世事变迁 整个世界都在变
things change, and entire worlds change.
我别无选择
I don’t have a choice.
留下来
Stay.
我不能
I can’t.
站在那别过来
Stay right there
你不是应该照顾好他的吗
Weren’t you supposed to look after him?
你去哪了
Where were you?
你不爱他了吗
Don’t you love him?
约翰和曼塔希乘船出去了
John heard Mantosh is out on the boats.
去抓龙虾了
Doing a lobster run.
他明天回来
He’s due back tomorrow.
所以他会赚很多的现金 又要整天喝酒了
So he’ll be flushed with cash, back on the hard stuff.
我很抱歉你不能有自己的孩子
I’m sorry you couldn’t have your own kids.
你说什么
What are you saying?
我们
We…
我们
We…
并不是白纸一张
weren’t blank pages, were we?
像你亲生的孩子那样
Like your own would have been.
你领养的不只是我们 也领回了我们的过去
You weren’t just adopting us but our past as well.
-我感觉我们在害死你 -我可以生孩子的
– I feel like, we’re killing you. – I could have had kids.
什么
What?
我们选择不生孩子
We chose not to have kids.
我们想要你们两个
We wanted the two of you.
那才是我们想要的
That’s what we wanted.
我们想要你们两个出现在我们的生活里
We wanted the two of you in our lives.
那是我们的选择
That’s what we chose.
那也是我爱上你♥爸♥爸的原因之一
That’s one of the reasons, I fell in love with your dad.
因为我们都觉得
Because we both felt, as if…
这世界上的人已经够多了
… the world has enough people in it.
生个孩子 并不保证任何事会变得更美好
Have a child, couldn’t guarantee it will make anything better.
但是接受一个像你们这样处于困境的孩子
But to take a child that’s suffering like you boys were.
给你们一个机会
Give you a chance in the world.
那意义非凡
That’s something.
我猜你们从来没想过会有这么困难
I bet you never imagined it being this hard.
这并不是困难的问题
It’s not a matter of hard.
这不是…
It’s not a mat…
我只有这一条路可以走
There’s only one path for me.
我是这么想的
And, that’s how I think.
之所以会这样是因为…
That’s how this happened because…
在我岁12的时候
When I was 12,
我看到过一个幻象
I had a vision.
有些人会说那是精神崩溃 但是…
Some people would say, it was a breakdown. But it…
我父亲是个酒鬼 你知道的 就好像
My dad was an alcoholic. You know that, and he was like
他不是一个好人
he wasn’t a good man.
他那时失去了理智
He was out of control when I was…
而我当时站在屋后
I was standing at the back of the house.
我眺望着田野
I was looking out across this field.
希望这世界将我吞没
And I just wanted the earth to swallow me up.
我…
And I…
我感受到一股电流 像是被电了一下
I felt an electric current, it was like a shock,
好像我浑身上下都在震颤
like a jolt through my whole body.
后来我看见…
And then I saw…
一个棕色皮肤的孩子
a brown skinned child
穿过田野
across that field.
他站在我的身边
And he was standing beside me.
就在那里 我很强烈地感觉到了
And it was right there and I could feel it so strongly.
我人生中第一次感受到了美好的东西
And for the first time in my life I felt something good…
我感觉很愉快
I felt good.
我知道那是在指引我
And I knew it was guiding me.
我知道我会没事的
And I knew that I was going to be fine.
那一刻我仿佛看到了我的未来 就在眼前
It was, as if, that moment I could see my future, right there!
因为我一直以为我可以把这个家聚在一起
Because I always thought that I could keep this family together.
现在…
And now…
现在我也不知道了
Now I don’t know.
哪里…
Where…
-妈妈 -这是怎么回事 我不明白
– Mum… – What’s happening? I don’t understand.
你再也不跟我谈心了
You don’t talk to me any more.
我需要你 萨罗
I need you, Saroo.
曼塔希
Mantosh!
我为我晚餐时说得话道歉
Sorry for what I said at dinner.
甘尼希塔莱
Ganesh Talai…
甘尼希塔莱
Ganesh Talai.
甘尼斯塔莱
Ganestlay!
妈妈
Mum
我找到家了
I found home!
什么
What?
请你一定要等我
Please wait for me.
我在这
I’m here.
原来你一直就是在做这件事
So this is where you’ve been.
我不想让你觉得我忘恩负义
I don’t want you to feel, I was ungrateful.
我无时无刻不想告诉你
There wasn’t a day, I didn’t want to tell you.
萨罗
Saroo.
我真的希望她还在那等你
I really hope she’s there.
她需要看看你长得多么漂亮
She needs to see how beautiful you are!
你好 我以前住在这里
Hi, I used to live here.
我..过去…
I…used to…
有什么要帮忙的吗
Can I help?
这是我 我是萨罗
That’s me. I’m Saroo.
我以前住在这里
I used to live here.
-你住这吗 -是的 我以前住在这
– You lived here? – Yes I used to live here.
我在找古度 卡鲁 夏绮拉
I’m looking for Guddu, Kallu, Shekila.
我的妈妈
My mother.
跟我来
Come.
去哪
Come where?
跟我来
Come with me.
来就是了
Just come.
萨罗
Saroo?
妈妈
Mum.
萨罗
Saroo?
萨罗
Saroo…
萨罗
Saroo!
我找你找得好辛苦
Oh, how I looked for you!
萨罗
Saroo!
萨罗
Saroo!
萨罗
Saroo!
对不起
I’m sorry.
真的对不起
I’m so sorry.
是的 西瓜
Yes, the watermelon.
西瓜
Tarabuja!
西瓜 没错 西瓜
Tarabuja! Yes, tarabuja!
西瓜
Watermelon…
古度呢
And Guddu?
古度在哪
Where is Guddu?
他在哪
Where is he?
古度不在了
Guddu is no more.
他进入天堂了
He is with God.
这是夏绮拉
Shekila.
夏绮拉
Shekila?
夏绮拉
Shekila?
-夏绮拉 -他是你哥哥
– Shekila? – He’s your brother!
她长这么大了
She’s so big!
是我 萨罗
It’s me, Saroo.
真美
Beautiful.
你好 妈妈
Hi, mum.
我知道你已经睡着了
I know you will be sound asleep.
我只是想报个平安
I just want to say that I’m safe.
我平安无事 疑惑也都解开了
I’m safe and the questions have been answered.
不再是死胡同了
There are no more dead-ends.
我找到了我的亲生母亲
I found my mother, and…
她很感谢你们二位抚养我长大
she thanks you both for raising me.