Who are they, Channa? Are they robbers?
不 主人 他们是苦行僧
No, my Lord. They’re ascetics.
苦行僧?他们为何如此瘦骨嶙峋 衣不蔽体?
Ascetics? Why are they so thin and naked?
主人 这些人抛弃了一切舒适的生活
They have given up all the comforts of life, my Lord.
他们立誓除非开悟…
They have sworn never to leave the forest…
否则绝不离开这里
until they have reached Enlightenment.
开悟是什么?
Enlightenment?
这些是给你的
These are for you.
车匿
Channa,
我这么做是为了众生
I am doing this for everyone.
我要寻求解脱之道
I am looking for freedom.
[ 尼泊尔语 ]
[ Nepali ]
然后王子和乞丐交换了自己的长袍
Then the prince gave-up his robe to the beggar.
立下誓言 独自走进苦行林
and setup a word into the woods.
据说
And it’s said,
树木都被他的慈悲所感动
A tree labeled his compassion,
纷纷弯下树枝 为他的放弃一切的精神所示礼
And, as it had done once before, bow down on his honor.
那五位苦行僧…
The five ascetics…
惊讶地见证了这些奇迹
witnessed these miracles and were filled with wonder.
他们成为了悉达多最初的弟♥子♥
They became Siddhartha’s first disciples.”
有关伊凡先生的事 我很抱歉 康瑞先生 我…
I’m… so sorry about Mr. Evan, Mr. Conrad. I…
谢谢 玛莉亚 我知道了
Thanks, Maria. I know.
杰西还好吗?
Is Jesse all right?
是的 他…
Yeah. He’s…
整个下午都在读书 现在睡着了
He read in his room all afternoon. He’s asleep now.
玛莉亚 感谢你能留在这里帮忙
Thank you, Maria, for staying and everything.
要弄点吃的给你们吗?
Do you want me to fix you something to eat?
不了 谢谢 出租车在外面接你回去
No, thanks. Cab’s waiting outside to take you home.
好的 谢谢你 晚安
Okay, thank you. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
过来
Come on.
饿坏了
Too hungry.
莉莎 我认为杰西应该去一趟不丹
Lisa, I think Jesse should go to Bhutan.
什么? – 我认为杰西要去一趟不丹
What? – I think Jesse should go to Bhutan.
你在开玩笑吗?
You’re joking, right?
不 最近这两天发生的事
No. I’ve just changed my mind.
改变了我的主意
About a lot of things these last two days.
你在说什么?突然开始相信杰西是…
What are you saying? That you’ve suddenly started to believe…
那位喇♥嘛♥的转世之身
Jesse is this Tibetan lama?
我还以为你能够接受转世的思想
I thought you were the one that was open to the idea.
拜托 狄恩 太荒唐了 你怎么了?
Come on, Dean. This is crazy. What’s going on?
我没怎么
Nothin’s goin’ on.
只是为杰西的未来着想
Just think of it as a career opportunity for Jesse.
他可以穿着小袈裟…
He can… get a little robe…
然后在地上打坐 – 这并不好笑
and sit on the floor and do meditation… – It’s not funny.
和僧人们一起生活 还有…
and hang out with the other monks and…
这一点也不好笑 狄恩
It’s not funny, Dean!
杰西不可以去不丹
Jesse can’t go to Bhutan.
仅仅去几周而已
It’s just for a couple of weeks.
不 他不能去
No, he can’t go.
他要去上学
He’s got school.
我也有工作要做 没法带他去
And I’m in the middle of the semester and I can’t take him.
我想我可以带他去
I thought I could go with him.
就你们两个? – 是的
Just the two of you? – Yeah.
把我自己扔在这?
While I stay here?
可你从没单独照顾过杰西
But you’ve never looked after Jesse before.
他从未离开过我
He’s never been away from me.
现在我除了等待我们在…
There’s nothing I can do here now except wait…
律师之间的辩论 也没有别的办法了
for lawyers to talk to lawyers to talk to lawyers.
也许现在我该想想 往后的日子要怎么过
Maybe it’s the time I need to think about what to do with the rest of my life.
没有我的日子吗?
Without me?
我爱你 莉莎
I love you, Lisa.
你最好是
You’d better.
只去几周而已
It’s just for a couple of weeks.
不会有事的
It’ll be all right.
要是他们认定杰西就是喇♥嘛♥的转世呢?
What if they decide Jesse is this reincarnation?
他们不会的 他们已经找到另外一位候选人了
They never will. They already have another candidate,
一个加德满都的小男孩
a little boy in Kathmandu.
对不起 狄恩
I’m sorry, Dean.
对不起 我只是有点心烦
I’m sorry. I’m just upset with myself being upset.
我只是…
I’m just…
不想要你们去…
For not encouraging you and for…
更不想同你们一起
not being able to be with you and Jesse.
去冒这个险
And because you’re taking the adventure away from me.
爸爸
Dad.
爸爸
Dad!
赞巴
Champa!
早安 小宝贝
Good morning, Jesse Long-Ears.
你在睡觉吗 喇♥嘛♥?
Were you sleeping, Lama?
不 我在打坐
No, I was meditating.
什么是打坐
What’s meditating?
打坐就是静♥坐♥冥想
It is being totally quiet and relaxed,
使自己不受环境的干扰
separating yourself from everything around you,
使精神像鸟儿一样自♥由♥
setting your mind free like a bird.
然后你就能看到你所做过的事…
And you can then see your faults…
像穿过云彩一样浮现出来
as if they were passing clouds.
你看
Look.
如果能学会正确的打坐方法
If we can learn to meditate in the right way,
最终就能走向开悟
we can all reach Enlightenment.
整整六年的时间里
For six years,
悉达多与他的追随者…
Siddhartha and his followers…
从未离开过静谧的苦行林
lived in silence and never left the forest.
他们不避风雨
For drink, they had rain.
每日仅食一麦或一麻…
For food, they had a grain of rice…
甚至以泥土为食
or a broth of mud,
或者是小鸟的粪便
or the droppings of a passing bird.
以种种苦行折磨肉体…
They were trying to master suffering…
来求得精神的解脱…
by making their minds so strong…
他们忘记了身体的存在
they would forget about their bodies.
直到有一天…
Then, one day…
悉达多听到船上的一位老乐师…
Siddhartha heard an old musician…
对他的弟♥子♥说
from a passing boat speaking to his pupil.
琴弦太松就弹不出声音
If you tighten the string too much, it will snap.
琴弦太紧则容易断掉
And if you leave it too slack, it won’t play.
悉达多瞬间从这句话中…
Suddenly, Siddhartha realized…
悟出一个道理…
that these simple words held a great truth…
如果只是独自一味的苦行…
and that in all these years he had been following…
并不是解脱之道
the wrong path.
琴弦太紧
If you tighten the string too much,
容易断掉
it will snap.
琴弦太松
And if you leave it too slack,
弹不出声音
it will not play.
悉达多接受了牧女供养的乳粥
The village girl offered Siddhartha her bowl of rice.
这是六年以来第一次
And for the first time in years,
吃到象样的食物
he tasted proper food.
他的追随者见到他这样…
But when the ascetics saw their master…
像凡人一样沐浴和饮食
bathing and eating like an ordinary person,
都以为他放弃了
they felt betrayed,
追求开悟的信心和努力
as if Siddhartha had given up the great search for Enlightenment.
来吧…
Come…
我们一起吃吧
and eat with me.
悉达多 你背判了自己的誓言
You have betrayed your vows, Siddhartha.
你放弃了寻求解脱之道
You have given up the search.
我们不想再追随你了
We can no longer follow you.
我们不再以你为榜样 – 应该学会变通啊
We can no longer learn from you. – To learn is to change.
中道才是通往开悟的途径
The path to Enlightenment is in the Middle Way.
它介于所有的极端之间
It is the line between all opposite extremes.
如果我能开悟证果
If I can reach Enlightenment,
这个钵就能…
may this bowl…
逆流而上
float upstream.
悉达多教给世人的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!