– Sunshine…
– Go and do it!
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
年轻人
你自以为是的虔诚
Young man,
your self-righteous piety
开始让我烦恼
is commencing to annoy me.
我什么也没说
But I-I didn’t
say anything, sir.
射杀小马让你受到震惊?
You think it’s shocking
to shoot a few ponies?
让我告诉你
Well, let me tell you,
妇女比小马还重要
the women are far more important
than the ponies.
它们像老鼠一样繁殖
The point is,
they breed like rats,
然而,这是个合法的行动
however, Lieutenant,
this is a legal action.
我的部下都有严格的命令
不准射杀妇女
And the men are under strict
orders not to shoot the women.
当然,除非她们拒绝投降
Unless, of course,
they refuse to surrender.
对不对?
Isn’t that correct?!
是的,长官
Yes, sir, yes, sir.
“阳光”!
Sunshine!
跑!快跑!
Run! Run!
跑!
Run!
不!不要!
No! No!
我的兄弟是上尉
My brother was a captain
最老的…
The oldest…
你要去哪里?
Where you going,
soldier?
送信息给将军
Message for the General.
等一下
Wait a minute.
你的脸上是什么?
What’s that on your face?
泥巴,长官
Oh, mud, sir.
这不是泥巴,是印第安油彩
That’s not mud,
that’s Indian paint.
而这是印第安刀子
And that’s
an Indian knife.
你是哪个连队的?
What’s your company?
我的连队,长官?
My company, sir?
是的,还有你的指挥官是谁?
Yes, and the name of
your commanding officer.
有什么问题,上尉?
What’s the trouble, Captain?
我们找到一个叛徒
I think we’ve got
a renegade, General.
他涂了印第安油彩
He’s wearing Indian paint
而且他不知道他的指挥官
and he doesn’t know
his commanding officer
和他的连队
or his company.
把他带走,吊死他
Take him away and hang him.
将军!
General!
你不记得我了吗?
General, don’t you remember me?
我是杰克·克雷伯,赶骡人!
I’m Jack Crabb,
the mule skinner!
– 赶骡人?
– 是的,长官!
– Mule skinner?
– Yes, sir!
我申请担任斥候
I applied for a job as scout,
but you could tell
但你光看我的外表
就能知道我的真正职业
my true occupation
just by looking at me.
是的,我相信我确实记得
Yes, yes, I believe
I do remember that.
你怎么会成为叛徒的?
How did you become a renegade?
将军,
General…
我不是叛徒!
I ain’t no renegade!
我被夏安族俘虏和囚禁!
I was captured by the Cheyenne
and held prisoner!
他们拿仙人掌刺
Why, they…
they took cactus thorns
插在我的身上!
and stuck them in me!
但我只是笑
But I just laughed
而且乞求他们继续做!
and begged them
to keep on doing it!
你还会笑?
You… laughed?
我笑得头都掉了
I laughed my head off!
否则我不会还在这里
Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here.
各位,承认错误
Gentlemen, it is difficult
是很难的
to admit to an error.
上尉
Captain?
你的概括判断
Captain, your summary judgment
完全错了!
was wholly mistaken!
你不是该高兴吗?
Now aren’t you
glad I saw fit
我更仔细地审问这个人
to question this
man more closely?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
以后请更加小心,上尉
Please be more careful
in the future, Captain.
我现在要喝茶了,下士
I’ll drink the tea
now, Corporal.
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
你来这里做什么,赶骡人?
What are you doing
up here, mule skinner?
没什么,我只是送茶来给你,将军
Nothing, I…
just brought you tea, General.
而且我想…
再次感谢你
And I wanted to…
thank you again
饶了我的性命
for sparing my life.
你为什么侧身站着?
Why are you standing
to the side?
转过来
Turn this way.
你来这里要杀我,不是吗?
You came up here
to kill me, didn’t you?
而你失去了你的勇气
And you lost your nerve.
嗯,就某种意义来说,我是正确的
Well, I was correct,
in a sense.
你是个叛徒
You are a renegade,
但你不是夏安族勇士
but you are no
Cheyenne brave.
卡士达是对的
Custer was right.
我是一个彻底失败的印地安人
I was a total failure
as an Indian.
我要吊死你吗?
Do I hang you?
我想不会
I think not.
滚开这里
Get out of here.
你不要吊死我吗?
You’re not going to hang me?
你可悲的人生…
Your miserable life
is not worth
不值得扭转卡士达的决定
the reversal
of a Custer decision.
这是他能对我做的最糟糕的事
That was the worst thing
he could have done to me.
我的自尊心荡然无存
There was nothing left
of my self-respect at all.
我无法回到印地安人那里去
I couldn’t go back
to the Indians
于是我回到白人之中成为醉鬼
so I went back among
the whites and become a drunk.
喔,你看起来很悲哀,马儿
Boy, you’re a sad sight, Hoss.
你应该去喝点苏打汽水
You should have
stuck to sody-pop.
你还好吗,比尔?
How are things with you, Bill?
很好
Fine.
我已经改变了我的作风,马儿
I’ve changed my ways, Hoss.
这样很好
That’s good.
嘿,比尔,
Say, Bill,
我需要喝一杯
更甚于生命需要呼吸
I need a drink worse than
a breath of life itself.
这里是二十元
哦!
– Here’s $20.
– Oh!
拿去光明正大地喝一杯
Get gloriously drunk.
但首先,去对街理发店
But first, go across
the street to the barber,
并给自己洗个澡
还有买♥♥些衣服
and have yourself a bath,
and buy some clothes.
然后到酒吧来见我
Then come see me in the saloon.
我知道一件事,马儿
One thing I do know, Hoss,
任何一个傻瓜都能把自己喝死
any damn fool
can drink himself to death.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!