m out with Aaron.
我和亚伦在外面的时候 根本就没办法联♥系♥你
You’re done, right?
你吃完了 对吗?
You’ve got one.
你就有一个
Don’t you think it’s strange that I don’t?
我没有手♥机♥ 你不觉得很奇怪吗?
Yeah, I do. You just never wanted one before.
是奇怪 只是以前你一直不想要
Yeah, I know.
是 我知道
There’s a family plan. We can talk for free.
有一个家庭套餐 我们完全可以免费谈话
Okay.
好吧
Let’s just see where we are at the end of the month.
看看月底的情况再说吧
Yeah?
好吗?
Are your hands okay?
你的手脏吗?
As was her custom each week night after dinner,
平日晚饭后 做为惯例
the boy’s mother sent Brad down to the municipal library
妻子都会叫布莱德
to study for the bar exam.
到图书馆去准备律师考试
But he never quite made it through the door of the building.
但是他却连图书馆的大门 都没迈进去过
Brad had been watching the skateboarders for weeks now,
布莱德己经有好几周 都在观看玩滑板
sometimes for as long as an hour at a stretch.
有时候能一口气看上几个小时
But he never received the slightest acknowledgement from any of them.
但是他却连一句 感谢之词都没听到过
He’d been the same age as these boys when his mother died.
他母亲去世的时候 他就像这些孩子这么大
You do that! No way!
你来啊! 不!
Nice. Hey, that was nice, dude!
太棒了 嘿 老兄 刚才那个不错!
“I must have been like this,” Brad sometimes thought.
“我一定也会这样” 有时候布莱德想道
“I must have been one of them.”
“我一定也会像他们那样”
Awful.
太可怕了
He should be castrated.
应该把他阉了
Quick and clean, just chop it off.
干净利落 直接把它切了
Then you wouldn’t have to worry about notifying the neighbors.
这样就不需要警告大家了
You know what else you should do?
你知道还该做什么吗?
Nail his penis above the entrance to the elementary school.
把他的阳♥具♥钉在小学大门上
You know, as a warning to other perverts.
作为对其他变♥态♥的警告
You think this is funny?
你觉得这很可笑吗?
I just can’t believe you want to castrate a man for indecent exposure.
我只是不敢相信你会因为 一个男人猥琐暴露而要阉了他
My brother used to expose himself when…
我弟弟以前也喜欢暴露自己…
when we were teenagers. He’d do it in my bedroom,
当我们还是少年时
he’d do it in the dining room, he’d do it in the back seat of a car.
在我房♥间 在厨房♥ 即使是在车后座 他都会那么干
He’d always figure out a way to do it so that nobody could see him except me.
而且他总是有办法逃过 别人的眼睛 单单叫我看到
Didn’t you tell anyone?
你没告诉别人吗?
No, I didn’t want to get him in trouble.
没有 我不想叫他惹上麻烦
Maybe he should be castrated.
也许也应该把他阉了
It’s not the same thing. He wasrt doing it to strangers.
那不是一回事 他并没有在外人面前那么做
Oh my God, there he is.
哦 天 他来啦
After all this time, two days in a row.
消失这么久之后 现在已经连续出现2天了
Where’s the fire?
哪里着火了?
Maybe he needed a vacation.
也许他太累 度假去了
From what?
累?
From being the prom king.
当舞会国王很累的
It’s a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it.
这活不好干 可总得有人做啊
Close it? Close it.
关上吗? 关上
Close the gate. There you go.
关上门 好的
It’s open. It’s all right.
门又开了 没事的
Somebody else will close it. Are we practicing?
会有人关上它的 我们要练习吗?
Are we playing up on the swings?
我们要玩秋千吗?
Swing time!
秋千时间到了!
What’s he do for a living?
他是做什么的?
We’ve never actually spoken to him.
我们还从来没和他说过话
Really?
真的吗?
We don’t even know his name.
我们连他叫什么都不知道
I thought you guys said he was a regular here.
你们不是说他以前是这儿的常客吗?
It was awkward. He made us nervous.
太尴尬了 他搞得我们很紧张
You had to think about what you were gonna wear in the morning.
你得考虑早上出门穿什么
You know, put on makeup. It was exhausting.
化化妆 打扮一下 好麻烦的
Mommy, push me!
妈妈 推我一下!
Okay. I’ll be right there.
好的 我马上就过来
Wait!
等下!
Five bucks if you get his phone number.
5块钱 要是你能要来他的电♥话♥
How old is she?
她多大了?
Lucy,
露西
tell the nice boy how old you are.
告诉他你多大了
I’m three.
3岁
My grandma lives in New Jersey.
我外婆住在新泽西
She doesn’t have a swim pool.
可她家没有游泳池
Do you like to swim?
你喜欢游泳吗?
I don’t like sharks. They eat you up.
我不喜欢鲨鱼 他们会吃了你的
Don’t listen to him.
别听他的
We go to the town pool almost every day.
我们几乎每天都到游泳池去
I’m Brad, by the way. Sarah.
对了 我叫布莱德 莎拉
You guys come here a lot?
你们常来这吗?
No, just the last few weeks.
不 几周前才开始来这儿的
I usually go to the one over on Harris,
我常去哈里斯那儿的操场
with the big wood things, you know, and the slide across.
那边有很多木质设施和滑梯什么的
Yeah, we actually rent a house right around the corner
对 我们正好在那拐角处
from there on Ashforth.
在埃斯福那儿租了间房♥子
That ice cream truck never leaves. Such a nightmare.
那辆冰激凌车从来都不走 简直太可怕了
Yeah, tell me about it.
是啊 没错
You know, you’re the first person here who’s ever talked to me.
你知道吗 你是这里 第一个和我说话的人
You make ’em nervous.
你叫他们很紧张
Oh, right.
哦 没错
I guess they don’t see too many fathers here during the weekdays.
我想他们平日里 很少见到父亲出现在这里
You don’t have to be polite. Go ahead and ask.
别客气 问吧
What?
什么?
You know, what the person who wears the pants in the family does for a living.
我穿成这样 你一定猜出 我就是家庭妇男啦
Oh. All right, what does your wife do?
哦 好吧 你太太是做什么的?
She makes documentaries. Oh, wow.
她是搞记录片的 哦 哇
Like Michael Moore? Uh, like PBS.
像麦克·摩尔那样的? 嗯 公共广播公♥司♥
Oh.

Well, I think it’s admirable you’re here.
我觉得你照看孩子的举动令人敬佩
There’s no reason fathers can’t be primary caregivers.
做全职父亲没有什么不对的
I finished law school two years ago,
我2年前读完法学院
but I can’t seem to pass the bar exam. Failed it twice now.
但是一直过不了资格考试 己经2次了
Maybe you just don’t want to be a lawyer.
也许是因为你不想当律师
I’ll take the test one more time.
我会再考一次
If I mess up now
要是再不过的话
I’ll just have to find something else to do with my life.
我就另寻他路
Right, buddy? Right.
对吗 伙计? 对
Sarah was shocked by how Brad delivered this confession,
莎拉惊讶于布莱德的坦白方式
with no apparent sense of being in the least bit embarrassed by his failure.
面对他的失败 面对如此尴尬的境地 却依旧坦然
Most men werert like this.
绝大多数男人都做不到这点
Her husband Richard certainly wasrt.
至少她丈夫理查德做不到
She wondered if Brad was always this forthcoming.
她不知道是否布莱德一向如此坦率
If anything, he seemed a little lonely,
如果说有什么区别的话 他似乎有些孤独
all too ready to open his heart at the slightest sign of interest,
除此之外 和她认识的很多年轻母亲一样
like a lot of young mothers she knew.
他太容易敞开心扉了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!