不 不 不是
It’s not the cheating. It’s the hunger.
不是她的不忠 而是她那份渴望
The hunger for an alternative,
那份对于抉择的渴望
and the refusal to accept a life of unappiness.
以及拒绝接受苦难的决心
Maybe I didn’t understand the book.
也许我根本就没读懂这本书
She just looks so pathetic.
对我来说 她太可怜了
Is she pretty?
她漂亮吗?
Who?
谁?
Your wife.
你太太
Degrading yourself for nothing.
毫无缘由的令自己蒙羞
It’s a simple question.
我的问题很简单
She’s pretty, okay? Do we have to talk about this now?
她很漂亮 好了吗? 现在非要谈这个吗?
I mean, did she really think a man like that was gonna run away with her?
我是说 她真的认为那种男人会和她一起远走高飞?
Possibly.
有可能
How pretty is she?
她有多漂亮?
A knockout.
极其迷人
Beauty’s overrated, Sarah.
美貌总被人们高估 莎拉
Brad had meant this to be comforting.
布莱德本意是安慰莎拉
But at 3:00 in the morning, it had precisely the opposite effect.
但是在凌晨3点钟 这话却起着截然相反的作用
He had a beautiful wife,
他有漂亮的妻子
a knockout, and she was sleeping beside him right now.
一个美人 现在正睡在他身旁
Only someone who took his own beauty for granted
只有把自己的美貌视为理所当然的人
would have been able to say something so stupid
才有可能直截了当地
and with a straight face.
说出这种蠢话
Weekends were difficult for Sarah.
周末对于莎拉来说 就是痛苦难熬
48-hour prison stretches
行同监狱般的48小时
separating one happy blur of weekdays
将她和布莱德…
from the rest.
远远分开
I’m going to the ocean.
我要去看大海
You are? I’m going to the ocean.
是吗? 我要去看大海
Is he doing his ocean dance?
他是在跳海洋舞吗?
Sarah sometimes let herself be carried away by fantasies
有时莎拉任由自己的幻想驰骋
of a future very different from the life she was living now,
幻想着与现实截然不同的未来生活
in which she and Brad were free to love each other
幻想着她和布莱德
in broad daylight;
可以无忧无虑的恋爱
where they had no one to answer to
幻想着除了彼此
but each other.
再无其他顾虑
It could happen, she thought. It had to,
会发生的 她想 一定会发生
because she wasrt sure she could keep living like this
因为她不清楚自己
for very much longer.
还能像现在这样生活多久
Open your mouth again.
再把你的嘴张开下
No, I don’t want to.
不 我不想
May your mouth be open.
愿你的嘴张开
May your mouth.
愿你的嘴…
This is coming into your mouth.
这个要进你嘴里了
Open your mouth, little fishy.
快张嘴啊 小鱼
Hungry, hungry.
饿了 你饿了
Little fishy is not hungry?
小鱼 你不饿吗?
You okay?
你还好吗?
Yeah, fine.
是 很好
How about you? Great.
你呢? 我也很好
So how was your weekend?
你周末过得怎么样?
You really wanna know? It sucked.
你真的想知道? 糟透了
How was yours?
你呢?
Terrible.
很糟
Really? Yeah.
真的? 是啊
Yeah, we went to the beach and all Kathy and I did
是啊 我们去了海边
was argue the whole time.
但是我和凯西却一直在吵架
Oh, you did?
哦 是吗?
Yeah, it was our annual argument
是啊 我们每年都会
over taking the bar exam,
为资格考试的事吵架
like our whole life depends on it.
就好像对我们至关重要似的
Get it over with. You’ll feel better.
快考过吧 之后你就会好起来的
It’s this whole thing.
这就是关键啊
Gotta take a train on Wednesday.
我周三要坐火车去考试
It’s a two-day ordeal.
简直就是2天的折磨
I’m not even gonna pass.
我肯定过不了的
You’ll be fine. No.
你会过的 不
No, I won’t.
不 我过不了的
I haven’t cracked a book all summer.
我整个夏天连书都没翻过
I missed you.
我想你了
I missed you, too.
我也是
Don’t… don’t do it.
别… 别去了
What? The test.
什么? 考试
Oh. Blow it off.
哦 放松下
We should go somewhere,
我们应该一起出去转转
just for a night, you know?
就一晚上 好吗?
Richard’s out of town till Friday,
理查德出门了 周五才回来
and I’m sure I can get a sitter for Lucy.
我肯定能找个人照看露西
No, I can’t do that.
不 我做不到
I gotta take the test.
我要去考试
That’s good.
很好
Looks good? Yeah.
看上去不错? 是的
Well, I have a good feeling about this whole thing.
这次考试我觉得你能过
In fact, I think I’m gonna go buy a bottle of champagne
事实上 我要去买♥♥瓶香槟回来
and put it in the fridge, and we can open it to celebrate
先放在冰箱里保存 等你考过后
when we get the good news.
就打开为你庆祝
Don’t get your hopes up.
别抱太大希望
We’ve been through this before.
这种事我们以前就经历过
Huh-uh. This time’s gonna be different.
不 这次会不同
I can feel it.
我感觉到了
Can you believe it? This is our first date.
难以置信 这是我们第一次约会
Like a date, you know, without the kids, I mean.
真正的约会 我是说没有孩子 我们独处
How was Lucy? Did she cry or anything?
露西还好吗? 她有没有哭?
No, are you kidding?
没有 你开玩笑吗?
With Jean there, she just about shoved me out the door.
在简面前 她差点把我推出门去
I thought we could make something really beautiful.
我想我们能做点漂亮的东西
I have so many things here.
我这儿有好些材料
We could make…
我们可以…
a picture frame.
做个相框
Or a jewelry box.
或者做个珠宝盒
Or a hat.
或者是帽子
Something for my mommy.
我要给妈妈做个东西
Okay.
好极了
Stop it, stop it. No, Ronnie.
停下来 停下来 不 罗尼
Ron… Ron… Ronnie, just hold on.
罗… 罗… 罗尼 等一下
Now there.
好啦
You look handsome. She won’t be disappointed.
你真帅 她一定不会失望的
Wait’ll she hears about my criminal record.
听了我的前科就会了
I don’t think you need to get into that just yet.
我觉得这事你现在还不需要告诉她
Why don’t you stick to small talk?
和她随便闲聊下
What if someone recognizes me?
要是有人认出我怎么办?
That’s highly unlikely. I made the dinner reservation
不大可能 帮你们定的位…
at a restaurant over in Haverhill.
是在黑弗里耳的一家餐厅
Sheila.
希拉
Sheila. Yeah.
希拉 是
Something wrong with the food?
东西不好吃吗?
No, it’s fine.
不 很好
Back at the house you mentioned you were on medication.
刚才在房♥子那儿 你提到现在在接受药物治疗
What kind? All kinds.
哪种药? 什么都有
Mostly psychotropic.
大部分都是神经药物
So you had some kind of a breakdown?
这么说你曾经神经失常过?
Mm-hmm, my junior year in college.
嗯 是大学3年级的时候
You were that young?
你那时还那么年轻?
What happened?
发生什么了?
I don’t really know.
我也不大清楚
Well, nervous breakdowns don’t just come out of nowhere.
不会毫无缘由的神经失常的
Something must have caused it.
一定是事出有因
I guess.
大概吧
But I was fine before I left for college.
但是我大学前很正常
I don’t know. Maybe it was the stress