全社会共享政♥治♥权利吗
Universal enfranchisement?
女性也获得投票权吗
Votes for women?
这不是俄亥俄 米勒斯堡的
Bless my eyes, if it isn’t the Post Master
邮♥政♥局♥长吗
of Millersburg Ohio!
莱克勒克先生认为在道义上
Mr. LeClerk felt honor-bound to
有责任告诉我们你的无♥耻♥背叛
inform us of your disgusting betrayal.
你出♥卖♥♥♥了灵魂
Your prostitution.
是吗 霍金斯局长
Is that true, Postmaster Hawkins?
你道德的贞操一文不值吗
Is your maidenly virtue for sale?
如果我的邻居知道我投票支持黑奴自♥由♥
If my neighbors hear that I voted yes for nigger freedom
而不是和平 他们会杀了我的
and no to peace, they will kill me.
在商言商 你的人不会只因有谈和的传言
A deal is a deal and you men know better than to piss your pants
就要取你的项上人头的
just because there’s talk about peace talks.
我会找到新工作的
Look, I’ll find another job.
我的邻居在纳什维尔
My neighbors in Nashville,
他们知道我效忠联邦
they found out I was loyal to the Union,
还拿刀子想阉我
they came after me with gelding knives!
-什么工作都行 -别走错路了 克莱·霍金斯
– Any other job! – You do right, Clay Hawkins
-我也不想走错 -还能大赚一笔
– I want to do right! – and make yourself some money in the bargain
可我没有勇气
But I got no courage!
等等 你是想当西部保留地的税务官
Wait!! You wanted, what was it, tax man for the Western Reserve,
还是想拥有整个俄亥俄都行 只要…
hell you can have the whole state of Ohio if you…
该死
Aw, crap.
11票
Eleven votes?!
两天前还有12票 怎么回事
Two days ago we had twelve! What happened?
里士满变节了
There are defections in the Richmond
是那个流言吗
It’s the goddamned rumors regarding…
-是的 和谈的传言 -无稽之谈
– Yes! The peace offer! – Groundless.
-我早说过了 -但是谣言还是不断
– I told you that. – And yet the rumors persist.
这会毁了我们
They are ruining us.
在剩下的这些不怎么可靠的代表中
Among the few remaining representatives who seem remotely plausible
有些人开始表现出立场摇摆
there is a perceptible increase in resistance.
该死
Resistance, hell!
辛纳曼鲍勃·霍利斯特
Thingamabob Hollister,
来自印第安纳的民♥主♥党人
Dem from Indiana?
我接近他的时候 那婊♥子♥差点杀了我
I approached him, the sumbitch near to murdered me!
你可能太过强硬
Perhaps you push too hard.
我一点也没有
I push nobody.
也许我们需要后援
Perhaps we need reinforcements.
如果杰夫·戴维斯要来和谈
If Jeff Davis wants to cease hostilities,
还有谁真的关心解放黑奴
who do you think’ll give a genuine solid shit to free slaves?
回去工作吧
Get back to it.
先生们 再会
And gentlemen, good day.
我们死路一条了
We are at an impasse.
让林肯去公开地否认谣言
Tell Lincoln to deny the rumors. Publicly.
你指望我们干什么
Tell us what you expect of us.
我指望你们去工作
I expect you to do your work.
要有健全的心智和品味
And to have sufficient sense and taste
不要想着对总统指手画脚
not to presume to instruct the President.
或是对我
Or me.
到底有没有和谈
Is there a Confederate offer or not?
先生们
Gentlemen
我建议你们在把提议交给总统前
I suggest you work some changes to your proposal
能够做一些修改
before you give it to the President.
我们急着返回华盛顿
We’re eager to be on our way to Washington.
林肯先生派你来就是告诉我们这些的吗
Did Mr. Lincoln tell you to tell us this?
上面说 为两国谋求和平
It says “securing peace for our two countries.”
后文也是这样
And it goes on like that.
不知道你是说
I don’t know what you…
只有一个国家
There’s just one country.
而你和我 我们都是这个国家的公民
And you and I, we’re citizens of that country.
我为了从武装叛军手中保卫她而战
I’m fighting to protect it from armed rebels.
也就是你们
From you.
布莱尔先生告诉我们
Mr. Blair, he told us,
他跟戴维斯总统说我们…
he told President Davis we were…
公民普雷斯顿·布莱尔可以随意信口开河
A private citizen like Preston Blair can say what he pleases
因为他没有任何权利
since he has no authority over anything.
如果想要和林肯总统和谈
If you want to discuss peace with President Lincoln,
就得修改它
consider revisions.
如果我们不以交战两国的名义谈论停战
If we’re not to discuss a truce between warring nations,
那么我们到底在讨论什么
what in heaven’s name can we discuss?
投降的条件
Terms of surrender.
美国♥军♥事办公室电报处
“Office United States Military Telegraph War Dept.
致亚伯拉罕·林肯
“For Abraham Lincoln,
美国总统 1865年1月20日
“President of the United States, January 20, 1865.
我将此消息秘密送出
“I will state confidentially that I am convinced,
在和对方代表谈判后
“upon conversation with these Commissioners,
我认为他们的目的友好 意图诚挚
“that their intentions are good and their desire sincere
旨在恢复和平与联合
“to restore peace and union.
我恐怕他们现在
“I fear now their going back,
若不带回我方高层
“without any expression of interest
意图再次和谈的兴趣
“from anyone in authority,
会对林肯先生影响很不好
”Mr. Lincoln will have a bad influence.
很抱歉我没能为您
“I will be sorry should it prove impossible for you
安排与他们会面
“to have an interview with them.
等待您的指示
“I am awaiting your instructions.
尤利西斯·格兰特 美军中将
“U.S. Grant, Lieutenant General Commanding Armies United States.”
四年的战争 近60万人丧生
After four years of war and near 600,000 lives lost,
他相信我们现在就能停战
he believes we can end this war now.
我对他信任有加
My trust in him is marrow deep.
你能让代表来华盛顿
You could bring the delegates to Washington.
作为交换让南方立刻投降
In exchange for the South’s immediate surrender,
我们向他们保证修正案不会通过
we could promise them the amendment’s defeat.
他们会同意 你觉得呢
They’d agree, don’t you think?
那么我们在这周就能停止战争
We’d end the war. This week.
如果你不想这样 除非你能
Or if you could manage, without seeming to do it, to….
和谈代表团可能会
The peace delegation might encounter delays
在詹姆斯河附近耽搁一阵子
as they travel up the James River.
尤其是威尔明顿还在交战
Particularly with the fighting around Wilmington.
10天时间之内
Within ten days time,
我们或许可以让第13修正案通过
we might pass the Thirteenth Amendment.
一名16岁的男孩
Here’s a sixteen year old boy.
他将要被吊死
They’re gonna hang him.
他和第15 印第安纳骑兵队一起
He was with the 15th Indiana Calvary
在伯弗附近
near Beaufort,
他似乎打断了马腿想当逃兵
seems he lamed his horse to avoid battle.
如果我赦免他
I don’t think even Stanton would complain
我想连斯坦顿都不会抱怨的
if I pardoned him,
你觉得斯坦顿会说什么吗
You think Stanton would complain?
我不知道 先生 我不知道您是谁
I don’t know, sir, I don’t know who you’re, uh…
现在几点了
What time is it?
早上3点40分
It’s three forty in the morning.
别让他再赦免逃兵了
Don’t let him pardon any more deserters…
斯坦顿先生认为您赦免了太多了
Aah, Mr. Stanton thinks you pardon too many.
他对这一点很恼火
He’s generally apoplectic on the subject.
他不应该那样做
He oughtn’t to have done that,
把马弄残废 太残忍♥了
crippled his horse, that was cruel,
但也不能就这么吊死一个16岁的男孩吧
but you don’t just hang a sixteen year old boy for that.
问问那匹马怎么想
Ask the horse what he thinks.
因为残忍♥
For cruelty.
没有几个16岁的男孩能活下来
There’d be no sixteen year old boys left.
格兰特想要我
Grant wants me to
让南方叛党的代表团来华盛顿
bring the secesh delegates to Washington.
真有南方人的代表吗
So there are secesh delegates?
他只是害怕了而已
He was afraid, that’s all it was.
我也不在乎绞死一个怯战的男孩
I don’t care to hang a boy for being frightened, either.
但这么做有什么好处呢
What good would it do him?
战争就要结束了 不是吗
War’s nearly done, ain’t that so?
多一具尸体有什么意义呢
What use one more corpse?
多几具尸体又有什么意义呢
Any more corpses?