There are many
Human Beings here.
许多族群的“人类”
Many bands from many places.
但很让人难过
But it’s sad.
许多丈夫都被白人杀害了
Many husbands have been rubbed
out by the white man.
这让人难过
因为许多妇女独自睡觉和哭泣
It is sad because women
sleep alone and cry.
现在安静点,
Be quiet now.
我正在消化
I’m digesting.
好的,但我想我的姐♥妹♥们♥在这里
Yes, but I think
my sisters are here.
你的什么?
Your what?!
我的姐♥妹♥们♥
My sisters.
“挖掘的熊”
“小麋鹿”和“玉米女人”
Digging Bear, Little Elk
and Corn Woman.
我想她们在这里
I think they’re here.
你什么意思,
你“想”她们在这里?
What do you mean,
you think they’re here?
我相信她们是
I believe they are.
你带回来的食物
比我们需要的还多
You bring in
much more food than we need.
非常可怜
It is very sad.
她们没有丈夫
并且她们哭泣
They have no husbands
and they cry.
这真是很糟,我很抱歉
Well, that’s too bad;
I’m sorry.
“挖掘的熊”有一个婴孩但失去了
Digging Bear had a baby
and lost it.
“玉米女人”也是
And so did Corn Woman.
仅“小麋鹿”根本没有婴孩
But Little Elk
had no baby at all.
好吧,那你要我做什么?
All right, what do you want me
to do about it?
我知道你会了解的
I knew you’d understand.
这是“老帐篷皮”的梦
It was Old Lodge Skins’ dream
眼看就要成真
trying to come true.
我决定要远离她们的水牛袍
I was determined to stay out
of them buffalo robes.
三个年轻健康的女人
Three young and healthy women
已不知道多久没有男人
with no man
for who knows how long. Mmm.
这种想法有点让我退缩
The very idea kind of shrunk me
就像一只在热火炉上的蜘蛛
like a spider on a hot stove.
嗨,这不是“小巨人”吗?
Why, it’s Little Big Man!
喔,“小巨人”
Oh, Little Big Man!
“年轻的熊”,是“小巨人”
Younger Bear,
it’s Little Big Man!
他不再是相反的人,
He’s not
a Contrary anymore.
他有一个妻子
He has a wife.
她很丰满,很辛勤工作
She’s plump, she works hard,
但她常对他唠叨不休
but she henpecks him.
当我认为你死了
Just when I think
you are dead,
和秃鹰吃了的时候
and the buzzards
have eaten you,
你总是又回来
you always come back.
是的,我总是这样
直到你还我
Yes, and I always will
till you pay me
你欠的一条命
the life you owe me.
我听到你说的了
I’ve heard you.
现在进来我的帐蓬吃饭
Now, come to my tepee and eat.
我们被夏安族的好客困住了
We was caught
in Cheyenne hospitality.
我是一个非常重要的人物
I’m a very important man.
比你还重要
More important than you.
我有一个妻子和四匹马
I have a wife and four horses.
我有一匹马和…四个妻子
I have a horse and…
four wives.
也许是那样
Well, that may be.
但我的妻子,她是个非常好的
But… my wife,
she’s a very good one.
看见没?
See?
喔,原来你在这里
你这只爬行的土狼
Oh, so there you are,
you crawling coyote.
我们要吃什么?
What are we going to eat, huh?
这只饥饿的鸭子?
This starved duck?
喔!
Oh…
喔,那个叫化子是谁?
Oh, who’s the foolish beggar
你带来偷我们仅有少许食物
you brought to steal
what little food we have?
把它弄干净!把它弄干净!
Clean it, clean it!
唔!
Ooh!
那是欧嘉
It was Olga.
我终于找到她了
I had found her at last.
一只鸭子
One duck.
欧嘉从未学会英语
Olga never did learn
much English
但她肯定学会了夏安语
but she sure in hell
had learned Cheyenne.
我不明白
I, I, I just
don’t understand it.
这女人通常
Usually, this woman is…
像鸽子一样的温柔
gentle as a dove.
我的话不是
My words were not the words
对陌生人说的
to speak to a stranger.
你留下来吃饭
You stay and eat.
你看她是一个多好的妻子?
You see what
a good wife she is?
因为我是一个美妙的情人
It’s because I’m
a wonderful lover.
进来我的帐蓬
Go in my tepee.
她将为你煮食
She will cook
this duck for you.
没关系,我不饿
That’s all right;
I’m not hungry.
你再一次侮辱了他
You’ve humiliated him again.
再见,“年轻的熊”
Good-bye, Younger Bear.
你看起来很累,“小巨人”
You look tired,
Little Big Man.
你要进来我的帐蓬
Do you want
to come into my tepee
在柔软的毛皮上休息吗?
and rest on soft furs?
你何不和我一起住
我会做你的妻子?
Why don’t you live with me,
and I’ll be your wife?
感谢你的邀请
Thank you for inviting me.
好吧,我要去整理我的头发
今晚要唱歌♥
Well, I’ve got to fix my hair
to sing tonight.
再见,“小巨人”
Good-bye, Little Big Man.
再见,“小马”
Good-bye, Little Horse.
如此我终于找到了欧嘉
And so I finally found Olga.
但很久以前
我就把她遗失给“人类”了
I’d lost her long ago
to the Human Beings,
我看不需要把自己身份透露给她了
and I saw no good reason
to reveal myself to her now.
祖父
Grandfather!
你为什么把你的帐蓬
移到离族群这么远的地方?
Why have you moved your tepee
so far from our band?
小马想要告诉我一些事
The ponies are trying
to tell me something.
我昨晚做了一个梦
Last night I had a dream.
小马垂危,
The ponies were dying.
我听到它们嘶喊
I heard them scream.
我学会了尊重“老帐篷皮”的梦
I’d learned to respect
Old Lodge Skins’ dreams,
但这次我们是在安全的地方
but for once,
we were in a safe place,
依照条约所给我们的地方
give to us by a treaty.
你为什么恨我的姐♥妹♥们♥?
Why do you hate my sisters?
我不恨你的姐♥妹♥们♥
I don’t hate your sisters, I…
那只是…
It… it’s just that…
伟大的神灵
the Great Spirit…
告诉我…
tells me…
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
你儿子不想再等待了